** Official EK schedule/material users thread **

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

stoleyerscrubz

Registered User and Stuff
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Cozmosis started a thread like this for the 2005 April MCAT so I wanted to get another one started for the August 2005 MCAT. I do not want to use anymore more brain power so I will qoute him:

"Whether you're using the study schedule, just the books, or just the 1001 series, check in here. We can update each other on progress, and ask questions. I did my first practice MCAT today, and got a 24-25 depending on who you ask. I'm fairly satisfied.

Feel free to post anything here. Doesn't even have to be MCAT related"

link to April 2005 MCAT/EK study material thread
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=176215

Members don't see this ad.

stoleyerscrubz said:
Cozmosis started a thread like this for the 2005 April MCAT so I wanted to get another one started for the August 2005 MCAT. I do not want to use anymore more brain power so I will qoute him:

"Whether you're using the study schedule, just the books, or just the 1001 series, check in here. We can update each other on progress, and ask questions. I did my first practice MCAT today, and got a 24-25 depending on who you ask. I'm fairly satisfied.

Feel free to post anything here. Doesn't even have to be MCAT related"

link to April 2005 MCAT/EK study material thread
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=176215

i'm getting a little discouraged with the scores i've been getting on the latter of the 30-minute science tests. it's like they just pull some questions out of nowhere. i'm especially getting scared with all the math intensive questions. my facility with numbers is dreadful, to say the least. the earlier lectures, i did fairly well on, but they just get so tough. all i seem to be getting are 7's, 8s, and the occasional 9. i'm not reviewing my answers yet though, i think i'll do that after i finish reviewing the material, so that i can get this darn review out of the way. i'm thinking that from early july till a few days before the mcat, i'll do practice questions till my arms fall off.

perfectmoment said:
i'm getting a little discouraged with the scores i've been getting on the latter of the 30-minute science tests. it's like they just pull some questions out of nowhere. i'm especially getting scared with all the math intensive questions. my facility with numbers is dreadful, to say the least. the earlier lectures, i did fairly well on, but they just get so tough. all i seem to be getting are 7's, 8s, and the occasional 9. i'm not reviewing my answers yet though, i think i'll do that after i finish reviewing the material, so that i can get this darn review out of the way. i'm thinking that from early july till a few days before the mcat, i'll do practice questions till my arms fall off.

I try to review right away since it is easier to see what mistakes I made in my thought process.I have been putting off the 30min exams because I have a fear of getting low scores but I am down with basic review and need to start hitting those.

I was planning to take the April 2005 MCAT.
-3R diagnostic scored a 25
-Online TPR gave percentage scores which looked like a low 20's score
-5R (7PS 9V 7BS). At that point I freaked out even though I had 6 more weeks to study and decided on taking the August MCAT. There was a "should I take the August MCAT instead" thread that also helped psyched me out. Be careful what you read.

Iread all of the EK subject books once and then went through them a second time while doing all the end of chapter problems to see where I may have weaknesses.
-strong in bio and ochem
-physics needs a little work and I skipped the optics for now since I think EK's system is not so great.
-chemistry is just a BIG mess after the 3rd chapter (especially electrochemistry)

I am going to start the 30min exams this weekend after reviewing chemistry again, going through EK's 1001 problem in chemistry, and going through Zumdahl's Chem textbook.

Members don't see this ad :)
I am using EK and I really like the whole package. Also, I am using TPR in case I want a better or in depth understanding of the material. I a planning to take the mcat in april 2006 since it has been a while since I took the prereqs. :D

Hey Stoleyourscrubz,

I am having a hell of a time with electrochemistry. Not my favorite part. I plan on taking the AAMC V test this saturday. I have been using exclusively EK material so far. My 30 min exams are doing ok for sciences EXCEPT for Verbal reasoning. Its time to start cranking out verbal.

Lets keep working hard!!

perfectmoment said:
Don't freak out. I got almost exclusively 7s and 8s on Bio and Physics, and ONCE a 12 on a Chem one. Mostly 9s and 10s in Chem(I'm a chem major). I got 11s on both sections on the real deal. They are useful for showing your weakness, nothing more.

