***Official August 2006 Score Release Countdown Thread***

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nikki2002

Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
This is the official countdown thread for the August 2006 MCAT score release. Scores are supposed to be released on October 14th.
praying-cat-2.JPG

thanks guju for letting me take over :cool:

Members don't see this ad.

I wasn't super anxious before. now that its less then 2 days til score release I'm getting nervous as hell. its only been the last week when I've been a wreck. The rest of the time, the countdown was just for kicks and fun.

Dont worry GujuDoc! You got this, good news awaits you!!!!

Good luck everyone :luck:

Dont worry GujuDoc! You got this, good news awaits you!!!!

Good luck everyone :luck:

Let us see about that. I don't know that I'm sure of that just yet. I'm scared.

So how many interviews have you had thus far and are there any schools you'll here from this weekend or coming week???

I'm just a tiny bit anxious. I hope to get a lot more anxious before scores come out because it's no fun checking your score if you don't really care!

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone else going absolutely crazy and seeing no end to this agony?! Better yet, anyone know a good way to STOP thinking about MCAT scores? So close yet so far :(

Anyone else going absolutely crazy and seeing no end to this agony?! Better yet, anyone know a good way to STOP thinking about MCAT scores? So close yet so far :(

i've been becoming more anxious ever since i've been obscessively checking and rechecking sdn. solution? stop coming on sdn. i swear sdn is going to drive me insane.

By receiving them. I don't know. I can't stop thinking about it.

I wonder how responsible AAMC is for junior hypertension. Seriously.

Couldn't they just surprise us with early scores since we're the "special" last paper-and-pencil group??

I guess you guys are right. There is no way to escape. *sigh*

i've been becoming more anxious ever since i've been obscessively checking and rechecking sdn. solution? stop coming on sdn. i swear sdn is going to drive me insane.

I think you're right. I'm new to this thing, and my madness about this MCAT is growing exponentially by the minute. But yet I keep checking...:confused:

The last thing I want is to find out that MCAT scores are out before friday afternoon... that would screw my whole concentration up for my cell neurophys test.

I can live with Friday 10 pm... its going to make or break my weekend... more like just break my weekend.

Everyone here should organize a MCAT checking party at their respective schools. Any cute chicks at UT wanna meet up and check THx at 10pm friday?:p

jk

I think I'm in your class! BIO 337?

yah, well i just wanted to let you guys know that i've been reading sdn and when i saw posts about people dreaming about their mcat scores i sighed to myself, "that's just crazy." Well, low and behold, last night I did the unthinkable: i dreamt about my score. The dream was as follows:

I check online and all i see is my final score: 14. I'm thinking that I knew some pretty dumb people who got higher than this. so i clasp my hands together and i start praying that it's a typo. i'm praying, and while this is happening i'm half way conscious of what's going on, but not completely. so i start praying that it's a dream, in my dream. then i started getting really pissed off...then the alarm goes off.

pretty ****ty, huh?

I check online and all i see is my final score: 14. I'm thinking that I knew some pretty dumb people who got higher than this. so i clasp my hands together and i start praying that it's a typo. i'm praying, and while this is happening i'm half way conscious of what's going on, but not completely. so i start praying that it's a dream, in my dream. then i started getting really pissed off...then the alarm goes off.

pretty ****ty, huh?

i had a dream two nights ago: i got a 36 and my first thought was 'that isnt possible, this must be a dream.' then i went about convincing myself that the score was real. Just when i had finally convinced myself, i woke up. Psh, my highest practice score was a 29, theres more of a chance of God coming down and talking to me than there is of me getting a 36.

Somebody might have already posted an announcement in bold, large font, but just in case:

A little over 1 day left everyone

Members don't see this ad :)
The April 2006 scores have been loaded. If you took the exam and do not see your scores below, please contact us using the "Report a problem" link below.

i got this message on thx

oh well
i am sscared to death and the fact that my parents are going to check the scores too scares me more, I think this is my last pre weekend on earth:scared:

I wish I hadn't told anyone that this was the week for the scores release. I am trying my best to NOT think about it, but almost everywhere I go, friends and famiily ask about the stinkin' scores!! I am getting call after call, Did I get the scores? No you have no scores yet. Damn. I cant get away from thinking about these scores.....:eek: :eek:

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!

my family doesn't know that i'm getting my mcat scores.

is everyone getting that message, because i never took the exam in april wtf

yea my mom kept asking me and finally logged on to aamc website and knew for sure that its the 14th

:(

i think this is the first time since i've been on sdn that i see 141 viewing for the "mcat discussions" forum which is so close to the number for the "Pre-Allopathic" forum. :cool:

I think I'm in your class! BIO 337?

OMG! yes. I'm dying here. I am so ill prepared for this test :scared: .

My day on Friday is going to go thus:
a) wake up and cry
b) go to the test and fail
c) come back home and cry
d) check THx at 10pm
e) cry
f) cry
g) cry

OMG! yes. I'm dying here. I am so ill prepared for this test :scared: .

My day on Friday is going to go thus:
a) wake up and cry
b) go to the test and fail
c) come back home and cry
d) check THx at 10pm
e) cry
f) cry
g) cry

u ll be fine dude! dont stress, btw did you watch the second movie of munna bhai
if not, watch it as your good mcat score reward hehe
good luck!:thumbup:

Hmm I wish I had some Southpark right now...

I'm so tired today.

1 day and a few hours left.

So would you rather get a 33S or a 35N?

my highest practice was a 29 as well...and i dreamed I got a 33! Hold out on hope...thats my advice. You never know what could happen :)

America we have a problem. World of Warcraft is making our children immensely obese. World of Warcraft is the tool of Osama Bin Laden. Slowly he is making out future generation into a bunch of obese slobs.

Your average 8 year old can go from this amazing figure

cartman.jpg

to this abomination

200px-1008.jpg

Stand United again Terror

LOL :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

America we have a problem. World of Warcraft is making our children immensely obese. World of Warcraft is the tool of Osama Bin Laden. Slowly he is making out future generation into a bunch of obese slobs.

Your average 8 year old can go from this amazing figure

cartman.jpg

to this abomination

200px-1008.jpg

Stand United again Terror

LOL :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

That is. Awesome.

your old scores weren't bad. There are several people with that score that have been accepted to an MD program..

I'm sure you'll get in this time around since you are doing an SMP and kicking butt.

Guju - what's SMP, and what were her scores from the previous administration?

i had a dream two nights ago: i got a 36 and my first thought was 'that isnt possible, this must be a dream.' then i went about convincing myself that the score was real. Just when i had finally convinced myself, i woke up. Psh, my highest practice score was a 29, theres more of a chance of God coming down and talking to me than there is of me getting a 36.

I have a friend who's average was 28 or 29 on practice tests with scoring 30 like maybe once or twice. She ended up with a 35R which was an 8 point increase from the second time she took it.

So it is possible.

Oh. I didn't realize you two knew each other - I thought they were public. Seriously though, what is bad? Where do they offer these SM programs?

they offer special master's degree programs at many schools--you might try checking out the post-bacc forum on sdn--you can get tons of info there:)

Guju - what's SMP, and what were her scores from the previous administration?

SMP = special masters program. This is a type of program where you do a 1 year masters program by taking the courses the med students take in their first year. At some SMP programs it is all the same courses that the MS I's take (USF is this way). At other SMP programs like BU or Georgetown it is a mix of some of the MS I year courses and other masters courses but not the whole curricula of MS year I at that school.

If you do well in such a program then it can greatly help your application when you are weak in academics. Nikki's in that sort of program. At the specific one she's at, if you do well you are supposed to be guaranteed an interview at that particular school. At least, I believe that's what she told me a long time ago.

Don't remember much about her particular SMP program. I only know a bit about Wakeforest, Georgetown, BU, and USF. Those are the ones I had looked into in the past.

Her score was not a 30 but it was very very close to 30, which leads me to question why she didn't get any interviews last year. I don't know if her MCAT score was really the cause of it. But then I don't know her full profile so I can't comment. But Nikki will be fine. I have a good feeling about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.