Official Desi 2007 Where Are You Going Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I really thought this indian-pakistan disparity was only in previous generations. My best friend is pakistani, and we are both smart enough to understand that killing PEOPLE( i don't care if its indian, pakistani, blue, red) over some stupid land and pride is disgusting. As a new generation, we really need to get along, and try to erase the differences that exist (eventhough we really don't have many differences). I appreciate nazeeuh and sanah for supporting me and seeing where I come from. Now just screw this topic.....everyone who peeks into desi thread always just see this hatred, and that's not doing anything good.

Members don't see this ad.

Woohoooo a total of 50 replies on trash talking!! :laugh:

(sorry just trying to lighten the mood)

wow... just... wow. Are you saying that Indian Muslims are not as good as Pakistani Muslims? This is such a sad new low. And before trying to teach us about the Quaran, maybe you need to see how Islam teaches tolerance and respect to everyone, something you clearly do not have. Or take a look at Islamic history - the Prophet's (saw) own uncle (who was his biggest supporter) was an "idol-worshiper", remember that? And above all, you need to stop with the mud-slinging between religions - Islam doesn't have the best face in the media right now and it won't be difficult for this to turn into a religious debate. I'm curious though - if and when you become a dentist, will you be hanging a, "We have the right to deny service to Kafirs" sign on your office door?

I'm Pakistani and desi. Ohhhhhh, snap! :p

That's it for me on this topic.

Members don't see this ad :)
I really thought this indian-pakistan disparity was only in previous generations. My best friend is pakistani, and we are both smart enough to understand that killing PEOPLE( i don't care if its indian, pakistani, blue, red) over some stupid land and pride is disgusting. As a new generation, we really need to get along, and try to erase the differences that exist (eventhough we really don't have many differences). I appreciate nazeeuh and sanah for supporting me and seeing where I come from. Now just screw this topic.....everyone who peeks into desi thread always just see this hatred, and that's not doing anything good.

i agree with you completely and it's sad that one person was able to perpetuate so much hatred. I don't even know what to say to him, but I hope everyone realizes that those opinions are not at all representative of the what the majority of us believe.

so yea... where is everyone going? lol

I'm a Muslim too, and I've always been taught to respect other people's religion, there's really no reason to reduce someone else's beliefs to 'idol worshipping.' That's seriously uncalled for.

And saying Kashmir belongs to India isn't really helping the situation either.

I was kidding(hence the laughing face), and trying to make a point.

i agree with you completely and it's sad that one person was able to perpetuate so much hatred. I don't even know what to say to him, but I hope everyone realizes that those opinions are not at all representative of the what the majority of us believe.

so yea... where is everyone going? lol

YOU'RE GOING TO LALAMUSA.

haha thanks guys for making this thread ******ed.

ps. give me back my land. :eek:

jk i love pakis & indians!

I WANT TO GO TO FLORIDA.

Hi, what's happened to this thread?! It was never meant to be controversial! Just a way for us desis to know who was going where. So with that in mind, where are you guys going? I'm a first year, so if you guys have any questions, do feel free to write. I found this site to be quite helpful last year. I'd be happy to help if I can.

Hi, what's happened to this thread?! It was never meant to be controversial! Just a way for us desis to know who was going where. So with that in mind, where are you guys going? I'm a first year, so if you guys have any questions, do feel free to write. I found this site to be quite helpful last year. I'd be happy to help if I can.

I agree, there is no need for all of this. I would expect a little more maturity from people that are about to go onto graduate school. With that said, I have some questions:

Everyone talks about how hard dental school is....
Is it really that bad? I mean I know it all varies individually based on how well you pick up information, if you want to specialize, how well you study, etc. but still on average how much should we expect to study (in terms of hours/day and weekends)?

Any1 here going to any midwest schools??

Khodaa Fiz

Members don't see this ad :)
All I know is that indian girls are way hotter than.... well I won't say anything. Luckily I'm on my way to becoming a billionaire so I can afford to keep them happy.

who's the hottest indian girl on SDN?

All I know is that indian girls are way hotter than.... well I won't say anything. Luckily I'm on my way to becoming a billionaire so I can afford to keep them happy.

:(

:(

of course YOU'D think so..

Okay, prove me wrong; post a picture of yourself. Lets see what a typical guju goddess looks like.

Oh and don't forget the picture should be of you in a saree and your hair should be tied back with a blob of red paint on your forehead. Ah and your hands should be in the classic "namaste" position. :)

Up to the challenge?

Khan

Okay, prove me wrong; post a picture of yourself. Lets see what a typical guju goddess looks like.

Oh and don't forget the picture should be of you in a saree and your hair should be tied back with a blob of red paint on your forehead. Ah and your hands should be in the classic "namaste" position. :)

Up to the challenge?

Khan

Wow, way to stereotype. Why are you so goddamn defensive all the time? See that pedestal you're on? Yeah,that one. Climb down off of it before you hurt yourself.

PS: I will not axe-murder what little anonymity I have left after 5K posts, but I will beat you in a game of antakshari. Up to the challenge?

A

Wow, way to stereotype. Why are you so goddamn defensive all the time? See that pedestal you're on? Yeah,that one. Climb down off of it before you hurt yourself.

Oh i see how it works now; you expect me to take the kashmir jokes, not react over your encouragement of anetome of indian girls being hotter than Pakistani girls; and oh yea calling me a schmuck BUT when you get a little taste of your medicine, I'm the one whos on the pedestal???

Oh i see how it works now; you expect me to take the kashmir jokes, not react over your encouragement of anetome of indian girls being hotter than Pakistani girls; and oh yea calling me a schmuck BUT when you get a little taste of your medicine, I'm the one whos on the pedestal???

My response to your original comment of your neighbors being idol-worshippers was well deserved. Additionally, YOU were the one that incited the flame-war, not me. So yeah, get off your pedestal.

My response to your original comment of your neighbors being idol-worshippers was well deserved. Additionally, YOU were the one that incited the flame-war, not me. So yeah, get off your pedestal.

2 things:

Firstly, you're accusing me of being defensive when you and the rest were ready to take my head off over the idol worshipping comment.

And Secondly, I don't see why being called that is such a horrible thing; I mean from outside looking in, it seems like that is exactly what is being practiced, no? Maybe its ignorance on my part but from the outside I see humans creating a statue (or idol) and then worshipping it, hence the phrase "idol worshipers".

I don't think thats any reason to get offended.

2 things:

Firstly, you're accusing me of being defensive when you and the rest were ready to take my head off over the idol worshipping comment.

And Secondly, I don't see why being called that is such a horrible thing; I mean from outside looking in, it seems like that is exactly what is being practiced, no? Maybe its ignorance on my part but from the outside I see humans creating a statue (or idol) and then worshipping it, hence the phrase "idol worshipers".

I don't think thats any reason to get offended.

When you explain it out(literally) it doesnt sound as bad as when you used it in your original post, because there it sounded like you were using the term as an insult. If that is not what you meant, then you should be more cognizant of the way you phrase things while speaking/typing.

When you explain it out(literally) it doesnt sound as bad as when you used it in your original post, because there it sounded like you were using the term as an insult. If that is not what you meant, then you should be more cognizant of the way you phrase things while speaking/typing.

Finally, we make some progress.

Btw, I'm game for antakshri in pukhto/pashto. Don't really watch bollywood movies all that much.

Finally, we make some progress.

Btw, I'm game for antakshri in pukhto/pashto. Don't really watch bollywood movies all that much.

baite baite kya kare? karna hai kuch kaam, shuru karo antakshari lekar prabhu ka naam!

i dont know anything but bollywood..do you know any? old or new?

baite baite kya kare? karna hai kuch kaam, shuru karo antakshari lekar prabhu ka naam!

i dont know anything but bollywood..do you know any? old or new?

Well, I like the classic movies like "Anand" (with rajish khana) and "Akbar, Amar, Anthony" and "Junglee" (that Saira banu was a charmer in her day).

But lately bollywood has been following the west in terms of its themes and scenes. Too much skin, too much sexual conatation, and quite frankly a pathetic imitation of hollywood.

btw; i am a fan of Saifali Khan.

Well, I like the classic movies like "Anand" (with rajish khana) and "Akbar, Amar, Anthony" and "Junglee" (that Saira banu was a charmer in her day).

But lately bollywood has been following the west in terms of its themes and scenes. Too much skin, too much sexual conatation, and quite frankly a pathetic imitation of hollywood.

btw; i am a fan of Saifali Khan.

ehsaan tera hoga mujhpar
dil chahta hai woh kehne do
mujhe tumse mohabbat ho gayi hai
mujhe palkon ki chaaun main rehne do :)

ehsaan tera hoga mujhpar
dil chahta hai woh kehne do
mujhe tumse mohabbat ho gayi hai
mujhe palkon ki chaaun main rehne do :)

Bohat Khoob.

Theres also a song in there which goes "Pyar pe gussa karthay ho, tere gussa humko pyara hai......yaheen ada tau katil hai, isnay humko mara hai"

Solid song. Beautiful lyrics.

Thats the golden period of indian cinema.

Bohat Khoob.

Theres also a song in there which goes "Pyar pe gussa karthay ho, tere gussa humko pyara hai......yaheen ada tau katil hai, isnay humko mara hai"

Solid song. Beautiful lyrics.

Thats the golden period of indian cinema.

Yeah, some of the recent movies are crap. Although Guru was REALLY good. I liked Umrao Jaan only bc the original w/Rekha was my favorite movie growing up. Have you seen the original? I think its mostly in Urdu, at least her shayaris in there were.

Yeah, some of the recent movies are crap. Although Guru was REALLY good. I liked Umrao Jaan only bc the original w/Rekha was my favorite movie growing up. Have you seen the original? I think its mostly in Urdu, at least her shayaris in there were.

Nope, haven't seen that one.

I also like Dilip Kumar movies; the one with him and amitab bachan was good, shakti is the name of the movie.

Yusuf Khan (dilip kumar) is the pride of Peshawar!!!

anyway, i'm off to bed.

Allah hafiz;
g'nite.

Nope, haven't seen that one.

I also like Dilip Kumar movies; the one with him and amitab bachan was good, shakti is the name of the movie.

Yusuf Khan (dilip kumar) is the pride of Peshawar!!!

anyway, i'm off to bed.

Allah hafiz;
g'nite.

saira banu married dilip kumar,right? nite nite :)

of course baby.... and we both know that you're the hottest girl on SDN. you're expensive though. But I think I like that too.

did you just order a cashmere dress on my cc like 20 minutes ago?

you crack me up:laugh:

Whether we're politically different or not is irrelevant. Fact of the matter is we're a Muslim nation that follows Islam and our neighbors are idol worshipers.

And who cares about what was what 60 years ago??? Things change! 60 years ago America was a nation where women were restricted to being housewives and only men earned the living. Present day America is a different animal.

I am pakistani and I cant believe you would think this way let alone say it. Desi's means both Pakistan and India because not too long ago it was one country. Have you ever thought how much further both countries would be if they stop putting there efforts against each other. Its people like you that dont make the situation any better.

have you interviewed? Accepted? I didn't get in (todays headline news) :(

nope i'm a 2008er. are you from indy?

i'm sorry to hear that, but don't worry everything will work out inshallah :)

I am pakistani and I cant believe you would think this way let alone say it. Desi's means both Pakistan and India because not too long ago it was one country. Have you ever thought how much further both countries would be if they stop putting there efforts against each other. Its people like you that dont make the situation any better.

Its Pakistanis like you who should be stripped of their nationality and sent to India.

what up

Last edited:
Its Pakistanis like you who should be stripped of their nationality and sent to India.

So much hatred this joker has in him....let me ask you one thing, if you dont consider yourself desi why do you come to desi threads??? We dont need you here. Go make yourself a paki thread.

guys please dont respond to KHANSAHAAB
he is a lost soul, and for now a disgrace to Islam
cant believe the things he is saying on the forum

i might go to ny

Please clarify for me why is it that I'm a disgrace to Islam?

So much hatred this joker has in him....let me ask you one thing, if you dont consider yourself desi why do you come to desi threads??? We dont need you here. Go make yourself a paki thread.

I read every thread on here; so its not like i have a preference for the "desi" threads over others.

Its not about having hatred; its about acknowledging our separate identities.

I read every thread on here; so its not like i have a preference for the "desi" threads over others.

Its not about having hatred; its about acknowledging our separate identities.

I agree...you should have your own separate identity but make sure you dont create it by demeaning another religion or culture. That just cannot and will not be tolerated.

I agree...you should have your own separate identity but make sure you dont create it by demeaning another religion or culture. That just cannot and will not be tolerated.

I don't understand why you are replying it to him....his problem is that he hates india and all that stands for it. If you look back at his old posts, he says something insulting, and then 2 post later he appologizes, and then does it again. He basically hates every pakistani who would call themselves desis, because he is outthere to create his perfect "talibani' race. You should move back to pakistan, take up a jehad against India, and blow some people up on the train. Apparently, its hard for you to put political differences behind. Honestly, dentistry, or any other profession is about helping others without seeing their races and their skin color. But like sabrina said, you are gonna say "Indians or kafirs not welcome, only muslims allowed" Good luck with whatever you decide to....Keep up the hatred alive, unfortunately we do have ppl that think like you (ON BOTH SIDES HINDUS AND MUSLIMS). That's it for me.