*~*~* Official Class of 2022 Thread!! *~*~*

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'll (hopefully) be in c/o 2023 lmao. the long haul :p

Members don't see this ad.

Well the new semester will start for me tomorrow. I'm really excited this time around I will be focused and study my ass off. No regrets this semester.

How was everyone's holidays? Also does anyone start classes tomorrow as well?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys! I am planning to be in the Class 0f 2021 but I may be joining you guys if I decide to take a gap year! In any case, I am planning to start studying for the MCAT 2015 soon so we're in the same boat. :arghh:

Reactions: 1 user
Thought I would bump this thread and see how people's second term went?

@Albino Dino My spring semester went a lot better than I expected! It was probably my most challenging semester because I was taking quantum (while starting a new part time job and trying to research in a lab), but I also earned all A's for the first time since my freshman year! How was yours?

Over the summer I'm taking biochem and another lab intensive class, so it's a lot of writing. We've only been in class for a week and I have a midterm next week :eek:

SOOO excited! 6 more full semesters until med school. Time is flying by, I swear! :happy:

Most of us are taking Ochem this year i presume? Should be fun...

Most of us are taking Ochem this year i presume? Should be fun...

I really enjoyed organic chemistry... It's really a much different way of thinking than both chemistry and math! It was a lot of fun, although I got an A- both semesters :oops:

My advice for success would be to 1) do all of the practice questions (I'm always amazed at the number of students who don't complete the "homework"/suggested problems and then complain about the difficulty of the exam) and 2) when doing all of the practice questions, draw out all of the arrows and steps. I found that it's too easy to "memorize" what a reaction is supposed to do when you have the reactants and products, but doing so does yourself a disservice because you won't necessarily understand what's going on, there are way too many reactions to memorize everything properly, and you won't be able to figure out what's supposed to happen in more novel situations.

Hey all! I had graduated this year (2015) but I'm taking a few gap years to get everything in order so I'll be one of you guys if everything goes to plan!

Members don't see this ad :)
Bump, I just stumbled on this thread. Hey everyone just checking in, I am part of this class as well. I hope all your breaks are going well and good luck next semester!:)

hello! Excited to see this and join the group. I am starting a one year post bacc this summer after a career in human service/policy (child welfare and DV work). I'm excited to go on this journey; however, I am terribly nervous. No science background so next year should be interesting. Not looking forward to being an "older" student and having to figure out when to have kids during med school (I can't wait until attendinghood, clock is ticking...)

Anyway, I think it will be worth it! I hope to go hard for a year, MCATs June of 2017 and then relax during glide year. I have started with Psych/Soc section, simply because I don't think I'll have much time to prep for it with all the science classes I'll be taking in such a short time. I'm doing Khan videos and Princeton review. Hope to have a good set of notes and flash cards done by Aug. probably won't review them until closer to MCAT date.

hello! Excited to see this and join the group. I am starting a one year post bacc this summer after a career in human service/policy (child welfare and DV work). I'm excited to go on this journey; however, I am terribly nervous. No science background so next year should be interesting. Not looking forward to being an "older" student and having to figure out when to have kids during med school (I can't wait until attendinghood, clock is ticking...)

Anyway, I think it will be worth it! I hope to go hard for a year, MCATs June of 2017 and then relax during glide year. I have started with Psych/Soc section, simply because I don't think I'll have much time to prep for it with all the science classes I'll be taking in such a short time. I'm doing Khan videos and Princeton review. Hope to have a good set of notes and flash cards done by Aug. probably won't review them until closer to MCAT date.
Welcome!!:)
We are glad to have you, and I wish you the best of luck in your post bac!

Whats up everyone! How are finals going for you? I just finished my ochem II final it was brutal but I only needed an 83 to keep my A so hopefully that works out. Now I have to write two 10-15 page papers this week lol.

Whats up everyone! How are finals going for you? I just finished my ochem II final it was brutal but I only needed an 83 to keep my A so hopefully that works out. Now I have to write two 10-15 page papers this week lol.

Nice! I'm taking my ochem II 2 final this week! We're doing mostly spectrometry and its cake!

Nice! I'm taking my ochem II 2 final this week! We're doing mostly spectrometry and its cake!
Ours was a lot of mechanisms and synthesesis. With chemistry of the various functional groups.

Last edited:
So I realize this is super early (sorry mods, but just continuing the annual tradition) since trad applicants just graduated from high school and will be rising "freshmen" (or sophomores/upper levels taking few gap years). But this class thread is specifically unique to the 2015 MCAT takers.

2020 thread --> mostly old MCAT takers
2021 thread --> 50-50
2022 thread --> mostly 2015 MCAT takers

So basically, this thread will be populated with 2015 MCAT stress (way too early, but I anticipate that's the case), and thus, specifically distinct from the other class threads in its unique ways.

Anyways, I'll stop talking and best wishes to the 2022ers (though I figure this thread will be active few years but might as well start early)

(Mods, please forgive this)
God 2022 sounds oddly futuristic for some reason, like we are going to see cyborg doctors dispensing antibiotics from their arm cannons.

What up Lawper:cool: just registered to take the April MCAT so it's getting real really quick :prof:

As of now, I'm proceeding to apply in June 2017, which is SO scary!!!! Time is flying by so fast. I'm taking the April 22nd MCAT.

How is everybody's semester (if you're still in school) going?

As of now, I'm proceeding to apply in June 2017, which is SO scary!!!! Time is flying by so fast. I'm taking the April 22nd MCAT.

It's been an interesting semester haha. After coming back from my summer internship I think I was experiencing burnout because I could hardly motivate myself to get anything done, and I was waiting until the last minute to study :confused:.

Luckily the only downside was getting one A- in an accelerated half semester class and in my other sciences I've done well enough to be sitting at the border between and A- and an A and now that we are in the second half of the semester I have renewed vigor.

