-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
**Official Class of 2021 Thread** !
Started by Gurkhali
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
at least you'll be killing two birds with one stone and getting your workout in without even having to go to the gymI'm just going to bring my custom rig to all my classes. Remind me to invest in more power strips.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'll be bringing the gigahertz and banking gigagainsat least you'll be killing two birds with one stone and getting your workout in without even having to go to the gym
And bangin gigahunniesI'll be bringing the gigahertz and banking gigagains
That's like 22% of the female population on earth.And bangin gigahunnies
and the problem is?That's like 22% of the female population on earth.
Dunno.and the problem is?
"All coochie is good coochie"
- Benny Franklin
Anyone have any noise canceling headphones they recommend? I've only ever used the iphone headphones so I don't really have much to compare to haha
Audio-Technica ATH-M50x Professional Studio Monitor Headphones
I have these and they're amazing. They're pricey but worth it! You can get them on Amazon
I'm not exactly sure if the wife would approveand the problem is?
Edit: Also I'm not exactly Genghis Khan
Last edited:
Anyone have any noise canceling headphones they recommend? I've only ever used the iphone headphones so I don't really have much to compare to haha
I have the Bose q35 and love them. Super comfortable and great at cancelling noise in loud environments. I have worn them for a 13 hour flight with no discomfort. I would go to your local Best Buy and try them on!
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
I don't take advice from HIVI have the Bose q35 and love them. Super comfortable and great at cancelling noise in loud environments. I have worn them for a 13 hour flight with no discomfort. I would go to your local Best Buy and try them on!
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Anyone have any noise canceling headphones they recommend? I've only ever used the iphone headphones so I don't really have much to compare to haha
I enjoy my bose ones. Not sure which model, just an over-ear phone with a regular wire. They are fire on plane rides
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
They are not noise cancelling, but I have the new Apple AirPods and I LOVE them. I've wanted truly wireless earpods for so long now (on-ear or over-ear headphones hurt my ears) and the pairing process is so unbelievably seamless.
Currently writing a LOI for my number one.......
What I am writing:
"Interview day at XSOM left me convinced that your program is the best possible fit for my future career as a physician".
What I want to write:
"PLEASE ACCEPT ME I WILL DO ANYTHING, MAYBE NOT MURDER, BUT SOMETHING CLOSE TO MURDER. YOUR WISH IS MY COMMAND OH WISE ADMISSIONS COMMITTEE".
What I am writing:
"Interview day at XSOM left me convinced that your program is the best possible fit for my future career as a physician".
What I want to write:
"PLEASE ACCEPT ME I WILL DO ANYTHING, MAYBE NOT MURDER, BUT SOMETHING CLOSE TO MURDER. YOUR WISH IS MY COMMAND OH WISE ADMISSIONS COMMITTEE".
There's a really short list of things on Fear Factor that I wouldn't do to get into my top choice.Currently writing a LOI for my number one.......
What I am writing:
"Interview day at XSOM left me convinced that your program is the best possible fit for my future career as a physician".
What I want to write:
"PLEASE ACCEPT ME I WILL DO ANYTHING, MAYBE NOT MURDER, BUT SOMETHING CLOSE TO MURDER. YOUR WISH IS MY COMMAND OH WISE ADMISSIONS COMMITTEE".
There's a really short list of things on Fear Factor that I wouldn't do to get into my top choice.
Oh man fear factor. That show was my **** growing up. It was always the second task (eating something gross) that was hardest.
Did you hear anything back after filling yours out?This is a reminder to complete your FAFSA if you haven't already. 2/1 is quickly approaching.
I got a confirmation of submission and then a confirmation that it was processed.Did you hear anything back after filling yours out?
I haven't heard anything back from schools though, if that's what you were referring to. I just wanted to make sure I got in before the priority deadlines.
Yeah I haven't heard from the schools either. But I'm assuming that probably won't be until the summerI got a confirmation of submission and then a confirmation that it was processed.
I haven't heard anything back from schools though, if that's what you were referring to. I just wanted to make sure I got in before the priority deadlines.
Oh crap, I gotta finish that. Is 2/1 the deadline? Priority deadline?This is a reminder to complete your FAFSA if you haven't already. 2/1 is quickly approaching.
It's school-dependent. Some of mine were 1/15, but a lot are 2/1.Oh crap, I gotta finish that. Is 2/1 the deadline? Priority deadline?
What is 2/1This is a reminder to complete your FAFSA if you haven't already. 2/1 is quickly approaching.
Next WednesdayWhat is 2/1
2/1 ∈ QWhat is 2/1
Didn't the fafsa open in early january? Damn, they expect some quick turnaround. I haven't been paying attention, I hope I didn't miss any deadlines lol.It's school-dependent. Some of mine were 1/15, but a lot are 2/1.
