**Official Class of 2021 Thread** !

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Top!

635e8ef02df201330139005056a9545d

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Happy Turkey Day

Attachments

• sw8.jpg
    sw8.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 85
Anyone have any last hurrahs before matriculation planned?
YES.

I am going to go do SE Asia & hopefully Borneo from June-July.

Seriously, people, this is the last chance to see the world before school starts :D.

Reactions: 1 users
YES.

Seriously, people, this is the last chance to see the world before school starts :D.
I did SE Asia last summer and had the time of my life. Also, happy thanksgiving to everyone and congrats on the acceptances.

Reactions: 1 user
YES.

That's awesome. I'm hoping to go across the pond next year.

YES.

Lol i might take a trip outside my home state XD

YES.

Europe!!!! Hopefully I won't be completely broke afterwards

Jumping on in; what a crazy several months it's been! (And quite a few more to go)

Reactions: 2 users
Still waiting ... congrats to everyone who already got in!!!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm strongly debating between backpacking in Europe and going around the US to different national parks (mainly Yellowstone, Yosemite, Grand Canyon, etc) and camping and/or even hiking the Appalachian Trail (as much as I can). I'm not sure how crazy the parks will be tourist wise in the summer though.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
I will be backpacking in Europe next summer if I get in! I already bought a camera, looked into enrolling in a photography class and started planning my route! Maybe I'll see one of you guys there! *not that I'll know you're from sdn even if we walked past each other on a street in Venice lol*

Last edited:
I have zero money for traveling before matriculation, but I do plan on reading a lot of books and sleeping in as much as possible.

Reactions: 8 users
I'm just unnaturally excited about getting a quarter zip up with my school's name on it. Simple woman, simple pleasures lol

Reactions: 12 users
I'm strongly debating between backpacking in Europe and going around the US to different national parks (mainly Yellowstone, Yosemite, Grand Canyon, etc) and camping and/or even hiking the Appalachian Trail (as much as I can). I'm not sure how crazy the parks will be tourist wise in the summer though.
Both are great experiences. EU is probably more expensive. Yosemite can get really busy during the peak season and they turn away cars sometimes. I think you can still walk in though.

Tour the US and pick me up on the way!

Any gamers here? Playing video games without the stress of not getting an acceptance is the best.

Roadtrip across the US is something I would do during one of the summers in med school or before residency. I'd think travelling abroad for a long period is the best if you can afford it.

Europe for 1 month can be done under 5k easily.

SE asia for 1 month can be done under 3k easily.

Lots of other places to see like south america, china, india, japan, parts of africa!

Any gamers here? Playing video games without the stress of not getting an acceptance is the best.

Roadtrip across the US is something I would do during one of the summers in med school or before residency. I'd think travelling abroad for a long period is the best if you can afford it.

Europe for 1 month can be done under 5k easily.

SE asia for 1 month can be done under 3k easily.

Lots of other places to see like south america, china, india, japan, parts of africa!
I'm thinking of buying an Xbox 1s and battlefield as a congratulations to myself haha but I also feel like it won't get much use once med school starts. What are you playing?

I'm thinking of buying an Xbox 1s and battlefield as a congratulations to myself haha but I also feel like it won't get much use once med school starts. What are you playing?

I just built a gaming pc and mainly play overwatch, bf1. and lots of indie steam games

I just built a gaming pc and mainly play overwatch, bf1. and lots of indie steam games
Bf1 looks awesome. I honestly want to just quit my job and play video games all day until school starts but then I'd be broke.

Kerbal space program here. I also play civ and have been eyeing the new one in addition to cities skylines.

Any of y'all play online chess?

I got into med school. What do I do now?
1200.jpg

Reactions: 10 users
Kerbal space program here. I also play civ and have been eyeing the new one in addition to cities skylines.

civ 6 is fun. I'd wait its half off. I got it for full price and it hasn't appealed to me as much as Civ 5 first did

I celebrated my acceptance with guilt-free gaming, for he first time in like 2 years. But now, I need some peeps to play overwatch/rocketleague/bf1 with. All my friends are pcmasterrace and I'm stuck on my xbone, haha

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

For everybody planning on traveling before matriculation, without substantial savings, how do you plan on doing so?

