***Official BU Henry M. Goldman School of Dental Medicine Class of 2023 Interview/Acceptance Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you know until when BU has their interview days?
Unfortunately I don’t, unless I ask them for alternate days to reschedule :-(

Members don't see this ad.

Lectures are live streamed and a recording is uploaded after class. I don't believe attendance is mandatory for every class, but it's strongly encouraged to go just in case there were any technical difficulties with the recording. There are also a few classes that have in class questions that count as a percentage of your grade so you don't want to miss those days

Thats almost correct, all classes are "mandatory" - some classes give extra credit if you come to every class, some you have to sign your name for mandatory attendance credit, some you have turning point questions (like clicker questions), so you have to turn in a sheet of paper, some you can only sign up to do a extra credit project IF you went to class that day. But technically every class is mandatory and our class is really bad about going and the biochem director was threatening to take away echo (the lecture recording) and some classes like Dental Anatomy never record the lecture.

update: once the lecturer didn't turn on her mic so the entire recording was silent - so there are sometimes technical difficulties.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
For people who interviewed after Dec 1 and were accepted, about how long was the wait before you found out?

I am not giving up on Boston just yet.
:angelic:

Interviewed 2/15

Accepted 2/28 via email

Reactions: 2 users
I interviewed on 2/15 like some of the others; however, I have not received a decision. My portal remains "invited for interview". I believe there were a few interviews after my date. So would my file and interview continue to be reviewed along with the subsequent interviewees? Or does this mean I am rejected completely?
Thanks for any insight

How do you know you were waitlisted? Did your aadsas portal status change?

I got an email from BU which actually said "Alternate List" that day, but yes, my AADSAS portal also says Wait List

Members don't see this ad :)
From reading some of the posts, it seems like candidates at my interview date and those after mine have received decisions. I have yet to get any decision whether it be acceptance offered, waitlisted, denied. Does anyone know if BU sends out rejection emails? My portal still says invited for interview.
Thanks

From reading some of the posts, it seems like candidates at my interview date and those after mine have received decisions. I have yet to get any decision whether it be acceptance offered, waitlisted, denied. Does anyone know if BU sends out rejection emails? My portal still says invited for interview.
Thanks
Same here!

Thanks

This is unofficial and purely anecdotal, but I'm under the impression that a no response is a sort of limbo between accepted > waitlist > no response > rejection. It sort of allows a buffer in case a bunch of people turn down their seats in the next few weeks. I think the major milestones to wait for are March 15 and the week following, as well as when canadian dental school's send out their acceptances.

This is unofficial and purely anecdotal, but I'm under the impression that a no response is a sort of limbo between accepted > waitlist > no response > rejection. It sort of allows a buffer in case a bunch of people turn down their seats in the next few weeks. I think the major milestones to wait for are March 15 and the week following, as well as when canadian dental school's send out their acceptances.

What's happening on March 15th, and around what time do Canadian schools usually send out their decisions?

What's happening on March 15th, and around what time do Canadian schools usually send out their decisions?

I misunderstood some info, but March 1st all the dental schools sent their class rosters to the ADEA. I missed the fact that it is March 5th that the ADEA informs all the dental schools about who in their rosters has multiple acceptances. At that point, dental may start rescinding offers. So by that logic it'll be at least March 20th, and I believe rescinds are basically hard deadlines of 15 days even if they've put down a deposit, but I may be wrong. This is also assuming the dental school immediately started sending out rescinds, but more likely it'll take them a few days if not weeks.

As for the Canadian dentals schools, I know Toronto started sending acceptances at the end of February* last year, but UWO will interview at the end of this month.

Last edited:
does anyone know how long after an acceptance is sent out that we have to respond to the school/ pay deposits?

Hey! does anyone know how I can get into the FB group? I tried requesting to join the group but haven't been approved yet. I am looking for a potential roommate possibly near campus :)

A bit late to the party but interviewed 2/25, accepted 2/28

Has anyone else heard back after interviewing late Feb/early Mar?

ACCEPTED on March 12th. Where can I find the facebook page for class of 2023

ACCEPTED on March 12th. Where can I find the facebook page for class of 2023

Type this "DMD Class of 2023 - Boston University School of Dental Medicine", I requested to become part of the group on Monday and haven't been approved yet so just a heads up.

interview 10/31 accepted off waitlist today

When they put you on the waitlist, did your email say Waitlist or Alternate list? I've been trying to figure out if they're the same thing or not. When I emailed the school they told me that Alternate list won't move until late spring.

Does anybody know if BU is still sending out interview invitations?

Reactions: 1 users
Hey! I'm looking for housing for next year. Where do most dental students live that is walking distance?

Accepted off alternate list 3/29. Good luck everyone!

Does anyone know if someone had ever taken an interview invitation on April? I sow that they extended until March, and I was wondering if there is still 1% to have hope

Does anyone know if someone had ever taken an interview invitation on April? I sow that they extended until March, and I was wondering if there is still 1% to have hope
I am asking for Advanced Standing :)

Anyone know why it takes forever for us to join to fb bu dmd class of 2023 group? lol

aka when is “summer”?
Technically classes end May 16th , but there is an APEX program which you gotta be in a dental office from May 20th to July 12th and then you get two weeks off for vacation. Hope this helps

Reactions: 1 users
I’ve sent emails of intent, called admissions multiple times, also emailed Linda Reed personally and I haven’t even gotten interviewed, let alone, rejected yet. What’s up with that?

Anyone hear back or know if the class is full yet?
Not sure. I interviewed in early March and they told me that I’d receive a decision within 3-4 weeks. It’s been almost 8 weeks and there’s been no email or status change on AADSAS.

I’ve sent emails of intent, called admissions multiple times, also emailed Linda Reed personally and I haven’t even gotten interviewed, let alone, rejected yet. What’s up with that?
I was told that March 1st was the last day of interviews, so you're probably not going to get one barring an act of god where 15 people drop the program. Also, I checked the facebook group (I'm not actually in it, but you can search it) and the number of members in it is exactly the class size + the 2 admins, so I think the class is full.

I was told that March 1st was the last day of interviews, so you're probably not going to get one barring an act of god where 15 people drop the program. Also, I checked the facebook group (I'm not actually in it, but you can search it) and the number of members in it is exactly the class size + the 2 admins, so I think the class is full.
LOL still no rejection....Boston scum.

Status
Not open for further replies.