***Official August 2006 Score Release Countdown Thread***

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nikki2002

Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
This is the official countdown thread for the August 2006 MCAT score release. Scores are supposed to be released on October 14th.
praying-cat-2.JPG

thanks guju for letting me take over :cool:

Members don't see this ad.

Lighten up people, life isn’t so cut and dry everything doesn’t have to go according to as planned, in the words of my advisor don’t let school define who you are because before you know, it will be over. Here is a cool video I watched on youtube, interpret it as you wish. After I watched it I was just thinking about how fast time passes by

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6B26asyGKDo

I can't believe I watched that whole thing. At least the music was good.

I think I'm going to go crazy

I don't want to do poorly! But I just feel as though that's going to happen!!!

*cries*

Members don't see this ad :)
I think I'm going to go crazy

I don't want to do poorly! But I just feel as though that's going to happen!!!

*cries*

calm the f@ck down...

what score do you want?
what were your practice scores?
you'll be fine if those are close

calm the f@ck down...

what score do you want?
what were your practice scores?
you'll be fine if those are close

Actually practice scores really doesn't mean ALL that... most of my friends scored around 31 or 32 on the practice AAMCs but all ended up 35+... never told me how they felt afterwards though except, "it was alright"...

Actually practice scores really doesn't mean ALL that... most of my friends scored around 31 or 32 on the practice AAMCs but all ended up 35+... never told me how they felt afterwards though except, "it was alright"...

i have about 1200 other posts you can pick apart if you want :thumbup: ;)

I'm in France so if the scores come out at 10 pm on the 13th that's 4 am on the 14th for me...so that means I may as well go to sleep Friday night rather than stay up until 4. So I'll have to wait until the 14th even if the scores come out on the 13th... That being said, here it's already the morning of the 12th, and of course I don't really have to wait longer than everyone else :)

Wha???

i have about 1200 other posts you can pick apart if you want :thumbup: ;)

Well, I was trying to assure him that if he had real high practice scores he shouldn't really worry but that even if his scores weren't that high he still has some chance...

Well, I was trying to assure him that if he had real high practice scores he shouldn't really worry but that even if his scores weren't that high he still has some chance...

it's nice of you to try to "assure" people... but the fact is, if you look back in the history of SDN (and people have done these polls before) that 95% get within plus/minus 2 of their average in their last 3 AAMC exams...

fact:thumbup:

Hey all,

For those of you whose applications are complete minus the scores, i.e. the admissions committees are only waiting for the release of the August 2006 scores, POST here when you hear back from the adcom (note which university it is) notifying you of "application complete" status.

This process is supposed to be fully automatic, but I'm sceptical.

Miracles happen.

Besides, 95% is a highly specific population. Do you really believe that all applicants use this site?

5% surely includes you. That is, all you need in a university is one hot girl - because there's only one of you. 5%, you and quite a few others probably did better than 2 point gains from the previous administration.

Optimism, my friends, optimism.

it's nice of you to try to "assure" people... but the fact is, if you look back in the history of SDN (and people have done these polls before) that 95% get within plus/minus 2 of their average in their last 3 AAMC exams...

Members don't see this ad :)

I don't want my average though (33) and would definitely be disappointed with getting two points lower than that. Instead, I want my highest practice score or higher (36+) since a 33 versus 36 determines whether or not I'll apply MD/PhD. It is nice to know that practice scores are somewhat indicative though. Thanks UMP. :) Maybe someone can write a paper on this using SDN as a subset...the predictive power of AAMC tests 7-9...hmm...:cool:

AHH! i thought the wait would be easier the second time, esp with school, work, research as distractions! I somehow still manage to find time to repeatedly refresh the page and sdn :(

Is anyone else actually more anxious now than they were the morning of the test?

Is anyone else actually more anxious now than they were the morning of the test?

I wouldn't say that... but my heart did skip a beat when it took Thx a few extra seconds to load this morning...