I want to backpack through Europe with my significant other - mainly the UK, France, and Italy - but I don't expect to have more than maybe $1-2,000 saved up.
Cheap tickets to Eu can be had for 500 each. You can live in hostels and use the budget airlines like Ryanair. Hostels run about 50 per person a night to 100 per person a night, cheap airline tickets within Eu can be had for sub 100 dollars per one way. I haven't been to UK, but I hear London is ludicrously expensive. The youth eurorail passes aren't bad either but the airline tickets sometimes end up cheaper.

I would stay away from north Western Eu or limit time there and venture into Spain and eastern Eu if you want to stretch your dollar.

I second everything libertyyne said and would also suggest you look into couch surfing. Its an excellent way to meet local people (who are absolutely key to getting the most out of any european city) and it's totally free (just buy a gift, maybe wine or flowers for your host). It's like airb&b in that you can review hosts, so you don't end up staying with sketchy people. Can't recommend it highly enough. Also look into blablacar for getting to and from places that are close by. Airfare is often cheaper than trains (though significantly less convenient because airports are usually far outside the city.) Enjoy Europe! Excellent way to spend the months prior to med school!

I got Battlefield 1 for $27.00 yesterday. This down time before school just got a whole lot better.

It's funny because the Walmart site kept saying it was sold out so I kept clicking around on Google shopping and got to a page where it said low stock.

Now to refresh my shipping alerts like crazy.

Anyone else get interviews at places where they wrote the least for their secondaries?

all 5 of my interviews have been at places where I left the optional questions blank and didn't copy and paste my lengthy responses.

The schools I wrote the most, no response lol

Anyone else get interviews at places where they wrote the least for their secondaries?

all 5 of my interviews have been at places where I left the optional questions blank and didn't copy and paste my lengthy responses.

The schools I wrote the most, no response lol
I feel like my schools didn't care about my secondaries, besides my first interview where my experiences match the mission of the school. Everywhere else I used the same essays with tweaks.

I feel like my schools didn't care about my secondaries, besides my first interview where my experiences match the mission of the school. Everywhere else I used the same essays with tweaks.

All the schools I used my lengthy essays I got no response. Guess there was something in there that they did not like. I feel less is more in terms of secondaries. Give just enough information to peak curiosity. Don't over explain or you might shatter their illusion of you.

All the schools I used my lengthy essays I got no response. Guess there was something in there that they did not like. I feel less is more in terms of secondaries. Give just enough information to peak curiosity. Don't over explain or you might shatter their illusion of you.
I feel like they just looked at my stats and were like, alright he checks the boxes. Let's get him in.

I feel like they just looked at my stats and were like, alright he checks the boxes. Let's get him in.

Thats the weird thing. I havent heard back from several of my state schools even though my stats are equal to or above their matriculant averages. The state schools I didn't write much for, I got near immediate responses

Thats the weird thing. I havent heard back from several of my state schools even though my stats are equal to or above their matriculant averages. The state schools I didn't write much for, I got near immediate responses
Might be something there. Who knows. For me it was stats , and experiences that match the school's mission that I think got me in the door.

Welp all the other threads are getting locked. Hopefully this one stays around

What TOS violations were occurring ?
Baratheon made multiple accounts. I'm assuming that's a TOS violation. I don't think the thread itself was violating any TOS

Baratheon made multiple accounts. I'm assuming that's a TOS violation. I don't think the thread itself was violating any TOS
Why was the second thread locked then? Confused. But this will be known as the day the meme magic died.

Why was the second thread locked then? Confused. But this will be known as the day the meme magic died.
Yeah confused about that too. We'll have to make this the home of the memes now I guess

moral of the story: Split personality disorder is scary and can drive a man to meme himself.

Also, I lookforward to baratheon being able to join us here. Really hope he gets in

Reactions: 4 users
Meme magic mondays to get some moula as scholarships.

That bans the user not the thread. Semantics I guess crowd control when memes get out of hand.
TBF it was his thread to begin with, but again semantics

I knew he was going to advocate for some sort of cleansing.

Reactions: 5 users