Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
my favorite part: "I am a real MEDICAL DOCTOR ( MD) Board Certified at the American Board Of Dermatology"More than "Jewish Dermatologist," the lack of basic editing on this page makes me cringe
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
my favorite part: "I am a real MEDICAL DOCTOR ( MD) Board Certified at the American Board Of Dermatology"More than "Jewish Dermatologist," the lack of basic editing on this page makes me cringe
1. heme/onc
2. ID (though it's poorly reimbursed)
Med/Peds... only way to goI know we haven't even started yet. However, as it stands right now, what field of medicine do y'all see yourselves entering?
Med/Peds... only way to go
I'm thinking heme/onc. Cancer biology is fascinating to me and I would like to be in a more academic setting. I'm fully expecting that to change though.I know we haven't even started yet. However, as it stands right now, what field of medicine do y'all see yourselves entering?
Also thinking OBGYN - Heyyyy! Or Family Med.Currently aiming for OB/GYN...but I could see myself in emergency? I thought I might like derm, but shadowing one in LA taught me that 24/7 botox is not for me 😉
Coincidentally enough, I sat next to an OB on a plane ride back from an interview. My favorite part was when she told me "I hope nobody needs a doctor on this flight, because unless they're going into labor I'm pretty much useless" 🤣Also thinking OBGYN - Heyyyy! Or Family Med.
I'll wait until after board scores to decide if I want to do anything fancy 🙄😛
That's the way to do it! Have you heard back from Tulane? I remember seeing you post on that threadAlso thinking OBGYN - Heyyyy! Or Family Med.
I'll wait until after board scores to decide if I want to do anything fancy 🙄😛
Yesss - OB Squad!That's the way to do it! Have you heard back from Tulane? I remember seeing you post on that thread
Best of luck!Yesss - OB Squad!
& No, I haven't 🙁 Still waiting on post-I decisions from every school except 2. I loved loved loved Tulane! But I will probably have to wait until after the new year.
I know we haven't even started yet. However, as it stands right now, what field of medicine do y'all see yourselves entering?
Lol going to med school to put tits on dudesPlastic surgery, with major interests in transgender breast surgery and oncoplastic breast surgery.
Thats Really Specific. I have a theory of why people say people change their mind about residencies in medical school. It is not that they change their mind, it is that their board scores usually dont match what they initially wanted to do. Good Luck, plastics is difficult to get into.Plastic surgery, with major interests in transgender breast surgery and oncoplastic breast surgery.
No one's asking you to preform these procedures--there's no reason to be crass.Lol going to med school to put tits on dudes
My plan varies very slightly:My plan: Get step 1 score -> go into highest paying field in range of score
I'm in the same boat as well.I'm thinking heme/onc. Cancer biology is fascinating to me and I would like to be in a more academic setting. I'm fully expecting that to change though.
I know we haven't even started yet. However, as it stands right now, what field of medicine do y'all see yourselves entering?
Hey all! Joining this thread now 🙂 feels great!
I want to do surgery, not sure which specialty yet, possibly general or vascular![]()
IR is so cool, definitely something I'll consider if I do well on step 1My step scores and performance in med school will determine my specialty. DR or IR seems the most interesting for me. I like technology and toys, those folks seem to have the coolest stuff.
It's my top choice from all I've seen of the field.IR is so cool, definitely something I'll consider if I do well on step 1
Stop it you guys I called dibs !It's my top choice from all I've seen of the field.
It's not like any of the spots in the field are going to free up anytime soon.Stop it you guys I called dibs !
I swear IR's are as stubborn as Supreme Court justices; they won't retire until they're physically unable to do it anymore.Apparently it is difficult getting a job in IR. They should really decrease the residency spots but PDs don't care.It's not like any of the spots in the field are going to free up anytime soon.I swear IR's are as stubborn as Supreme Court justices; they won't retire until they're physically unable to do it anymore.
Interesting I haven't heard this. My brother is going into IR and applying for fellowships soon. He absolutely loves it.Apparently it is difficult getting a job in IR. They should really decrease the residency spots but PDs don't care.
Go poke around in the rads board. Rad once and iR are having similar issues. I would love to be wrong, I mean at least if you can't practice or you can still fall back on DR, I am unsure if that will be the case with separate residencies for Dr and IR.Interesting I haven't heard this. My brother is going into IR and applying for fellowships soon. He absolutely loves it.
Go poke around in the rads board. Rad once and iR are having similar issues. I would love to be wrong, I mean at least if you can't practice or you can still fall back on DR, I am unsure if that will be the case with separate residencies for Dr and IR.
The system hears ya but the system don't care. Just like colleges don't care and aren't held responsible for graduating people with degrees in worthless subjects residencies don't care and there is no real oversight.Hmm. I'll check it out and also ask him about it. So crazy how you can go through all this and not find a job. Blows my mind.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
hahah why thank you😆thats an awesome profile pic
lol no thank God my family is not like that! that would piss me off to no return.Ladies here who hope to go into competitive specialities, do you already have your family guilting you about marriage and kids - who will take care of your kids?
Like dude, give me a break. I don't even know what school I am attending yet.
Once in a while and I'm like.. I'm not making a career decision for a family and marriage that I don't have yet. I'll deal with it when it comes!Ladies here who hope to go into competitive specialities, do you already have your family guilting you about marriage and kids - who will take care of your kids?
Like dude, give me a break. I don't even know what school I am attending yet.
exactly! i don't even have a guy that wants to date me rn LOLOnce in a while and I'm like.. I'm not making a career decision for a family and marriage that I don't have yet. I'll deal with it when it comes!
haha yeah girl, this discussion could be its own thread! so much to say on the topic honestly"but you have to plan ahead so you know what to do in that situation" no I really don't
preach. like if my plans and goals change (which right now totally i hope include marriage and kids but who ever knows) how would i live with myself knowing i didn't do what i really wanted to? I'm assuming a healthy supportive husband will help me make it work."but you have to plan ahead so you know what to do in that situation" no I really don't
My ex boyfriend's mom was VERY obnoxious about me wanting to go into medicine at all....once she found out I was considering medical school she just happened to tell me all these anecdotes of women she knew who wanted to go into medicine/dentistry but decided that being a full time stay at home mom was more important......hmmmLadies here who hope to go into competitive specialities, do you already have your family guilting you about marriage and kids - who will take care of your kids?
Like dude, give me a break. I don't even know what school I am attending yet.
Don't mind me as I struggle to contain my silent rage at work...My ex boyfriend's mom was VERY obnoxious about me wanting to go into medicine at all....once she found out I was considering medical school she just happened to tell me all these anecdotes of women she knew who wanted to go into medicine/dentistry but decided that being a full time stay at home mom was more important......hmmm
YUCK.My ex boyfriend's mom was VERY obnoxious about me wanting to go into medicine at all....once she found out I was considering medical school she just happened to tell me all these anecdotes of women she knew who wanted to go into medicine/dentistry but decided that being a full time stay at home mom was more important......hmmm
My ex boyfriend's mom was VERY obnoxious about me wanting to go into medicine at all....once she found out I was considering medical school she just happened to tell me all these anecdotes of women she knew who wanted to go into medicine/dentistry but decided that being a full time stay at home mom was more important......hmmm
I want that soo badly.Lol, I think I just found the perfect Christmas gift for most people on this thread 😉
Our mission is to provide students with free, unbiased information, resources, and advising for careers in the health professions. We believe every student deserves access to trustworthy guidance, regardless of background or ability to pay.