***Official ASDOH Class of 2023 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's how much she actually takes out, or that's basically the max amount they can give her? lol sorry I probably should just message her

Enrollment Services | A.T. Still University

Follow this link and click "cost of attendance (budgets)" then scroll to the bottom and click ASDOH then DMD and it gives you a breakdown along with excel files of the budget specifics. Hope that helps!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Thank you for this!^^

Question for current students: on the expense worksheet for the 1st year budget, it says $1,000 and $724 is allocated for a laptop and ipad, insurance and apps... is this mandatory or can we bring our own laptop/ipad, etc. because I know some schools make you buy their laptop

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you for this!^^

Question for current students: on the expense worksheet for the 1st year budget, it says $1,000 and $724 is allocated for a laptop and ipad, insurance and apps... is this mandatory or can we bring our own laptop/ipad, etc. because I know some schools make you buy their laptop

If you go to your admissions contract, number 13 states the minimum requirements for the laptop and ipad

Reactions: 1 user
I declined my interview here officially. I hope one of you lucky ducks get it :) I saw open dates for December 11th and January 15th.

Does anyone know their in state vs out of state numbers? (Like out of their incoming class of 76)

Does anyone know their in state vs out of state numbers? (Like out of their incoming class of 76)
I'm not aware of the numbers but I'd say a lot of the students are OOS (predominately Texas and California). There is a small number of AZ natives.

Hi guys, did anyone get the financial aid info yet?

Has anyone been rejected? I haven’t heard anything yet.

Reactions: 2 users
I interviewed September 11 and have not been accepted.i thought they will not be sending out rejection.

Sent from my moto g(6) using SDN mobile

Hey guys I got accepted, just wondering if there's a facebook group yet?

Is anyone who interviewed pre-dec but haven't heard back sending/have sent letters of interest? During interview day, Azra did specifically say they send out acceptances on 12/3, but will not send any notifications of rejection/waitlist, and the next wave of acceptances will come out in January. Knowing this, I am hesitant to bother adcom with an email.. thoughts??

Members don't see this ad :)
Just declined my seat, I hope it goes to one of y’all! Good luck and Merry Christmas!!

Has anyone who interviewed Dec 11 heard anything?

Interview #3
School: ASDOH
Notification date: 1/3
Method of notification: email
Residency: CA
AADSAS mail-out date: 8/9
Application complete date: 8/24 (waiting for official DAT scores)
GPA (science, overall): 4.0, 3.86
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 20/21/22/23/QR15
Dates available OR your interview date: 1/14 (Mon), and the following 3 Tuesdays

Has anyone interviewed post-Dec 3rd and received an acceptance? Could you please post your interview date and acceptance date? I'm just curious to see how quickly acceptances go out post-Dec. My hefty deposit is due at the end of the month and hoping I won't have to pay 2 of them if I can get accepted here.

Has anyone interviewed post-Dec 3rd and received an acceptance? Could you please post your interview date and acceptance date? I'm just curious to see how quickly acceptances go out post-Dec. My hefty deposit is due at the end of the month and hoping I won't have to pay 2 of them if I can get accepted here.
i am also trying to figure out the same thing. I rather not pay 2 deposits. adn my asdoh interiview is the day after yours. I have read 2021 and 2022 asdoh's sdn pages. it looks like it takes them about a month to get back to you if you are accepted.
I have heard from other students to let the schools you have interviewed at know that you have been accepted somewhere else and have a deposit due soon. also tell let them know that you rather attend the school you are waiting to hear from. Some schools will take that into consideration and call you sooner.
from my personal experience asdoh is really good/quick at replying with emails.

Has anyone been rejected? I haven’t heard anything yet.
I was rejected back in October but after emailing them. They said it was a mistake and a month later they invited me to interview. I feel like they did reject people back in October. I don't know if they all were mistakes tho.

Does anyone know when the next round of acceptances might be? I interviewed in Nov and haven't heard anything yet.

Does anyone know when the next round of acceptances might be? I interviewed in Nov and haven't heard anything yet.
Don't lose hope! There's a student in my class who interviewed in November but was accepted in July! You never know...

I haven’t heard a thing yet, no interview, anything. Is it safe to assume no interview invite is coming?

I haven’t heard a thing yet, no interview, anything. Is it safe to assume no interview invite is coming?
I believe interviews are still going on. Best of luck!

Don't lose hope! There's a student in my class who interviewed in November but was accepted in July! You never know...
Wishing, hoping, and praying everyday haha. Do you mind asking your classmate if he/she did anything to boost his/her chances of getting off the waitlist? I graduated 2 years ago and am just working full-time, so I don't really have any academic or extracurricular updates, and the only thing I can think of sending in is a LOI. Even then, I am hesitant about the LOI because Azra said if we don't hear anything 12/3 that they will continue with acceptances Jan and on, so I don't want to bother them too much.

what time was the interview over? can i make it for 7:30pm flight from phenix right after the interview? thanks so much :)

Hey guys, I just got an invitation to interview this week. I scheduled for Jan 22nd. Is the panel interview like a group interview, or the applicant with a panel of interviewers? And are the MMI's like speed dating where you just rotate and talk to several interviewers?

