***Official Howard University Class of 2012***

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
that is awesome cause I sweat I bombed a test this week. Well that is what I get for taking biochemistry when it is not even a requirement. I might still drop it though.

For PIPER824 - I got a call and then she sent me the email invite. Its crazy, I cant believe they are still interviewing people. Anyways good luck. There is a page on SDN that you can get interview feedback from. Check it out, it was a great resource for me. Ther is an onspot essay. the topic was " what should professional schools do about cheating/plagarism." Be esay about it - I am sure you are already in - just take it easy and try not to be too nervous.

And congrats again triniflavor

thank you kinks! Yeah, I got the email but I was wondering if I am suppose to get anything else in mail. Can you guys share other essay questions if you don't mind? I know they might not ask the same questions but it would help. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I hear what you guys are saying but like I said before I am gonna stick to the campus. The main reason is that I have been spoilt. My last four years of undergrad were spent on campus. I have grown to hate all forms of public transport and I am one lazy dude. I think people have rats if they are not clean and if they do not attempt to control the pests.

I have question though - are there any really good clubs in washington DC

When I interviewed I didn't have to write an essay.. so, I would say prepare for it, but don't be surprised if you don't have to write one..

Members don't see this ad :)
When I interviewed I didn't have to write an essay.. so, I would say prepare for it, but don't be surprised if you don't have to write one..

I didn't have to write one either.

Now I am really wondering why some groups were made to write essays while others were not

I hear what you guys are saying but like I said before I am gonna stick to the campus. The main reason is that I have been spoilt. My last four years of undergrad were spent on campus. I have grown to hate all forms of public transport and I am one lazy dude. I think people have rats if they are not clean and if they do not attempt to control the pests.

I have question though - are there any really good clubs in washington DC

Sadly DC, has a bad rodent problem so mice are possible even if your clean in the Towers! Good clubs include, LOVE(aka Dream), H20, Ibiza, Platinum, Fur, and Envy in order from great to aight. Im not a big clubber due to schoolwork but its fun; there are plenty of lounges too.

I have not gotten my package yet - can someone please let me know what is the exact date that we are supposed to arrive at school this august

Hey Trini,
I agree. I def. want to stay off campus...even though staying near campus seems so convenient because I'm not familiar with the DC area at all (I'm from NC). The thing that really turned me off about housing near campus is the constant talk of rats. I've even been looking on apartmentreviews.com and nearly every DC apartment review included some posting about rats....and that's one thing that I cannot deal with. :scared:So, yeah, I'm thinking about staying in either Silver Spring or another surrounding area. I'm gonna come up prob in June and look for places.

that is cool,i also plan on going down in the upcoming months to find a place,keep me posted as to your success in finding something. I just remembered that we all have to read the book called the pact for school so you might want to get that out of the way.

Sadly DC, has a bad rodent problem so mice are possible even if your clean in the Towers! Good clubs include, LOVE(aka Dream), H20, Ibiza, Platinum, Fur, and Envy in order from great to aight. Im not a big clubber due to schoolwork but its fun; there are plenty of lounges too.

That's what I've been saying. Deciding not to move in the Towers will not totally eliminate your rodent problem. This is DC. You are bound to see them. If you have ever lived in a major East Coast city (ie. NY, DC, Philly, B'More) then you know what I'm talking about. Your home doesn't have to be infested with critters but don't be too alarmed to see one at some point or another during your stay. Regardless, of where you stay. Just try to take care of the problem!

I have not gotten my package yet - can someone please let me know what is the exact date that we are supposed to arrive at school this august

KinKs the packet didn't give any information about the first day of classes.

Does anybody know the dress code for D1s? Is it business casual everyday? I think I heard something to that effect.

that is cool,i also plan on going down in the upcoming months to find a place,keep me posted as to your success in finding something. I just remembered that we all have to read the book called the pact for school so you might want to get that out of the way.

Hey,
I hadn't heard anything about a required reading. How did you find out? And who's the author of that book. If we have to read it I def. will go ahead and get it out of the way.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anybody know the dress code for D1s? Is it business casual everyday? I think I heard something to that effect.

The D1s I saw were in jeans, running shoes and T-shirts

D1's wear whatever. All other dental students wear scrubs. D2 light blue scrubs, D3 Navy Blue scrubs, D3 medium blue scrubs.

Hey how are you? How much are u selling ur materials? How can I contact u?

Yeah, when i went for the interview,this guy was running after me to rob me.it was an experience for me

Nuts - are you serious dread - (****) me up dread - thats is a damn ordeal yow. I am happy you are in though. Make sure you join the group on facebook

1. PCrooks
2. Dentalishus
3. UFtitletown
4. jishu1
5. ddsbrazil
6. DrPrettySmiles
7. AidaBolena
8. sexyblack9993
9. KinKs
10. triniflavor
11. Professor Nuts

C'mon Nuts! Interviews are over at 1:30 in the afternoon. I'm not saying that people have never been robbed in the District at that time but serious? The streets surrounding Howard University are flooded with people at that time. I can't really picture anyone picking you out of the hundreds of people outside to chase down and rob in broad day light. Maybe, you were in SE Washington DC by mistake? Or maybe you got lost and ended up in those projects not too far from HUH?

If you were walking around at night after people have gone home then ok. DC can be dangerous at night. You could potentially get robbed anywhere. Like any major US city, you have to watch your back.

Maybe, you were in SE Washington DC by mistake? Or maybe you got lost and ended up in those projects not too far from HUH?

DC can be dangerous at night. You could potentially get robbed anywhere. Like any major US city, you have to watch your back.

Yow fill me in dude - I feel kinda naive, whats the deal with SE DC and whats the danger in the district?

Well it was broad day lite-i was going to the store -then i noticed this guy running from behind(far) putting his hand in his jacket-at first i tried to play brave but i remebered i had my passport in my pocket and i did not wanna take no risk of loosing it-if i lost it then i may not be able to start dentistry 08-then i threw my pride away and started running with necktie and slippery shoes-then i also heard some kids chanting"rob his ***!!when i reached the corner where there was plenty people he turnt back .then when i was going back to the place i stayed, he was waiting behind the garbage-i waited around by the fastfood place till i thought he was gone-i love washington with a passion-but i would like to stay on campus after that

i am sorry - its not funny but I am sure getting a crack out of this one - dont worry prof nuts - we be the soca warriors defending the towers. By the way, is you name inspired by the Jamaican artist - Proffesor Nuts?

no-it came from my family after destroy things up when i was little-anytime i jacked things up or made a basket shot, they called me "proffesor nuts indeed" and especially how i always wanted to be a dentist.

Hey Dentalicious-is that a painting of u?

LOL No it isn't, but it reminds me of myself as a little girl. My mom used to style my hair just like that and dress me up in dresses like the one in the painting.

DC is like any other major US city. You have the good and the bad. Southeast DC is just notorious for it's high crime rate. However, Howard is in Northwest and we'll be in school from 8-5pm everyday. So the chances of any of us having problems in SE is slim to none. Unless, you decide to live in that section. Rent is cheaper over there. Crime is the reason why.

Northwest & Northeast also have their share of crime. Mostly robberies and auto theft. However, DC has improved greatly since the 1990's when it was known as the murder capital. Still the community is a far cry from what you'll see in Ann Arbor, Michigan. This information can be Googled. Going to school in DC can be a rewarding experience. You just have to watch your back. This should come natural to anyone who have ever dwelled in a big city.

Nuts...what store were you going to and what street did this guy spot you on?

It was a rundown motel about 5 minutes away where i stayed like by a burger king-the taxi driver sent me there-i even saw some kinda white powder in the motel room in a plastic bag-someone knocking on my door at night -no heater-no hot water-television not working-no iron-but i was only focused on interview-i went to a pharmacy kinda store to purchase an iron-it was near a bridge-very near the greyhound bus station-i cant remeber the name of the street though-i just lol to myself-i know that i was just in a jacked up place at the wrong time and know that i will be 100%ok and happy when i come back to DC-i love DC-it just was different from the alabama part where i stayed

It was a rundown motel about 5 minutes away where i stayed like by a burger king-the taxi driver sent me there-i even saw some kinda white powder in the motel room in a plastic bag-someone knocking on my door at night -no heater-no hot water-television not working-no iron-but i was only focused on interview-i went to a pharmacy kinda store to purchase an iron-it was near a bridge-very near the greyhound bus station-i cant remeber the name of the street though-i just lol to myself-i know that i was just in a jacked up place at the wrong time and know that i will be 100%ok and happy when i come back to DC-i love DC-it just was different from the alabama part where i stayed

Wow! I dont even know where that is lol. Local hotels are sometimes iffy; try hotel.com and check reviews next time and or stay in down town hotels like Red roof inn. Sorry about the experience. Ive personally never been robbed (knock on wood) but being polite to the "locals" and being alert and aware of your surroundings is key anywhere you are in the city.

