***Official BU Henry M. Goldman School of Dental Medicine Class of 2023 Interview/Acceptance Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

jd14!!18

Reaction score
Last edited by a moderator:
Interview #3
School: Boston University
Notification date: 08/06/2018
Method of notification: Email
Residency: VA
AADSAS mail-out date: 06/25/2018
GPA (science, overall): 3.80, 3.82
DAT (AA/TS/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/22/20/none
Interviewing Oct 12th!

I paid the supplemental application fee back in June but haven't heard from them since. Did anyone receive some sort of update about their application following the payment?

Members don't see this ad :)
I paid the supplemental application fee back in June but haven't heard from them since. Did anyone receive some sort of update about their application following the payment?

The last e-mail I received from them was an app complete email 6/22. If it helps, the subject line was "Boston University Supplemental Application Processed".

Anyone know if BU has sent out more interview invites?

I received an email confirming they had received my supplemental application on July 2nd nothing else since. However my application was not complete until August 5th because of my committee letter. My status says Received/Under Review. Should I call admissions to see if they received my letters?

Members don't see this ad :)
Interview #2!

Notification date: 09/04/2018
Residency: OR
AADSAS mail-out date: 08/04/2018
GPA (science, overall): 3.92, 3.92
DAT (AA/TS/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/21/23/none
Interviewing Tuesday, November 6th :)

Hope to see you guys there!

Reactions: 1 user
Interview #2!

Residency: OR
AADSAS mail-out date: 08/04/2018
GPA (science, overall): 3.92, 3.92
DAT (AA/TS/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/21/23/none
Interviewing Tuesday, November 6th :)

Hope to see you guys there!
Did they give you multiple dates to choose from?

Did they give you multiple dates to choose from?

They gave me a date and time already chosen in the first email they sent when inviting for an interview. I could choose a different date if I wanted by replying to that first interview invite email by saying the date they picked was not possible, and then they would reply back with a list of choices. Source: I called them!

Hello friends,

Current BU dmd 1 - if you have any questions feel free to send a message my way! Good luck :)

Reactions: 2 users
Hello friends,

Current BU dmd 1 - if you have any questions feel free to send a message my way! Good luck :)
Hey I am interviewing on Oct. 5! Can you tell me your experience at interview? How it was and what should I focus on? Also, how is your experience at BU been so far?

Hey I am interviewing on Oct. 5! Can you tell me your experience at interview? How it was and what should I focus on? Also, how is your experience at BU been so far?

Congratulations on your Interview! I wouldn’t sweat it too much it was really easy and I can’t speak for everyone but from what I remember most people who said anything about their interview said it was really relaxed. Most people talked about their hobbies, sports, traveling, etc.

I remember my interview being fun and easy going. What I liked best about BU and why I chose BU was because it was the only school i felt i could really connect with the faculty. So look out for things like that on your journey this year. :)
You take a tour, can ask D3s some questions, eat, interview. Really straightforward.

I love BU and I love in Boston (I’m from Fl) and I think they knew they were my top choice so if you’re enthusiastic and genuinely excited you’re going to do great. You have an interview you’re already good enough to get in, they just want to know you beyond the app.

Orientation was amazing. It’s two weeks long and BU does that so you get two weeks to make friends and connections prior to classes so by the time classes started I was already really comfortable. We have been in classes for a little over a month and we just had our first exam. They spread out the schedule for first years really really well. All classes are video and Audio recorded and that’s SUPER helpful when studying. Upper classman are RIGHT THERE to help you out. Seriously, many of them have gone out of their way to help me and my class out. I think it’s a really nice environment. That being said i don’t know what any other school is like so remember i am a tad biased. :p

There is a lot of contrustion going on right now but We will have a brand new clinic and I think you guys will have the new simulation clinic (lucky duckies). But even the simclin I’m using now isn’t bad. We all have TVs in front of our simulator and it’s a blast, and multiple CAD-CAMS and CERACs.

We share the med school campus and get all of their resources as well, like the med cafe, the library, study rooms, lockers and such. Which is neat for interprofessional connections.

Reactions: 4 users
Congratulations on your Interview! I wouldn’t sweat it too much it was really easy and I can’t speak for everyone but from what I remember most people who said anything about their interview said it was really relaxed. Most people talked about their hobbies, sports, traveling, etc.

I remember my interview being fun and easy going. What I liked best about BU and why I chose BU was because it was the only school i felt i could really connect with the faculty. So look out for things like that on your journey this year. :)
You take a tour, can ask D3s some questions, eat, interview. Really straightforward.

I love BU and I love in Boston (I’m from Fl) and I think they knew they were my top choice so if you’re enthusiastic and genuinely excited you’re going to do great. You have an interview you’re already good enough to get in, they just want to know you beyond the app.

Orientation was amazing. It’s two weeks long and BU does that so you get two weeks to make friends and connections prior to classes so by the time classes started I was already really comfortable. We have been in classes for a little over a month and we just had our first exam. They spread out the schedule for first years really really well. All classes are video and Audio recorded and that’s SUPER helpful when studying. Upper classman are RIGHT THERE to help you out. Seriously, many of them have gone out of their way to help me and my class out. I think it’s a really nice environment. That being said i don’t know what any other school is like so remember i am a tad biased. :p

There is a lot of contrustion going on right now but We will have a brand new clinic and I think you guys will have the new simulation clinic (lucky duckies). But even the simclin I’m using now isn’t bad. We all have TVs in front of our simulator and it’s a blast, and multiple CAD-CAMS and CERACs.

