Official: Countdown until October 15th, 2006 Thread!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I also interviwed on 9/13, but when I called to check my status they said that they hadn't discussed my application yet and that I should call back next week. My heart was POUNDING when she put me on hold, probably only for one minute, but it felt like ten. All that rush of adrenalin and for nothing. Guess I will call on Monday of next week. Phooey.

Members don't see this ad.

I interviewed with EVMS on around the 21st of September. Is there anyone who interviewed around that time who has called and gotten an answer? I don't want to call way too early and just be a nuisance...

I also interviwed on 9/13, but when I called to check my status they said that they hadn't discussed my application yet and that I should call back next week. My heart was POUNDING when she put me on hold, probably only for one minute, but it felt like ten. All that rush of adrenalin and for nothing. Guess I will call on Monday of next week. Phooey.

Damn, all this talk about calling EVMS is getting me excited about the 15th.
:scared:
even though I have yet to receive an interview invite

Members don't see this ad :)
Damn, all this talk about calling EVMS is getting me excited about the 15th.
:scared:
even though I have yet to receive an interview invite

Yeah, I hear ya! But it's tough thinking that the 15th/16th could come and go without me hearing anything. Places I've interviewed have basically told me 6-8 weeks for a decision which is either around mid-Oct or much later... Must know now! This is like waiting for MCATs, but 10x worse!

Yeah, I hear ya! But it's tough thinking that the 15th/16th could come and go without me hearing anything.

Yeah seriously - I'm really curious about my status at GW - but they said 6-8wks which is October 24th-Nov 7th for me. During which I'll be out of town. Hopefully they send email decisions but I kind of doubt it.

Actually I'm just hoping they'll send some out on the 15th :(

I interviewed with EVMS on around the 21st of September. Is there anyone who interviewed around that time who has called and gotten an answer? I don't want to call way too early and just be a nuisance...

They told our group three weeks. I think it's better not to call too early. You don't want them to get so sick of our obsessive early inquiries that they decide to stop allowing us to call in all together.

They told our group three weeks. I think it's better not to call too early. You don't want them to get so sick of our obsessive early inquiries that they decide to stop allowing us to call in all together.

How many people do they accept this early? I heard that there are sometimes 15-20 people interviewing on a given day. How many of those would get accepted for such a small class? I imagine not to many?
:confused:

AHH CONGRATS JOAN! and im sooo sorry to hear about the waitlist Haemulon.. but u know what, they said that WL is NOT a bad thing so i wouldn't worry..

damn i'm definitely callin tomorrow even tho i interviewed on the 22nd.

Woah, good luck to all those EVMS callers! :luck:

I have to stick to the 15/16 date for my schools but this is great for y'all EVMS peeps. Get those phones dialing and we will all communally cross our fingers.

I interviewed on the 15th, and I'm calling as soon as I get to work tomorrow morning!

Best of luck to you!

And to all of you non-EVMS'ers: don't worry, Oct 15th is less than 2 weeks away now! Whoo hoo! (Even though I don't have any acceptance news left to wait for in the near future, I can live vicariously through you all.) :D

ugh.. waitlisted.... man.. last year i was 4 for 4 on waitlists.. Four interviews, four waitlists... it seems like this year is starting off the same way.....

ugh.. waitlisted.... man.. last year i was 4 for 4 on waitlists.. Four interviews, four waitlists... it seems like this year is starting off the same way.....

im sorry to hear that man.. may i ask when u interviewd tho?

Members don't see this ad :)
I feel your pain. I'm in the same boat. Good news is that 20% of the interviews for this cycle have already been completed by them. Only about 400 left to go before waitlist movement. ;)

Hopefully October 15th will be better and i'll get in either at NJMS or VCU. If i get waitlisted at both those skills, i must hold some kind of record.

god im sorrry to hear about all these WL's.. i reall don't wanna call now.. only ONE acceptance and 4-5 WL's so far? and no rejections either..

