Official Cardiology Fellowship 2021-2022 Season, AMG, IMG, DO

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Thefinalcut

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Let's go!

Credentials
Interviews
Thoughts
Concerns

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone know if this is similar to residency where there are more invites than spots and you have to sign up for interview ASAP when receive an email? Just checking how triggered I need to be when I receive a notification

Does anyone know if this is similar to residency where there are more invites than spots and you have to sign up for interview ASAP when receive an email? Just checking how triggered I need to be when I receive a notification
I would assume it's the same. Better be neurotic about it and secure a spot than be chill and miss it I guess
Good question though, anyone else with experience?

Members don't see this ad :)
Made a spreadsheet which will be updated with program list - also appreciate any edits or suggestions! Hope this helps.

Edit: Please use this link to provide interview invites/rejection dates - Interviews/Rejections

LINK TO SPREADSHEET

Last edited:
  • Love
I just got a couple of acknowledgement emails. does anyone know when do the interviews start for cardiology? My colleague who applied to nephro already got interviews.

I just got a couple of acknowledgement emails. does anyone know when do the interviews start for cardiology? My colleague who applied to nephro already got interviews.
Very late for cards. I heard September is usually the earliest. I got 2 acknowledgement emails too but otherwise nothing

2 acknowledgments, 0 invites and rejections for me so far. I have applied to around 120 programs. I've heard cardiology usually starts sending invites one-two weeks after release of applications.

Cards takes a while, and it's not unusual to get invitations well into October. Nephro interviews anybody with a pulse.

2 acknowledgments, 0 invites and rejections for me so far. I have applied to around 120 programs. I've heard cardiology usually starts sending invites one-two weeks after release of applications.
IMG_7042.jpg

Blue = invites sent, green interviews conducted(for cardiology)

Pulling for my DO colleagues -- good luck.

- lowly intern

Reactions: 3 users
USDO, midwest academic program, here we go.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Inbox is dead silent. I don’t even feel as if I’ve applied anywhere lol. Hoping this isn’t an early sign of a bad season.

I just submitted application today. Does it consider disadvantage to submit application after July 21st?

I just submitted application today. Does it consider disadvantage to submit application after July 21st?
Cardiology programs tend to take longer to review applications. Historically it's preferred to submit applications by date, has been said that it's disadvantageous to apply later. That being said, I don't think the majority of programs care exactly when your application was submitted, the hope is for it not to be lost in the pile. Best of luck!

Why is there so much discrepancy in interviews? Two people can have similar CVs and get interviews at completely different programs.

any program conducting in person IVs this year?

Last edited:
Freaking out over here lol… I really hope it’s still considered early before getting interviews. Today marks 2 weeks since July 21 :((

Sorry to double post. Do people think it’s too late to apply to more programs?

You probably can add more programs, other than your wallet it doesn’t hurt, can only help. That said, as much as I’m freaking out too, I think it’s way too early to. If 2-3 weeks from now it’s still quiet then maybe freak out a bit

I’m wondering what the total silence means…that programs haven’t reviewed or application has been filtered out?

I think it is still early. If we still haven't heard anything by 2nd or 3rd week of August then it is a concern.
Good luck.

Got my first one today. It feels weird seeing friends get other offers from local places when we have similar CVs. Seems random

Got my first one today. It feels weird seeing friends get other offers from local places when we have similar CVs. Seems random

Exactly. I honestly think they just look at the first page and if they don’t like your name or something they don’t offer an invite.

I've kept telling myself it is still early, but the radio silence really bothers me.
Anyone know how did people do at this time around 2 years ago (2019) before the pandemic?

It’s not radio silence for everyone. Quite a bit of programs have sent today too. It’s just highly competitive so hoping for the best. Some more will keep sending over the next 1-3 weeks so keep hoping for the best.

It’s not radio silence for everyone. Quite a bit of programs have sent today too. It’s just highly competitive so hoping for the best. Some more will keep sending over the next 1-3 weeks so keep hoping for the best.
Yup, agree. I just saw some updates on the spreadsheet. I suspect the number of programs have sent out the IVs even higher due to not everyone is on sdn
Hope for the best.

what are the chances of getting interviews without connections or without an internal fellowship program? My inbox has been empty after a few acknowledgments in the beginning! Starting to really freak out!

Scary that the spreadsheet shows all these invites yet its nothing over here. Kinda worried, not too sure what to think. Looks like imgs (like me) are starting to get some invites, so not sure what to make of it!

Currently doing ICU and this is starting to get me...Hanging on thinking that its still early.

One of my seniors, a DO, has two invites. It's a little unsettling seeing these grown adults being so unnerved. This process seems so awful...

Do programs usually put in score filters for fellowship? Anyone know what’s the cut off if that’s the case?

Any news from programs in Ohio and Michigan? The majority of them are not reported in the spreadsheet?

~50% of programs sent out invites as of today, but I agree this week has been slow! next week should be more exciting than this one. good luck