**Official Class of 2021 Thread** !

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
zyO2BJ.jpg
What TOS violations were occurring ?
Baratheon is a TOS violation.

He also got another MD II to his top choice!!
His saga will continue. I'm waiting for the story arc where he comes back here to report.

Return of the Bara.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Baratheon is a TOS violation.

He also got another MD II to his top choice!!
His saga will continue. I'm waiting for the story arc where he comes back here to report.
Return of the Bara.

Star wars- A new Baratheon

Star wars- Baratheon Strikes back

Star wars- Return of the Baratheon

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
73559052.jpg

Reactions: 7 users
Y'all got room for a No II'er here, I'm homeless

Reactions: 7 users
I'm strongly debating between backpacking in Europe and going around the US to different national parks (mainly Yellowstone, Yosemite, Grand Canyon, etc) and camping and/or even hiking the Appalachian Trail (as much as I can). I'm not sure how crazy the parks will be tourist wise in the summer though.
I've been camping the Appalachian as often as possible, just doing sections near me, I love it!

In terms of what else I'm doing pre-matriculation, I'm also thinking of taking a month or two to backpack around the west and see some national parks. Staying in America because of finances and because America is pretty awesome and I haven't seen a lot of it.

Just signed up for a 50m ultramarathon, way outside my comfort zone (3 powerlifting meets and lots of crossfit/weightlifting)

Reading a TON of history and philosophy before I have no time for it.

Reactions: 2 users
because America is pretty awesome.
Profile pic checks out.

Backpacking is something I hadn't considered doing but I really enjoy camping and hiking so it's pretty much right up my alley.

Reactions: 1 users
I've been camping the Appalachian as often as possible, just doing sections near me, I love it!

In terms of what else I'm doing pre-matriculation, I'm also thinking of taking a month or two to backpack around the west and see some national parks. Staying in America because of finances and because America is pretty awesome and I haven't seen a lot of it.

Just signed up for a 50m ultramarathon, way outside my comfort zone (3 powerlifting meets and lots of crossfit/weightlifting)

Reading a TON of history and philosophy before I have no time for it.

I've been reading a lot of non-fiction also - right now I'm reading No Ordinary Time by Doris Kearns Goodwin and it's so interesting!! Fascinating to learn about WW2 at the U.S level through the Roosevelts' lives.

Members don't see this ad :)
I've been reading a lot of non-fiction also - right now I'm reading No Ordinary Time by Doris Kearns Goodwin and it's so interesting!! Fascinating to learn about WW2 at the U.S level through the Roosevelts' lives.
I'll check it out!

Currently reading the Fall of Berlin about the Soviet invasion of Germany. Highly suggest it but it's not for the faint of heart.

So I'm rereading through the thread that must not be named. 10/10 would recommend.

Reactions: 5 users
So I'm rereading through the thread that must not be named. 10/10 would recommend.

It really was the best of times and worst of times.

Is it sad that I'm slightly paranoid of getting banned because of my association with said thread?

Too many of us are indirect "bara associates"(looking at you @libertyyne ) so I think we are in the clear.
My theory is that we are all BARA and we just live online in his imagination in some weird lost/westworld universe.

Reactions: 4 users
My theory is that we are all BARA and we just live online in his imagination in some weird lost/westworld universe.

Westworld is my favorite American TV show this year. Same level of good as Game of Thrones

Reactions: 2 users
Westworld is my favorite American TV show this year. Same level of good as Game of Thrones
I'm two episodes behind and its killing me. The last one I saw was when you found out about Bernard and I haven't had a chance to watch since

I also hated the previous threads title. Wtf was that?

Anywho, ZURC in this beeootch! We gonna be docs ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. I recently been surfing in Cali and going skiing in Utah next. Ski diving in January. I'm gonna live life to tge fullest. I'm broke af but I guess ima max out my cards, hell I'll make it back for sure now :D

Inspired by another thread -

Didn't the deposit to our* seats feel a bit anticlimactic? Here we spent thousands of dollars, months of time in applications, months preparing for the MCAT, and even decades preparing our education and experiences. All of this for a $100 refundable deposit?

acb.jpg

*I'm not accepted, but hoping the confidence ju ju + meme-rafice gets me an II.

Inspired by another thread -

Didn't the deposit to our* seats feel a bit anticlimactic? Here we spent thousands of dollars, months of time in applications, months preparing for the MCAT, and even decades preparing our education and experiences. All of this for a $100 refundable deposit?

acb.jpg

*I'm not accepted, but hoping the confidence ju ju + meme-rafice gets me an II.
My schools didnt even ask for one. Except for the damn DO school i applied to . I like how you placed an *, dont worry you should hear some good news!

My schools didnt even ask for one. Except for the damn DO school i applied to . I like how you placed an *, dont worry you should hear some good news!

"shut up and take my... well okay then"

It feels good to be part of this group, especially as reapplicant.

Reactions: 6 users
I am extremely fortunate to have received an acceptance, and am happy for you all as well! :)

Recently, I received another II. Although I have not visited this school, it does not seem as good of a fit for me personally (in terms of class size, location, and mission), but I suppose it is hard to be 100% sure from just a website.

Would you recommend attending other interviews, or is it not worth going if I do not feel that I would actually attend? (I know this topic has been discussed multiple times, but I am still unsure!)

I am extremely fortunate to have received an acceptance, and am happy for you all as well! :)

Recently, I received another II. Although I have not visited this school, it does not seem as good of a fit for me personally (in terms of class size, location, and mission), but I suppose it is hard to be 100% sure from just a website.

Would you recommend attending other interviews, or is it not worth going if I do not feel that I would actually attend? (I know this topic has been discussed multiple times, but I am still unsure!)
Do you like money ?

Reactions: 1 users

In the same boat right now. Recently got a II from Cooper, but I can't imagine living in Camden or going to a school thats very primary care focused.

If you wouldn't even go to the school that offered you an interview if they gave you a full ride, in lieu of your accepted school offering no financial aid - then don't attend the interview.

This is the extreme example of the thought experiment but it is still a meaningful thing to think about.

If I were in your shoes, and your time and finances allow, I'd attend the interview. You never know if something about the school, class or location clicks with you that you didn't expect.

If you wouldn't even go to the school that offered you an interview if they gave you a full ride, in lieu of your accepted school offering no financial aid - then don't attend the interview.

This is the extreme example of the thought experiment but it is still a meaningful thing to think about.

If I were in your shoes, and your time and finances allow, I'd attend the interview. You never know if something about the school, class or location clicks with you that you didn't expect.
Schools are not in the business of giving out free rides. 100% scholarships are reserved for a select few, stellar students with multiple acceptances (at top tier schools) and for the MD/Phd track.

Last edited:

So weird, I've been really into WW1 history lately. Reading a history by Keegan.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Do you like money ?

I guess I don't know how the scholarship process works... Could you elaborate? I definitely would not qualify for financial assistance, and, unfortunately, I don't think my stats are high enough to be offered money anywhere (Lizzy M <70). While receiving aid would be awesome, I feel like there's almost a 0% chance for me? Any insight about this would be appreciated!

One of my friends spoke to the two schools he was offered acceptances to last year and was subsequently offered a scholarship because they really wanted him to attend. Is this an usual case? Do students sometimes call schools to determine if scholarship money is a possibility?

Schools are not in the business of getting out free rides. 100% scholarships are reserved for a select few, stellar students with multiple acceptances and for the MD/Phd track.

Although that is true, it's just a concrete way to help make your decision. It's lack of plausibility pretty much highlights the notion that it's a good idea to attend an interview, even with an acceptance in hand. So long as it's within reason for the applicant, the risk/reward ratio is very low. The only risk is the cost of attendance, and the reward can be learning you love the school, securing another acceptance, and even getting a better financial aid package.

Although that is true, it's just a concrete way to help make your decision. It's lack of plausibility pretty much highlights the notion that it's a good idea to attend an interview, even with an acceptance in hand. So long as it's within reason for the applicant, the risk/reward ratio is very low. The only risk is the cost of attendance, and the reward can be learning you love the school, securing another acceptance, and even getting a better financial aid package.
I agree with you. I just wanted to mention that 100% scholarships aren't just handed out. It's more of a carrot on a stick that is used to bait the superstars. Money might seem like an important factor right now, but it should not matter in the grand scheme of things (unless you attend a 80k/year school and go into FM). With most specialities, you will be able to pay off your loans within the first ten years if a lavish lifestyle is avoided.

I agree with you. I just wanted to mention that 100% scholarships aren't just handed out. It's more of a carrot on a stick that is used to bait the superstars. Money might seem like an important factor right now, but it should not matter in the grand scheme of things (unless you attend a 80k/year school and go into FM). With most specialities, you will be able to pay off your loans within the first ten years if a lavish lifestyle is avoided.
I think its hard to justify the money does not matter in the long run argument. Especially for non-trads who have less years of total work left at the end and people with massivve loans from previous degrees.

Warning: Not a safe space

Admitted students be like
giphy.gif
I was wondering why I was spontaneously doing that when I got home from work everyday...

Checking in here! What's the other thread, what was its "poor naming," and what happened? Bunch of references I'm missing.
It was just named something obnoxious like "OFFICIAL CLASS OF 2021 THREAD!!!!111!!!ONE!

Marginally funny, but overall not a thread I would be caught dead posting in at work.