*Official CSU East Bay PHAP 2020-2021

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Thank You!
I am not located in the Bay, I did undergrad/am in SoCal, so I will be moving up there for the program.
You will be emailed directly from the phap-email address, not the portal. I know the feeling of anxiously checking the portal every day to see if they updated the admissions decision, so I hope this helps.
I'm in Socal too! I have family in the Bay so I'd be willing to move up there ( I also just love the vibe of the Bay area so that's a plus). I have emailed the program since they didn't get my transcripts even though all of my schools said they were received. I'm not too sure what's going on. Also. thank you for the info. Once I get my transcripts cleared up, I hope to be accepted. BTW, was there any interview done for you to be accepted, or was it purely based on your application?

Members don't see this ad.

Hi everyone! I just found out I got accepted to this program. Are any of you guys accepting your offer? I'm from socal and im still waiting on more offers from sfsu and CSULAs post bacc program. I wanted to see if I could get more insight of whether you thought this program truly helped you get into health professional schools?

Thanks! So excited to find out who else got in!

I'm in Socal too! I have family in the Bay so I'd be willing to move up there ( I also just love the vibe of the Bay area so that's a plus). I have emailed the program since they didn't get my transcripts even though all of my schools said they were received. I'm not too sure what's going on. Also. thank you for the info. Once I get my transcripts cleared up, I hope to be accepted. BTW, was there any interview done for you to be accepted, or was it purely based on your application?
hi :) heh, there was no interview btw!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I just accepted my offer! I also applied for the academic enhancer track.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you! I applied in late March and got accepted this month, so it took about 6-8 weeks for them to review my application.

Have you received an update on your app?
I also Got accepted for the AET track as well! Will you be moving to the bay or are you already from there? Congrats I’m so excited!!!

I would suggest emailing the admissions office if you have not done so already. They misplaced my transcript, but were able to locate and upload it within 2 days once I provided my transcript confirmation email from my school.

Shockingly, I was accepted, and received the notice on May 5th, so if you are still waiting on your admissions decision, id say it will come any day now. My stats are far from good, as I barely have a 3.0, but did do clinical research and shadowing for 2 years each (from soph year onward), as well as student teaching and other smaller involvements.
hi, did you accept your offer? i emailed grad admissions and they said after accepting my offer - i can register for classes. have you done this already too?

Hello! I’m interested in the CSUEB PHAP program. I was wondering when does the application for Fall cohort usually open and when in August do classes actually start? Also, am I allowed to apply while still finishing up my senior year of undergrad in order to start the following fall after I graduate?

Last edited:
Hey everyone! I applied late April for CC track and just accepted their offer. I enrolled in their classes and got WL for one (they put up 12 spots and 5 WL spots??). They either need to put in more sections or really need to expand their class sizes. Anyone else on the CC track?

@
Hey everyone! I applied late April for CC track and just accepted their offer. I enrolled in their classes and got WL for one (they put up 12 spots and 5 WL spots??). They either need to put in more sections or really need to expand their class sizes. Anyone else on the CC track?
Hi, congrats on your acceptance! I'm still waiting to hear back from CSUEB. I applied as a career changer as well. How hard has it been overall for you to get your classes? Also, although I'm not a Blink, I appreciate your icon :)

@
Hi, congrats on your acceptance! I'm still waiting to hear back from CSUEB. I applied as a career changer as well. How hard has it been overall for you to get your classes? Also, although I'm not a Blink, I appreciate your icon :)
Thanks! CC track only has 2 - 3 sections MAX for lower div classes so far. Getting the schedule you want can be difficult unless they add in more spots or sections. Actually last I checked might even be impossible because of class schedule conflicts. Though I'm hopeful they will put in more spots but that's pending the current health situation/county health; I mean seriously only 12??

I'm sure you will hear back soon! I was surprised it took me only 1 month!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello! I’m interested in the CSUEB PHAP program. I was wondering when does the application for Fall cohort usually open and when in August do classes actually start? Also, am I allowed to apply while still finishing up my senior year of undergrad in order to start the following fall after I graduate?
PHAP lists the application dates here on their website. CSUEB classes typically start in mid-August. Their only admission requirement is a degree and min GPA >2.8. I think you would be able to apply. I would check in by emailing them.

Omg I haven't even registered for classes because i'm waiting on them to clear something so I can log into my account. I'm on the academic enhancer track! Congrats on your acceptance!

Also are you from the bay area already or will be making the move up there?

Thanks! CC track only has 2 - 3 sections MAX for lower div classes so far. Getting the schedule you want can be difficult unless they add in more spots or sections. Actually last I checked might even be impossible because of class schedule conflicts. Though I'm hopeful they will put in more spots but that's pending the current health situation/county health; I mean seriously only 12??

