*~*~* Official Class of 2022 Thread!! *~*~*

Started by Lawpy
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
You can't rush financial aid or scholarship money. Each school has their own process.

Is this MD or DO? For MD - you have until April 30th to withdraw from any institution, so you can say yes now and back out later.


It’s MD. And I plan to accept it, because I really do want to go there, the more I think about it. The only thing that might stop me would be one of my state schools offering an even better scholarship.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Have you decided where to go? I have a hard time getting excited since I don’t even know where I’m going yet!
Not yet...Im deciding between 2 (hopefully 3 if I get accepted to another one) schools that I love equally. tbh money will probably make my decision for me between the 3
 
I have a hard time getting excited since I don’t even know where I’m going yet!
Same here. Waiting on a decision from a school any day now, and then I have two late-cycle interviews this week--still no idea where I'll end up.
 
Hi everyone! I know this thread has been pretty quiet, but I was wondering if y'all would be interested in making a closed Facebook group! 🙂

Way back when I thought I was going to apply to medical school (lol), I joined one of these groups and it seems like it's been a great place to share resources, tips, and general gripes about medical school over the years. It would also be nice to support each other in personal matters as well, because we all know the kind of stuff that goes down in med school. I'm sure every school will have a Facebook group of their own, but I think it would also be nice to connect with others who are at other schools to get a breath of fresh air. Let me know what you think!
 
Hi everyone! I know this thread has been pretty quiet, but I was wondering if y'all would be interested in making a closed Facebook group! 🙂

Way back when I thought I was going to apply to medical school (lol), I joined one of these groups and it seems like it's been a great place to share resources, tips, and general gripes about medical school over the years. It would also be nice to support each other in personal matters as well, because we all know the kind of stuff that goes down in med school. I'm sure every school will have a Facebook group of their own, but I think it would also be nice to connect with others who are at other schools to get a breath of fresh air. Let me know what you think!

What a great idea! I’m personally quite nervous about moving so far from friends and family for school only to be thrown into such a challenging environment. It would be great to have more support. Unfortunately I don’t have a Facebook. But I think for those that do, it would be a great idea! Anybody who wants support/to chat outside of that, feel free to pm me! We’ve made it this far...wahoo!
 
Just chiming in! Finally getting an acceptance call after 4 wait lists was a completely surreal feeling.

Good luck everyone, we made it!! I don't know any of you, but I'm so proud of you all :claps:

HEY YOU! I AM PROUD OF YOU TOO!

I received my first acceptance (to my top choice at that:prof:) after being put on hold by 2 schools and waitlisted by another, so I know your pain in regards to the WL game!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Getting excited for class to start, but nervous as F**k about whether I will be able to keep up with the volumes of material flowing out of the metaphorical broken dam of pre-clinicals!!

giphy.gif
 
Getting excited for class to start, but nervous as F**k about whether I will be able to keep up with the volumes of material flowing out of the metaphorical broken dam of pre-clinicals!!

giphy.gif
A friend of mine who just started residency reassured me with this: You're not the first person to go to medical school and you won't be the last.

Basically, you'll get through it just as everyone gets through it. It'll be hard as hell, but you'll do it.

Edit: word
 
Last edited:
+2 lol Ive been deciding between 2 schools for almost 4 months now, finally committed to one yesterday! Started looking for housing, then proceeded to have unexpected self-doubt about if Ill be able to cut it in med school. Glad I'm not the only one who's nervous!
What school did you decide on/what was the other school?
 
How’s everyone doing in terms of finding housing and/or roommates? My school starts pretty early, and it seems like a lot of bigger apartment complexes are already full due to new residents also moving in 😱
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
How’s everyone doing in terms of finding housing and/or roommates? My school starts pretty early, and it seems like a lot of bigger apartment complexes are already full due to new residents also moving in 😱
Dang, thats rough!

I signed a lease the day I made my decision. Prime location 5 mins walking from class and to the gym. I hope its as good as it seems on paper!
 
Dang, thats rough!

I signed a lease the day I made my decision. Prime location 5 mins walking from class and to the gym. I hope its as good as it seems on paper!

Wow, that sounds amazing! Unfortunately, all of the places within 10 min. walking distance are $1400+/mo, which my SO outright refuses to pay haha. Walking would be especially awesome during your third year, though 🙂
 
Wow, that sounds amazing! Unfortunately, all of the places within 10 min. walking distance are $1400+/mo, which my SO outright refuses to pay haha. Walking would be especially awesome during your third year, though 🙂
Oh man, that rent hurts just to look at! Thats crazy!
 
How’s everyone doing in terms of finding housing and/or roommates? My school starts pretty early, and it seems like a lot of bigger apartment complexes are already full due to new residents also moving in 😱

I haven't even started looking yet because I'm holding out for another few weeks on a couple waitlists 🙄 I'm nervous I won't be able to find roommates at that point though, and potentially not preferable housing...
 
Oh man. I dont know what I would do if I still had 2ish months left...I feel like I reached the end of my productivity about 2 weeks ago and have been totally checked out since then lol
Oh, I've definitely reached the end of my productivity.

My PI knows I'm going to medical school, so he's cutting me a bit of slack on being checked out.

I do feel a little bad about coming in to lab and doing the bare minimum to move my project forward, but I think it's preferable to me leaving now and the project not progressing and nobody being around to train whoever we hire to take over it.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad