**Official Class of 2021 Thread** !

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I was worried it might get banged up. It's not the parts that are big but the frame is quite pick. My friend told me it was a good frame for the price and it was but it's a bit too big.
Did you just call a case a frame ?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
ay. I recently built a gaming PC. its glorious.

specs

i7 6700k
16 gb ram
gtx 1080
That must've cost a pretty penny between the CPU and GPU alone o_O

Reactions: 1 user
I'm also trying to brush up on my languages with Duolingo. I was close to fluent in German when I was younger, so I'm trying to refresh that. I've also started learning Esperanto (I know, I know, I should learn Spanish, but the idea of a universal language is so dreamy)...if anyone here has learned it, it'd love to start practicing my conversation skills!

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm also trying to brush up on my languages with Duolingo. I was close to fluent in German when I was younger, so I'm trying to refresh that. I've also started learning Esperanto (I know, I know, I should learn Spanish, but the idea of a universal language is so dreamy)...if anyone here has learned it, it'd love to start practicing my conversation skills!
Isn't Esperanto as dry and enjoyable to use as Fortran?

never heard of that!! i googled...v interesting

Isn't Esperanto as dry and enjoyable to use as Fortran?
I've been liking how logical it is...none of the weird grammatical anomalies that happen in normal language evolution! But hey--I'm not that far in yet!

I've been liking how logical it is...none of the weird grammatical anomalies that happen in normal language evolution! But hey--I'm not that far in yet!
I guess my question is , why? Why would someone learn a language that no one uses? I know people learn Klingon and such for star trek cred, but I don't know what street cred would be granted by learning Esperanto.

Sounds like everyone is going to Europe. I'm using my vacation to spend a few weeks in my country in South America and a few weeks in my SO's home country in Central America.

If I start school in June we have to go in April. Otherwise June if I choose somewhere else.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Sounds like everyone is going to Europe. I'm using my vacation to spend a few weeks in my country in South America and a few weeks in my SO's home country in Central America.

If I start school in June we have to go in April. Otherwise June if I choose somewhere else.

I didn't know some schools started that early. You only have 3 months left !!

I guess my question is , why? Why would someone learn a language that no one uses? I know people learn Klingon and such for star trek cred, but I don't know what street cred would be granted by learning Esperanto.
There have been some studies shown that learning it can help you learn other languages...mostly I was just curious and needed something to break up the German lessons :)

Edit: also LOL on the street cred! I wish I had street cred.

Reactions: 4 users
It might seem super logical because English is Germanic in the first place.

Members don't see this ad :)
:bang:That's what I get for skimming
I reread everything three times. Do some jumping jacks so I don't hate myself. Then reread the thread from page 1. Is that not normal?

Reactions: 3 users
IMG_2273.JPG

Im thinking about East or SE Asia rather than Europe. For some reason, I don't feel mystified by Europe because I learned so much of it in history class compared to Asia

Im thinking about East or SE Asia rather than Europe. For some reason, I don't feel mystified by Europe because I learned so much of it in history class compared to Asia
Plus SE Asia is soooo cheap. You can easily only spend $20-30/day! I highly recommend!

Sent from my SM-N900T using SDN mobile

Reactions: 2 users

Same here. So many countries I want to visit in Asia and the Middle East. Never felt a pull to Europe.

Where are you thinking of heading?

Same here. So many countries I want to visit in Asia and the Middle East. Never felt a pull to Europe.

Where are you thinking of heading?

2 of these countries. China, Japan, Thailand, Vietnam, Cambodia, Mongolia.

I'm leaning towards avoiding China because of Trump doing something and me being stranded lol

Everyone is talking about their international travel.. I'd rather just go to the gulf coast for a month..

I'm leaning towards avoiding China because of Trump doing something and me being stranded lol

Nice! I would love to go to any of those, especially Vietnam and Thailand. My SO has been to some of the above as well as Singapore, Malaysia, and Philippines. He says you can't go wrong. And as someone mentioned above, def the benefit of it being cheap.

It's crazy that we have to think about these things before embarking on travel now. I'm a permanent resident, so I'm especially worried because I don't have any real rights if there was a policy change.

Edit: grammar

Last edited:
Plus SE Asia is soooo cheap. You can easily only spend $20-30/day! I highly recommend!

Sent from my SM-N900T using SDN mobile

A friend's brother left for Thailand with $2000 and figured out his way all over the place over the course of a year. Living off the initial 2k and working odd jobs to make money as he went. Very frugal living of course, but sounds like it was a great experience.

Yeah! Hit up Vietnam Cambodia Thailand Laos and you should be set! Then instead of flying straight back to the US, stop by South Korea or Japan for an extra 3/4 days.

Im trying decide if imma go to Asia or Europe too! I'm in the east coast tho so a 2 week trip to SE Asia (my mom still lives there and we have a house too so room/board is taken care of) and a 1 week U.K. vacation would end up costing around the same. Leaning towards the UK tho just for the shorter flight and the shorter trip in general.