I'm sure you will hear back soon! I was surprised it took me only 1 month!
Yes, that's definitely concerning that they don't have that many openings. I think they need to add more given the situations happening right now. Perhaps if enough students complain, they'll open up additional courses

I recently moved back to the Bay Area so I'm already situated.

In regards to openings, I know they're trying to keep each section class sizes small with a max of 25. I'm semi-confident they'll increase the spots from 12 or add more. Otherwise I can't even finish lower div in 1 year...

Reactions: 1 users
I just got my official acceptance letter in the mail today! Does anyone know if theres a FB group for the incoming fall cohort?

Hi! I just got accepted into the PHAP program! I'm from Philadelphia and a pre-dental student. Does anyone have any more info on if this is a solid program for those who are predental and didnt have a great undergrad gpa?? in terms of success rate?

Hi! I just got accepted into the PHAP program! I'm from Philadelphia and a pre-dental student. Does anyone have any more info on if this is a solid program for those who are predental and didnt have a great undergrad gpa?? in terms of success rate?
Congrats! Are you doing the Academic Enhancer track? I am And Im pre dental. I’ve heard this program really does help. I know Two pre dental students who are now in dental school and my friends fiancé got into med school after doing this program!

Congrats! Are you doing the Academic Enhancer track? I am And Im pre dental. I’ve heard this program really does help. I know Two pre dental students who are now in dental school and my friends fiancé got into med school after doing this program!
Yes the academic enhancer! Did you apply to other places?

Yes the academic enhancer! Did you apply to other places?
I did! I got into geisinger Commonwealths mbs Program and I’m torn between which program to attend but it seems like the MBS program at commonwealth is mainly pre meds. I’ve spoken to my advisor for Csueb and Oscar was very helpful and guiding me in a way that he feels will really help me in the future. Did you apply anywhere else and are you from NorCal already

I did! I got into geisinger Commonwealths mbs Program and I’m torn between which program to attend but it seems like the MBS program at commonwealth is mainly pre meds. I’ve spoken to my advisor for Csueb and Oscar was very helpful and guiding me in a way that he feels will really help me in the future. Did you apply anywhere else and are you from NorCal already
I'm actually from Philadelphia! I also applied to lecom, nsu, and barry so waiting to hear back!

Did your advisor say anything about in person classes/reopening campus with the whole pandemic going on? I heard Bay Area is still easing and probably won't be phase 3 reopening until Jul. I also heard universities are gearing for 50 online/50 in person. I was wondering whether CSUEB is leaning towards online classes or in person upcoming Fall 2020.

Did your advisor say anything about in person classes/reopening campus with the whole pandemic going on? I heard Bay Area is still easing and probably won't be phase 3 reopening until Jul. I also heard universities are gearing for 50 online/50 in person. I was wondering whether CSUEB is leaning towards online classes or in person upcoming Fall 2020.
He ensured me that fall will be completely online and don’t plan to move til Jan for spring!! I hope This helps you guys out! Let me know if you have more questions!!

He ensured me that fall will be completely online and don’t plan to move til Jan for spring!! I hope This helps you guys out! Let me know if you have more questions!!
I got the announcement from Blackboard too. A few of my classes now show ONLINE but some still show in class.

I also emailed them asking about the spots and wait lists. They finally put me in so I'm no longer waitlisted lol.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

Thank You!
I am not located in the Bay, I did undergrad/am in SoCal, so I will be moving up there for the program.
You will be emailed directly from the phap-email address, not the portal. I know the feeling of anxiously checking the portal every day to see if they updated the admissions decision, so I hope this helps.

I just got accepted for the 2020 Fall Academic Enhancer cohort! I am a bit frustrated as a lot of the classes are full. I am currently on the waiting list for two classes. Have you registered for classes yet? I live in Socal too and I'm still debating on whether I should move to East Bay this Fall or wait until the spring semester since Fall classes will be online.

Last edited:
I got the announcement from Blackboard too. A few of my classes now show ONLINE but some still show in class.

I also emailed them asking about the spots and wait lists. They finally put me in so I'm no longer waitlisted lol.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk
Did you have to email the professors in order to get into those classes? I am currently on the waiting list for two classes.

Last edited:
I just got accepted for the 2020 Fall cohort! I am a bit frustrated as a lot of the classes are full. I am currently on the waiting list for two classes. Have you registered for classes yet? I live in Socal too and I'm still debating on whether I should move to East Bay this Fall or wait until the spring semester since Fall classes will be online.
Are you a career changer or academic enhancer?

