*~*~* Official Class of 2022 Thread!! *~*~*

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
You can't rush financial aid or scholarship money. Each school has their own process.

Is this MD or DO? For MD - you have until April 30th to withdraw from any institution, so you can say yes now and back out later.

It’s MD. And I plan to accept it, because I really do want to go there, the more I think about it. The only thing that might stop me would be one of my state schools offering an even better scholarship.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
We made it boys (and girls and non gender binary folks)!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 9 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Literally counting down the days until we start! (not kidding, I have a countdown widget on my desktop) I'm SO excited!

Reactions: 4 users
Literally counting down the days until we start! (not kidding, I have a countdown widget on my desktop) I'm SO excited!
Have you decided where to go? I have a hard time getting excited since I don’t even know where I’m going yet!

Have you decided where to go? I have a hard time getting excited since I don’t even know where I’m going yet!
Not yet...Im deciding between 2 (hopefully 3 if I get accepted to another one) schools that I love equally. tbh money will probably make my decision for me between the 3

I have a hard time getting excited since I don’t even know where I’m going yet!
Same here. Waiting on a decision from a school any day now, and then I have two late-cycle interviews this week--still no idea where I'll end up.

easier when the decisions made for you cause you only have one acceptance lolol... it worked out tho cause I love the school :)

Reactions: 5 users
Why was this thread started 4 years ago :eek:

Either way, joining the club :D

Reactions: 3 users
Finally found this thread! I remember past years threads being active, but this one seems kinda dead. Regardless...

Feels good, ladies and gentlemen!

Reactions: 2 users
Hi everyone! I know this thread has been pretty quiet, but I was wondering if y'all would be interested in making a closed Facebook group! :)

Way back when I thought I was going to apply to medical school (lol), I joined one of these groups and it seems like it's been a great place to share resources, tips, and general gripes about medical school over the years. It would also be nice to support each other in personal matters as well, because we all know the kind of stuff that goes down in med school. I'm sure every school will have a Facebook group of their own, but I think it would also be nice to connect with others who are at other schools to get a breath of fresh air. Let me know what you think!

Just chiming in! Finally getting an acceptance call after 4 wait lists was a completely surreal feeling.

Good luck everyone, we made it!! I don't know any of you, but I'm so proud of you all :claps:

Reactions: 13 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi everyone! I know this thread has been pretty quiet, but I was wondering if y'all would be interested in making a closed Facebook group! :)

Way back when I thought I was going to apply to medical school (lol), I joined one of these groups and it seems like it's been a great place to share resources, tips, and general gripes about medical school over the years. It would also be nice to support each other in personal matters as well, because we all know the kind of stuff that goes down in med school. I'm sure every school will have a Facebook group of their own, but I think it would also be nice to connect with others who are at other schools to get a breath of fresh air. Let me know what you think!

What a great idea! I’m personally quite nervous about moving so far from friends and family for school only to be thrown into such a challenging environment. It would be great to have more support. Unfortunately I don’t have a Facebook. But I think for those that do, it would be a great idea! Anybody who wants support/to chat outside of that, feel free to pm me! We’ve made it this far...wahoo!

Just chiming in! Finally getting an acceptance call after 4 wait lists was a completely surreal feeling.

Good luck everyone, we made it!! I don't know any of you, but I'm so proud of you all :claps:

HEY YOU! I AM PROUD OF YOU TOO!

I received my first acceptance (to my top choice at that:prof:) after being put on hold by 2 schools and waitlisted by another, so I know your pain in regards to the WL game!

You guys are amazing & I'm super proud of you, & so lucky to be among you :) It's been quite the ride.

Reactions: 9 users
Getting excited for class to start, but nervous as F**k about whether I will be able to keep up with the volumes of material flowing out of the metaphorical broken dam of pre-clinicals!!

giphy.gif

Getting excited for class to start, but nervous as F**k about whether I will be able to keep up with the volumes of material flowing out of the metaphorical broken dam of pre-clinicals!!

giphy.gif
A friend of mine who just started residency reassured me with this: You're not the first person to go to medical school and you won't be the last.

Basically, you'll get through it just as everyone gets through it. It'll be hard as hell, but you'll do it.

Edit: word

Last edited:

giphy.gif
Same. Havent taken a class in ~2 years

Reactions: 1 users
Same. Havent taken a class in ~2 years
+2 lol Ive been deciding between 2 schools for almost 4 months now, finally committed to one yesterday! Started looking for housing, then proceeded to have unexpected self-doubt about if Ill be able to cut it in med school. Glad I'm not the only one who's nervous!

+2 lol Ive been deciding between 2 schools for almost 4 months now, finally committed to one yesterday! Started looking for housing, then proceeded to have unexpected self-doubt about if Ill be able to cut it in med school. Glad I'm not the only one who's nervous!
What school did you decide on/what was the other school?

What school did you decide on/what was the other school?

I was deciding between Iowa and Boston U, loved both. Weirdly, despite there vastly different locations, they had a bunch of things I had on my "must have" list in common. Ended up choosing Iowa because it is so much more affordable (and I'm a midwest gal at heart) :)

I can not believe that another app cycle is almost upon us. Last year at this time, I was anxiously studying to take the MCAT and freaking out about my app. Here's hoping the next 4 years go as quickly cuz it's gonna be a helluva ride!!!

Reactions: 12 users
Accepted off the waitlist at my top choice school (and I was a re-applicant, to boot!) SO WORTH THE WAIT!! I'm beyond excited :) Hello, class of 2022!!

Reactions: 19 users
Guys, let's not get beaten out by the Class of 2023! :eek:

How’s everyone doing in terms of finding housing and/or roommates? My school starts pretty early, and it seems like a lot of bigger apartment complexes are already full due to new residents also moving in :eek:

How’s everyone doing in terms of finding housing and/or roommates? My school starts pretty early, and it seems like a lot of bigger apartment complexes are already full due to new residents also moving in :eek:
Dang, thats rough!

I signed a lease the day I made my decision. Prime location 5 mins walking from class and to the gym. I hope its as good as it seems on paper!

Dang, thats rough!

I signed a lease the day I made my decision. Prime location 5 mins walking from class and to the gym. I hope its as good as it seems on paper!

Wow, that sounds amazing! Unfortunately, all of the places within 10 min. walking distance are $1400+/mo, which my SO outright refuses to pay haha. Walking would be especially awesome during your third year, though :)

Wow, that sounds amazing! Unfortunately, all of the places within 10 min. walking distance are $1400+/mo, which my SO outright refuses to pay haha. Walking would be especially awesome during your third year, though :)
Oh man, that rent hurts just to look at! Thats crazy!

Our ratio of apps to acceptances will be better than yours.

I’m totally joking btw

But will you enjoy the 3.8 average matriculant GPA and 514 average matriculant MCAT that is likely to be this next cycle? (If trends continue from last cycle)

I haven't even started looking yet because I'm holding out for another few weeks on a couple waitlists :rolleyes: I'm nervous I won't be able to find roommates at that point though, and potentially not preferable housing...

I haven't even started looking yet because I'm holding out for another few weeks on a couple waitlists :rolleyes: I'm nervous I won't be able to find roommates at that point though, and potentially not preferable housing...
+1 omg :confused:

It's such a weird situation to be in! I don't want to be in a situation where I sign a lease to an apartment (potentially with someone) and then I get accepted off of the waitlist at another school that I may attend, which just happened to a friend of mine... Good luck to us! Lol

Todays my last day of work, and next week Im moving out to my new state! So crazy :eek: Feels like time flew by!

Reactions: 8 users
I envy you. I'm working until July 20th.
Oh man. I dont know what I would do if I still had 2ish months left...I feel like I reached the end of my productivity about 2 weeks ago and have been totally checked out since then lol

Oh man. I dont know what I would do if I still had 2ish months left...I feel like I reached the end of my productivity about 2 weeks ago and have been totally checked out since then lol
Oh, I've definitely reached the end of my productivity.

My PI knows I'm going to medical school, so he's cutting me a bit of slack on being checked out.

I do feel a little bad about coming in to lab and doing the bare minimum to move my project forward, but I think it's preferable to me leaving now and the project not progressing and nobody being around to train whoever we hire to take over it.

Reactions: 3 users
WHAT THE HELL IS HAPPENING??

no one ever told me med school is hard. this is bs
Seriously tho. They say it’s “drinking from a fire hose”, they say it’s one of the most challenging things you’ll ever do, and yet they don’t come close to describing what it’s actually like. It’s. So. MUCH!

Seriously tho. They say it’s “drinking from a fire hose”, they say it’s one of the most challenging things you’ll ever do, and yet they don’t come close to describing what it’s actually like. It’s. So. MUCH!
I've heard "why didn't I listen to my parents and just do PA school?" like 5 times already

still beats being an applicant