Godspeed my fellow EK brethren :)

Cozmosis said:
Don't freak out. I got almost exclusively 7s and 8s on Bio and Physics, and ONCE a 12 on a Chem one. Mostly 9s and 10s in Chem(I'm a chem major). I got 11s on both sections on the real deal. They are useful for showing your weakness, nothing more.

Godspeed my fellow EK brethren :)

Hi, Can anyone email me the EK study schedule at [email protected]. Please if you don't mind.

Thanks

Is anybody using the EK MCAT Audio Osmosis? If so, how do you like it? Does it really help you remember concepts better? I'm contemplating buying myself a set off of E-Bay, but don't know if it's worth it. I'm already using the EK review books, their online forum (www.examkrackersforum.com) and will be using their 1001 Problems books set soon.

Can I get your opinions on the Audio Osmosis? Thanks!

challie2385 said:
Is anybody using the EK MCAT Audio Osmosis? If so, how do you like it? Does it really help you remember concepts better? I'm contemplating buying myself a set off of E-Bay, but don't know if it's worth it. I'm already using the EK review books, their online forum (www.examkrackersforum.com) and will be using their 1001 Problems books set soon.

Can I get your opinions on the Audio Osmosis? Thanks!
How do you like to learn? If your an audible learner, I imagine the AO would be a great tool for you. Easy on ebay with them, a lot of people have been selling burnt CDRs of the AO.

Cozmosis said:
How do you like to learn? If your an audible learner, I imagine the AO would be a great tool for you. Easy on ebay with them, a lot of people have been selling burnt CDRs of the AO.

Thanks Cozmosis...yeah I think I will buy those CD's...at least if they don't help me I can sell them again on E-Bay ;)

What's really troubling me are the 30-minute In-Class Exams at the end of every book. Are they supposed to be a lot harder than the real thing? When I try doing TPR passages instead, I do a lot better. I don't want to give myself false hope or anything, but I don't like how these in-class exams are chipping away at my confidence either! :(

Those exams are supposed to be pretty tough. Use the AAMC exams to learn and to gauge your progress and the EK material only for learning.

challie2385 said:
What's really troubling me are the 30-minute In-Class Exams at the end of every book. Are they supposed to be a lot harder than the real thing? When I try doing TPR passages instead, I do a lot better. I don't want to give myself false hope or anything, but I don't like how these in-class exams are chipping away at my confidence either! :(

challie2385 said:
Thanks Cozmosis...yeah I think I will buy those CD's...at least if they don't help me I can sell them again on E-Bay ;)

As I previously posted, the in class exams are very challenging and will test your knowledge of every last iota of info (even if it isnt in the chapter, which happened once or twice if I recall). IMO, if you're getting 8s or something or better, you're in good shape.

yeah, those stupid 30 minute exams (and the ones after every topic) have quite a few questions that require knowledge not yet taught till later topics. sorta annoying.

Members don't see this ad :)
I just finished the EK Verbal book and now I am working my way through the other books (~10 hours a day right now). I listen to the Audio Osmosis on my ipod when I can't actually sit down and study (e.g. today I hit golf balls at the driving range while listening to Bio lecture 3 because I fizzed out on the reading). I have the EK home schedule, but I totally modified it to fit my own study habits. I was in a TPR class for the April test but I totally bailed two weeks before the test because I couldn't stand their teaching methods or materials (I hated skipping a passage on verbal). What a costly mistake, right? Anyhow, I'm back on track now. I took 3R the other day to get a comparison score and got a P 10, V 8, B 10. I was pleased even though I really couldn't concentrate through the verbal. I really like EKs verbal method though, it is very short and straightforward (9, 10, ? Lecture exam scores). Highly recommended. My favorite part is not having to mark up the passages and just reading straight through for the MI. I'm going to do EK 1g on Saturday, and the rest of the AAMCs every Saturday up until the test. I'm also doing the 101 Verbal book twice a week as well as the 16 mini MCATs everyday once I am done with the lectures. Oh yeah, my previous (crappy) TPR diag scores P 7, V 6, B 8... P 6, V 7, B 10... P 8, V 8, B 8... With hard work, I am really hoping to jump into the 35-39 range. Let me know how you guys are doing too!

LT8R said:
I just finished the EK Verbal book and now I am working my way through the other books (~10 hours a day right now). I listen to the Audio Osmosis on my ipod when I can't actually sit down and study (e.g. today I hit golf balls at the driving range while listening to Bio lecture 3 because I fizzed out on the reading). I have the EK home schedule, but I totally modified it to fit my own study habits. I was in a TPR class for the April test but I totally bailed two weeks before the test because I couldn't stand their teaching methods or materials (I hated skipping a passage on verbal). What a costly mistake, right? Anyhow, I'm back on track now. I took 3R the other day to get a comparison score and got a P 10, V 8, B 10. I was pleased even though I really couldn't concentrate through the verbal. I really like EKs verbal method though, it is very short and straightforward (9, 10, ? Lecture exam scores). Highly recommended. My favorite part is not having to mark up the passages and just reading straight through for the MI. I'm going to do EK 1g on Saturday, and the rest of the AAMCs every Saturday up until the test. I'm also doing the 101 Verbal book twice a week as well as the 16 mini MCATs everyday once I am done with the lectures. Oh yeah, my previous (crappy) TPR diag scores P 7, V 6, B 8... P 6, V 7, B 10... P 8, V 8, B 8... With hard work, I am really hoping to jump into the 35-39 range. Let me know how you guys are doing too!

28, thats awesome. Im just about 4 weeks into the schedule and i took aamc 3 the other day and got a 22 (p 6 v 9 b 7). Well, it deflated my good vibes. Im hoping that its just because i dont know all of the info yet and will do better on my next practice test.

Iceageheatwave said:
28, thats awesome. Im just about 4 weeks into the schedule and i took aamc 3 the other day and got a 22 (p 6 v 9 b 7). Well, it deflated my good vibes. Im hoping that its just because i dont know all of the info yet and will do better on my next practice test.

you're fine. i started with a 26 on the AAMC3 and went to a 36 on AAMC5 in two weeks time; it's all a matter of sticking with the program even if you havent covered everything. Youre still developing good test taking skills just by doing passages that are unfamiliar to you and doing your best and using process of elimination to get to the right answer.

Keep truckin everyone... :thumbup:

I was just wondering what kind of scores ya'll are gettin on the 30 min exams at the end of the chapters, i'm not really that far along yet but i'm doing ok like 9, 10, and the very rare eleven in bio, chem, phys. I've been gettin jacked up pretty good by the verbal though, i just dont think i really grasp the concept very well yet. Should i be just crushin these 30 min ones to be hopin for a good score on the MCAT or are they considerably harder than it will be. I had a 23 on my first "diagnostic" so i need to come up alot. Is anyone just crushin these things? On an interesting side note however, i had one of my friends whos an EE look at some of the physics, just to see if it was me that was stupid or if it was really pretty hard. It tore him up pretty good so i was happy for that, just to know i'm not the only idiot out there. Anyways, hope ya'll are faring better than I.

JDUB44 said:
I was just wondering what kind of scores ya'll are gettin on the 30 min exams at the end of the chapters, i'm not really that far along yet but i'm doing ok like 9, 10, and the very rare eleven in bio, chem, phys. I've been gettin jacked up pretty good by the verbal though, i just dont think i really grasp the concept very well yet. Should i be just crushin these 30 min ones to be hopin for a good score on the MCAT or are they considerably harder than it will be. I had a 23 on my first "diagnostic" so i need to come up alot. Is anyone just crushin these things? On an interesting side note however, i had one of my friends whos an EE look at some of the physics, just to see if it was me that was stupid or if it was really pretty hard. It tore him up pretty good so i was happy for that, just to know i'm not the only idiot out there. Anyways, hope ya'll are faring better than I.

The material is tough on these EK 30min exams; youre in a good place. Do a few AAMC tests/passages, and confirm this.

for me, I am averaging 9's in most of the subjects (range from 7-12, bio on the high end, verbal on the low end) on the 30 min exams, and got a 26 on my first diagnostic (one of the EK exams). Did a second practice MCAT couple of weeks later (an AAMC) and scored a 36. I have a feeling you would do just as well, if not better if you stick with the schedule, and not get discouraged due to the low scores for the EK material. Best of luck :thumbup:

Finally decided to suck it up and see where I stand on the EK 30 minute chapter exams. Hope to run through them in the next 3 days as I am already done with basic review.

