***Official ASDOH Class of 2023 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.

TX3901

Reaction score
I figured I would start a thread for Arizona School of Dentistry & Oral Health since interviews started going out in mid-August last year. You can post any updates, questions, or information you have about the school on this thread. Good luck to all!

Here is a link to last years thread: ***Official ASDOH Class of 2022 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Link to interview prep: Arizona School of Dentistry and Oral Health Interview Feedback
----> Be sure to give feedback on your interview to help future applicants! :)

*edited by staff to include link to interview feedback

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Interview Invite, received email today!

Reactions: 3 users
Interview Invite, received email today!
That's exciting..congratulations!!
Do you mind sharing your stats and community service hours? Also, did anything change on your portal stating you got an invite, or was it just email?

Members don't see this ad :)
That's exciting..congratulations!!
Do you mind sharing your stats and community service hours? Also, did anything change on your portal stating you got an invite, or was it just email?

GPA (science overall): 3.37, 3.56
DAT (AA, TS, PAT, RC): 20,19,18,23; none below 18
ECs: 500+ Community service, 150 shadowing, 1000+ research with publication, 1000+ leadership hours

On the ASDOH secondary portal, an interview tab popped up. Nothing else, other than that just standard email communication.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi all, can anyone clarify what is meant by a LOR from a "broad-based volunteer community service project"? I have hours under which I volunteered at my local bike shop to gather abandoned bikes and refurbish them for students and residents in my town. Would that be classified as "broad-based"

Hi all, can anyone clarify what is meant by a LOR from a "broad-based volunteer community service project"? I have hours under which I volunteered at my local bike shop to gather abandoned bikes and refurbish them for students and residents in my town. Would that be classified as "broad-based"
Yes that’s perfect. They are referring to a general community service project that is focused on helping others. It doesn’t have to be related to dentistry. Plus I think yours is really cool because it shows you’re well rounded and have cool interests (bikes). Tell the letter writer to focus on the helping the students/residents aspect and you’re golden. Pm me if you need help with this.

Yes that’s perfect. They are referring to a general community service project that is focused on helping others. It doesn’t have to be related to dentistry. Plus I think yours is really cool because it shows you’re well rounded and have cool interests (bikes). Tell the letter writer to focus on the helping the students/residents aspect and you’re golden. Pm me if you need help with this.
Thank you! An admissions coordinator replied that they'd like to see involvement in programs like food banks and Red Cross, but I feel confident now that my involvement at my bike center would be acceptable too.

Can those who have been invited to interview share how many hours of community service they had?

Thanks!

My aadsas status says “none” for this school. Could anyone elaborate on what this may mean? I submitted around June and had received an email stating my app was complete and under review about a month ago. On the portal most of my under schools either say “received/under review” or “received/app complete”. I would like to know what the “None” is all about.

My aadsas status says “none” for this school. Could anyone elaborate on what this may mean? I submitted around June and had received an email stating my app was complete and under review about a month ago. On the portal most of my under schools either say “received/under review” or “received/app complete”. I would like to know what the “None” is all about.
That's what my status is as well. From what I understand, A.T. Still prefers to use their own portal and doesn't update the AADSAS.

Others may know more about this and can correct me if I'm wrong, but I feel it's not anything to worry about as long as you're checking your own portal (and have been informed by them that you're in review).

That's what my status is as well. From what I understand, A.T. Still prefers to use their own portal and doesn't update the AADSAS.

Others may know more about this and can correct me if I'm wrong, but I feel it's not anything to worry about as long as you're checking your ow portal for them (and have been informed by them that you're in review).

Thank you so much! Helps clear things up a bit!!

For two of the schools that I've received interviews, including ASDOH, the status on ADEA ADSAS says "none". I wouldn't worry too much about the ADEA ADSAS status, just rely on email communication and individual school portals!

Reactions: 1 users
Received an interview invitation this morning! I'll be interviewing October 1st. This is my second year applying to ASDOH so I'm really excited. Hope to see some of you there!

Members don't see this ad :)
Received an interview invitation this morning! I'll be interviewing October 1st. This is my second year applying to ASDOH so I'm really excited. Hope to see some of you there!
Hey...congratulations!!

Do you mind posting your stats and when you entered review with them? Thanks!

Sure! This is what I posted on the giant interview/acceptance thread. I'm halfway through a master's program at WVU.
Interview #1
School:
ASDOH
Notification date: 9/10/2018
Method of notification: Email
Residency: UT
AADSAS mail-out date: Mid June
Application complete date: Late June
GPA (science, overall): 3.01, 3.44
Masters GPA: 4.0
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 17/17/19/18/None
Dates available OR your interview date: October 1

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Sure! This is what I posted on the giant interview/acceptance thread. I'm halfway through a master's program at WVU.
Interview #1
School:
ASDOH
AADSAS mail-out date: Late June
Application complete date: Mid June

Congratulations! I have similar stats, do you mind sharing how many volunteer hours you have?

