***Official August 2006 Score Release Countdown Thread***

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nikki2002

Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
This is the official countdown thread for the August 2006 MCAT score release. Scores are supposed to be released on October 14th.
praying-cat-2.JPG

thanks guju for letting me take over :cool:

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
BrettBatchelor said:
Guju, have you been checking THx daily?

I did the first time but not this time.

It doesn't actually officially tell the release date until about a week before they release it.

However, based on the trends of the last 2-3 years its safe to say it will be before the 15th of October. This as I've said before is because of the Oct 15th deadline at some schools.

BrettBatchelor said:
At the latest. Guju thinks it will be a little before due to the deadlines being the 15th.

Yeah.. That would at least be NICE of AAMC I suppose. It still seems crazy that is takes 2 MONTHS to grade a multiple choice test and read 60,000 essays.

Kikaku21 said:
Yeah.. That would at least be NICE of AAMC I suppose. It still seems crazy that is takes 2 MONTHS to grade a multiple choice test and read 60,000 essays.
It's almost September already, then before you know it, it will be October, then the true countdown will begin.

gujuDoc said:
Wow Brett this is funny. I'm sooooooo used to seeing your lax side that seeing you as you nervously wait for scores is like seeing a different side of you altogether.

I'm sure we rocked the beast. Just hang in there guys. :)
Yeah...I'm trying to stay calm. I managed to avoid all the post MCAT mayhem here about thinking it was hard or easy.

60 days is just a long tortuous time.

BrettBatchelor said:
It's almost September already, then before you know it, it will be October, then the true countdown will begin.

True. Time Marches On.

gujuDoc said:
Are you applying this year??? If so how are the apps coming along?

No. I am applying next year. I am working on gathering a bit more clinical experience. Also, for the local state school (UIC), I need to take some psych classes.

Members don't see this ad :)
Noeljan said:
countdown....good luck everyone :love:
k, time to start re-studying for january for me :oops:

yupyup, on the same boat. i felt like pudding after the exam and before bed obsessed over a redox question on the PS and then dreamt about a passage that nobody could answer the questions to. :scared:

but come october, good luck to everyone! agonizingly counting down the days probably won't help anyone's nerves, so throw out your calendars and try to relax, hopefully we all did all right. :luck:

Kikaku21 said:
No. I am applying next year. I am working on gathering a bit more clinical experience. Also, for the local state school (UIC), I need to take some psych classes.

Oh ok. So you are in Chi town I take it. Chi town rocks!!! I went there for a wedding earlier this summer. It was fun. :)

Nikki2002 said:
This is the official countdown thread for the August 2006 MCAT score release. We don't know exactly how many days until the score release but we can guess :D So.....59 days and counting

praying-cat-2.JPG

thanks guju for letting me take over :cool:

Just wanted to bump this picture up. You are tooooooooooooooooooo funny Nikki.

The Kahuna said:
Good score or bad score, my Halloween is still gonna rock!

Hahahahahaa. Don't worry by the time Halloween comes 2 weeks will have gone by since score release. so your scores will sink in.

gujuDoc said:
Hahahahahaa. Don't worry by the time Halloween comes 2 weeks will have gone by since score release. so your scores will sink in.

True that, but there's always gonna be the haunted houses and theme parks I go to early on in October, so there might be some overlap!

What is my login Id for the THx system? Just wondering for when the time comes... I tried all my usual ones and none were right.... should I have a number or something somewhere?

woah... sticky status ? maybe the posting in this thread will pick up now

what is the THx system? and how do you register for it?

It's been 4 days, fewer than 56 left.

it's 3:30 am and I can't sleep... I finished finals today and there is this strange nothingness without the MCAT... I can't bring myself to start obsessing about my AMCAS app yet.... :rolleyes:

UMP said:
it's 3:30 am and I can't sleep... I finished finals today and there is this strange nothingness without the MCAT... I can't bring myself to start obsessing about my AMCAS app yet.... :rolleyes:

hmm... I would consider that good news.

UMP said:

You haven't submitted AMCAS yet? Join the club. I still haven't done my PS.

UMP said:
woah... sticky status ? maybe the posting in this thread will pick up now

Yeah no joke. I was wondering why nobody had posted in this thread for a few days, because I hadn't thought that it would be stickied.

Yeah it usually is. Guess what peepz, in another of couple of days we'll be 1 week down and about 7 to go.

Hellzzzzz yeah!!!!!!!!!!

The Kahuna said:
7 weeks huh? That less than 2 months!

Oh yes. Joy even. We are almost through our first full week of WAITING. I feel like we ARE getting somewhere now. I, for one, will have some drinks this weekend to celebrate the progress.

Kikaku21 said:
Oh yes. Joy even. We are almost through our first full week of WAITING. I feel like we ARE getting somewhere now. I, for one, will have some drinks this weekend to celebrate the progress.

You gonna have a drink every saturday to mark another week down??? ;) ;)

We need positive reinforcement every day if we want to make it all the way to October. What is something practical yet outrageous?

The Kahuna said:
We need positive reinforcement every day if we want to make it all the way to October. What is something practical yet outrageous?

Simple. Everyday, a new person posts naked pictures of him/herself here. Practical as a digital camera, yet outrageous as hell. AND it would keep everyone coming.

Hmmmm. From the neck down, i feel OK about the test. But from the neck up, not too hot. I was thinking about that moment before opening the page with my score in Oct - and it made me ill.

gujuDoc said:
So I had an MCAT nightmare last night in which I dreamed that my scantrons didn't get turned in and it was too late to turn it in and so I'd have to take it over again. It was freaky. But thankfully only a dream.

Last year I dreamed I got a low low low score and turned out being a lot higher then my dream. I hate this wait.

October can't come fast enough.

I had so many dreams about the MCAT the night before the MCATs... I hope I just do well. I hate standerized tests. Stupid bubbling!!!! Arghhh!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.