Hey, don't jinx us about there being no rejections. lol I am guessing there is only a small number of people that are getting acceptance from them at this point (if they spread out the acceptances across the application process). Bummer part is that it may be that once on the wait list, we are stuck there for quite a while until it starts to move.

for all the interviewers from 9/22 and on, looks like no decision has been made yet.. (yea i just calledi couldn't take it anymore!)

yea my heart was pounding way too fast to be healthy a minute ago

The pinnacle of my undergraduate work is in less than two weeks. I am nervous.

Well, I guess I get another chance Thursday PM/Friday AM with Kentucky. I hope I don't get another waitlist or hold. Please just let me in...Please.

The countdown continues. :scared:

I just relized that the 15th is not only a Sunday it's a Jewish holiday that I observe and the 16th is the day I go to Yale. Both schools I am waiting on notify aceptances by phone... and I might not be able to pick up! Egad, I hope they leave a message.

so i guess i'll post. i'm not counting down to the 15th for any sort of medical school thing. for georgetown we were told we would be contacted a little before turkey day. i am really counting down to the 15th because that is THE FIRST OFFICIAL DAY OF BASKETBALL PRACTICE!!!! ahhhhhhh....man i am not ready for that. okay, you can all continue to discuss the real reason for the countdown.

so i guess i'll post. i'm not counting down to the 15th for any sort of medical school thing. for georgetown we were told we would be contacted a little before turkey day. i am really counting down to the 15th because that is THE FIRST OFFICIAL DAY OF BASKETBALL PRACTICE!!!! ahhhhhhh....man i am not ready for that. okay, you can all continue to discuss the real reason for the countdown.

:laugh: Thats awesome. I think i'd rather wait for basketball practice then the beginning of life-altering decision season. Good luck to you for b-ball though. I am spending today building a bar-top for my game room, so hopefully I won't think of either b-ball or admissions too much.

Between the rejection dreams and the overall am-I-gonna-get-in? stress, I'm becoming downright ornery. I pity the people around me... it's gonna be a loooong two weeks. :( :oops:

I just interviewed at EVMS last Friday, the 29th, and I am dying to hear something. I am so impatient. Congrats to those who got it, I really liked the school!

My interviewer told me to keep in touch with him, so I sent him an email just telling him that I liked the school, thanks for the interview, and I asked him when the committee would be meeting, ....and this is what he wrote back:

"My hope is that we can get a decision on your application soon. The committee meets every month. If and when I know something I will let you know. Often those people with outstanding applications just get letters and do not come to committee, so you may know before I do.

Best, and stay in touch."

What exactly does that mean?

The schools that I'm waiting to hear from won't let me know anything until at least October 16th. I know for sure that Ohio State's status page will show my decision that day. UVa will be snail mailing a decision around then, so I'm expecting that on the 17th or 18th.

But Penn State and Pitt just say in the MSAR that the 16th is their first day. Anyone know if they're definitely giving out acceptances this day? And if so, snail mail or email?

Yeah anyone know about Penn State?

How about Wake?

Ugh, I am very bad at waiting

Yeah anyone know about Penn State?

How about Wake?

Ugh, I am very bad at waiting

i thought about emailing penn state but i dont want to be annoying...

if you are waitlisted this early, does that automatically mean you are high up on the list? i interviewed at one school in late sept. and this is my first time...just wondering what i should think if my snail mail letter says that. really hope its a yes though, i loved the school and i could only apply to two b/c of my husband's job.

good luck everybody :luck:

The schools that I'm waiting to hear from won't let me know anything until at least October 16th. I know for sure that Ohio State's status page will show my decision that day. UVa will be snail mailing a decision around then, so I'm expecting that on the 17th or 18th.

But Penn State and Pitt just say in the MSAR that the 16th is their first day. Anyone know if they're definitely giving out acceptances this day? And if so, snail mail or email?

Ugh... I KNOW. I'm so antsy about Pitt and PSU. I've checked last year's pages and it seems that with Pitt at least, people started to hear ~ the 24th. Then again, they also started to interview later last year, so, *crosses fingers and toes* maybe we'll have good news come the 16th.

I am so nervous, I hear from UVM on the 16th. I can't take this :scared:

Ugh... I KNOW. I'm so antsy about Pitt and PSU. I've checked last year's pages and it seems that with Pitt at least, people started to hear ~ the 24th. Then again, they also started to interview later last year, so, *crosses fingers and toes* maybe we'll have good news come the 16th.
well i finally emailed pitt and penn state so i'll let you know what i hear.

I just interviewed at EVMS last Friday, the 29th, and I am dying to hear something. I am so impatient. Congrats to those who got it, I really liked the school!

My interviewer told me to keep in touch with him, so I sent him an email just telling him that I liked the school, thanks for the interview, and I asked him when the committee would be meeting, ....and this is what he wrote back:

"My hope is that we can get a decision on your application soon. The committee meets every month. If and when I know something I will let you know. Often those people with outstanding applications just get letters and do not come to committee, so you may know before I do.

Best, and stay in touch."

What exactly does that mean?

damn does that mean that since i called yesterday and they said that had no answer for me that i can't find out til next month??

well i finally emailed pitt and penn state so i'll let you know what i hear.

I'm dying to hear from Pitt as well, though I seem to remember at the interview they told us they would be sending us letters of notification on the 16th? I could be mistaken though.

I'm dying to hear from Pitt as well, though I seem to remember at the interview they told us they would be sending us letters of notification on the 16th? I could be mistaken though.

i dont think i was told anything at all at my interview haha. but who knows, it's so hard to keep all of the information that is thrown at you on interview days straight.

I do think they said they would get to us on the 16th, i mean, if my memory serves me correctly

I do think they said they would get to us on the 16th, i mean, if my memory serves me correctly

well hopefully they dont think im an idiot for emailing them to ask :D

well hopefully they dont think im an idiot for emailing them to ask :D

OK....I just called them. I talked to the girl in the admissions office and she said that we would hear approximately 8 weeks from our interview date. It's only been 3 for me! As soon as we go to committee they will have a decision and it will be mailed in a hard-copy letter. (Which means even more waiting...ugh).

At least Penn State is super nice and helpful. The girl asked for my name and even said she remembered me. I wonder if that is good or bad?

noooo 8 weeks is so long. why would the MSAR and website give october 15/16 if it's 8 weeks? that puts decisions in like november :( maybe that's just the standard response that is given. ahhh i'll be so upset if i dont find anything out, especially since i was hoping to adjust my interview schedule after the 16th.

^^
I know, I almost died. But here is the thing. She said that as soon as we went to committe that they would be sending out a decision, be it accept, waitlist, reject. I figure we have already gone to committee or will be going shortly. They meet more than once every 2 months. Unless they sit on the decision for a long time and dont tell us, the times dont match up. Lets see what Erina gets back in her email.

I mean, I was seriously hoping to reschedule my line-up after I hear back from Pitt. It seems like last year interviews started in late September/October 4th-ish, with the first acceptances rolling out around the 24th.

Besides, it says on their website that they'll be conducting "maintenance" every Thursday.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO... I can't take another 4 weeks of this. :barf: (although I am losing weight due to the stress! :thumbup: :confused: )

OK....I just called them. I talked to the girl in the admissions office and she said that we would hear approximately 8 weeks from our interview date. It's only been 3 for me! As soon as we go to committee they will have a decision and it will be mailed in a hard-copy letter. (Which means even more waiting...ugh).

At least Penn State is super nice and helpful. The girl asked for my name and even said she remembered me. I wonder if that is good or bad?

Booswim542 did you call Pitt or Penn State? There seems to be some confusion.

called penn state...oops, sorry bout that