***Official Howard University Class of 2012***

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

KinKs

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Yea still - I dont think anyone has started this yet

Members don't see this ad.

HHEEEEYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'll see you in August!!!!

Official Howard Representer!!

Members don't see this ad :)
add your names to the list:

1. PCrooks
2. Dentalishus

I hope you'll be #3 Kinks :)

first of all congratulations to you guys. I was there last year. I loved it but for family reason, I had to withdraw from school. So I am trying to get rid of all of my dental material. I did not even open them at all. So, if you are interested in, please let me know. thanks and good luck to you all. you will love the school.:love:

first of all congratulations to you guys. I was there last year. I loved it but for family reason, I had to withdraw from school. So I am trying to get rid of all of my dental material. I did not even open them at all. So, if you are interested in, please let me know. thanks and good luck to you all. you will love the school.:love:

You don't plan on going back?

yes, i am not planning to go back. I will probably attend to another school close to my family. Cause I gotta take care of my family. let me know if you need anything.

Mrs Clarke says we should know by this tuesday or next tuesday so hopefully I will be number 3 - where are you guys planning on living while at howard

What materials do you have for sale? According to my friends who are currently dental students at Howard we are going to recieve laptops with all of our books down loaded on them. So what exactly are you selling us and will it truly benefit us as D1 students for the Fall of 08'?

As well Dean Rouse said, that the university is looking into purchasing different computers than the ones distributed to the D1 students of Fall 07' due to complaints. However, I don't know if they've officially decided on that yet.

yea - one dental school student told me that he changed his key board like 3 times and changed his screen like twice - different laptops would be good

yes, i am not planning to go back. I will probably attend to another school close to my family. Cause I gotta take care of my family. let me know if you need anything.

I am sure that whatever you are selling will be included in our tuition and will be given to us when classes begin. I'd rather not pay twice, sooo... I am going to wait. Thank ya!

I am sure that whatever you are selling will be included in our tuition and will be given to us when classes begin. I'd rather not pay twice, sooo... I am going to wait. Thank ya!

lmaol - I think he chose the wrong type of people to rip off - try harvard - you might have better luck there lololololol

Members don't see this ad :)
noooooooo, i will just use the labtop because you all will get a different labtop anyway. However, all the dental materials are the same because we had exact same materials as upper classmens'. Anyway, just ask anyone who is first year in school now. Send me a message I will tell my name they all know me.

No thanks Jimmy. Like Dentalishus said, all of our needed dental material is included in tuition. What type of advantage will I get by buying that stuff twice?

1. PCrooks
2. Dentalishus
3. UFtitletown

I hope this is not a silly question but do you guys know if we have to collect teeth? I haven't received a welcome packet yet or anything of the sort but I just want to get a head start if we do.

Also I have no idea where to start looking for apartments. Any ideas?

there is some information in the package they gave out at the interview

there is some information in the package they gave out at the interview

Yeah I did glance over those. I was hoping someone who is familiar with the area would tell me where to go and where not to go.

I was happy to find you guys. I am excited to see you all in August. Do any of you know when our first day is going to be?

I was happy to find you guys. I am excited to see you all in August. Do any of you know when our first day is going to be?

Welcome ddsbrazil!! I have no idea yet when the first day will be. I plan on moving up by August 1st though just to get situated.

I hope this is not a silly question but do you guys know if we have to collect teeth? I haven't received a welcome packet yet or anything of the sort but I just want to get a head start if we do.

A few D4's at Howard told me that we don't have to worry about collecting teeth for our first semester. However, we'll know for sure when we finally get those packages.

As far as housing, I'm going to live in the Towers. They're right across the street from the university. While at the interview did you guys see the McDonalds on Georgia Ave? The Towers are right behind it.

My dad almost killed a woman at that mcdonals - she tried to gip his 2 bucks

A few D4's at Howard told me that we don't have to worry about collecting teeth for our first semester. However, we'll know for sure when we finally get those packages.

As far as housing, I'm going to live in the Towers. They're right across the street from the university. While at the interview did you guys see the McDonalds on Georgia Ave? The Towers are right behind it.

The Towers are student apartments or just "regular anybody can live there" apartments? Did you check them out when you were there? I didn't see them... I left for the airport right after the interview so I didn't get a chance to look around.

The Towers are student apartments or just "regular anybody can live there" apartments? Did you check them out when you were there? I didn't see them... I left for the airport right after the interview so I didn't get a chance to look around.

