Official, "I don't have a single Interview yet" Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Yup, definitely still waiting on interview invites from some of my top choices. I've been complete as long as 80 days with some, as little as 25 with others. I thought that I had really good numbers, but I'm just grinning through rejections and unchanged status pages.
Hang in there folks.

Members don't see this ad.

I just got my first two invites today at Emory and MCG! I'm so happy!

This has to be the week, I feel it:luck:...then again the process has made me deranged...

Members don't see this ad :)
medic2doctor08- complete in August/September with 20 schools. 3 DO acceptances NO MD interview invites... WTF! :(
Viciouz - Complete at all schools from early September or before. Received a few screened secondaries and am hoping they turn into invites (30+ schools):(
silverlining1 - complete ranging from 9/3 to not complete yet
CGuy07
Candlestick Man
killinsound
utahjazz- Complete at most schools by mid October. Still waiting on some slow snail-mail ones whose secondaries I submitted in September (and they cashed my checks!) and some screening schools I sent back this month
dally1025
scholarken
da me ka don
zdralej
funky
SoFlaKnight -AMCAS verified-Late July/MCAT scores received-Sept. 19th/Told by my school's Pre-Health office that my committee letter wouldn't be complete till mid-November so I rescinded and sent out LOR and completed secondaries late September/Remaining school's (UF, FSU, Loyola, Rochester and Wake Forest) complete early to mid October.
JAD2121
xeulee- Complete ranging from early to mid October
Chunkybruin
pharmy614
Kryptodoc
jae9970
surstar :scared:
jumpman1234 - complete late sept/early oct, still working on loyola...their secondary sux!
PseudomonasPAO1 - Complete late Sept/early Oct.
LoveBeatles-Complete earlySept to MidOct (1 DO interview. No MD
MedFool24 - Complete at most schools in August/Early Sept

thegold91 -Complete starting october 11th.....not having an interview = driving me crazy

medic2doctor08- complete in August/September with 20 schools. 3 DO acceptances NO MD interview invites... WTF! :(
Viciouz - Complete at all schools from early September or before. Received a few screened secondaries and am hoping they turn into invites (30+ schools):(
CGuy07
Candlestick Man
killinsound
utahjazz- Complete at most schools by mid October. Still waiting on some slow snail-mail ones whose secondaries I submitted in September (and they cashed my checks!) and some screening schools I sent back this month
dally1025
scholarken
da me ka don
zdralej
funky
SoFlaKnight -AMCAS verified-Late July/MCAT scores received-Sept. 19th/Told by my school's Pre-Health office that my committee letter wouldn't be complete till mid-November so I rescinded and sent out LOR and completed secondaries late September/Remaining school's (UF, FSU, Loyola, Rochester and Wake Forest) complete early to mid October.
JAD2121
Chunkybruin
pharmy614
Kryptodoc
jae9970
jumpman1234 - complete late sept/early oct, still working on loyola...their secondary sux!
thegold91 -Complete starting october 11th.....not having an interview = driving me crazy
SKB MD 2B - complete mid October

Maybe USC will continue giving out invites today... ::fingers crossed::

CGuy07
Candlestick Man
killinsound
dally1025
scholarken
zdralej
funky
JAD2121
Chunkybruin
pharmy614
Kryptodoc
jae9970

Took out my name. First interview invite at state school. Extremely excited for like 5 mins, then after that....uuugh the low ultimate low. lol. Waiting for my first acceptance. :oops:

medic2doctor08 - complete in August/September with 20 schools. 3 DO acceptances NO MD interview invites... WTF! :(
CGuy07
Candlestick Man
killinsound
dally1025
scholarken
zdralej
funky
JAD2121
Chunkybruin
pharmy614
Kryptodoc
jae9970

removing my name, jus got invited to RFU :)...hope the rest of you hear back soon :luck:

berkeleyvala- mainly complete late late august and early september...still actually have 3 secondaries that i haven't done for a month. 0 invites.