Miracles happen.

Besides, 95% is a highly specific population. Do you really believe that all applicants use this site?

5% surely includes you. That is, all you need in a university is one hot girl - because there's only one of you. 5%, you and quite a few others probably did better than 2 point gains from the previous administration.

Optimism, my friends, optimism.

I get the gist of what you are saying, I think :confused: .... but your post really makes hardly any sense

there has been someone who tried to do this analysis a couple years back...

:confused: :confused:

If your average scores were below a 30 and you're hoping for a 35... stop now

So who's gonna reformat the Thx site so that physical sciences are the first scores revealed??? Come on, I know one of you can get it done:thumbup:

I think I can honestly say neither situation has given me any anxiety...it's just a test. :)

I haven't even really thought about the MCAT since walking out of the testing center.

Wow. You sir (or maam) are my hero!

Hi all - newb here.

As you all know, the AAMC is telling us that our scores will be released "On or about Oct. 14, 2006."

A friend of mine (who took the April MCAT) told me that the score is actually released at 12:01 am on the day of release... in other words our scores will be released at midnight friday night/saturday morning. Can anyone confirm this??

- Thanks

Hi all - newb here.

As you all know, the AAMC is telling us that our scores will be released "On or about Oct. 14, 2006."

A friend of mine (who took the April MCAT) told me that the score is actually released at 12:01 am on the day of release... in other words our scores will be released at midnight friday night/saturday morning. Can anyone confirm this??

- Thanks

From what I've heard/read on SDN, they've been random with score releases in the past.

AAMC 7 to 9? Oh no....

With MCAT, it's kind of a win or lose situation. Getting a 15 total score and a total score that falls 1 below most cutoffs means the same thing. I would actually rather get a horrible score than something that's so close, but not quite there. At least that makes re-writing it more justified.

I wouldn't say that... but my heart did skip a beat when it took Thx a few extra seconds to load this morning...

Perhaps they're loading the database of scores, and the server is dragging...

wishful thinking, anyway :rolleyes:

That test sucks, and I see little relevance (if any) it might have on how I will do in medical school.

Yea, I totally agree. It's only weakly correlated, but at least for me the results really have a large impact of whether or not I get into medical school, the first hurdle!

Best of luck on score release day! :luck: :luck: :luck:

I had a dream that i got 2 on Vr, 3 on PS and NA on BS. WTF!!

The last thing I want is to find out that MCAT scores are out before friday afternoon... that would screw my whole concentration up for my cell neurophys test.

I can live with Friday 10 pm... its going to make or break my weekend... more like just break my weekend.

Everyone here should organize a MCAT checking party at their respective schools. Any cute chicks at UT wanna meet up and check THx at 10pm friday?:p

jk

logging into THx and looking at my old scores practically enough to give me a heart attack

your old scores weren't bad. There are several people with that score that have been accepted to an MD program..

I'm sure you'll get in this time around since you are doing an SMP and kicking butt.

how come everyone's saying happy release day? i thought it'd be most likely out fri night, not tonight.

oh man if i get my scores and then i'm too upset to watch grey's... that will not be good

what order do the post the marks in? My strongest is usually VR, but the actual mcat was the only time I had trouble with it.

I am going to donate SDN if i get more than 32. My last practice was AAMC 8R and got 35 on it. But I felt like crap walking out from the MCAT test day.

So if you guys see donor icon, that means I am one happy dude! other wise, dont come and talk to me. lol

how come everyone's saying happy release day? i thought it'd be most likely out fri night, not tonight.

oh man if i get my scores and then i'm too upset to watch grey's... that will not be good
lol I agree. I am expecting to check it friday night at 10. Even if its out tonight, im not risking being depressed through Grey's Anatomy.

I wasn't super anxious before. now that its less then 2 days til score release I'm getting nervous as hell. its only been the last week when I've been a wreck. The rest of the time, the countdown was just for kicks and fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.