You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
*** Official ECU Class of 2020 Thread ***
Started by tennisgirl888
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Glad to see this thread get started, good luck to everybody!
My app was mailed 6/25 and I received link for supplemental on 6/29. You have 10 days to complete.
Oh wow, that's a pretty quick turnaround. Have you started/finished your supplemental? If so, are the questions similar to last year's application questions? Just curious.
Where is everyone from?? Asheville here!
Fayetteville
Hey Noel2009,My app was mailed 6/25 and I received link for supplemental on 6/29. You have 10 days to complete.
You got an email from ECU Dental telling you to complete the supplemental, and that too in 10 days??
mhm... thats odd.. because i thought you do supplemental asap after aadsas app.
Please let me know. thanks!
A little lol, I submit my secondary today. I thought after reading the email about the secondary app they only accept in state :/. However I understand why though.
Hey everybody. I am an incoming D1 at ECU SoDM. I might not have all the answers but if anyone has any questions let me know!
Good luck applying!
Good luck applying!
Hey Noel2009,
You got an email from ECU Dental telling you to complete the supplemental, and that too in 10 days??
mhm... thats odd.. because i thought you do supplemental asap after aadsas app.
Please let me know. thanks!
I received this email 4 days after my AADSAS app was mailed.Hey Noel2009,
You got an email from ECU Dental telling you to complete the supplemental, and that too in 10 days??
mhm... thats odd.. because i thought you do supplemental asap after aadsas app.
Please let me know. thanks!
"We have received your AADSAS application, and it is being carefully reviewed in the Office of Student Affairs. The next step in the application process is for you to complete and submit the East Carolina University School of Dental Medicine (SoDM) Supplemental Application within 10 days of receiving this message. The fee for completing the Supplemental Application is $80 and is nonrefundable"
I have finished and submitted. Nothing has changed on their supplemental from last year to this year. 🙂Oh wow, that's a pretty quick turnaround. Have you started/finished your supplemental? If so, are the questions similar to last year's application questions? Just curious.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I received this email 4 days after my AADSAS app was mailed.
"We have received your AADSAS application, and it is being carefully reviewed in the Office of Student Affairs. The next step in the application process is for you to complete and submit the East Carolina University School of Dental Medicine (SoDM) Supplemental Application within 10 days of receiving this message. The fee for completing the Supplemental Application is $80 and is nonrefundable"
Oh i see. yeah turns out i just got the email from ECU this morning. thank you!
I received this email 4 days after my AADSAS app was mailed.
"We have received your AADSAS application, and it is being carefully reviewed in the Office of Student Affairs. The next step in the application process is for you to complete and submit the East Carolina University School of Dental Medicine (SoDM) Supplemental Application within 10 days of receiving this message. The fee for completing the Supplemental Application is $80 and is nonrefundable"
I submitted AADSAS on 06/18. Completed supplemental 07/05. I got the email as soon as I submitted the supplemental which was weird. I was looking for an email confirmation for the supplemental and instead I found that same email. But my status changed to "complete/under review".
I submitted AADSAS on 06/18. Completed supplemental 07/05. I got the email as soon as I submitted the supplemental which was weird. I was looking for an email confirmation for the supplemental and instead I found that same email. But my status changed to "complete/under review".
I also received the same email twice, must be some kind of glitch in their system!
So did you complete the supplemental after they received your AADSAS application? I'm still waiting for my GPA to be verified (hopefully this week) and didn't know if I should complete the supplemental now or wait until my AADSAS application is mailed out.I received this email 4 days after my AADSAS app was mailed.
"We have received your AADSAS application, and it is being carefully reviewed in the Office of Student Affairs. The next step in the application process is for you to complete and submit the East Carolina University School of Dental Medicine (SoDM) Supplemental Application within 10 days of receiving this message. The fee for completing the Supplemental Application is $80 and is nonrefundable"
So did you complete the supplemental after they received your AADSAS application? I'm still waiting for my GPA to be verified (hopefully this week) and didn't know if I should complete the supplemental now or wait until my AADSAS application is mailed out.
I completed the supplemental when I received the email from ECU with the link. I don't think you can get to the supplemental without their email.
Can you fax unofficial DAT scores to admissions? can you get an interview with unofficial scores?Hey everybody. I am an incoming D1 at ECU SoDM. I might not have all the answers but if anyone has any questions let me know!
Good luck applying!
Thanks!