Well it was broad day lite-i was going to the store -then i noticed this guy running from behind(far) putting his hand in his jacket-at first i tried to play brave but i remebered i had my passport in my pocket and i did not wanna take no risk of loosing it-if i lost it then i may not be able to start dentistry 08-then i threw my pride away and started running with necktie and slippery shoes-then i also heard some kids chanting"rob his ***!!when i reached the corner where there was plenty people he turnt back .then when i was going back to the place i stayed, he was waiting behind the garbage-i waited around by the fastfood place till i thought he was gone-i love washington with a passion-but i would like to stay on campus after that

I know this is not funny but I have an image of you running in your slippery shoes and it has me rolling :laugh:. I'm sorry you had to go through that though. I pray it won't happen again. I only stayed for a day but my experience was ok. I went to Hotels.com to book my room as the previous poster suggested. I think I got taken by the cab guy though. I wasn't familiar with the different zones and I was too tired to try and figure it out.

yeah-i lol then and now also when i think about it-i tried putting on a serious ganster face and a caribbean rough neck walk to throw the guy off but he kept coming-therefore, i started bunny skipping before i built up the courage to run-honestly,i really pealed because my passport.when i reached the corner,i could have sworn i slid a few feet. i love Washington DC. it is a dream for me to come there-very culturally diverse

yeah-i lol then and now also when i think about it-i tried putting on a serious ganster face and a caribbean rough neck walk to throw the guy off but he kept coming-therefore, i started bunny skipping before i built up the courage to run-honestly,i really pealed because my passport.when i reached the corner,i could have sworn i slid a few feet. i love Washington DC. it is a dream for me to come there-very culturally diverse

:corny:

:laugh: You are too funny!!! Which island are you from? I'm Jamaican.

it seems like am going 2 have to stay on a down low because i dont want noone to lol at me at HUCD. if my jacked was taken what could i have said for my Visa-ya see?

oh-hey have u ever considered UWI Trinidad Dentistry?

oh-hey have u ever considered UWI Trinidad Dentistry?

No, I don't think its worth it for dental students to go overseas as you still have to basically start over when you come back to the states.

I think I know where you were at. Was there a Wendy's a little further west? Well, anyway. I'm glad that you are alright. I'm going to be looking for you on the first day of class! At first I thought you were trying to put us on. Then again, anything can happen in the district. Local DC motels can be very shady! Your best bet is to get one of those $99-$130 a night hotel rooms. I also believe that they have student discounts with school identification. You can run into a few if you travel west on Rhode Island Ave. Those are the places where tourist usually spend their nights. Expensive, but very comfortable and safe. Also a short 10 minute ride to the college in a cab.

Thank u for the info-will u be staying on campus?

it seems like am going 2 have to stay on a down low because i dont want noone to lol at me at HUCD. if my jacked was taken what could i have said for my Visa-ya see?

:laugh: You made my day with this story. I can't stop laughing.

I think I was balling (sorry - i meant bawling) that night cause my dad and I ended spending $245 for 1 night at this hotel. I cant remember the name. All the rooms were full. We stopped at about 5 differnt hotels and none had room. We contemplated sleeping int he car before my mother called and told us to stop being cheap and threatened to chop my dad if her baby slept in a car.

Yow professor nuts - I bet if you were Jamaican that would not have happened. Serious dude, only an authentic Jamaican gold teeth, front teeth don gargon with a real yardie walk could have thrawted the supposed thief.

Dentalishus will also not have to learn how to jerk anytime soon as I saw at least two Jamaican restaurants while I was there. Dentalishus, no offence but are you a real Jamaican or are you a Ja-fake-an? In other words were you born in Jamaica or do you just have Jamaican heritage. If you were born in Jamaica,where in Jamaica are you from?

-my US student visa was stolen before during september 11. after back to backs trying for a new one, the police officer said he needed to photo copy my canadian student visa-he went in the back for 30 seconds to copy my Canadian student visa and came back out whistling empty handed. I then gave him about 60 seconds.then i sadi sir,u finish with my Canadian student visa?he said,may i help u? he said i dont know you. he asked me if i was drinking heineken. At that time now-1. my US visa was stolen and 2. the police forgot he had my Canadian visa-now i couldnt study nowhere-I am saying this because after getting a next US visa and had it in my jacket, i wasnt taking no wrisk with homeboy-if i had told him take my change and jacket but give me my documents out of my pocket-he might not have.

yow nuts - Yow honestly - I want to talk to you the very first day when I come to school cause Jah know yute - Mi and you have to drink two heineken. Everybody - first day of school - every comes to my place, we will drink heineken and laugh at nuts. Oh my god this is funny.

"wasnt taking no wrisk with homeboy" lololololololololol

Nuts you seem cool as heck. Remind me not to sit next to you in class because you are going to have me in stitches laughing at your jokes and stories. Just kidding about not sitting next to you. LOL. What's so funny about the whole thing is I really don't think you mean to be funny.

KinKs I am a real Jamaican. I was born there, lived in Clarendon, went to Clarendon College for a year and a half, and moved to the states when I was 12.

You'll lol alot at ya boy man!!i gone hide when i come.it was just a long trip to DC. But I am happy to go to HUCD. With all this lol,it is a lucky thing I did not tell u the real reason behind my name, professor nuts.the trip was terrific except for the greyhound ride comin(21hrs ) and going about 40 hrs-messed up schedule).i went straight back after the interview-when I was going back, I tried to finally get some rest but couldn't at all. Finally, I got a chance to rest for a few minutes ya know?but some strange funny thing told me to keep 1 eye open and 1 ears shut. When I was peeping(I was in front seat)-I could of sworn I saw the Spanish driver guy sleeping(it was nite) so I quicly wake up and put my glasses on and put my eyes in focus-to make sure my eyes were not lying-i sneaked on the driver in slow motion-homeboy was sleeping and driving-I said excuse me sir, are u asleeping?-he aint answer-therefore I knocked on the glasswall and ask him again-he woke up and look at me for a few seconds and ignored me-that was the devil trying to prevent me from going to HUCD fall 2008-but I said sir,stop playing-if u sleepy let me off-cuz I aint taking no risk!!the people behind me lol for some reason saying I was quiet the whole trip and my accent made it sound funny but they don't understand if I didn't wake up,we would have end up in the bush. I am saying ths because it taught me to get your whishes what u worked for, you will be tried you c?i took that serious.hey I didn't know they had Jamaican restaurants in DC-I love jerk big time!!anyone play the steel pan?

ahhh im still wait listed!!! anyone know when they will stop interviewing or how many spots they have left? anyone speak to mrs. clark lately? anyone have friends or heard about people gettin off the wait list @ howard? this sux:(

due - dem say bad luck worse than obea. Jan know you salt bad bad bad. Which university did you attend.

Dentalishus

I just realised that you went to Clarendon College. I dont like Clarendon College - they are a fake CC. Cornwall College is the one and only true CC.

DaCosta Cup

Main competion in school football1950 Munro College1951 Munro College1952 Munro College1953 Cornwall College1954 no competition (polio epidemic)1955 Cornwall College1956 Cornwall College1957 Munro College1958 Cornwall College1959 Cornwall College1960 abandoned because of attack on referee1961 Munro College1962 Munro College1963 Cornwall College1964 Munro College1965 Vere Technical1966 no competition1967 Vere Technical1968 Vere Technical1969 Vere Technical1970 Vere Technical1971 Vere Technical1972 abandoned (shooting in MoBay)1973 no competition1974 STETHS1975 Vere Technical1976 Vere Technical1977 Clarendon College1978 Clarendon College1979 Dinthill Technical1980 Vere Technical1981 Dinthill Technical1982 Cornwall College1983 Cornwall College1984 Rusea's Comprehensive1985 Rusea's Comprehensive1986 Herbert Morrison Technical1987 Rusea's Comprehensive1988 Herbert Morrison1989 Rusea's Comprehensive1990 Rusea's Comprehensive1991 Clarendon College1992 Rusea's Comprehensive1993 Rusea's Comprehensive1994 Clarendon College1995 Cornwall College1996 Clarendon College1997 abandoned (teachers' death threats)1998 Clarendon College1999 STETHS2000 Cornwall College2001 Cornwall College2002 Rusea's High2003 Frome Technical2004 Glenmuir High 2-0 Frome Technical High2005 Godfrey Stewart High 3-0 Glenmuir High2006 Glenmuir High 1-1 Frome Technical High [3-2 pen]Clarendon and Cornwall have had a long rivalry in the DaCosta Cup