Bio Chapter 1:12
Bio Chapter 2:7
Bio Chapter 3:11
Bio Chapter 4:9
Bio Chapter 5:9
Bio Chapter 6:8
Bio Chapter 7:13
Bio Chapter 8:10
Bio Chapter 9:9

I wonder when they will drop that nonsense.

LT8R said:
I was in a TPR class for the April test but I totally bailed two weeks before the test because I couldn't stand their teaching methods or materials (I hated skipping a passage on verbal). What a costly mistake, right? Anyhow, I'm back on track now.

Sorry guys, it has been about two weeks since my last entry...I've been busy planning for my wedding which is the weekend before the MCAT (YIKES!!)

EK 1g P 9, V:9, B:9 (I took this test in a very noisy cafe... bad idea)
AAMC 4R P10, V:9, B:9

I'm taking 5R this weekend...

I've been losing a lot of steam halfway through the Bio lately...I don't know what is going on!

I am about 1-2 questions within double digits on each section... I just need to build up the endurance a little more and stop day dreaming during the middle passages. I've been rocking the first four passages lately and then falling apart at the 5th or 6th passage in each section...

Some of the end of lecture stuff has been kicking my butt...I am about a week away from being completely done with the lectures, thank god...

Good luck everyone!!!

Hey, congrats on the marriage, LT8R! Make sure you get back from your honeymoon in time for the MCAT!

I'm new to this thread, but I used EK for the April MCAT and am using it again for the August one, as well as TPR review and questions. I have my huge pile of books on the kitchen table, luckily my family doesn't mind eating elsewhere for a few weeks!

I've been mostly doing the 1001 questions, but did some of the Verbal 101 passages and scored 8, 8, 9, and 9. gonna start on the 30 minute exams tomorrow and hope to be scoring near 10. Gotta bring up my 8's from April's exam!

I really hope that EK's numbers are a bit lower than the real thing, because if I'm making 8's and 9's in EK's tests, I hope to break 10's on the real thing. Heck, I'd even be happy with a 28 or 29!

Not a science major here, so I struggle with the Inorganic chem and some of the bio topics. Never had a problem with ochem, though, which usually seems to give people the most trouble. Too bad there aren't more questions on the real thing about organic chem!

Good luck, everyone!

finally done with bio. Time to do lots of passages. I have the TPR science workbook and 1001 EK bio. I was hoping to score 10s or more across the board on the 30 minute exams but oh well.

stoleyerscrubz said:
Finally decided to suck it up and see where I stand on the EK 30 minute chapter exams. Hope to run through them in the next 3 days as I am already done with basic review.

stoleyerscrubz said:
finally done with bio. Time to do lots of passages. I have the TPR science workbook and 1001 EK bio. I was hoping to score 10s or more across the board on the 30 minute exams but oh well.

i'ive finished up all the books except for organic chemistry, been putting that off forever...i guess i'll devote next week to o-chem exclusively. any advice? is the ek ochem sufficient or should i get other books too? when i take practice tests i get pretty much every single ochem question wrong, but most of the bio stuff, so this is my reall weak weak spot...(my ochem class in college was really, really terrible - didn't learn anything!) i appreciate the advice, thanks!

I'm actually using my ochem text book and notes in addition to the EK ochem. I honestly have not spent much time on the ochem though. I just go through the whole ochem book every now and then, look up some of the reactions in detail, and practice predicting products.

I made notes on the whole EK ochem book and supplented it with other sources. Ochem was the only subject that I did that.

sintheta said:
i'ive finished up all the books except for organic chemistry, been putting that off forever...i guess i'll devote next week to o-chem exclusively. any advice? is the ek ochem sufficient or should i get other books too? when i take practice tests i get pretty much every single ochem question wrong, but most of the bio stuff, so this is my reall weak weak spot...(my ochem class in college was really, really terrible - didn't learn anything!) i appreciate the advice, thanks!

stoleyerscrubz said:
I'm actually using my ochem text book and notes in addition to the EK ochem. I honestly have not spent much time on the ochem though. I just go through the whole ochem book every now and then, look up some of the reactions in detail, and practice predicting products.