I went with 32,000 as welHow much did you guys write for the supplemental essay questions? Max 32,000 characters!?!
I wasn't sure about this. Banner said 32,000 but the pdf said limit to 1000 characters. 1000 seems pretty short for an essay. Anyone know for sure?The email I received with instructions for the supplemental said to limit responses to 1,000 characters, so that's what I went with!
Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
I submitted my supplemental before I received the email instructions with the character limit, so I wrote well over the character limit on my PDF (which I think for me was 450 characters). But I emailed admissions, and he said not to worry about the character limit, though my guess is that the responses shouldn't be too far over; I don't think they want to read a 32000 character essay
My app was mailed 6/25 and I received the email with the link on 6/29.How long did it take yall to get the email with supplemental instructions after e-submitting? It's been a long time and I haven't gotten the link... I'm
Wondering if I can just go ahead and start the supp from the instructions on their website without their email.
Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
So, I'm a NC native applying, but I joined the Navy and moved out of the state. Lobbied pretty hard for in-state classification in my supplemental and now I'm seeing I was supposed to limit it to 1,000 characters. Pretty sure the response re: why I am attracted to ECU was in excess of 1,000 WORDS.
Whoops.
Whoops.
As long as you are still in the Navy and maintain NC as your home of record, they will classify you as in state. You are protected in that way. I'm a military spouse, NC native and only moved out of state for his orders. I was classified as in state.So, I'm a NC native applying, but I joined the Navy and moved out of the state. Lobbied pretty hard for in-state classification in my supplemental and now I'm seeing I was supposed to limit it to 1,000 characters. Pretty sure the response re: why I am attracted to ECU was in excess of 1,000 WORDS.
Whoops.
Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
NC is my home of record, but I changed my residency on my LES to FL and FL is on my AADSAS, and that's the one they tend to care about. Still hoping for the best.
EC, I am an in-state alum of UNCW and UNC and my daughter was born at UNC Hospital, delivered by UNC midwives and, seeing as FL has no income tax, I've never paid income taxes to any other state.
EC, I am an in-state alum of UNCW and UNC and my daughter was born at UNC Hospital, delivered by UNC midwives and, seeing as FL has no income tax, I've never paid income taxes to any other state.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey man, I would give them a call and see what they have to say...
Hello Applicants/Interviewees,
I am also a D1 here at the East Carolina School of Dental Medicine. I know the application process can seem daunting at times, but I promise it's worth it! Keep pushing to make yourself a better applicant and person, and you just might get that phone call on December 7th (If that's the chosen day this cycle).
Keep a positive attitude, listen to the faculty and staff here at ECU, and be yourself!
If you have any questions you are more than welcome to send me a message. Or, if you feel as though your question is relevant to everyone please feel free to post on this thread!
Good Luck everyone!
I am also a D1 here at the East Carolina School of Dental Medicine. I know the application process can seem daunting at times, but I promise it's worth it! Keep pushing to make yourself a better applicant and person, and you just might get that phone call on December 7th (If that's the chosen day this cycle).
Keep a positive attitude, listen to the faculty and staff here at ECU, and be yourself!
If you have any questions you are more than welcome to send me a message. Or, if you feel as though your question is relevant to everyone please feel free to post on this thread!
Good Luck everyone!
Interview invite 🙂
Hi Noel2009,Interview invite received today via email! 🙂
When was your application considered complete by AADSAS? Thank you!
Hi leejsung19,Interview invite 🙂
When was your application considered complete by AADSAS? Thank you!
Interview, woohooo!
Interview invite also! Is everyone calling tomorrow or waiting until August 25? I assume August 25 is the first Tuesday of interviews?
I E-submitted the application on 6/5, and my app was finished around 6/15~6/20.Hi leejsung19,
When was your application considered complete by AADSAS? Thank you!
I was assuming the first interview was August 25th, but it was written a little weird so I wasn't sure!Interview invite also! Is everyone calling tomorrow or waiting until August 25? I assume August 25 is the first Tuesday of interviews?
Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
Interview invite yesterday!
Got an interview invite as well 👍
I called today at 2:00 to schedule and they said not to call until August 25th! So that is not the first interview date haha
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Did anyone else think that e-mail was terribly worded??
I guess they got the message lol. Everyone got the clarification e-mail Im sure
Hey man, I would give them a call and see what they have to say...
I am being classified as an NC resident!! WOot woot!
Similar threads
- Replies
- 6
- Views
- 9K
- Replies
- 27
- Views
- 10K