jumpan- stats and complete date please?

medic2doctor08 - complete in August/September with 20 schools. 3 DO acceptances NO MD interview invites... WTF! :(
Candlestick Man
killinsound
dally1025
scholarken
zdralej
funky
JAD2121
Chunkybruin
pharmy614
Kryptodoc
jae9970

Members don't see this ad :)
Candlestick Man
killinsound
dally1025
scholarken
zdralej
funky
JAD2121
Chunkybruin
pharmy614
Kryptodoc
jae9970

The :luck: helped. Good luck everyone!

Candlestick Man
killinsound
dally1025
scholarken
zdralej
funky
JAD2121
Chunkybruin
pharmy614
Kryptodoc
jae9970
psychotropic-Complete from October 9 to 16 (all MD)

I know I haven't been complete for all that long, but this is nerve wrecking.

Candlestick Man
killinsound
dally1025
scholarken
zdralej
funky
JAD2121
Chunkybruin
pharmy614
Kryptodoc
jae9970
Jad2121-complete at 22 MD schools from 9/14-10/5. Every day i think its my day...every day it is not. I have 1 rejection and 21 "under review"s wtf?

Candlestick Man
killinsound
dally1025
scholarken
zdralej
funky
JAD2121
Chunkybruin
pharmy614
Kryptodoc
jae9970
Jad2121-complete at 22 MD schools from 9/14-10/5. Every day i think its my day...every day it is not. I have 1 rejection and 21 "under review"s wtf?

Wow, all those other schools have let you know that you're under review? There are a number of schools I applied to that have just simply gone ominously silent... no word from them at all after saying I was complete.

wrongperson - complete early September, no interviews, 4 rejections :(
Candlestick Man
killinsound
dally1025
scholarken
zdralej
funky
JAD2121
Chunkybruin
pharmy614
Kryptodoc
jae9970

Candlestick Man
killinsound
dally1025
scholarken
zdralej
funky
JAD2121
Chunkybruin
pharmy614
Kryptodoc
jae9970
a41 - Complete late September. Submitted primary in July, AMCAS decided to take their sweet time with my transcripts, and only verified me mid september.

Addming myself to the list.

i cannot imagine what the prob is with you. where did you go undergrad? you will def get multiple interviews with your record.

Candlestick Man
killinsound
dally1025
scholarken
zdralej
funky
JAD2121
Chunkybruin
pharmy614
Kryptodoc
jae9970
a41 - Complete late September. Submitted primary in July, AMCAS decided to take their sweet time with my transcripts, and only verified me mid september.
blondie08- AMCAS verified late sept. complete at 13/22 schools. 1 rejection :(. obsessed with checking my email.

Candlestick Man
killinsound
dally1025
scholarken
zdralej
funky
JAD2121
Chunkybruin
pharmy614
Kryptodoc
jae9970
blondie08- AMCAS verified late sept. complete at 13/22 schools. 1 rejection :(. obsessed with checking my email.

orient03 - complete late Sept/early Oct (Secondaries completed in July-August, late committee letter)

Candlestick Man
killinsound
dally1025
scholarken
zdralej
funky
JAD2121
Chunkybruin
pharmy614
Kryptodoc
jae9970
mdHopeful08- AMCAS verified Aug.29th, 3 rejections, complete everywhere by sept. 25th, and still no word from any schools...

Hi guys...I'm a first time poster. This is the one list I did not want to be a part of (besides the rejection list of course), so here's to hoping this list disappears sooner than later.....

Hi guys...I'm a first time poster. This is the one list I did not want to be a part of (besides the rejection list of course), so here's to hoping this list disappears sooner than later.....
Welcome, and best of luck to you!

I really felt like today was gonna be the day, esp. for Miami...I think next week a lot of us will be dropping off this list...If not we just might have to start up the "Official 2007-2008 SDN Suicide Watch Thread":)

1 more week. If still nothing then I will freak out and add my name to the list.