I made notes on the whole EK ochem book and supplented it with other sources. Ochem was the only subject that I did that.

do you use wade?

other EK users did you rely exclusively on EK for ochem or on other sources too like stoleyerscrubz? i just really want to be able to understand this stuff conceptually, and it's really hard!

I'm using Wade(summer school) now but I prefer McMurry(spring semester).
I also use the EK ochem flashcards and some web sites. I am really counting on my studies from taking ochem now(summer school) and spring semester to
do well on ochem.

sintheta said:
do you use wade?

other EK users did you rely exclusively on EK for ochem or on other sources too like stoleyerscrubz? i just really want to be able to understand this stuff conceptually, and it's really hard!

sintheta said:

Hi Sintheta,
I've been sticking with the EK O-Chem. In general, when I have problems with a certain topic I listen to the Audio Osmosis Lectures many times over and then try to read the lecture material over until understand all of the words in bold and black. I think recognizing the vocab is the best way to eliminate answers. If you are having trouble with reactions, learning how each functional group reacts while ignoring the rest of the molecule (i.e. noise) is your best bet in predicting products. Focus your study on functional groups and which reactants they react with especially the carbonyl containing ones. Good Luck!

Hey guys,

I just finished 5R

P:12, V:10, B:11 :D

The whole time I kept on telling myself I was a hunter (i.e. activated sympathetic). I know its weird, but it worked! I didn't lose concentration through any of the passages and finished Bio 12 minutes early. Doing a practice test every Saturday is beginning to pay off.

I'll be doing 6R next weekend...

stoleyerscrubz said:

I've been getting my butt-kicked by the 30-minute exams lately (8s-10s). Don't sweat it!

LT8R said:
Hi Sintheta,
I've been sticking with the EK O-Chem. In general, when I have problems with a certain topic I listen to the Audio Osmosis Lectures many times over and then try to read the lecture material over until understand all of the words in bold and black. I think recognizing the vocab is the best way to eliminate answers. If you are having trouble with reactions, learning how each functional group reacts while ignoring the rest of the molecule (i.e. noise) is your best bet in predicting products. Focus your study on functional groups and which reactants they react with especially the carbonyl containing ones. Good Luck!

Thanks for the advice! I plan on hitting up EK Ochem Lectures 1-4 this Mon-Fri and then taking my next AAMC Practice test.

It is good to see an EK material thread. I have been using the whole package(books, 101, Audio). It is good to hear that I am not the only one sucking it up on those 30 min exams (been scoring 7-9).

About 5-6 months ago I took all the AAMC exams while studying for Apr 05 MCAT. Back then I got a 21 on 3R and 21 on 5R. Now that I am almost through the EK material I just got a 25 on 3R and a 31 on 5R. I seem to get the questions right because I remember them from EK not when I took it before. The passages and questions look familar but I don't remember the questions or answers. Do you think that I should continue to retake the AAMC exams or am I subconsiously remembering answers?

GPACfan said:
It is good to see an EK material thread. I have been using the whole package(books, 101, Audio). It is good to hear that I am not the only one sucking it up on those 30 min exams (been scoring 7-9).

About 5-6 months ago I took all the AAMC exams while studying for Apr 05 MCAT. Back then I got a 21 on 3R and 21 on 5R. Now that I am almost through the EK material I just got a 25 on 3R and a 31 on 5R. I seem to get the questions right because I remember them from EK not when I took it before. The passages and questions look familar but I don't remember the questions or answers. Do you think that I should continue to retake the AAMC exams or am I subconsiously remembering answers?

I posted a forum about that question a couple of weeks ago and no one answered ... I'm doing the same thing as you redoing the AAMC tests and I've seen an increase in my score as well... so I think it has to translate to something! Dont you agree??

Good luck!

HEY EK users...

Have you tried the EK full lengths yet???

I found EK2f hard! I got a 23 and the test is a month away!

Breakdown:

Bio 9
Phy 8
Verbal 6!!!!!!! >WTH!

AHHHHHHHHHH! I'm going crazy!

MDhopeful023 said:
I posted a forum about that question a couple of weeks ago and no one answered ... I'm doing the same thing as you redoing the AAMC tests and I've seen an increase in my score as well... so I think it has to translate to something! Dont you agree??

Good luck!

I took 3R a few weeks ago and only got a 25 and now 5R a 31. I think EK is helping a ton. I think it translates. It is not like I can remember each answer and question for all 2000+ questions I have done. I plan on taking a kaplan FL to see if it really is helping outside the previously taken tests. PLus I want to see how hard the PS is in Kaplan (I heard it is tough just like the Apr 05, which I took and bombed).

Its great everyone is doing well...I'm not. I guess I'm a bit discouraged today ; I've been doing Phys 1001 and just feel like I know nothing, it is really kicking my butt!

Did you guys do every simgle question? I'm doing every third, but feel as if I should do them ALL. I took 3R yesterday and only a 18 :eek: V7 B6 P5 What am I doing wrong?

I have about 4 days to complete all the EK study material, the rest of the time left I will be dedicating to test taking, 1001 books and reviewing.

What do you think? Do I have a chance? By the way I am only aiming at a score of around & about 25 (I'm not required much more :D )

Thanks!

Oh and as far as optics I think I should skip that part altogether and concentrate on the rest...is that a bad idea?

I finally knuckled down on EK's optics chapter and it is not really that complicated. Give yourself 1-2 hours going over the first time and come back to it again a couple of times more if you need to.

optics has been on the MCAT before so I would either use EK's method or find another.

Ebete said:
Oh and as far as optics I think I should skip that part altogether and concentrate on the rest...is that a bad idea?

Reviewed all of EK ochem once again and did the ochem 30min exams

Chapter 1:9
Chapter 2:7
Chapter 3:12
Chapter 4:11

fudged the time on the first 2 exams. On exam 3 & 4 I decided to start answering the questions before reading the passage and referring back to the passages for problems as needed. This is the metohd I now use for all sciences.

This week I am working on going over 3R/5R, TPR science workbook, 1001 bio, and Physics/Chemistry 30min chapter tests as well.

stoleyerscrubz said:
Reviewed all of EK ochem once again and did the ochem 30min exams

Chapter 1:9
Chapter 2:7
Chapter 3:12
Chapter 4:11

fudged the time on the first 2 exams. On exam 3 & 4 I decided to start answering the questions before reading the passage and referring back to the passages for problems as needed. This is the metohd I now use for all sciences.

This week I am working on going over 3R/5R, TPR science workbook, 1001 bio, and Physics/Chemistry 30min chapter tests as well.

Im finding that the 1001 questions are good for pounding in concepts. However the organic chemistry that is tested on the ochem EK books is ridiculously hard in comparison to the ochem on the aamc exams. Ther verbal is a nice book however. I have been working on verbal alot for the last 2 weeks. Went from a 5 to now an 8. I took 3R, 4R, 5R, and 6R. Now its time to take 7 and 8!!!

:thumbup:

Ebete said:
Its great everyone is doing well...I'm not. I guess I'm a bit discouraged today ; I've been doing Phys 1001 and just feel like I know nothing, it is really kicking my butt!

Did you guys do every simgle question? I'm doing every third, but feel as if I should do them ALL. I took 3R yesterday and only a 18 :eek: V7 B6 P5 What am I doing wrong?

I have about 4 days to complete all the EK study material, the rest of the time left I will be dedicating to test taking, 1001 books and reviewing.

What do you think? Do I have a chance? By the way I am only aiming at a score of around & about 25 (I'm not required much more :D )

Thanks!

YES of course you can do it. Remember you have a month left. Just buckle down and really work on you sciences. I recommend you pick up a BIO1001 book. That helped my score alot... I got a 10 April2005... as for the physical I recommend do as many problems as you can. I bought the EK book for physics but I didn't like them... instead I've been using Princeton's review Workbook problems and I've been getting 8's and 9's... (they aren't great scores but like you I have a month left and I can pull off a 10 as well).

For verbal work on EK101 verbal passages... that will for sure increase your score a good 2 points (it did for me).

GOOD LUCK and be hopeful!

are you talking about Princeton Review's Science Workbook? I have the same book(2002) and there does not appear to be a scoring system and the passages don't seem to be sectioned off as seperate tests.

MDhopeful023 said:
I bought the EK book for physics but I didn't like them... instead I've been using Princeton's review Workbook problems and I've been getting 8's and 9's... (they aren't great scores but like you I have a month left and I can pull off a 10 as well).

stoleyerscrubz said:
are you talking about Princeton Review's Science Workbook? I have the same book(2002) and there does not appear to be a scoring system and the passages don't seem to be sectioned off as seperate tests.

Sorry maybe you misunderstood me... I mean practicing with the TPR workbook... with AAMC and Kaplan exams I've been getting 8's and 9's... from a diag of 7 :) so I believe practice works well.

Time to knock out Chemistry and Phyiscs 30min exams. I was supposed to be done with these quite a while ago. I'm moving this weekend so I hope that does not suck up too much of my study time.

stoleyerscrubz said:

Orgo Chapter 1:9
Orgo Chapter 2:7
Orgo Chapter 3:12
Orgo Chapter 4:11

Gen Chem Chapter 1:10

I'm moving this weekend. Hopefully I will find time to study. Took the 30min Gen Chem chapter 1 exam and made 3 silly errors but still got a 10(misbubled, read intermolecular as intramolecular, and did not look up every single atom on the answer choices on the periodic table).

Whats funny is that it has taken me about 1 year to remember the difference between intermolecular and intramolecular and now I'm misreading it. lol.

Orgo Chapter 1:9
Orgo Chapter 2:7
Orgo Chapter 3:12
Orgo Chapter 4:11

Gen Chem Chapter 1:10
ch 2: 12
ch 3: 8
ch 4: 4
ch 5: 11
ch 6: 10
ch 7: 10

physics
ch 1: 10
ch 2: 9
ch 3: 9
ch 4: 7
ch 5: 8
ch 6: 8
ch 7: 6
ch 8: 8

in order taken

3R 23-25 with an 8v
1G around 25 total
5R 7p 9v 7b

was planning for April MCAT until I got my 5R scores 4 weeks from the exam and decided to wait for August MCAT and got my $100 refund. I did not do any of the EK chapter exams until prepping for August 2005 MCAT

AAMC 5R: 8p 11b <--retake after 5 months and did not do verbal
AAMC4R: 9p 10v 10b
AAMC 6R: 9p 10v 10b
AAMC 7: 10p 10v 11b finally got everything above 10
August 2005 MCAT: yet to be taken
updated August 2005 score:32M 10P 10V 12B
Moving really threw things off for a bit. plan to only do weak areas in PS with TPR science workbook

) Form DL

2) PS did not have any subjects i had difficulty with but I got so nervous that I stared at passage one for 8 minutes before writing and sitting next to someone jotting down answers 10 seconds into the exam psyched me out. I did not finish 2 passages. This part of the exam seemed simple but I never finished PS on time when praticing and you know what happens during the real deal.

VR - seemed very simple. wish I knew about the trick of looking in the back of the booklet! finsished with 2 minutes to spare like I did on practice exams.

BS- seemed amazingly simple. more passages were pseudodiscretes(as coined from the poster above) on BS than BS. finished 20min early and changed 1 problem. felt like I pwned this section as well.

3) brown out that caused not much of problem(lasted 10 seconds). the administrator said into her microphone when someone voided "oh no I thought we were not going to have any voids this time. we are not 100%". she was trying to be funny but I thought that was rude. takes some balls to go up there and void.

4) learned that I should do discretes first to calm myself down. I did this in the BS section. predicting 7PS 11VR 11BS. I pray to get 8+ on PS though!! :eek:

I panned the 1001 series but now I see that you could do the PS and BS without reading the whole passage. i got stuck on passage 1 of PS because you had to read the passage and understand the experiment because they were concept questions that referred to certain steps in the experiment. I told myself I would do those passages last but did not stick to my plan. we'll see what happens.

stoleyerscrubz said:
) Form DL...I panned the 1001 series but now I see that you could do the PS and BS without reading the whole passage. i got stuck on passage 1 of PS because you had to read the passage and understand the experiment because they were concept questions that referred to certain steps in the experiment. I told myself I would do those passages last but did not stick to my plan. we'll see what happens.

panned? So the verdict on 1001 series is....

panned=did not look upon it favorably

I think it has much value if you do them timed and learn to pass on questions you have difficulty with and learn to think quickly. Do every 3rd one since they usually have the same question in different variations three in a row.

Y_Marker said:
panned? So the verdict on 1001 series is....