***Official August 2006 Score Release Countdown Thread***

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nikki2002

Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
This is the official countdown thread for the August 2006 MCAT score release. Scores are supposed to be released on October 14th.
praying-cat-2.JPG

thanks guju for letting me take over :cool:

Members don't see this ad.

Oh. I didn't realize you two knew each other - I thought they were public. Seriously though, what is bad? Where do they offer these SM programs?

No she told me what she got last time. She said it on one of the old random threads. It wasn't horrible as she makes it out to be. it was not high when compared to crazy super genius SDN people. But it wasn't low either when compared to the minimum to get in an allopathic school in the states.

SMP = special masters program. This is a type of program where you do a 1 year masters program by taking the courses the med students take in their first year. At some SMP programs it is all the same courses that the MS I's take (USF is this way). At other SMP programs like BU or Georgetown it is a mix of some of the MS I year courses and other masters courses but not the whole curricula of MS year I at that school.

If you do well in such a program then it can greatly help your application when you are weak in academics. Nikki's in that sort of program. At the specific one she's at, if you do well you are supposed to be guaranteed an interview at that particular school. At least, I believe that's what she told me a long time ago.

Don't remember much about her particular SMP program. I only know a bit about Wakeforest, Georgetown, BU, and USF. Those are the ones I had looked into in the past.

Her score was not a 30 but it was very very close to 30, which leads me to question why she didn't get any interviews last year. I don't know if her MCAT score was really the cause of it. But then I don't know her full profile so I can't comment. But Nikki will be fine. I have a good feeling about it.

guju--PLEASE DO NOT TELL PEOPLE WHAT SMP I AM IN!! i gave you that info in private. and thanks for being so sweet--i know you're gonna get good news tomorrow:)

Members don't see this ad :)
guju--PLEASE DO NOT TELL PEOPLE WHAT SMP I AM IN!! i gave you that info in private. and thanks for being so sweet--i know you're gonna get good news tomorrow:)

I am not don't worry buddy. I was just describing what an SMP is that's all. I wouldn't give away that information.

We :love: you too!!!!!!! You are going to kick butt and get in somewhere in the US in an allopathic program. I know you will!!! Second times the charm.

I have a childhood friend that did the Gtown SMP program last school year and got in on his 3rd try applying to med school. Not at Gtown, but elsewhere. 1 interview 1 acceptance off of a waitlist. So remember that miracles do happen!!! :love: :D

OMG! yes. I'm dying here. I am so ill prepared for this test :scared: .

My day on Friday is going to go thus:
a) wake up and cry
b) go to the test and fail
c) come back home and cry
d) check THx at 10pm
e) cry
f) cry
g) cry

Have we ever talked in person about taking the MCAT?

And don't worry, you can drop a test or take it pass/fail (like me!)

Members don't see this ad :)
who feels like they can't think of anything else and are completely losing it?????? Raise your hand here or say Ay Ay

I say Ay Ay on that one!!!!

I have a friend who's average was 28 or 29 on practice tests with scoring 30 like maybe once or twice. She ended up with a 35R which was an 8 point increase from the second time she took it.

So it is possible.

Thanks for trying to keep some hope alive, guju. I just know my boundaries and i walked out of that test feeling like i did pretty mediocre. My practice test average was a 27 and ill be happy if i get that

I'm a female....taken some classes there as a Biomedical Science major...and yes I know REL too... :)

I'm a female....taken some classes there as a Biomedical Science major...and yes I know REL too... :)

PM me. i wonder if we know each other. I'll PM you my real name if you tell me yours. :p

Maybe we do already know each other or most likely each other's friends cuz I tend to know a lot of people on campus.

yeah, im pretty much fudging my pants right now. a little bit ago some jerk made the thread "AUGUST MCAT SCORES ARE UP!" and i almost fainted, but i think the moderators pulled it...:scared:

Special Masters Program...?

Don't tell me you get a MS degree from only taking 1 year of classes...

Special Masters Program...?

Don't tell me you get a MS degree from only taking 1 year of classes...

Well some are considered MA programs and others are MS programs. But yes some of them are 1 years and others are 2 years.

Some are considered non thesis masters programs and don't require research.

Bah, ive stopped worrying about these scores but im annoyed at myself because i spend an ungodly amount of time on here when i could be doing better things like reading or playing zelda. mmm anticipation

What an dingus..but yes, I am also ****ting my pants right now.

The August 2006 scores will be loaded shortly -- probably about midnight Eastern. Thank you for your patience.
MCAT Scores
You have no scores yet.

YAY! Finals over :) Whew. Feels good. but not so good. actually now im fully vulnerable to this fear and have nothing to distract me anymore!! EEEKKKKK!!

THIS WEEK MUST END!

holy ****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:scared:
i dont think i've ever been this nervous in my entire life!!!

Hey just wanted to wish everyone good luck...hold your breath and hit the button at midnight hopefully we will see each other at medical school interviews:scared: :cool: :laugh: :barf:

I thought I would keep my cool. I have done so for over 7 weeks now. I'M FREAKIN' OUT MAN! :scared:
I know i know....i thought i'd be calm. then why am i shouting. i need to focus on grey's anatomy. and my drink. ;)

Umm, when I called the people at MCAT they told me scores are only updated from 9am - 9:30am. But you guys think they update until midnight? So you're saying it's not a psychiatric disorder for me to check every thirty minutes? Good to know.

holy crap I didn't even notice it said that after logging in multiple times until I saw this thread boom (posts = 17) OMG i was about to scream in lecture.

Status
Not open for further replies.