*** Official ECU Class of 2020 Thread ***

Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Choose wisely.

  • Carolina Blue

    Votes: 37 90.2%
  • Duke Blue

    Votes: 4 9.8%

  • Total voters
    41
  • Poll closed .
No interview invite yet invite despite some solid (not exceptional but solid) stats: 22AA 3.6 sGPA, 3.88 BCP, Navy veteran.

My guess is I'll get an interview invite post December because they want to see if I'm serious about ECU. With applicants with my numbers they probably get the old "well, I got into Carolina, sooooooo, um, yeah" a lot. However, I'm not in-state at UNC though (long story how I am in state at ECU and not at UNC).

Of course, I am dead freaking serious about ECU--other than UNC where I have virtually no chance, it's at the top of my list.

Why is that?
 
No interview invite yet invite despite some solid (not exceptional but solid) stats: 22AA 3.6 sGPA, 3.88 BCP, Navy veteran.

My guess is I'll get an interview invite post December because they want to see if I'm serious about ECU. With applicants with my numbers they probably get the old "well, I got into Carolina, sooooooo, um, yeah" a lot. However, I'm not in-state at UNC though (long story how I am in state at ECU and not at UNC).

Of course, I am dead freaking serious about ECU--other than UNC where I have virtually no chance, it's at the top of my list.

Obviously I don't know how much you have or haven't done in this regard, but ECU admissions really stresses volunteerism/service, and particularly dental volunteering in under-served areas. It's not an official requirement, but it seems to be effectively an unofficial one, that you work at least one NC MOM clinic (and more is better), and any other kind of local need-based clinic is good too.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
favor.jpg


Good luck, y'all! Hope to see you soon.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Email at 6:18 am & a call from Dr. DeWitt!!! Congrats everyone!!!
I got an email at 6:23 Am saying this " At this point in time, your application is currently under active review by the Admissions Committee, but a final decision has not yet been made." I wonder when they will make more acceptances...
 
I got an email at 6:23 Am saying this " At this point in time, your application is currently under active review by the Admissions Committee, but a final decision has not yet been made." I wonder when they will make more acceptances...

This is not bad news! They have not rejected you, many will reject their offers so stay positive, your chances are still great, I would call Dr. Lowery and see what he says… best of luck to you!
 
Congratulations to the newly accepted students! For you and anyone who has already interviewed: what would you recommend a male applicant wear to the interview? A suit & tie or a sportcoat & khakis/slacks, etc? Thanks!
 
First, congrats to all that got accepted! Second, did anyone get rejected or know someone who got rejected on the 1st? To me, it seems like everyone who did not get an acceptance is placed under "active review". If this is the case, does it mean that there is not a wait-list and that everyone is still on square 1, even if they got an interview? Any knowledge of this would be great!
 
Is ECU still interviewing? I have decent stats for that school and haven't had an interview or heard a thing. 🙁
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Haha, yes!
haha ok good, just making sure! Have you been getting interviews elsewhere? maybe they think your stats are TOO high and will be going to UNC?? and honestly.. they cant interview everyone or maybe your personal statement didn't appeal to them.. they really focus on community service and a commitment to serving NC.. who knows.. I've decided the process is 90% stats/interview and 10% of just completely random drawing straws or something...
 
I have an interview at UNC, but no, my stats definitely aren't too high. I looked and they interview 2/3 of the people who apply while UNC interviews less than 1/3. I've worked at a free dental ministry and worked NCMOM clinics. My personal statement was about that, but it was a semi-humorous story rather than a deep, empathetic one
 
I have a slight suspicion that they just wait longer to take action in the application process because they know that some of their most qualified candidates will choose UNC.