Interview #1
School:
ASDOH

Congrats! I have similar stats to you too, just a little under in GPA but little higher in DAT. My app was complete late July/early Aug though so fingers crossed!!

Interview #1
School:
ASDOH
Hey....congrats!

Are you URM? Also when did your application enter review?

Thanks...and good luck!!

Hey....congrats!

Are you URM? Also when did your application enter review?

Thanks...and good luck!!
I'm not URM. I believe my app went into review at the beginning of August.

I'm not URM. I believe my app went into review a the beginning of August.
Thanks! One more question....

How many community service hours do you have?
(Ha! Nevermind....I see you posted them above at the same time I posted this question!! :) )

I have 50 more volunteer hours to add to my already submitted application. I was told that I could update and add any additional hours even after I'd submitted, but can't see where to do that at the portal.

Does anyone here know how I can add these? Do I need to call them or email them?

I have 50 more volunteer hours to add to my already submitted application. I was told that I could update and add any additional hours even after I'd submitted, but can't see where to do that at the portal.

Does anyone here know how I can add these? Do I need to call them or email them?
Hmm I thought you could only add new volunteer/experiences and not edit them, such as add hours

Hmm I thought you could only add new volunteer/experiences and not edit them, such as add hours
I was told over a month ago (when I called to check on the status of my application), that if I had accumulated more volunteer hours, to let them know and they'd add them. I went ahead and checked with them today and was told to go ahead and write them up and email them to admissions. I don't know if and when they'll add them, but I thought it couldn't hurt :)

Thanks for your response!!

I am debating whether I should try to obtain that optional letter of recommendation from my community service supervisor since it's not required this cycle. Would it help applicants, since I don't have thousands of hours of community service hours?

Did you guys schedule your interviews on online portal? Is that it or do we have to email the admission's office that I've scheduled it?

Did you guys schedule your interviews on online portal? Is that it or do we have to email the admission's office that I've scheduled it?
When did you get an interview invite? Congrats!

Last edited:
I was told by the admissions coordinator today that they do not update AADSAS until way later in the cycle.

Hi, all! My interview is coming up, and I wanted to see if anybody had tips from last year or know anything about this years interviews. Thanks!

What day did you end up scheduling your interview for?

Do you (or anyone) know if they've already given out all of their pre-December interview invites?

Oh, and Good Luck!!! :)

What day did you end up scheduling your interview for?

Do you (or anyone) know if they've already given out all of their pre-December interview invites?

Oh, and Good Luck!!! :)
When I scheduled, they only had to October 9th available. I assume that they will open more in October or November for future rounds of interviewees.

Does anyone know if the panel interview is a panel of interviewers or interviewees or both?

Would it be impossible to go to the airport to catch a 6:20pm flight after the interview? The airport is Sky Harbour in Phoenix.
Other tickets are at least $100 more expensive :(
I think we are done by 4:30pmish.. anyone interviewed already?

Has anyone gone to the interview yet? What was the interview like?

Has anyone gone to the interview yet? What was the interview like?
I think October 1st is the first day for interviews (at least that I've seen). But, I'm anxious to hear how it goes too!!

I honestly haven't seen many interview invites posted....I'm sure hoping to get one and I hate the wait :arghh:

Anyone interviewing October 30th? Looking for people to explore the city with a bit before :)

Anyone interviewing October 30th? Looking for people to explore the city with a bit before :)
The Desert Botanical Garden was super cool! Definitely check it out while you’re there!

How does their interview invitations go? I don’t know if there’s another a portal that we need to check or do we expect an invitation email? My status is “none” on AADSAS.

How does their interview invitations go? I don’t know if there’s another a portal that we need to check or do we expect an invitation email? My status is “none” on AADSAS.
Invitation will come by e-mail.

Has anyone sent a follow up email at all? I still haven’t heard anything :(

Received rejection email this morning. Interviewed at AT still in Missouri and loved it!! Good luck everyone!

Notification date: 10/04/2018
Residency: OOS - GA
AADSAS mail-out date: 08/29/2018
GPA (science, overall): 3.90, 3.87
DAT (AA/TS/Reading/any section below a 17): 24/24/28/none
Interviewing Monday, November 12th

Were you rejected by asdoh or mosdoh?
Rejected from ASDOH. Just saying that I interviewed at the sister school in MOSDOH and really liked the mission of AT Still dental school in general

Got an Interview invite today from ATSU-ASDOH. Scheduled it for for November 6th.

Status
Not open for further replies.