How about you?:)

Will be applying next cycle! Joining the club

Exactly a year from now we could quite possibly be accepted already :) Exciting! My dream school doesn't release any acceptances until mid-Jan so that's going to suck.

Reactions: 2 users
Exactly a year from now we could quite possibly be accepted already :) Exciting! My dream school doesn't release any acceptances until mid-Jan so that's going to suck.
I think some of the schools I'm applying to are like that! This may be super unique but I think all the schools I'm applying to are my dream school lol

Reactions: 1 users

We just had our first exams in many of my classes and it was a little rocky for me but I know what to do/will be using my resources so I can shoot for all As. My hardest will end up a B if I do well from here on out!

It's been an interesting semester haha. After coming back from my summer internship I think I was experiencing burnout because I could hardly motivate myself to get anything done, and I was waiting until the last minute to study :confused:.

Luckily the only downside was getting one A- in an accelerated half semester class and in my other sciences I've done well enough to be sitting at the border between and A- and an A and now that we are in the second half of the semester I have renewed vigor.

How about you?:)

I had a bit of a rough start myself. I was feeling super burned out and unmotivated, but after doing pretty well in four exams over six days (this sucked. I was like a zombie), I feel a little bit better. I've just been juggling more than usual (e.g. I started an independent project in lab and started volunteering six hours a week on top of my already crazy schedule).

Seeing some of my older friends get accepted has really kicked me into gear, though. I feel so much joy for them and hope that I can get in next year as well.

We just had our first exams in many of my classes and it was a little rocky for me but I know what to do/will be using my resources so I can shoot for all As. My hardest will end up a B if I do well from here on out!

You can do it! One of my classes had a bit of a rocky start too, so I know the feeling. Luckily my professor took pity on us and scaled because damn we had a low average, lol.

Last edited:
I'm super excited to apply next cycle! So far I've been pouring over forums obsessing about getting into my dream school. On another note, I am relieved to finally possibly graduate in an even year.

Sent from my iPad using SDN mobile

After working so hard for the past years in college, getting ready to apply is so weird! Of course, I guess part of me doesn't want to have to apply this year (I applied for a fellowship to do research abroad) but I will be ready anyway. :p

Thanksgiving week bump!

a67823f08d850134f586005056a9545d

and...

aaccd8f0e233012e2fb000163e41dd5b

So this thread was started in 2014. The class of 2023 thread was started in 2015 and immediately locked by mods. What gives? #jelly

what class of 2023 thread?

there is also another class of 2022 thread (started later after this one) in nontrad forums with more replies than this one. my goal is to make this thread much more popular than that one (ideally 10x the replies)

what class of 2023 thread?

there is also another class of 2022 thread (started later after this one) in nontrad forums with more replies than this one. my goal is to make this thread much more popular than that one (ideally 10x the replies)

There was a class of 2023 thread started in 2015 (the year after this one started). Its first post was asking how class of 2023-ers were doing. Its second post was a mod locking it for being started too early. :confused:

Currently studying for the MCAT (taking it Jan. 28) and I keep oscillating between "This is horrible" and "This is so interesting". I also simulataneously feel prepared and extremely unprepared for the exam. I've decided that I am taking it no matter what in January (I was supposed to take it last year, but canceled last minute) so I don't have to keep worrying about this one exam. :rage:

Currently studying for the MCAT (taking it Jan. 28) and I keep oscillating between "This is horrible" and "This is so interesting". I also simulataneously feel prepared and extremely unprepared for the exam. I've decided that I am taking it no matter what in January (I was supposed to take it last year, but canceled last minute) so I don't have to keep worrying about this one exam. :rage:

I'm in the same boat!! I also bought BR books because I heard they were hard but also helped to develop the critical thinking skills necessary for the exam.

But going through the books is making me feel like a ******* and questioning the validity of my GPA :/ lmao

I am taking the exam in May so hopefully I get everything figured out

I'm currently planning on taking the MCAT in April, but we'll see how I feel around March. But after some thinking I think I'm going to be applying for the class of 2023 now instead of 2022. But you guys are still cool :rolleyes:

I'm currently planning on taking the MCAT in April, but we'll see how I feel around March. But after some thinking I think I'm going to be applying for the class of 2023 now instead of 2022. But you guys are still cool :rolleyes:
lol honestly I might be joining you! If the MCAT doesn't go well may consider taking a gap decade lmao. Even if it does go well I might still contemplate taking a gap year

Reactions: 1 users
lol honestly I might be joining you! If the MCAT doesn't go well may consider taking a gap decade lmao. Even if it does go well I might still contemplate taking a gap year

Yeah, I'm largely doing it for my own sanity. I'm not even a senior yet and I'm already a ball of stress! The extra time for research and volunteering is an added plus.

What scores are you guys aiming for?

Feel free to just give me the whole "you should always just do as well as you can" schpeal

What scores are you guys aiming for?

Feel free to just give me the whole "you should always just do as well as you can" schpeal

Haha, my usual answer is pretty schpealy to most people. But if I'm being honest, I'd like to score high enough to realistically be competitive at the top 20s (Ideally above a 515). I have the GPA to be competitive, but I need to continue to walk the walk on the MCAT. Whether I'll be able to pull that off is unknown at the moment. I will officially begin studying after Christmas, so hopefully that goes well. But really my goal is just to have to take it once. My undergrad doesn't have a ton of students go to the top 20s, but I'd like to have a shot. But it's also not the end of the world if I can't pull it off. I'd be happy at a lot of places.

I don't usually tell that to people in my real life though, because I feel like I already give off too much of an intense vibe when I talk med school. Don't need to scare people even more, lol. SDN has taught me too much :laugh: