** Official EK schedule/material users thread **

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

stoleyerscrubz

Registered User and Stuff
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Cozmosis started a thread like this for the 2005 April MCAT so I wanted to get another one started for the August 2005 MCAT. I do not want to use anymore more brain power so I will qoute him:

"Whether you're using the study schedule, just the books, or just the 1001 series, check in here. We can update each other on progress, and ask questions. I did my first practice MCAT today, and got a 24-25 depending on who you ask. I'm fairly satisfied.

Feel free to post anything here. Doesn't even have to be MCAT related"

link to April 2005 MCAT/EK study material thread
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=176215

Members don't see this ad.

stoleyerscrubz said:
) Form DL

2) PS did not have any subjects i had difficulty with but I got so nervous that I stared at passage one for 8 minutes before writing and sitting next to someone jotting down answers 10 seconds into the exam psyched me out. I did not finish 2 passages. This part of the exam seemed simple but I never finished PS on time when praticing and you know what happens during the real deal.

VR - seemed very simple. wish I knew about the trick of looking in the back of the booklet! finsished with 2 minutes to spare like I did on practice exams.

BS- seemed amazingly simple. more passages were pseudodiscretes(as coined from the poster above) on BS than BS. finished 20min early and changed 1 problem. felt like I pwned this section as well.

3) brown out that caused not much of problem(lasted 10 seconds). the administrator said into her microphone when someone voided "oh no I thought we were not going to have any voids this time. we are not 100%". she was trying to be funny but I thought that was rude. takes some balls to go up there and void.

4) learned that I should do discretes first to calm myself down. I did this in the BS section. predicting 7PS 11VR 11BS. I pray to get 8+ on PS though!! :eek:

I panned the 1001 series but now I see that you could do the PS and BS without reading the whole passage. i got stuck on passage 1 of PS because you had to read the passage and understand the experiment because they were concept questions that referred to certain steps in the experiment. I told myself I would do those passages last but did not stick to my plan. we'll see what happens.
VR trick in the back of the book? do you know something we don't, or is my brain too fryed...did I spell that right? oh boy...really need some deserved rest :p

Ebete said:
VR trick in the back of the book? do you know something we don't, or is my brain too fryed...did I spell that right? oh boy...really need some deserved rest :p

There is a citation at the end which has the title of the article/name of the book/author/year, etc.

stoleyerscrubz said:
) Form DL

2) PS did not have any subjects i had difficulty with but I got so nervous that I stared at passage one for 8 minutes before writing and sitting next to someone jotting down answers 10 seconds into the exam psyched me out. I did not finish 2 passages. This part of the exam seemed simple but I never finished PS on time when praticing and you know what happens during the real deal.

VR - seemed very simple. wish I knew about the trick of looking in the back of the booklet! finsished with 2 minutes to spare like I did on practice exams.

BS- seemed amazingly simple. more passages were pseudodiscretes(as coined from the poster above) on BS than BS. finished 20min early and changed 1 problem. felt like I pwned this section as well.

3) brown out that caused not much of problem(lasted 10 seconds). the administrator said into her microphone when someone voided "oh no I thought we were not going to have any voids this time. we are not 100%". she was trying to be funny but I thought that was rude. takes some balls to go up there and void.

4) learned that I should do discretes first to calm myself down. I did this in the BS section. predicting 7PS 11VR 11BS. I pray to get 8+ on PS though!! :eek:

I panned the 1001 series but now I see that you could do the PS and BS without reading the whole passage. i got stuck on passage 1 of PS because you had to read the passage and understand the experiment because they were concept questions that referred to certain steps in the experiment. I told myself I would do those passages last but did not stick to my plan. we'll see what happens.

32M
10P 10V 12B on the August 2005 MCAT

i thought I performed better on verbal but i'm not going to complain because of my PS score. Studied at home with EK. I read the 30+ forum last summer and it convinced me that it was possible to study outside a course and get a 30+. I only went with EK because I looked at the Kaplan big book and it looked intimidating.

good luck everyone. This site was very helpful to me. support each other.

update august 2005 mcat
34 S
PS 11
BS 11
VR 12

i just studied at home, no prep course, used the EK 10 wk study schedule, no extra 1001 books, and the AAMC tests. YAY EK!!!