**Official Class of 2021 Thread** !

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Checking in here! What's the other thread, what was its "poor naming," and what happened? Bunch of references I'm missing.
The other thread was the "oh no I dont have an interview" thread.

Members don't see this ad.

Checking in here! What's the other thread, what was its "poor naming," and what happened? Bunch of references I'm missing.
You missed baratheon making a bunch of accounts and getting banned again and told that they might take legal actions to prevent him from joining again haha. But he got an II finally

Reactions: 8 users
So weird, I've been really into WW1 history lately. Reading a history by Keegan.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Check out Dan Carlin's Hardcore History podcast series, Blueprint for Armeggedon. He covers WWI masterfully, I just listened to the whole 15+ hour series for the 4th time. It's that good. Also he references Keegan a bit.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
You missed baratheon making a bunch of accounts and getting banned again and told that they might take legal actions to prevent him from joining again haha. But he got an II finally
I swear I had a dream about Baratheon running from cops while carrying a desk top in his arms. Skinny indian boy running from the cops makes a great dream, folks.

Reactions: 1 user
I swear I had a dream about Baratheon running from cops while carrying a desk top in his arms. Skinny indian boy running from the cops makes a great dream, folks.
They already made that movie already. It's called "Aladdin"

I'M SO STUPID. HOW DID I NOT THINK OF THE FIRST SONG.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
I thought it was a fictional country that was assumed to be India
Wow, reported. Just wait till I tell Baratheon on his 8th account. He's gonna get some mad that account won't make it past the first post.

I thought it took place in a fictional country that was assumed to be India

maxresdefault.jpg

Wow, reported. Just wait till I tell Baratheon on his 8th account. He's gonna get some mad that account won't make it past the first post.
I didn't mean it! My cultural ignorance is only compounded by my empty stomach :dead:

In the same boat right now. Recently got a II from Cooper, but I can't imagine living in Camden or going to a school thats very primary care focused.
What's to ask? You guys are accepted, don't think the new school is a good fit, plus it cost to attend the interview I assume? Why? Unless the school is Harvard or Hopkins, just enjoy your time til school starts.

Members don't see this ad :)
Schools are not in the business of giving out free rides. 100% scholarships are reserved for a select few, stellar students with multiple acceptances (at top tier schools) and for the MD/Phd track.
This. Don't go to the interview banking on a full ride. Lucky enough to get in let alone a full ride. That shouldn't even be part of the equation

Better brush up on your cultural awareness before starting med school ;)
@Gurkhali 's dream just reminded me of the scene where he was running from the dudes with full-on scimitars and I didn't put 2 and 2 together. Or rather I did, I just ended up with 5, not 4

Check out Dan Carlin's Hardcore History podcast series, Blueprint for Armeggedon. He covers WWI masterfully, I just listened to the whole 15+ hour series for the 4th time. It's that good. Also he references Keegan a bit.

I listened to that series a few years ago. It was incredible.

I listened to that series a few years ago. It was incredible.

Love it when I meet other people who appreciate Carlin! The best 6$ I've ever spent was his Ghost's of the Ostfront series, I think it's his finest work.

Love it when I meet other people who appreciate Carlin! The best 6$ I've ever spent was his Ghost's of the Ostfront series, I think it's his finest work.
I loved his Genghis Khan series.

I got an email from Pritzker today! Telling me to apply for their masters of science in law program during my gap year. Thanks for the faith pritzker :(

Reactions: 5 users
I got an email from Pritzker today! Telling me to apply for their masters of science in law program during my gap year. Thanks for the faith pritzker :(
That sounds like a useless degree if I have ever heard of one.

Correction: during your "gapy" year. ;)

Reactions: 4 users
Hi guys! I'm so happy to finally join you! Received my first acceptance this morning and cannot believe that I am going to be a doctor! Eeeek

Reactions: 19 users
Hi guys! I'm so happy to finally join you! Received my first acceptance this morning and cannot believe that I am going to be a doctor! Eeeek

WOOOOOOOO

just finished working a 10 hour shift as a scribe... it's taking every ounce of my soul to keep working there.

