***Official August 2006 Score Release Countdown Thread***

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nikki2002

Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
This is the official countdown thread for the August 2006 MCAT score release. Scores are supposed to be released on October 14th.
praying-cat-2.JPG

thanks guju for letting me take over :cool:

Members don't see this ad.

last time i went to check my score i forgot my thx username/password stuff so reseting it and stuff prolonged the experience. I forgot it again so I reset it and wrote it down so this time there is no nervous wait the day of

BrettBatchelor said:
Fine. I had one to share, but I guess I'll save it.

Geez, just trying to make some convo.

Celebration? Probably not. Even if I get some score that's too high (read: 40+). Yes, I will be feeling great, but I wouldn't be throwing a party or anything. I'd probably be more concerned with trying to decide where to send my primary app, lol!

btw, which form did you get? Was it BB? Mine was AS, my initials. :)

WilliamsF1 said:
Celebration? Probably not. Even if I get some score that's too high (read: 40+). Yes, I will be feeling great, but I wouldn't be throwing a party or anything. I'd probably be more concerned with trying to decide where to send my primary app, lol!

btw, which form did you get? Was it BB? Mine was AS, my initials. :)
I had AT.

I had a plan for my g/f to reveal my score to me... I'll have to dig it up out of the depths of SDN.

Members don't see this ad :)
BrettBatchelor said:
I had a plan for my g/f to reveal my score to me...

Dude, you're asking to be tortured, lol!!! She will mess with your head A LOT. I will open the webpage myself. Yes, my heart rate will be 200bpm. Yes, I will be short of breath, but I'm just hoping not to have a heart attack.

If you don't see me post or get a PM, I will probably have died. :p

BrettBatchelor said:
Fine. I had one to share, but I guess I'll save it.

Geez, just trying to make some convo.

:laugh: :laugh: you can still share with us. I just don't want to make any plans unless I know I have good news.

gujuDoc said:
:laugh: :laugh: you can still share with us. I just don't want to make any plans unless I know I have good news.
Well it wasn't like I was inviting all my friends over and hooking my computer to a projector and opening THx in front of everyone. That would be asking for bad karma.

BrettBatchelor said:
Well it wasn't like I was inviting all my friends over and hooking my computer to a projector and opening THx in front of everyone. That would be asking for bad karma.

LOL. Yeah I know you wouldn't do that. So do your plans include getting drizzunk!!!!! :laugh: ;)

I want to go out that weekend. that's around the time my bro might be in town so that might be nice.

gujuDoc said:
LOL. Yeah I know you wouldn't do that. So do your plans include getting drizzunk!!!!! :laugh: ;)

I want to go out that weekend. that's around the time my bro might be in town so that might be nice.
Of course not guju...
That would be against the law. ;)

Kikaku21 said:
Simple. Everyday, a new person posts naked pictures of him/herself here. Practical as a digital camera, yet outrageous as hell. AND it would keep everyone coming.

So wrong yet sooooooo right!

BrettBatchelor said:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys,

I took the april mcat and just want you all to know that though the wait sucks it will be well worth it...the only advice i can give u is completely forget about it until october 19th when they will be released...ours were realeased exactly 60 days after the exam online, and came in the mail about a week later...the more you think about your score the worse you'll feel about it so just take it off your mind...i know when i came out of there i felt like i completely bombed it, but ended up getting 6 points higher than my best pratice test.

PacoFan said:
Hey guys,

I took the april mcat and just want you all to know that though the wait sucks it will be well worth it...the only advice i can give u is completely forget about it until october 19th when they will be released...ours were realeased exactly 60 days after the exam online, and came in the mail about a week later...the more you think about your score the worse you'll feel about it so just take it off your mind...i know when i came out of there i felt like i completely bombed it, but ended up getting 6 points higher than my best pratice test.

As I said before, I'm sure it will be before the 15th due to deadlines at schools. But moving on......

we should post ***** on this thread so we can outnumber the number of pages that were in the April countdown thread. I believe there were 218 cuz I was just looking at an old post of mine in that thread.

I'm wondering, where are you guys from?

I'm from San Francisco, the most welcoming city in the US.

BrettBatchelor said:
I had AT.

I had a plan for my g/f to reveal my score to me... I'll have to dig it up out of the depths of SDN.

I was thinking of doing something similar. There is something JARRING about waiting 2 months for something and getting worked up by it, only to have the actual discovery event be a microsecond phenomena at the press of a button.

I could get my g/f to tell me one number at a time.... That way, I can really take a second to internalize my 8 on the VR before hearing about the writing sample... You know?

Broccoli said:
I'm wondering, where are you guys from?

I'm from San Francisco, the most welcoming city in the US.
I was just there and it was definitely not the most welcoming city. Well, I take that back. It is the most welcoming if you speak 6 languages.

I was just there and it was definitely not the most welcoming city. Well, I take that back. It is the most welcoming if you speak 6 languages.

My cousin used to live in San Franscisco and loved it. Now he's in NY though.

