***Official ASDOH Class of 2023 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got an Interview invite today from ATSU-ASDOH. Scheduled it for for November 6th.
Do you mind sharing your stats and when your application went into review? (Thanks....and good luck :) )

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got an interview invite this morning! Anyone have advice on the interview? Haven’t scheduled my day yet but the 6th,12th and 13th are available!

Just got an interview invite this morning! Anyone have advice on the interview? Haven’t scheduled my day yet but the 6th,12th and 13th are available!
Congratulations! Do you mind sharing your stats and when you went into review with them?

I just received a rejection from them.
Oh wow :(

So sorry! Those rejections hurt.

Did you have a lot of community service hours? I know they count those heavily at this school....
I hope you call them and get their feedback...let us know if you feel like sharing as I'm anxiously waiting too. This is excruciating.

I hope you have other interviews.....best of luck to you!

Oh wow :(

So sorry! Those rejections hurt.

Did you have a lot of community service hours? I know they count those heavily at this school....
I hope you call them and get their feedback...let us know if you feel like sharing as I'm anxiously waiting too. This is excruciating.

I hope you have other interviews.....best of luck to you!
I have 2 interviews and 1 rejection (asdoh) so far and i applied to 10 schools. i had 500 hours at a non-profit dental clinic, 1000 research hours and over 300 shadowing hours. my ogpa was a 3.34 and my sgpa 3.31, 20 AA, 22TS and 20PAT.

Congratulations! Do you mind sharing your stats and when you went into review with them?
August 1st it was completed.
sGPA 3.6 oGPA 3.8
DAT: AA-19, TS-19

Reactions: 1 user
August 1st it was completed.
sGPA 3.6 oGPA 3.8
DAT: AA-19, TS-19
Congrats on your interview invite :)

How many community service hours do you have? I'm hoping I have enough to get an interview here!

Congrats on your interview invite :)

How many community service hours do you have? I'm hoping I have enough to get an interview here!
When I applied around 200 ish. I was surprised I got an interview cause I know others have 400+ hours. However I do work at Pediatric Dental office and have well over 4000 hours there so maybe that’s why?

Don’t lose hope though!!

Everybody is super kind there, but I found the set up to be stressful (group activity, committee interview, and MMI). Maybe just me, but I think it's been my toughest one so far. Just be yourself and talk with everybody.

Reactions: 2 users
Everybody is super kind there, but I found the set up to be stressful (group activity, committee interview, and MMI). Maybe just me, but I think it's been my toughest one so far. Just be yourself and talk with everybody.
Thanks for the feedback! Do you know if it’s open or closed file? Also were interview questions pretty basic? I’m nervous about the whole scenario actor portion.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for the feedback! Do you know if it’s open or closed file? Also where interview questions pretty basic? I’m neev about the whole scenario actor portion.
I think it is open file. Really basic questions, conversational for the committee. MMI is not terrible, just different if you've never done it before :)

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know the dates for interviews in November? I have to reschedule mine on last minute notice due to a family emergency and was wondering how far into November they run? Ive already contacted the school and just wanted to get an idea of how far they go until for ASODH

You say you were rejected by Oklahoma this cycle already? Did you ask why?
I didn’t. My application was incredibly late and I have low stats. I’m pretty sure that’s why haha

Anyone received a follow-up email after an interview? I stalked last year’s thread and people received an email about whether they are still considered or rejected before december.

Did anyone attend the open house here yesterday? I wanted to go, but was not able to get there for it.

If you went, was there any interesting information given out regarding where they are with their interviews, etc.? Are they done doing pre-December interviews?

Anyone interviewing on December 4th? Any tips about preparing for MMI style? It'll be my first MMI so wondering what's the best way to feel ready.

Good luck today everyone! I hope you all get in to your school of choice!

Just received the call about 20 minutes ago! ACCEPTED :D

Reactions: 4 users
Seems like they're making calls this morning? Anyone else hear yet?

Received a call this morning! So excited! Good luck everyone

Reactions: 3 users
ACCEPTED at 7:45am! OMG cant wait to meet you guys!

Reactions: 4 users
For those of you that got accepted, who called you and specifically what time?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using SDN mobile

For those who were accepted, anyone received the email yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Accepted!!! Call received 7:50 CT!!!

ACCEPTED!!!!! Dr. Kalamchi called 8:28am!

Accepted at 11:11 EST !!!
Azra left a message!!!
Did anyone got the email yet??

Last edited:
does anyone know if they're calling tmrw? still waiting.....

I'm not sure. Base on last year I don't see anyone getting call last year so hopefully they will make it this year

Sent from my moto g(6) using SDN mobile

Interview #5 but declining
ASDOH and stats in sig. interview dates available are 12/12 and 1/15

For those of you that have already gotten acceptance letters, CONGRATULATIONS!!!

For those of you that are still waiting or have not interviewed yet, please do not lose faith!!
There are so many in my class (c/o 2022) that were accepted after December 1st.
In fact I didn’t even interview until the end of January and myself as well as 7 others in my interview group were all accepted.

If you have any questions about ASDOH, please feel free to PM me :)

Reactions: 5 users
Received an email for interview #5 for me as well. Wondering whether it's still worth it for me to fly. For anyone who already interviewed here, can anyone shed light on how much it'll cost to attend all 4 years including tuition, personal, fees, etc.? Their website doesn't really say :/

Thank you!

Sent from my SM-G930V using SDN mobile

Received an email for interview #5 for me as well. Wondering whether it's still worth it for me to fly. For anyone who already interviewed here, can anyone shed light on how much it'll cost to attend all 4 years including tuition, personal, fees, etc.? Their website doesn't really say :/

Thank you!

Sent from my SM-G930V using SDN mobile

They were also kind of vague during the interview about it, because I didn’t leave with any solid information. But, I guess-timate it’ll cost ballpark somewhere between $430k-$465k before any interest hits you. That’s also without the extra it’ll cost to do the dual MPH degree.

If anyone has any more accurate info, please share! Maybe @bnriley91 can shed some light!

They were also kind of vague during the interview about it, because I didn’t leave with any solid information. But, I guess-timate it’ll cost ballpark somewhere between $430k-$465k before any interest hits you. That’s also without the extra it’ll cost to do the dual MPH degree.

If anyone has any more accurate info, please share! Maybe @bnriley91 can shed some light!
Roughly 300k borrowed before interest.
Pulled from the ATSU website:

Class/Year . Tuition . Educational Supply Fee. Equipment Lab Fee
Class of 2022, year 1 $79,258 $1,150 $12,928
Class of 2021, year 2 $79,258 $1,150 $12,916
Class of 2020, year 3 $79,258 $1,150 $8,917
Class of 2019, year 4 $77,036 . $1,150 $9,239

Awesome, thanks!! Also have to take in consideration living, commuting, etc. plus there’s probably more fees they’re not telling us about lol

Awesome, thanks!! Also have to take in consideration living, commuting, etc. plus there’s probably more fees they’re not telling us about lol

Yeah. I hope it's okay to speak on your behalf, @bnriley91, but he/she actually messaged me before you commented on the subject yesterday and said he/she gets roughly $125,000 of in federal student loans per year, of which includes cost of living and covers everything else needed. So it seems like your estimate was close :p

Yeah. I hope it's okay to speak on your behalf, @bnriley91, but he/she actually messaged me before you commented on the subject yesterday and said he/she gets roughly $125,000 of in federal student loans per year, of which includes cost of living and covers everything else needed. So it seems like your estimate was close :p

That's how much she actually takes out, or that's basically the max amount they can give her? lol sorry I probably should just message her

Status
Not open for further replies.