*** Official ECU Class of 2020 Thread ***

Choose wisely.

• Carolina Blue

Votes: 37 90.2%
  • Duke Blue

Votes: 4 9.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Class is roughly 48 spots filled (via facebook).

Members don't see this ad :)
Advice for those who haven't gotten in yet:

Welp,
as you can tell the class for 2020 has been selected. That's not to say that movement won't happen all the way up to August (this happened in our class, as a student was selected off of the waitlist a week before class started). Rejections and Waitlist notifications usually go out staring around now, so be on the lookout in your physical mail AND email.

What you should do:
1) Set up a meeting to meet with Mr. Lowery to discuss improvements for next years application cycle.
2) Figure out if you're going to apply next year. If you plan on doing a post-bac or masters it's my personal opinion that you SHOULD NOT apply for next years cycle. You won't receive any grades until next December. This means that academically you will be the same candidate two years in a row. I would focus on school, make some solid grades, and reapply for the 2020 class.
3) Talk to your friends and family about it. I get it, rejection is no fun. But, you should carry that burden alone. It will help with the disappointment, and you will have a group of people cheering you on for the next application cycle.
4) Volunteer as much as you can. Were a service school, and it will only benefit you to go out and work in our state.
5) Get off of SDN (at least this thread) until next cycle. You'll want to check it everyday, and that's not healthy.

I applied 3 times and the wait was worth every moment of stress, hard work, and loss of sleep the night before December 1st.

Good luck future Pirates!

How do you know this? Not sharpshooting you, just curious.

I've spoken to a few people at the school who are members of the admissions committee. I can assure you, selections have been made.
Either way, you will hear back soon about either a rejection or a waitlist spot.

Good Luck everyone!

Reactions: 1 user
Did anyone else receive a rejection or waitlist email?

Reactions: 1 user