I've heard its extremely beautiful and the weather is nice too for summer weather.

Brett PM me because I added you on facebook and wanted to know if you added me.

Yep. :)

I'm liking these new forum features.

Whoa you know how ou get those emails in which it tells you that someone replied to a subscribed thread???

Well it didn't give the quoted stuff before in those emails. Just told you what the person's reply was. But this time it showed the quoted stuff too. Way cool!!!!!

It's evolution baby. I like new features.

:laugh: :laugh:

Yeah so another feature I just noticed is that you can click the arrow in the quote and it will take you to the original post for that and if there is another quote then you can keep going back to that specific conversation. That's wayyyy awesome and reminds me of GMAIL a bit.

Whoa you know how ou get those emails in which it tells you that someone replied to a subscribed thread???

Well it didn't give the quoted stuff before in those emails. Just told you what the person's reply was. But this time it showed the quoted stuff too. Way cool!!!!!

Hey so how do we get those e-mails to tell you that someone replied to a subscribed thread? I've been on SDN for almost 2 years and haven't done this yet!

1 week ago at this time I was about to dredge through Biological Sciences. Thankfully it's all in my rearviewmirror now.

If ya'll haven't seen elsewhere, AAMC already said scores would be available on or before October 14th.

Wooooohooooo my prediction of it being only 7 weeks and not 7.5 weeks left was right!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D

That was smart of them to not wait a week before release to let us know. :p

Just watched "Beerfest." OK movie. I think if we can get something like that going we would have no problem keeping our minds off of the test scores.

This is the official countdown thread for the August 2006 MCAT score release. We don't know exactly how many days until the score release but we can guess :D So.....59 days and counting

praying-cat-2.JPG

thanks guju for letting me take over :cool:

Bumping up my favorite picture again. This kitty represents me. :)

Guju, How many more days?

well basically we are on the start of week 2 so 7 weeks is roughly 49 days but Saturday already passed as did Sunday so maybe 47 or so. I'm doing the countdown by number of weeks left to go this time because its easier to keep track that way

well basically we are on the start of week 2 so 7 weeks is roughly 49 days but Saturday already passed as did Sunday so maybe 47 or so. I'm doing the countdown by number of weeks left to go this time because its easier to keep track that way
lol

keeping count like that would make me go crazy

Well.

Happy Monday. This is week 2. How unfortunate that this damn tests seems to have taken over my life even AFTER the test is over. I never even thought about it before taking the thing. Hahahah.

Pretty sure all the scantrons are done now. They are paying some statistician to fiddle around with the scale now. I feel bad for those WS slaves who have to read 60,000 essays on nothing but politics, business, or communications. Pretty sure mine is much more outrageous than other so maybe I'll bring them a laugh and they will give me a decent score.

Total times practicing the writing: 1.

Pretty sure all the scantrons are done now. They are paying some statistician to fiddle around with the scale now. I feel bad for those WS slaves who have to read 60,000 essays on nothing but politics, business, or communications. Pretty sure mine is much more outrageous than other so maybe I'll bring them a laugh and they will give me a decent score.

Total times practicing the writing: 1.

I never practiced. First and only time was on the real deal! :D Timing wasn't an issue. Each took 20 minutes, but I wrote a single page single spaced (well, 5 lines on the next page). Nothing fancy at all. I'd be lucky to get a P. A Q would be a stretch.

Interesting tidbit: EK said to skip lines, but the directions on the back of the packet clearly said not to. Sucks for anyone that skipped lines.

Btw, I can't believe people are actually counting down the days anymore. I don't see it as big a deal as counting down towards actually taking the mcat.

I never practiced. First and only time was on the real deal! :D Timing wasn't an issue. Each took 20 minutes, but I wrote a single page single spaced (well, 5 lines on the next page). Nothing fancy at all. I'd be lucky to get a P. A Q would be a stretch.

Interesting tidbit: EK said to skip lines, but the directions on the back of the packet clearly said not to. Sucks for anyone that skipped lines.

Btw, I can't believe people are actually counting down the days anymore. I don't see it as big a deal as counting down towards actually taking the mcat.
Dude! The results largely determine whether or not you go to medical school and even where. For me that's kinda a big deal and the culmination of all the hard work I put in studying.

Granted its not like Step 1 where the only time you get to retake is if you fail, but I definitely don't want to have to go through the misery of being a hermit for a couple months.

Dude! The results largely determine whether or not you go to medical school and even where. For me that's kinda a big deal and the culmination of all the hard work I put in studying.

Granted its not like Step 1 where the only time you get to retake is if you fail, but I definitely don't want to have to go through the misery of being a hermit for a couple months.

What, the writing section? Are you kidding me? We don't live in Canada man! Your writing skills will be shown through your PS and secondary essays. All med schools see is your score, not the actual paper. Plus, they know how hectic the entire thing is. The grading is subjective, just look at the distribution. Hopefully I don't automatically get an L because my handwriting was terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.