You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
**Official Class of 2021 Thread** !
Started by Gurkhali
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
When you get your paycheck right before black friday.
Follow up!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
^ my top-followup sequence got broken 😢
YES.Anyone have any last hurrahs before matriculation planned?
I am going to go do SE Asia & hopefully Borneo from June-July.
Seriously, people, this is the last chance to see the world before school starts 😀.
I did SE Asia last summer and had the time of my life. Also, happy thanksgiving to everyone and congrats on the acceptances.YES.
I am going to go do SE Asia & hopefully Borneo from June-July.
Seriously, people, this is the last chance to see the world before school starts 😀.
That's awesome. I'm hoping to go across the pond next year.YES.
I am going to go do SE Asia & hopefully Borneo from June-July.
Seriously, people, this is the last chance to see the world before school starts 😀.
Lol i might take a trip outside my home state XDYES.
I am going to go do SE Asia & hopefully Borneo from June-July.
Seriously, people, this is the last chance to see the world before school starts 😀.
Europe!!!! Hopefully I won't be completely broke afterwardsYES.
I am going to go do SE Asia & hopefully Borneo from June-July.
Seriously, people, this is the last chance to see the world before school starts 😀.
7
708445
I'm strongly debating between backpacking in Europe and going around the US to different national parks (mainly Yellowstone, Yosemite, Grand Canyon, etc) and camping and/or even hiking the Appalachian Trail (as much as I can). I'm not sure how crazy the parks will be tourist wise in the summer though.
Last edited:
I will be backpacking in Europe next summer if I get in! I already bought a camera, looked into enrolling in a photography class and started planning my route! Maybe I'll see one of you guys there! *not that I'll know you're from sdn even if we walked past each other on a street in Venice lol*
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Both are great experiences. EU is probably more expensive. Yosemite can get really busy during the peak season and they turn away cars sometimes. I think you can still walk in though.I'm strongly debating between backpacking in Europe and going around the US to different national parks (mainly Yellowstone, Yosemite, Grand Canyon, etc) and camping and/or even hiking the Appalachian Trail (as much as I can). I'm not sure how crazy the parks will be tourist wise in the summer though.
Tour the US and pick me up on the way!I'm strongly debating between backpacking in Europe and going around the US to different national parks (mainly Yellowstone, Yosemite, Grand Canyon, etc) and camping and/or even hiking the Appalachian Trail (as much as I can). I'm not sure how crazy the parks will be tourist wise in the summer though.
Any gamers here? Playing video games without the stress of not getting an acceptance is the best.
Roadtrip across the US is something I would do during one of the summers in med school or before residency. I'd think travelling abroad for a long period is the best if you can afford it.
Europe for 1 month can be done under 5k easily.
SE asia for 1 month can be done under 3k easily.
Lots of other places to see like south america, china, india, japan, parts of africa!
Roadtrip across the US is something I would do during one of the summers in med school or before residency. I'd think travelling abroad for a long period is the best if you can afford it.
Europe for 1 month can be done under 5k easily.
SE asia for 1 month can be done under 3k easily.
Lots of other places to see like south america, china, india, japan, parts of africa!
I'm thinking of buying an Xbox 1s and battlefield as a congratulations to myself haha but I also feel like it won't get much use once med school starts. What are you playing?Any gamers here? Playing video games without the stress of not getting an acceptance is the best.
Roadtrip across the US is something I would do during one of the summers in med school or before residency. I'd think travelling abroad for a long period is the best if you can afford it.
Europe for 1 month can be done under 5k easily.
SE asia for 1 month can be done under 3k easily.
Lots of other places to see like south america, china, india, japan, parts of africa!
I'm thinking of buying an Xbox 1s and battlefield as a congratulations to myself haha but I also feel like it won't get much use once med school starts. What are you playing?
I just built a gaming pc and mainly play overwatch, bf1. and lots of indie steam games
Bf1 looks awesome. I honestly want to just quit my job and play video games all day until school starts but then I'd be broke.I just built a gaming pc and mainly play overwatch, bf1. and lots of indie steam games
Kerbal space program here. I also play civ and have been eyeing the new one in addition to cities skylines.I just built a gaming pc and mainly play overwatch, bf1. and lots of indie steam games
Nerd!Any of y'all play online chess?