Reactions: 7 users
just finished working a 10 hour shift as a scribe... it's taking every ounce of my soul to keep working there.
Yeah I get you. Every time minor bull**** happens at my work now I seriously contemplate quitting

Reactions: 5 users
Correction: during your "gapy" year. ;)
If you can't even make sure there's no typo in the title of your email why on earth would anyone want to apply to your program haha

I'm in the middle of my shift right now. I actually think I like it more now that I am accepted. A lot of the doctors and PA's heard the news and keep showing me new things and saying things like, "you'll see when you start med school..." Feels like some sort of insider club!

EDIT: And every dollar goes to paying the debt I racked up on interviews and my first upcoming international trip.

Suh dudes (and dudettes)

Glad this thread is here. Every time I had an alert and it said "so-and-so replied to the thread Class of 2021111!!!one!!one!!" I cringed for our class haha.

Last edited:
I'm in the middle of my shift right now. I actually think I like it more now that I am accepted. A lot of the doctors and PA's heard the news and keep showing me new things and saying things like, "you'll see when you start med school..." Feels like some sort of insider club!

EDIT: And every dollar goes to paying the debt I racked up on interviews and my first upcoming international trip.
this is true, they treat me slightly different since they found out about my acceptance. i'm just over this premed life already.

I'm also seriously struggling to maintain motivation at work

Reactions: 6 users

I don't want to get fired for being unproductive, but it's really hard caring at this point considering my whole life will be different in 6 months.

Reactions: 10 users
I don't want to get fired for being unproductive, but it's really hard caring at this point considering my whole life will be different in 6 months.
6 mo left oh damn i didn't think it was that soon

I've lost so much motivation at work too... Especially now that the research project I have been helping a post doc with for the past year and a half might be completely scrapped due to experimental controls that were not properly addressed before I started working in the lab :oops: The only thing that was keeping me going (aside from the nice paycheck I get every two weeks) was the possibility of getting a publication, and now that that seems to be kaput, meh...

Also, I'm now really tired of being a patient unit volunteer as well. I only started this position in June (didn't even include it in my app), but man it's soooo boring! There's nothing to do because a lot of the patients in my shift are either eating dinner and don't want to be bothered (very understandable) or asleep, and the nurses are all cranky most of the time (for good reasons) so I just stay out of their way. Definitely not my favorite activity, but I've only done half of my committed hours so boo. I might try to switch to cafeteria duties though since I don't really need any more clinical volunteering hours. Serve some food to make people happy, and then get a free meal and bring leftover food home since they would just be thrown out anyway!

Reactions: 6 users
Can finally join this thread after THREE application cycles!! :rolleyes:

Heyyyyy Everyone!

Reactions: 26 users

Yeah I get you. Every time minor bull**** happens at my work now I seriously contemplate quitting

I've lost so much motivation at work too... Especially now that the research project I have been helping a post doc with for the past year and a half might be completely scrapped due to experimental controls that were not properly addressed before I started working in the lab :oops: The only thing that was keeping me going (aside from the nice paycheck I get every two weeks) was the possibility of getting a publication, and now that that seems to be kaput, meh...

Also, I'm now really tired of being a patient unit volunteer as well. I only started this position in June (didn't even include it in my app), but man it's soooo boring! There's nothing to do because a lot of the patients in my shift are either eating dinner and don't want to be bothered (very understandable) or asleep, and the nurses are all cranky most of the time (for good reasons) so I just stay out of their way. Definitely not my favorite activity, but I've only done half of my committed hours so boo. I might try to switch to cafeteria duties though since I don't really need any more clinical volunteering hours. Serve some food to make people happy, and then get a free meal and bring leftover food home since they would just be thrown out anyway!

I feel exactly the same way. I remedy this by pulling out my phone and then looking at my sad excuse for a bank account balance.

Reactions: 3 users
Withdrew my app from my first acceptance today. Feels like saying goodbye to my first love.

Withdrew my app from my first acceptance today. Feels like saying goodbye to my first love.

Can I ask why you're withdrawing already? I plan on holding on to all of mine until I see the financial aid packages at least.

Can I ask why you're withdrawing already? I plan on holding on to all of mine until I see the financial aid packages at least.
It's a school I would not attend over my other acceptances, and there's a $500 tuition deposit due next week. Doesn't make sense to shell out that much money to hold on to the spot.

It's a school I would not attend over my other acceptances, and there's a $500 tuition deposit due next week. Doesn't make sense to shell out that much money to hold on to the spot.
Is this a DO school?

Is this GTown? What a monstrous deposit.