Last edited:
Has anyone every heard of getting an interview after submitting the supplemental this late? It's due the 15 of jan? but I just submitted. (please don't make me feel bad! unforeseen circumstances)

Hey guys, I just got an invitation to interview this week. I scheduled for Jan 22nd. Is the panel interview like a group interview, or the applicant with a panel of interviewers? And are the MMI's like speed dating where you just rotate and talk to several interviewers?
It's a panel of interviewers per one applicant, and exactly right for MMI

what time was the interview over? can i make it for 7:30pm flight from phenix right after the interview? thanks so much :)
I emailed Azra because I have the same issue and she said the campus tour is completely optional--so we can leave early if necessary. But we should have enough time with tour included to get to the airport on time.

Keep the following in mind: That group has people who may have been accepted and never left the ATSU-ASDOH group even if they decided on another institution to pursue dental school at. Second, the group has many upper classmen (ambassadors) and other faculty members as well. Only way to quantify specifically is to call admissions and get a more accurate view and gauge from what the school speaks of directly regarding seats remaining and possible interviews to happen. Hope this helps!

Will be declining my seat today, hope one of you guys get it! :)

Interview #3
School: ASDOH
Notification date: 1/3
Method of notification: email
Residency: CA
AADSAS mail-out date: 8/9
Application complete date: 8/24 (waiting for official DAT scores)
GPA (science, overall): 4.0, 3.86
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 20/21/22/23/QR15
Dates available OR your interview date: 1/14 (Mon), and the following 3 Tuesdays

Interviewed on 1/14. Accepted 1/18 by email @ 8:49am MST. [edit: I missed a phone call around 8:45am MST from them, I get Friday's off so I was sleeping in!] It's a great school, but after thinking about it all week, I've decided to attend another. Will let them know this weekend I will decline my seat.

Just for full disclosure, we were all told at the interview that the 2nd board will be issuing 2nd round of acceptances on 1/25 and 1/28 if they can't get to everyone. Azra mentioned acceptances will be issued by phone call. I informed Azra that I have a deposit due on 1/23 and she promised to ask for a response and maybe get an early decision for me. Everyone else likely needs to wait another week for their acceptances. Good luck you guys! Maybe we'll still run into each other around Phoenix!

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Interviewed on 1/14. Accepted 1/18 by email @ 8:49am MST. It's a great school, but after thinking about it all week, I've decided to attend another. Will let them know this weekend I will decline my seat.

Just for full disclosure, we were all told at the interview that the 2nd board will be issuing 2nd round of acceptances on 1/25 and 1/28 if they can't get to everyone. Azra mentioned acceptances will be issued by phone call. I informed Azra that I have a deposit due on 1/23 and she promised to ask for a response and maybe get an early decision for me. Everyone else likely needs to wait another week for their acceptances. Good luck you guys! Maybe we'll still run into each other around Phoenix!

Congrats on getting accepted! I was also at the interview on 1/14(My name is Justin) so I am hoping to hear news back next week. Good luck on your future at Midwestern!

Interviewed on 1/14. Accepted 1/18 by email @ 8:49am MST. It's a great school, but after thinking about it all week, I've decided to attend another. Will let them know this weekend I will decline my seat.

We were at the same interview together on 1/14. I am so happy you got accepted! I hope to see you around the Phoenix area and let me know about all the fun you have at MWUAZ.

Congrats on getting accepted! I was also at the interview on 1/14(My name is Justin) so I am hoping to hear news back next week. Good luck on your future at Midwestern!

We were at the same interview together on 1/14. I am so happy you got accepted! I hope to see you around the Phoenix area and let me know about all the fun you have at MWUAZ.

Thanks guys! We had a great interview group and I hope you all get accepted! DM me so we can stay in touch and watch each other from opposite sides of Phoenix. :highfive:

someone told me they just received a call this afternoon

So I received a call from the admissions team but wasn't able to pick it up, and they left no voicemail and I haven't received an email?

So I received a call from the admissions team but wasn't able to pick it up, and they left no voicemail and I haven't received an email?
I heard if they do leave a message, it is just asking you to call back. Azra said emails may be going out Monday or maybe Tuesday :)

Since they called is that a good sign though? Or do they call with bad news too ?

Sorry, I meant that they would call today and email later. However there is a post above that states "2nd round of acceptances on 1/25 and 1/28 if they can't get to everyone. Azra mentioned acceptances will be issued by phone call."
When I got the call from Azra today, she said something about how I will receive emails with more info soon, probably Monday.

Status
Not open for further replies.