**Official Class of 2021 Thread** !

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Inetta the moodsetta, anyone?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Impatiently waiting for my background check to come back... I listed old speeding tickets in the misdemeanor section even tho they didn't show up on my student initiated one, so I wonder if it will take longer since I listed something that is out of my state's records. :dead:
Were they considered misdemeanors in the state it occurred??
I've been under the impression that my 2 traffic infractions in the states in which it occurred are simply infractions so I didn't note it on the background check. Hope it doesn't bite me back!

Members don't see this ad :)
Were they considered misdemeanors in the state it occurred??
I've been under the impression that my 2 traffic infractions in the states in which it occurred are simply infractions so I didn't note it on the background check. Hope it doesn't bite me back!
I was soo freaked out by this possibility that I went ahead and ordered my background report.

Reactions: 2 users
Completely agree. However, try your best to do your best!! You never know if your colleagues might reappear in your life later on, or if you might need a letter of rec in the future...

I type this as I'm ready to shove everything off my desk, screaming "I'M OUT!! BYE FELICIA!!"
They won't show up

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-01-11 at 12.45.02 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-01-11 at 12.45.02 PM.png
    67 KB · Views: 103
Last edited:
For any scared Cali residents....

Edit: Not sure if this means your record is clean after 3/10 years or just that the points drop off...

I think that's for purposes of insurance-- but this is where traffic school kicks in-- you can expunge the points via traffic school.

Maybe a dumb question, but I lived out of the country for 5 months for a study abroad in college way back in 2010...do I need to list that address as part of my background check?
Edit: I'd rather not list it if I don't have to...the country is know for terrible bureaucracy and has fallen into a bit of political turmoil.
A note for anyone who has lived abroad: I was asked to provide copies of my passport/visa for my background check

Members don't see this ad :)
So, for anyone who had speeding tickets that they were worried about... I spent ~3 hours searching court records and talking to the people at Certiphi, and they pretty much said that if I hadn't disclosed the speeding tickets, they would not have found them. But, since I disclosed them, they needed the ticket#, location, offense, etc because they have to confirm what is disclosed. Long story short, don't overthink things like I did... Even though they weren't available through the DMV, I was able to find my specific traffic violations using the specific court websites and was able to find the ticket #'s, but it was a huge hassle and now I bet they'll be listed on my cbc.
Were they misdemeanors?

Anybody else counting the days down til they can leave their job? lol

I just want to play .... but I got bills to pay ....................

Reactions: 13 users
Anybody else counting the days down til they can leave their job? lol

I just want to play .... but I got bills to pay ....................
Yeah it's looking like I get to quit maaaybe a week before matriculation.

Reactions: 1 users
I just realized that I need to update my status from pre-medical to medical student :eek: Those little things bring me joy

@Fancy_Feast Looks like they just streamlined Microsoft One Note to an entire tablet.

If they made an Anki cards tablet... $$$

A note for anyone who has lived abroad: I was asked to provide copies of my passport/visa for my background check

I lived abroad for a few years when I was younger. I wonder if they'll ask me too. So far they only contacted me to verify my date of birth, saying they couldn't look up my state records because they didnt have it. My dob is listed correctly already on the background check application. So idk why they asked or what they're doing.

I'm worried about my traffic infractions as I didn't disclose any of them.. hopefully I'm not in a weird state that counts them as misdemeanors haha.
I didn't disclose any of my traffic violations / tickets. Wasn't a problem for me, so hopefully not a problem for you :)
I live in VA

Yeah it's looking like I get to quit maaaybe a week before matriculation.
I think if I get into an in-state school, I'll actually do that ... lol

Anyone have any good suggestions for addictive phone games?? I have never really played any so they're all new to me. Desperately need something to kill time lol.
fallout shelter

Anyone have any good suggestions for addictive phone games?? I have never really played any so they're all new to me. Desperately need something to kill time lol.
If you don't live in a rural area Pokémon Go is still a pretty decent game.

If you don't live in a rural area Pokémon Go is still a pretty decent game.
I loved pokemon go when it first came out but then every gym had like 3000+ dragonites so I gave up haha

I loved pokemon go when it first came out but then every gym had like 3000+ dragonites so I gave up haha
I don't play for the gyms anymore. Spoofers ruined them. I just play to hatch eggs and get some exercise in while reliving childhood nostalgia.

Edit: I combine it with the Nike Running app so I can keep up my pace.

Last edited:
I don't play for the gyms anymore. Spoofers ruined them. I just play to hatch eggs and get some exercise in while reliving childhood nostalgia.
I might have to get back into it was pretty awesome the first month it came out. Except my battery was always dead

I might have to get back into it was pretty awesome the first month it came out. Except my battery was always dead
I think they fixed a lot of that and the battery saver mode is much much more reliable now.

Lol if you read that tablet's site a little more carefully...

"No tablet has less functionality..."

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 3 users
Clash Royale!

Reddit and sdn are my guilty pleasures (or guilty pains) right now.

Reactions: 6 users
Literally started playing last week. Any tips? I feel like I always get so close on brutal mode and lose bc Canada or Iceland -_-

My tip? Look up the strategy guides, haha. You literally have to play a perfect game to win on brutal. The cold weather countries suck

Lol if you read that tablet's site a little more carefully...

"No tablet has less functionality..."

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
This could be a good thing...I have my laptop, ipad and phone for distraction :)

I recently received this as a present and it has been doing wonders in regard to passing the time: https://www.trndlabs.com/product/skeye-mini-drone-with-hd-camera/

I never considered myself to be a 'drone person', but I haven't had this much fun in years:happy:. It does back/front flips, barrel rolls, and it's really fast. Incredibly durable as well. Cats hate it, my dog loves it.