We share the med school campus and get all of their resources as well, like the med cafe, the library, study rooms, lockers and such. Which is neat for interprofessional connections.
Thank you so much for your reply. You seem to really enjoy it. However, do you remember the interview format? Like was it one on one? Also, what made BU your first choice since you are from FL?

Thank you so much for your reply. You seem to really enjoy it. However, do you remember the interview format? Like was it one on one? Also, what made BU your first choice since you are from FL?

Oh sorry! The official interview is one on one with a faculty member buttttt there is a group discussion with the dean of admissions Dr. Russel, and I dont know how much of that adds to your overall interview. I did send thank you letters to both To Dr. Russel and my interviewer.

BU was my first choice going in because of the big city feel Boston is without being as expensive as NY when looking for what you get for housing. I would make sure you consider these factors before the interview. They actually asked me if i was ready to move this far north and how i think I’ll handle winter since these are all major considerations. I knew that i wanted to be in a city for school because the metropolitan area allows for the more diverse patients and just more patients over all. Rather than Fl, which all are pretty small towns. And maybe i needed a change. I also worked for an oral surgeon for two years and he was always going on about digital dentistry and so i had adopted similar beliefs after my time there and then going into the interview and seeing what they had available to students, and that students would be placing implants by their fourth year, i knew it was for me. I have had a lot of experience with cad-cam and cerac, and CBCT scanning that i knew how important these advancements are or can be to patient care. And BU loves their digital dentistry so i think it was a good fit. :)

Oh sorry! The official interview is one on one with a faculty member buttttt there is a group discussion with the dean of admissions Dr. Russel, and I dont know how much of that adds to your overall interview. I did send thank you letters to both To Dr. Russel and my interviewer.

BU was my first choice going in because of the big city feel Boston is without being as expensive as NY when looking for what you get for housing. I would make sure you consider these factors before the interview. They actually asked me if i was ready to move this far north and how i think I’ll handle winter since these are all major considerations. I knew that i wanted to be in a city for school because the metropolitan area allows for the more diverse patients and just more patients over all. Rather than Fl, which all are pretty small towns. And maybe i needed a change. I also worked for an oral surgeon for two years and he was always going on about digital dentistry and so i had adopted similar beliefs after my time there and then going into the interview and seeing what they had available to students, and that students would be placing implants by their fourth year, i knew it was for me. I have had a lot of experience with cad-cam and cerac, and CBCT scanning that i knew how important these advancements are or can be to patient care. And BU loves their digital dentistry so i think it was a good fit. :)
Thank you so much! This was very helpful. BU is my first choice too so I wanted to know your experience.

Interview #5:

Residency: OOS
GPA (Overall, Science): 3.7, 3.7
DAT (AA/TS/Reading/any section below a 17): 23/23/26/None
Interview Date: Monday, November 5th

Residency: OOS - GA
AADSAS mail-out date: 08/29/2018
GPA (science, overall): 3.90, 3.87
DAT (AA/TS/Reading/any section below a 17): 24/24/28/none
Interviewing Tuesday, November 6th

was anybody here waitlisted last year? I was waitlisted last year and told by admissions I don't have to interview again because my first one went great. Anybody know what happens from here on out?

Reactions: 1 users
was anybody here waitlisted last year? I was waitlisted last year and told by admissions I don't have to interview again because my first one went great. Anybody know what happens from here on out?

Your best bet is to email them what they mean specifically but from what it sounds like, you just have to wait for them to make a decision?

I've sent a email update a while back but haven't gotten anything back. Should I be worried? My aadsas still says recieved/under review.

Is anyone interviewing on 10/22 that wants to split a hotel on 10/21? feel free to message me if so!

Plz, do you know when they will reply after the interview? I mean how long they take to tell you that u are accepted?

Plz, do you know when they will reply after the interview? I mean how long they take to tell you that u are accepted?
Every school follows traffic rules. No decision gets sent before Dec 3rd.

Interview #3!

Notification date: 10/03/2018
Residency: NJ
AADSAS mail-out date: 9/18/18 (my app had already been submitted and verified for other schools a month earlier but it took me a little while to finish the supp questions)
Supplemental Fee paid: 9/19/18
GPA (science, overall): 3.96, 3.73
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 23/22/24/25/none
Interviewing Tuesday, November 20th

SO excited!!!

Interview #3!

Notification date: 10/03/2018
Residency: NJ
AADSAS mail-out date: 9/18/18 (my app had already been submitted and verified for other schools a month earlier but it took me a little while to finish the supp questions)
Supplemental Fee paid: 9/19/18
GPA (science, overall): 3.96, 3.73
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 23/22/24/25/none
Interviewing Tuesday, November 20th

SO excited!!!
Congrats!! I have also applied BU around mid-September! Did they give you options for your interview date?

Anyone who had interviews here has some of his or her science( not math) prerequisites at a community college?

Anyone who had interviews here has some of his or her science( not math) prerequisites at a community college?
I’m interviewing here and I took trig and college algebra at a community college.

Does anyone know how many out of state acceptances are given?

Residency: OOS - GA
AADSAS mail-out date: 08/29/2018
GPA (science, overall): 3.90, 3.87
DAT (AA/TS/Reading/any section below a 17): 24/24/28/none
Interviewing Tuesday, November 6th

Any interview advice? Mine is next week

Anyone just get an email from the school?

I got it too, and I was interviewed.

Status
Not open for further replies.