Official August 14 MCAT Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Bonesaw45

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I have seen posts on the 20th and the 16th but nothing for the 14th. I can't wait to get this over with, counting when my kaplan course started I will have been MCATting (not a word) since October and I can't take it anymore. Most frusturating part is that I didn't have that much time to restudy, but at least I got a seat. Anyway, who's ready to take it, I know facts cold but anytime I think about the test my left arm goes numb and my face droops a little. If only I didn't get that 7 in verbal on June 15th+pity+ (I apologize for abusing smiley faces in my posts there just so cool)

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
hey im new to the forum but just wanted to tell you guys i am pretty sure its postponed to monday. my advisor forwarded an email that the aamc sent her:

Subject: August 14th MCAT Score Release

Dear Advisors:

We had hoped to release the August 14th MCAT exam scores by close of
business today. However, we are experiencing further delays. We now
expect to release the scores early next week. I will send another update
when I have more information.

With warm regards,
Michelle

well i have some potential good news now,
i just called them cuz i was mad (bc im registered to take it sept 16th and blah blah i dont want to take it until i know how i did the 14th blah blah) but the lady called the mcat office and they said they have not been delayed.

then again, can we trust them?

I just emailed them too. I asked them if it was probable that they would be released today, since their wording says they "hope" to have them released today. I will let you know what I find out, if anything. Ha! This is probably what is making them take so long because we keep emailing and calling!

well i have some potential good news now,
i just called them cuz i was mad (bc im registered to take it sept 16th and blah blah i dont want to take it until i know how i did the 14th blah blah) but the lady called the mcat office and they said they have not been delayed.

then again, can we trust them?

I don't trust that, everytime they have told us that it wont be delayed it has been. I think you're better off expecting a delay than counting on getting them today.

Honestly this is a farce. If they miss todays deadline, that would be 2 deadlines they have missed. Screw you AAMC.

Members don't see this ad :)
this is rediculous...I might understand the first delay, but two in a row :mad:

Still no reply to my email. I am off to class...hopefully you all will have good news by the time I get out.

hey im new to the forum but just wanted to tell you guys i am pretty sure its postponed to monday. my advisor forwarded an email that the aamc sent her:

Subject: August 14th MCAT Score Release

Dear Advisors:

We had hoped to release the August 14th MCAT exam scores by close of
business today. However, we are experiencing further delays. We now
expect to release the scores early next week. I will send another update
when I have more information.

With warm regards,
Michelle

Are you Kidding me???? is this for real...

EDIT: it still says 14th on the AAMC website.

Its not that I don't believe you, its just I still am holding out hope that there is a shred of humanity in AAMC that will make them report our scores today and not make us wait for the WHOLE WEEKEND.

I bet AAMC was involved with the whole dogfighting issue with Mike Vick!!!!:eek:

this is getting completely ridiculous! they're making us wait til monday??? did anyone else call and hear anything otherwise?

yeah i know some one who took it on july 13th and got her scores like 2 days after it was suppose to be released sorta like us but she got it by 1 pm (et)...........we still havent gotten ours yet hopefully by 5........ i cant wait till after the weekend its insane.

I will respectfully ask you to shut up, because I'm sick of people feeding me the same "Calm down" BS. Thank you. :thumbup:

I refuse to exchange offensive words with you....but trust me if I had seen you in person and you had "respectfully" told me to shut up, I would have respectfully SLAP the crap out of you.

wow, I wrote the sep 7 MCAT, and I would be sooo mad if they delayed posting my scores! feel for yall.

It's just kind of funny that a company administering such an important test (MCAT) would not display the same sort of character that is required of the people that take it and apply to med school. for example, being dependable, honest, and trustworthy.

I have had bad experiences with the AAMC the entire time.

Then you would respectfully get knock out. But in any case it must be nice to be you, since you are not at all bothered but this lack of competence on AAMC's part. Not like the test was free, or they paid me to take it. 200 dollars is a nice hefty some, so I would appreciate if they put it to good use. :thumbup:

Then you would respectfully get knock out. But in any case it must be nice to be you, since you are not at all bothered but this lack of competence on AAMC's part. Not like the test was free, or they paid me to take it. 200 dollars is a nice hefty some, so I would appreciate if they put it to good use. :thumbup:

SInce you sound so certain that you will knock me out and since I see you go to UCLA,,,you seem pretty close to me cos I go to USC..........I don't understand why immature, little brats like you are in college.....you are posting a public message and you tell someone to "shut up"?...I am guessing since you are still a Junior in college you still have some growing up to do..I feel bad for the medical school that accepts you.

+1 In most other situations, failure to deliver = refund...

Dominoes does better than this, and their drivers are mostly a bunch of pimply faced freshmen...30 mins delivered or free...AAMC = 30 days delivered or...you just bend over and wait...

By the way who told you I am not bothered by AAMC's "incompetence"....but think about it from a different perspective...what are you gonna do about it? I mean this is common sense..what you gonna go into AAMC and burn down their office?...I mean just a piece of advise for you mrmilad....in situations that you have no control over, you must learn to deal with it in a positive way and move on instead of complaining like a baby.

By the way who told you I am not bothered by AAMC's "incompetence"....but think about it from a different perspective...what are you gonna do about it? I mean this is common sense..what you gonna go into AAMC and burn down their office?...I mean just a piece of advise for you mrmilad....in situations that you have no control over, you must learn to deal with it in a positive way and move on instead of complaining like a baby.

When it actually harms you to complain like a baby, when you gain respect from real-life colleagues by not doing so, then sure. but in a goddamn pre-med forum, more complaining = more fun to read = more forum activity, etc.

When it actually harms you to complain like a baby, when you gain respect from real-life colleagues by not doing so, then sure. but in a goddamn pre-med forum, more complaining = more fun to read = more forum activity, etc.
+1:thumbup::horns::horns::horns::corny:

People People we are not Animals.

Lets just settle this like civilized people, with a pair of boxing gloves!!!!:D

Is anybody logging in regularly to check if scores are up, or are we all just refreshing sdn? I haven't actually checked THx in a while...

lol.....thats funny...its no big deal guys....i just think it was so unnecessary for "mrmilad" to tell others to "shut up"" on a public forum....says a lot about him .........OK back to the main topic about MCAT release delay.......
People People we are not Animals.

Lets just settle this like civilized people, with a pair of boxing gloves!!!!:D

SLIGHTLY delayed huh... it was supposed to be released on wednesday, now it's NEXT WEEK. best case scenario now is Monday, but it could also be next Friday.

shouldn't they consider posting an apology along with their definition of the word "slightly"?

The scores for August 14 exam are slightly delayed. We hope to release them early next week. Please check this page for updates.

This is getting ridiculous!!!!

They "hoped" to release them today too. I'm not holding my breath for early next week.

This is starting to put a damper on the last two weeks of vacation

next week now!!!!

The scores for August 14 exam are slightly delayed. We hope to release them early next week. Please check this page for updates.