I just got accepted for the 2020 Fall Academic Enhancer cohort! I am a bit frustrated as a lot of the classes are full. I am currently on the waiting list for two classes. Have you registered for classes yet? I live in Socal too and I'm still debating on whether I should move to East Bay this Fall or wait until the spring semester since Fall classes will be online.
I've spoke to my advisor and it's for sure that all classes will be online. This includes activites, lab, lecture, etc.

Also I was advised by my advisor to move in Jan. for spring semester!

Did you have to email the professors in order to get into those classes? I am currently on the waiting list for two classes.
I emailed an advisor several questions regarding Fall 2002 being in-person or online classes. Legit the day after I emailed, there was a Facebook + BlackBoard announcement that all classes will be online. So they never replied because it was answered. I also asked them about class sizes given social distancing, and will they be increasing spots or online. I checked my enrollment and I was added. I guess they move in silence?

I heard in Facebook group that the professors don't have the admin power to physically add you to the class if you're on a waitlist. You still play the game of showing up first day and hoping to see if you get added when someone drops. Updates are being made every week, so I'm not sure how that will play out in the upcoming semester.

Just got accepted to CSUEB PHAP!! So happy to meet all of you.

I am a career changer from southern California.

Reactions: 2 users
Finished in ‘19, if you guys have any questions feel free to shoot a PM!

I would contact them.I think the majority of applicants have found out if they got accepted or not.
I contacted them twice but they just tell me that they're not allowed to share any information on how the process is going and for me to just monitor my email for any updates. Thanks anyways!

I contacted them twice but they just tell me that they're not allowed to share any information on how the process is going and for me to just monitor my email for any updates. Thanks anyways!
Got it. I will say it took them over a month from my submission to hear anything back. I'd just wait on it though. Good luck!

Got it. I will say it took them over a month from my submission to hear anything back. I'd just wait on it though. Good luck!
Thank you! I just got accepted today! Anyone have any more information on what the next steps are? I just accepted via the CSU portal but they'll be sending me more information later. Really excited to meet everyone!

Thank you! I just got accepted today! Anyone have any more information on what the next steps are? I just accepted via the CSU portal but they'll be sending me more information later. Really excited to meet everyone!
They should send you a welcome packet or email you the welcome packet with instructions on how to register for class. Go ahead and login to your CSUnetID and register for classes. Also, join the PHAP FB group to stay updated!

Congrats! Are you on CC or AE track?

They should send you a welcome packet or email you the welcome packet with instructions on how to register for class. Go ahead and login to your CSUnetID and register for classes. Also, join the PHAP FB group to stay updated!
Agreed.
1. Receive welcome package from CSUEB. If you don't get it, email PHAP for a pdf version of it.
2. Get CSUnetID and register for classes you need.
3. Get onto BlackBoard - check your ORGANIZATION section and see if you have been added to PHAP Group. This is ESSENTIAL as important announcements are made on there. Might need to email CSUEB or PHAP to be approved to be added in.
4. Figure out Financial Aid. The PHAP Group on BB has a section on how to apply for FA.
5. Join the PHAP FB group for more updates.

Those are some I can think of on top of my head. PM me for more details/help if you need.

Hi Everyone! I am currently unable to register for classes as I've been waiting for grad admissions to validate my transcripts from my alma mater. Classes are starting really soon and I'm starting to panic, is anyone else in my shoes? Does anyone have any advice on how I can speed up this process? And is there hope for me to get into any classes? I've been waiting 2-3 weeks now to no avail. I emailed grad admissions and PHAP last week and have been told there isn't much they can do until they receive my letter of completion which I initiated a couple of weeks ago. Thank you in advance for your help!

Hi Everyone! I am currently unable to register for classes as I've been waiting for grad admissions to validate my transcripts from my alma mater. Classes are starting really soon and I'm starting to panic, is anyone else in my shoes? Does anyone have any advice on how I can speed up this process? And is there hope for me to get into any classes? I've been waiting 2-3 weeks now to no avail. I emailed grad admissions and PHAP last week and have been told there isn't much they can do until they receive my letter of completion which I initiated a couple of weeks ago. Thank you in advance for your help!
Hey! Although I'm not going to CSUEB, I was in a similar position a month back. I ended up having to wait until my transcripts came in. It was extremely frustrating and stressful. I would contact the schools you had transcripts sent from to ensure they were sent

Have you checked in with your alma mater? I think waiting is the only thing you can do unfortunately.

There's still a week before classes start. Join the FB group page and see if you're able to get the meeting links to get into the 1st class, like as if you were waitlisted. That way you might at least have a chance for getting in.