But that travel ban talk is def making me nervous to leave... I've got a green card and I am not a citizen of the 7 banned countries, but Trump's already mentioned how my motherland has got lots of terrorists sooo meh. Maybe I'll just go to Vermont and Maine for a little bit...

I'm supposed to be headed to Australia this friday to start my first year in medical school but broke up with the boyfriend I was moving for. Although I got in here, figured I might as well still visit since it is all paid for anyway. I may have overestimated my ability to move on quickly because as it turns out being in the same country as said ex doesn't sound remotely as appealing so I shall stick to north america and netflix :D
you are going to medical school in Australia?

Yeah! Hit up Vietnam Cambodia Thailand Laos and you should be set! Then instead of flying straight back to the US, stop by South Korea or Japan for an extra 3/4 days.

Im trying decide if imma go to Asia or Europe too! I'm in the east coast tho so a 2 week trip to SE Asia (my mom still lives there and we have a house too so room/board is taken care of) and a 1 week U.K. vacation would end up costing around the same. Leaning towards the UK tho just for the shorter flight and the shorter trip in general.

But that travel ban talk is def making me nervous to leave... I've got a green card and I am not a citizen of the 7 banned countries, but Trump's already mentioned how my motherland has got lots of terrorists sooo meh. Maybe I'll just go to Vermont and Maine for a little bit...

Hit up music festivals. Coachella, Bonnaroo, Rolling Loud. Plus great excuse to roadtrip and see places you normally wouldn't see

don't know if anyone here is a fan of Radiohead, but I just got floor tickets to one of their concerts. So hyped

No, I'm staying here in NA but I was supposed to. Already applied, got in and bought my ticket before the break up hammer struck. Oh well.

Silver lining: happened now, before you were half way around the world for someone else that was no longer a factor.

Hit up music festivals. Coachella, Bonnaroo, Rolling Loud. Plus great excuse to roadtrip and see places you normally wouldn't see
Already got that one covered! Boston Calling Music Festival in May. Probably the best line-up I've seen in a long while. Maybe if I don't go on that long trip, I'll splurge on some VIP passes instead haha

I didn't know some schools started that early. You only have 3 months left !!

So I hadn't really thought much about this at all. But since you said this it's been ringing in my ear and I've been freaking out a little about getting all my ish together lol

So after pointing out to the people at labcorp that I needed quantitative Hep B and pointing to the exact lab that I needed in the order set of all of them, they still ordered me the qualitative one. I'm kinda worried because my school said all of our immunization stuff is due by June, and I've heard it's not uncommon for Hep B to be low which takes forever to get. Why is it so difficult to obtain quantitative labs haha
Because they like to order the quantitative as a reflex test

So after pointing out to the people at labcorp that I needed quantitative Hep B and pointing to the exact lab that I needed in the order set of all of them, they still ordered me the qualitative one. I'm kinda worried because my school said all of our immunization stuff is due by June, and I've heard it's not uncommon for Hep B to be low which takes forever to get. Why is it so difficult to obtain quantitative labs haha
did your school already send you the stuff you need and the deadline?? none of the schools i've been accepted to have...?

I just got immunization stuff from my school last week, but I also confirmed my enrollment and paid an enrollment fee since I'm definitely matriculating at said school. I haven't seen others posting about it in my school specific thread and most said they weren't paying the enrollment fee yet til closer to the deadline (May 1 or whatever). Hope this helps! I definitely wouldn't stress over not getting it yet because the deadline is like orientation.
...is enrollment fee different than the $100 deposit? i feel lost:eek:

did your school already send you the stuff you need and the deadline?? none of the schools i've been accepted to have...?
My school sent the immunization packet with our acceptance but it's just a generic form that I'm pretty sure you can find on the AAMC website

Happy Women in Science day everyone!

Reactions: 9 users
I only have a DO acceptance so far, but I want to join this thread anyway because the memes are great and I'll still be a Doc come 2021...waiting on 3 MD interview "results" still, the wait is really starting to be a drag.

Also, I made myself read this whole thread first. Not that you care, but I did. Great memes. Congrats to all who have been accepted!
literally same exact situation haha

My school sent the immunization packet with our acceptance but it's just a generic form that I'm pretty sure you can find on the AAMC website
oh ok, thank you! my school accepted me via email and did not send a packet in the mail...I'm sure each school does it differently

My school didn't have a seat deposit- the enrollment fee isn't required until May 1 and I think they use it to judge how many people will matriculate. Every school is different- probably just different names for the same thing.
ok cool :) thank you!

No worries! I feel you on being super paranoid about this process! I keep feeling like there has to be something I'm missing.
haha right?? and i'll read posts on various threads and be like "omg they're overthinking it, being paranoid...calm down!" in my head. But i'm totally doing it right now and will continue to have moments of panic until I start! lol

Same hereeeee. I think because when I was applying and interviewing, there were a million things to get done/write/review/prepare etc, that now that I don't have that nervous energy my brain has to fuel it into something else like worrying my acceptance will get rescinded bc of something totally random.
ME TOO. ahhhh someone that gets it. feels nice to know i'm not cookoo (or at least that i'm not the only cookoo one ;) )