The Towers are student apartments. In order to move in, one must be enrolled at Howard University. Mostly upperclassmen/graduate/professional students live there. I know a handful of D1's who chose to live there. These apartments are a good place to start off at if you are unfamiliar with the district or just want to be a quick minute walk away from the university.

If you don't like the Towers try to rent a room some where in NW or NE. However, choose wisely. A few neighborhoods in the area can be pretty rough. If you have a car then you might want to check around Greenbelt or Hyattsville, MD. Virginia also have a few locations. Just factor in the commute in horrible DC traffic and that we must be at school by 8am everyday. Good luck!

See you guys in August!!!
I have been looking for a thread for Howard!!! By the way, when did you guys interview? I interviewed back in Novemer 15th.

Did you guys receive an acceptance package from Howard? The one that has the orientation information and start date of the class, and etc.?

1. PCrooks
2. Dentalishus
3. UFtitletown
4. jishu1

1. PCrooks
2. Dentalishus
3. UFtitletown
4. jishu1
5. ddsbrazil

Hey everybody :)
I'm so glad I found this forum. I've also been accepted to the dent class of 2012 and I am so excited. I'm from NC and I cannot wait to meet you all in DC! Oh, and is there a facebook group set up yet?
TTYL

So I got my welcome packet from Howard today. Its mostly housing information for the Towers, paperwork for physical and such. It didn't say anything about the first day of class or orientation though.

So I got my welcome packet from Howard today. Its mostly housing information for the Towers, paperwork for physical and such. It didn't say anything about the first day of class or orientation though.

hm... so no one knows when our first day is..
when do you guys plan on moving to D.C?

Where do you guys plan on living? on (the towers) or off campus?

does any1 know if they are still interviewing or how many spots they have left? im in the waitlist....

Where do you guys plan on living? on (the towers) or off campus?

Hey Jishu
I think I want to live off campus. I mean, the towers seem really convenient but I think the website said that you have to share a kitchen and a bathroom...I'm not sure though so please correct me if I'm wrong. If you don't have to share those areas I'd probably live there but I hate sharing a bathroom.

I dont want to share living areas either and in the packet they sent me, if you dont want to share the towers are just as expensive as living in an apartment. I think a one bedroom was like $1300 or so. I am in the process of shopping around. I found one bedroom for a little under a grand (utilities included). I guess it depnds on if you want the convenience of living within walking distance or just having your own space.

does any1 know if they are still interviewing or how many spots they have left? im in the waitlist....

They interviewed today 2/22. However, I don't how many spots are actually left.

They interviewed today 2/22. However, I don't how many spots are actually left.

well thats not good for me. i was told i was in the top 5 on the wait list, do you guys think @ howard getting off the waitlist is feasible? i know for example at VCU, the dean said that every1 on the waitlist usually gets in cuz people drop out eventually. but what do you all think about howards waitlist?

well thats not good for me. i was told i was in the top 5 on the wait list, do you guys think @ howard getting off the waitlist is feasible? i know for example at VCU, the dean said that every1 on the waitlist usually gets in cuz people drop out eventually. but what do you all think about howards waitlist?

I say hang in there. I think you have a really good chance. Have you called to see when they are going to make a decision for those on the waitlist?

Hi everyone,
I'm so happy to be part of the Howard family.....and excited about moving to the East Coast. However, as many of you, I am still worried about finding a safe and nice area to live in.
I am seriously considering flying over there and check out some apartments way in advance, so I'll be sure to let you all know what I found.

From what I've heard, living on campus is of course really convenient, however some students complain because they feel trapped in school. I've never lived so close to school before, so I'll have to think about that. A friend that lives close by has mentioned that Arlington Virginia is a really safe area, but there were not many listings on the housing info I received from school. It would be nice to be close to other fellow students.

Anyway, see you all in August!!! :)

1. PCrooks
2. Dentalishus
3. UFtitletown
4. jishu1
5. ddsbrazil
6. DrPrettySmiles
7. AidaBolena

nope - i called today, the admissions committee meeting is set for tomorrow so I should know tomorrow what is really good

are any of you guys planning to take you car to howard

1. PCrooks
2. Dentalishus
3. UFtitletown
4. jishu1
5. ddsbrazil
6. DrPrettySmiles
7. AidaBolena
8. sexyblack9993

Hey I am so excited . I was accepted on november 30 and I interviewed on nov 19. I cant wait to meet all of you in august. I recieved my package and I dont want to live in the towers:-(
user_offline.gif