I think it opened in OctoberDidn't the fafsa open in early january? Damn, they expect some quick turnaround. I haven't been paying attention, I hope I didn't miss any deadlines lol.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Didn't the fafsa open in early january? Damn, they expect some quick turnaround. I haven't been paying attention, I hope I didn't miss any deadlines lol.
@walloobi is correct. They're doing it way differently this year. Overall I'd say it actually puts less stress on applicants; it opens sooner, you can use your returns from 2 years ago so you don't have to figure out your taxes without your W2's in yet, and you can autoload your returns. Way less painful IMOI think it opened in October
Edit: Word
Last edited:
So my background check returned a misdemeanor for a car accident that occurred a few weeks after I had already submitted my AMCAS. Didn't list it while filling out the background check form because I didn't know it was a misdemeanor. I just emailed the admissions office st my accepted to school to ask if there's anything I need to do to clear it up. Should be fine right?
AMCAS or some schools have a rule that misdemeanors should be disclosed to the school within 10 days of conviction if received after the application. As long as it wasnt something egregious it shouldnt be a big deal . Perhaps @gonnif can chime in.So my background check returned a misdemeanor for a car accident that occurred a few weeks after I had already submitted my AMCAS. Didn't list it while filling out the background check form because I didn't know it was a misdemeanor. I just emailed the admissions office st my accepted to school to ask if there's anything I need to do to clear it up. Should be fine right?
AMCAS or some schools have a rule that misdemeanors should be disclosed to the school within 10 days of conviction if received after the application. As long as it wasnt something egregious it shouldnt be a big deal . Perhaps @gonnif can chime in.
Yeah just a rear ending accident. No DUI or other such things.
One way I saw it put by LizzyM was that if it's not something that you'd be kicked out of med school over, it's not likely to be an issue now either. So I highly doubt if you'll even get any questions about it from your school.
Good to hear, thanks. I know if I was an adcom I wouldn't care, but as the one on the chopping block who's still trying to get into the profession I'm nonetheless a little paranoid about it.
Got my first acceptance today! Beyond excited!! 

HEY CONGRATS!!Got my first acceptance today! Beyond excited!!![]()
Congrats and Welcome! 😎😉Got my first acceptance today! Beyond excited!!![]()
I only have a DO acceptance so far, but I want to join this thread anyway because the memes are great and I'll still be a Doc come 2021...waiting on 3 MD interview "results" still, the wait is really starting to be a drag.
Also, I made myself read this whole thread first. Not that you care, but I did. Great memes. Congrats to all who have been accepted!
Also, I made myself read this whole thread first. Not that you care, but I did. Great memes. Congrats to all who have been accepted!
I only have a DO acceptance so far, but I want to join this thread anyway because the memes are great and I'll still be a Doc come 2021...waiting on 3 MD interview "results" still, the wait is really starting to be a drag.
Also, I made myself read this whole thread first. Not that you care, but I did. Great memes. Congrats to all who have been accepted!
Degree doesn't matter if you're gonna be a class of 2021 med student, congrats and welcome!
I only have a DO acceptance so far, but I want to join this thread anyway because the memes are great and I'll still be a Doc come 2021...waiting on 3 MD interview "results" still, the wait is really starting to be a drag.
Also, I made myself read this whole thread first. Not that you care, but I did. Great memes. Congrats to all who have been accepted!
But also... congrats!
![]()
But also... congrats!
Omg...my favorite meme so far! Maybe its because it was also directed at me 😛 Star Wars is also my jam! Also where do you guys get all these memes?? I'm a little older so not quite as "meme savvy" haha
Degree doesn't matter if you're gonna be a class of 2021 med student, congrats and welcome!
Thank you very much!!
We actively recruit the best memers , Welcome! Make yourself at home, decorate with a meme or two.I only have a DO acceptance so far, but I want to join this thread anyway because the memes are great and I'll still be a Doc come 2021...waiting on 3 MD interview "results" still, the wait is really starting to be a drag.
Also, I made myself read this whole thread first. Not that you care, but I did. Great memes. Congrats to all who have been accepted!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm furious with us. How dare we?man, i'm so happy for all of us
Omg...my favorite meme so far! Maybe its because it was also directed at me 😛 Star Wars is also my jam! Also where do you guys get all these memes?? I'm a little older so not quite as "meme savvy" haha
Mostly facebook. For danker memes you have to go searching though.
Or just make your own.Mostly facebook. For danker memes you have to go searching though.
Well, we do have an extreme vetting process here in this thread. Why don't you have a seat and tell us about your qualifications? I want to be blown away.Thank you very much!!
Well, we do have an extreme vetting process here in this thread. Why don't you have a seat and tell us about your qualifications? I want to be blown away.
Lol my...qualifications? What do you mean by that exactly?
Similar threads
- Replies
- 8
- Views
- 2K
- Replies
- 88
- Views
- 12K
- Replies
- 30
- Views
- 7K
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 568