Official: Class of 2008 Acceptance Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

thackl

1K Member
7+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
OK, someone a few days ago suggested start this since I am the 1st SDN'er to gain acceptance into the 2008 class:D If you are in, post it here and start finding out who your classmates will be.

BTW, I called the admissions office this morning to clarify something minor and found out that am the FIRST & ONLY acceptance so far :eek: Wow, that means the other EDP's were rejected or wait listed. The competition must be more fierce than I had expected (EDP candidates have at least 3.7/30). Hope I'm not in a gunner class :scared:

Here is goes; list where you are going and when you found out:

Texas Tech
Thackl (9/5/03)

Members don't see this ad.

Acceptances already?! I thought we couldn't find out until at least Oct. 15? Congrats.

Originally posted by Slickness
Acceptances already?! I thought we couldn't find out until at least Oct. 15? Congrats.

Nope. My letter was typed on the 5th.

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by Slickness

thats for regular decision

congrats thackl! i think that was the school you wanted too! finding out so early, how sweet is that?

It's a great thing if you know where you want to go. My wife and I will be out there this weekend lokking for houses:D Can't wait to get moved and settled.

Congratulations buddy! Let this be the first of many celebrations for us SDN '04ers. :clap:

Congratulations... now your biggest stress will be finding a house... yes, I envy you :)

I HOPE to be part of this club. :p

Thanks for all the kind replies. Now hurry up and join me on this list:D

Congrats thackl on being the first member of the class of 2008 from SDN!! :clap:

Hopefully some of us will be joining him October 15. Best of luck to everyone!

OK, I'll be bumping this on 10/15.

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats Thackl!

You are an inspiration to us all!!

:clap: :clap:

congrats thackl. that's awesome :clap:

From one "Texas pre-meds" thread member to another--good job and congratulations! what a relief to have this out of the way :clap: :D :clap:

congratulations!:clap:

congratulations man!

im a tech 1st year, u are gonna love it here. Holler at me if u need any help or got any questions about stuff. I know its kinda early for all of that but its all good.

well, back to cramming, i got exams in 1 week and its not lookn pretty

later

Omar

[email protected]

Another congrats to you!!! :D

It must be really nice to know where you're going and not have to worry about interviews and rejections during the rest of the year. I was thinking of applying EDP somewhere, but I couldn't decide on the school!

Originally posted by PianoGirl04
Another congrats to you!!! :D

It must be really nice to know where you're going and not have to worry about interviews and rejections during the rest of the year. I was thinking of applying EDP somewhere, but I couldn't decide on the school!

It is kind of nice. I'm in Lubbock right now getting ready to go look at some houses. I will hand deliver my signed acceptance and deposit to hold my spot in the 2008 freshman class.

Omar, I plan to be moved here by Dec and I would love to get to know some MS1's (maybe even shadow a bit). Let me know. thanks:)

hey dude, i will be in the hospital today at 10 to study for histology gimme a call;

i can introduce u to some other M1s taht will be cramming too

if u are busy looking for houses, then thats cool, there some nice houses where i live... 73rd and slide and that area is nice in general.

about shadowing... I shadowed some anesthiosolgists a couple of weeks ago. I plan to do some stuff at the pain clinic;
the anesthiology program is really good here; atleast for pain management. so i m gonna mess around with that as soon as i have time.

Yeah but gimme a call... if u wanna meet some m1s and if u are in the area.

512-7976452 is my cell

peace

Omar

how foolish of me....

i forgot to leave my address and Social Security out in the open too:

3244 73rd street #12
and 663-76-9087

Congrats to the Texas premed, but most of us won't know until February's match day.

Originally posted by omarsaleh66
hey dude, i will be in the hospital today at 10 to study for histology gimme a call;

i can introduce u to some other M1s taht will be cramming too

if u are busy looking for houses, then thats cool, there some nice houses where i live... 73rd and slide and that area is nice in general.

about shadowing... I shadowed some anesthiosolgists a couple of weeks ago. I plan to do some stuff at the pain clinic;
the anesthiology program is really good here; atleast for pain management. so i m gonna mess around with that as soon as i have time.

Yeah but gimme a call... if u wanna meet some m1s and if u are in the area.

Thanks Omar. I didn't get your msg until today. We found a coulple houses down near 82nd and Slide. It's between two down there and one near Melanie Park (60th/Memphis). We will probably make an offer on one today.

When shadowing anesthesiologists, look for a really tall guy named Frank. That's my brother and he's a PG2. He also came here for the pain mangement program. Have you met Dr. Kaye?

I will get in touch with you before my next trip out.

I'm in! University of Cincinnati COM Class of 2008!

Congrat heldicus! That must be nice to get your acceptance already. I had a question for you, did you apply to uc as early or regular? I am going there for an interview on 10/06, how was the interview?

Joseph

Originally posted by heldicus
I'm in! University of Cincinnati COM Class of 2008!

Finally........ some company:D

Congrats:clap:

NEOUCOM class of 2008, found out on September 17th.

They told me right after my interview, while I was still at the school. How cool is that? No nervous days waiting for the mailman.

OldMD

Huge congratulations to all. I'm thrilled to be joining your ranks.

Here, I'll get this format restarted:

University of Cincinnati
Spacekat (9/25/03)
heldicus (9/25/03)

NEOUCOM
OldMD (9/17/03)

Texas Tech
Thackl (9/5/03)

congrats groupies!

I am still in shock and awe but I AM IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(EDP/23MCAT/3.6 UNDERGRAD GPA/ 3.7 MASTERS IN SCIENCE)

LSU-SHREVEPORT CLASS OF 2008

I'm in too!!! found out this morning! :clap:

Bjolly
University of Maryland School of Medicine
Class of 2008!

COngrats!! how did they notify you? snail mail? email? thin envelope? thick? just cuious...cuz i applied regular decision but interviewed, and they said they'll let us know in 4 weeks....how long did they take after your interview??

thanks, premed2!! I applied EDP so I don't know how much you can go by my experience. I interviewed last Monday. I got a phone call today letting me know I was accepted :) and they said the letter will come in a day or 2. I'll let you know once it gets here if it's a thick or thin envelope. when did you interview?

good luck--maybe we'll be classmates! :)

Beth

Originally posted by premed2
COngrats!! how did they notify you? snail mail? email? thin envelope? thick? just cuious...cuz i applied regular decision but interviewed, and they said they'll let us know in 4 weeks....how long did they take after your interview??

For me, it was smail mail exactly one week after the interview. I still have 4 months and a day to wait until I have classmates. Then I'll have 129 of them:clap: I wish one of the other EDP's had been accepted so I could have someone to bs about Tech with:(

Congrats to everyone else on here.

Like spacekat said, let's stick to the format.

LSU-SHREVEPORT
cheesypoofs

NEOUCOM
OldMD (9/17/03)

Texas Tech
Thackl (9/5/03) [/B][/QUOTE]

University of Cincinnati
Spacekat (9/25/03)
heldicus (9/25/03)

Bjolly

I interviewed on August 21st and 5 weeks later found out by telephone.

Congrats to all

Amazing! Congrats to you all...hope to join the ranks soon! :clap:

Tulane, Regular admission.
I called them. They wont mail anything untill today or tommorow.

LSU-SHREVEPORT
cheesypoofs

NEOUCOM
OldMD (9/17/03)

Texas Tech
Thackl (9/5/03) [/B][/QUOTE]

Tulane
Hightrump (10/1/03)

University of Cincinnati
Spacekat (9/25/03)
heldicus (9/25/03)

Bjolly

Happy to join you all!! Congrats to everyone!!

LSU-SHREVEPORT
cheesypoofs

Medical College of Wisconsin
donnyfire (9/25/03)

NEOUCOM
OldMD (9/17/03)

Texas Tech
Thackl (9/5/03)

Tulane
Hightrump (10/1/03)

University of Cincinnati
Spacekat (9/25/03)