Kerbal space program here. I also play civ and have been eyeing the new one in addition to cities skylines.
civ 6 is fun. I'd wait its half off. I got it for full price and it hasn't appealed to me as much as Civ 5 first did
I celebrated my acceptance with guilt-free gaming, for he first time in like 2 years. But now, I need some peeps to play overwatch/rocketleague/bf1 with. All my friends are pcmasterrace and I'm stuck on my xbone, haha
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Cheap tickets to Eu can be had for 500 each. You can live in hostels and use the budget airlines like Ryanair. Hostels run about 50 per person a night to 100 per person a night, cheap airline tickets within Eu can be had for sub 100 dollars per one way. I haven't been to UK, but I hear London is ludicrously expensive. The youth eurorail passes aren't bad either but the airline tickets sometimes end up cheaper.For everybody planning on traveling before matriculation, without substantial savings, how do you plan on doing so?
I want to backpack through Europe with my significant other - mainly the UK, France, and Italy - but I don't expect to have more than maybe $1-2,000 saved up.
I would stay away from north Western Eu or limit time there and venture into Spain and eastern Eu if you want to stretch your dollar.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I second everything libertyyne said and would also suggest you look into couch surfing. Its an excellent way to meet local people (who are absolutely key to getting the most out of any european city) and it's totally free (just buy a gift, maybe wine or flowers for your host). It's like airb&b in that you can review hosts, so you don't end up staying with sketchy people. Can't recommend it highly enough. Also look into blablacar for getting to and from places that are close by. Airfare is often cheaper than trains (though significantly less convenient because airports are usually far outside the city.) Enjoy Europe! Excellent way to spend the months prior to med school!
I got Battlefield 1 for $27.00 yesterday. This down time before school just got a whole lot better.
It's funny because the Walmart site kept saying it was sold out so I kept clicking around on Google shopping and got to a page where it said low stock.
Now to refresh my shipping alerts like crazy.
It's funny because the Walmart site kept saying it was sold out so I kept clicking around on Google shopping and got to a page where it said low stock.
Now to refresh my shipping alerts like crazy.
Anyone else get interviews at places where they wrote the least for their secondaries?
all 5 of my interviews have been at places where I left the optional questions blank and didn't copy and paste my lengthy responses.
The schools I wrote the most, no response lol
all 5 of my interviews have been at places where I left the optional questions blank and didn't copy and paste my lengthy responses.
The schools I wrote the most, no response lol
I feel like my schools didn't care about my secondaries, besides my first interview where my experiences match the mission of the school. Everywhere else I used the same essays with tweaks.Anyone else get interviews at places where they wrote the least for their secondaries?
all 5 of my interviews have been at places where I left the optional questions blank and didn't copy and paste my lengthy responses.
The schools I wrote the most, no response lol
I feel like my schools didn't care about my secondaries, besides my first interview where my experiences match the mission of the school. Everywhere else I used the same essays with tweaks.
All the schools I used my lengthy essays I got no response. Guess there was something in there that they did not like. I feel less is more in terms of secondaries. Give just enough information to peak curiosity. Don't over explain or you might shatter their illusion of you.
I feel like they just looked at my stats and were like, alright he checks the boxes. Let's get him in.All the schools I used my lengthy essays I got no response. Guess there was something in there that they did not like. I feel less is more in terms of secondaries. Give just enough information to peak curiosity. Don't over explain or you might shatter their illusion of you.
I feel like they just looked at my stats and were like, alright he checks the boxes. Let's get him in.
Thats the weird thing. I havent heard back from several of my state schools even though my stats are equal to or above their matriculant averages. The state schools I didn't write much for, I got near immediate responses
Might be something there. Who knows. For me it was stats , and experiences that match the school's mission that I think got me in the door.Thats the weird thing. I havent heard back from several of my state schools even though my stats are equal to or above their matriculant averages. The state schools I didn't write much for, I got near immediate responses
What TOS violations were occurring ?Welp all the other threads are getting locked. Hopefully this one stays around
Baratheon made multiple accounts. I'm assuming that's a TOS violation. I don't think the thread itself was violating any TOSWhat TOS violations were occurring ?
A certain someone made multiple multiple accountsWhat TOS violations were occurring ?
Why was the second thread locked then? Confused. But this will be known as the day the meme magic died.Baratheon made multiple accounts. I'm assuming that's a TOS violation. I don't think the thread itself was violating any TOS
Rule 18Baratheon made multiple accounts. I'm assuming that's a TOS violation.
That bans the user not the thread. Semantics I guess crowd control when memes get out of hand.Rule 18
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yeah confused about that too. We'll have to make this the home of the memes now I guessWhy was the second thread locked then? Confused. But this will be known as the day the meme magic died.
Meme magic mondays to get some moula as scholarships.
TBF it was his thread to begin with, but again semanticsThat bans the user not the thread. Semantics I guess crowd control when memes get out of hand.
I knew he was going to advocate for some sort of cleansing.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 8
- Views
- 2K
- Replies
- 87
- Views
- 11K
- Replies
- 30
- Views
- 7K
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 551