*** Official ECU Class of 2020 Thread ***

Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Choose wisely.

  • Carolina Blue

    Votes: 37 90.2%
  • Duke Blue

    Votes: 4 9.8%

  • Total voters
    41
  • Poll closed .
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
After 51 attempts in 47 minutes ... interview scheduled! :claps:

So, who else is going on Sept 17th? I'll be the old bearded guy in a suit.

Also, to anyone who has done ECU's interview day before, what's it like? Just looking for a rough idea of scheduling, pace, how many applicants at each session, etc. I know there are three interviews in the morning between 8 am and 12 pm, then lunch, then a couple of presentations including the financial aid one in the afternoon. Can anyone fill in the gaps there?

Thanks, and looking forward to meeting any of you who are there!
 
For those who received invites to interview, what are the dates you scheduled them for? I'm just curious to see when they actually start.
 
After 51 attempts in 47 minutes ... interview scheduled! :claps:

So, who else is going on Sept 17th? I'll be the old bearded guy in a suit.

Also, to anyone who has done ECU's interview day before, what's it like? Just looking for a rough idea of scheduling, pace, how many applicants at each session, etc. I know there are three interviews in the morning between 8 am and 12 pm, then lunch, then a couple of presentations including the financial aid one in the afternoon. Can anyone fill in the gaps there?

Thanks, and looking forward to meeting any of you who are there!

I have interviewed previously. It's very slow paced and relaxed. Pretty much laid out exactly as you described. There are 8 students per interview day if it's the same as last year! Good luck!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
After 51 attempts in 47 minutes ... interview scheduled! :claps:

So, who else is going on Sept 17th? I'll be the old bearded guy in a suit.

Also, to anyone who has done ECU's interview day before, what's it like? Just looking for a rough idea of scheduling, pace, how many applicants at each session, etc. I know there are three interviews in the morning between 8 am and 12 pm, then lunch, then a couple of presentations including the financial aid one in the afternoon. Can anyone fill in the gaps there?

Thanks, and looking forward to meeting any of you who are there!
My interview is on Sept 17th as well! :nod:
 
I have interviewed previously. It's very slow paced and relaxed. Pretty much laid out exactly as you described. There are 8 students per interview day if it's the same as last year! Good luck!
Thanks for that. I'm guessing there's a fair amount of downtime between interviews then. Is it all faculty conducting the interviews? I know some places do a student interview as well.
 
Thanks for that. I'm guessing there's a fair amount of downtime between interviews then. Is it all faculty conducting the interviews? I know some places do a student interview as well.

You will have a student interview. It's pretty laid back and they are there to get you warmed up for the day. You will have two faculty and Dr. Wilson will be there to talk to you guys as a whole. A little bit of downtime so make sure you use it wisely and talk to your other group members.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Would you guys that have received interviews mind sharing your stats from admission. It would be much appreciated!
 
You will have a student interview. It's pretty laid back and they are there to get you warmed up for the day. You will have two faculty and Dr. Wilson will be there to talk to you guys as a whole. A little bit of downtime so make sure you use it wisely and talk to your other group members.

OK, thanks. Sounds like it will be a nice day!
 
I interviewed there last year I can try and answer... Can you explain what your question means though
Open file means the interviewer has access to all your stats and information. Closed file means they pretty much only know your name and nothing else about you (other than maybe where you went to school, but no statistics).
 
All interviewers besides the student will have access to your personal file. You won't usually see it lying in front of you as they have written notes about each candidate on a separate sheet.

Good luck!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
i got an invite to interview today (via email)!
do they have interview dates EVERY Tuesday and Thursday or just select ones?
I'm super excited 😀
 
How long did it take for your ECU app to show up in the system after your mail-out date, and for them to send an email re: the supplemental?
 
i got an invite to interview today (via email)!
do they have interview dates EVERY Tuesday and Thursday or just select ones?
I'm super excited 😀

It'll usually depend on exam schedules and other events. Most of the time that's the case. Good luck!
 
anyone on here care to share their stats? especially those that have received interviews from ECU already?
 
Does any know how many students have ECU interviewed so far? I submitted everything in July, never heard from it. worrying!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad