***Official ASDOH Class of 2023 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was accepted today about 3-4 hours ago. Will be declining my seat however for in-state school. I really really loved asdoh though and would have went there if it wasn't for the huge cost difference between my in-state school. Best of luck to everyone!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Hey people for those of who got accepted to asdoh yesterday via phone call did you guys have any status change in AADSAS or asdoh’s secondary account? I got the phone call but my status for asdoh is still none

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey people for those of who got accepted to asdoh yesterday via phone call did you guys have any status change in AADSAS or asdoh’s secondary account? I got the phone call but my status for asdoh is still none

I can’t recall if there was any change after I was issued my acceptance. It had never changed prior to that for sure. But now that I have declined my seat, AADSAS was updated to “Offer Declined.”

I had to decline an interview invite I hope they give the opportunity to someone else.

Reactions: 1 user
If you interviewed pre-dec, and have not heard anything back, is it safe to say that you have been rejected?

Fortunate to have been offered acceptance at another program because I have not been impressed at all with this school's lack of communication. I have not received any emails since interviewing pre-December even after asking for a status update and my AADSAS still says "None". Good luck to everyone still waiting!

Has anyone who has been accepted receive information regarding financial aid awards?

For those of you who received acceptances on January 25, did any of you interview before January?

Members don't see this ad :)
I was accepted today about 3-4 hours ago. Will be declining my seat however for in-state school. I really really loved asdoh though and would have went there if it wasn't for the huge cost difference between my in-state school. Best of luck to everyone!
When did you interview??

I'm trying to choose between ASDOH and Touro. I figure the cost of living is higher in NY but tuition is higher at ASDOH so I'm not thinking of money as a factor. I loved the block schedule, no textbooks, and ICSP at ASDOH. I also felt like my interviewers were the most amazing people that I would love to study under. However Mesa seems really conservative and hot as the dickens most of the year, so I'm not as keen on the city. I have family in NY that wants me to choose Touro. I guess this thread is most likely going to be pro-ASDOH, but does anyone have any ideas about these two programs and how to choose between them?

I'm trying to choose between ASDOH and Touro. I figure the cost of living is higher in NY but tuition is higher at ASDOH so I'm not thinking of money as a factor. I loved the block schedule, no textbooks, and ICSP at ASDOH. I also felt like my interviewers were the most amazing people that I would love to study under. However Mesa seems really conservative and hot as the dickens most of the year, so I'm not as keen on the city. I have family in NY that wants me to choose Touro. I guess this thread is most likely going to be pro-ASDOH, but does anyone have any ideas about these two programs and how to choose between them?
i interviewed at both asdoh and touro and i fell in love with asdoh! i love their 4th year rotations, strong clinics, location and small class size. Not knowing about touro's clinics makes me unsure.

I interviewed 1/29, has anyone who interviewed around that time heard back yet? Getting nervous because I was hearing mixed responses of when the admissions call can come.

I interviewed 1/29, has anyone who interviewed around that time heard back yet? Getting nervous because I was hearing mixed responses of when the admissions call can come.
I interviewed the 29th as well and I remember Azra saying at the end she'd be making calls 3 weeks from the day. That would give those who interviewed and got acceptances 1/25 time to confirm or deny their spots.

edit: I have not heard back either.

If you interviewed pre-dec, and have not heard anything back, is it safe to say that you have been rejected?
Wondering the same thing.. interviewed 11/13 and haven't heard anything

Wondering the same thing.. interviewed 11/13 and haven't heard anything
I had my interview at ASDOH my first round and inteviewed end of Nov and found out via email in March that I was waitlisted and then rejected.

I had my interview at ASDOH my first round and inteviewed end of Nov and found out via email in March that I was waitlisted and then rejected.
Sorry to hear that, but would you mind tell me where you find to be waitlisted?

Hey guys I interviewed this past Tuesday 2/12, and was wondering if anyone had heard back yet. Azra said we could hear as early as Friday to the 25th since that was the last day the previous round could hold their spot.

Sorry to hear that, but would you mind tell me where you find to be waitlisted?
Well, Azra told us that hardly anyone gets rejected flat out post interview, meaning you either get the acceptance or you get waitlisted. Since I didn't get accepted around the time they said they might call, I was put onto a waiting list, come March, the class was full and as a result I was not offered a seat.

Hey guys I interviewed this past Tuesday 2/12, and was wondering if anyone had heard back yet. Azra said we could hear as early as Friday to the 25th since that was the last day the previous round could hold their spot.
Earliest anyone gets back to is one week post interview and, the latest anyone hears back is the start of school like the first week LOL

For anyone that interviewed on the 29th of Jan, did anyone get an acceptance? Azra mentioned the third wave would go out in about three weeks and its been about that long.

So I interviewed back in November and have reached out to Azra several times asking about my application status with no response. I tried calling her office (left a message), as well as sending several emails spread out over a couple of months. Does anyone know if there is another faculty member at ASDOH that actually answers questions? I get that she's probably really busy and gets hundreds of emails from applicants, but I haven't heard a single thing since my interview and it's honestly kind of surprising. I don't think I'm alone here but let me know if others are having the same problem.

So I interviewed back in November and have reached out to Azra several times asking about my application status with no response. I tried calling her office (left a message), as well as sending several emails spread out over a couple of months. Does anyone know if there is another faculty member at ASDOH that actually answers questions? I get that she's probably really busy and gets hundreds of emails from applicants, but I haven't heard a single thing since my interview and it's honestly kind of surprising. I don't think I'm alone here but let me know if others are having the same problem.
In my experience, the admissions office is pretty good about responding to my emails. She probably can't get back to you because she doesn't have an answer for you yet. An entire committee gets together to make decisions so I doubt there would be one point person to talk to (besides Azra) and even further, they would not release this information publically as it would very likely result in the death of their inboxes. It sounds like you have already expressed loads of interest...I would be patient as the next round of acceptances should be released very soon. Good luck!

Reactions: 4 users
Do you guys know if they are still sending out interview invites?

can you guys tell me more about the interviews? It says in the email “The Multiple Mini Interview (MMI)with a standardized patient ,the MMI is a circuit of 3 timed independent interview stations with a standardized patient.” what does that mean? What kind of questions do they ask?

can you guys tell me more about the interviews? It says in the email “The Multiple Mini Interview (MMI)with a standardized patient ,the MMI is a circuit of 3 timed independent interview stations with a standardized patient.” what does that mean? What kind of questions do they ask?
I would highly suggest youtube'ing MMI interview questions. I did that a lot and it helped me a great deal with situational questions. Also check the interview feedback tab on SDN here for ASDOH, that should also steer you in the right direction as well. Good luck!

I just declined my offer for an in state school. I loved the program at ASDOH but was not very fond of the city itself. Hope it goes to one of you!

Reactions: 1 users
ACCEPTED! (Hallelujah!) Got a call and follow up email!

Reactions: 6 users
Does anybody know an update on when we will hear back by? I was last told by the end of February.

I interviewed February and I hope I hear back... But I'm pretty sure the class is gonna be full, so my best chance is a wait list.

I got the acceptance call on Friday! Back when I interviewed 1/29 they said half the class size was full.

Reactions: 5 users
It was a hard decision, but I declined my offer from ASDOH to stay in-state. I hope my seat goes to one of you!! Good luck y'all!!

Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone know when the waitlist will be sent out? Did anyone get on the waitlist?

I know the wait list is sporadic but does anyone know how fast the wait list goes?

I just got an email today from azra being placed on the waitlist

Reactions: 4 users
Anyone else placed on the wait list? Is the waiting list by rank or by interview date or just random?

Looks like the waitlist is not by rank or anything. Just a smaller pool of applicants they can pull from when someone drops.

Looks like the waitlist is not by rank or anything. Just a smaller pool of applicants they can pull from when someone drops.

I heard from Azra that for now, it is unranked but after April 12th, they plan on ranking them.

Status
Not open for further replies.