Candlestick Man
killinsound
dally1025
scholarken
zdralej
funky
JAD2121
Chunkybruin
pharmy614
Kryptodoc
jae9970
mdHopeful08- AMCAS verified Aug.29th, 3 rejections, complete everywhere by sept. 25th, and still no word from any schools...

:luck:

GOOD LUCK GUYS. Hang in there.

I feel F@cked. I mean all I get is rejections when everyone else gets interviews and acceptances. Yes my MCAT is $hit but I mean its not that bad...
And I really don't want to go to the one school I have an interview from (D.O.) I went there and I aint going to fit in there. Pomona is not safe and I have no street smarts.

Life sucks!
I was complete in early-mid September.

I feel F@cked. I mean all I get is rejections when everyone else gets interviews and acceptances. Yes my MCAT is $hit but I mean its not that bad...
And I really don't want to go to the one school I have an interview from (D.O.) I went there and I aint going to fit in there. Pomona is not safe and I have no street smarts.

Life sucks!

Hey, at least you got an interview at a school that accepts most of the people that interview. Pomona isn't that bad, either. I lived there for two years and it was fine, and it's only half an hour to LA. Look at the bright side!

I mean all I get is rejections when everyone else gets interviews and acceptances.
This is not true. There are so many applicants who have heard nothing yet.

I was talking to some Stanford med students today, and a couple of them didn't even submit the AMCAS until a couple weeks before the deadline. I have heard many stories of people interviewing late (March, April) and getting acceptances. It really seems too early to stress out like this. Good luck!

urfstarj;5765769]wrongperson - complete early September, no interviews, 4 rejections :(
Candlestick Man
killinsound
dally1025
scholarken
zdralej
funky
JAD2121
Chunkybruin
pharmy614
Kryptodoc
jae9970
Karen12345-AMCAS verified mid July, complete everywhere by mid August, waiting to hear.

Pretty much everyone in this thread, from what I've seen, has stats and EC's that most schools would be happy to have...plus the majority of us are not socially ******ed-No more negativity, we're gonna get in one way or another ...This is the week(unless it's next week, or the next...):D:thumbup:

Candlestick Man
killinsound
dally1025
scholarken
zdralej
funky
JAD2121
Chunkybruin
pharmy614
Kryptodoc
jae9970
Karen12345-AMCAS verified mid July, complete everywhere by mid August, waiting to hear.
dondon complete mid sep - no answers yet )=

Pretty much everyone in this thread, from what I've seen, has stats and EC's that most schools would be happy to have...plus the majority of us are not socially ******ed-No more negativity, we're gonna get in one way or another ...This is the week(unless it's next week, or the next...):D:thumbup:
Yay! Thanks!

Candlestick Man
killinsound
dally1025
scholarken
zdralej
funky
JAD2121
Chunkybruin
pharmy614
Kryptodoc
jae9970
Wurangblang AMCAS verified sep 11th, completed 9/13 - 10/10, 2 rejections, 1 hold, CA res, 7 on VR.

To those posters who received interviews after January - what were, roughly, your stats?

With my record, I feel like I'm going to be one those kids not hearing back until Jan-May..Hopefully invites : )

Life sucks!

"street smarts" LOL. Pomona is not that bad, and most students live in nearby cities, not in Pomona itself. the combination of your kind of below avg gpa with the below avg mcat makes it a little difficult for you. but give it some time, you have only been complete a month.

"street smarts" LOL. Pomona is not that bad, and most students live in nearby cities, not in Pomona itself. the combination of your kind of below avg gpa with the below avg mcat makes it a little difficult for you. but give it some time, you have only been complete a month.

I actually lived in Pomona and commuted to Claremont (probably the opposite of the people you were talking about). I did so because my place was right on the 10 and 57 and I spend a lot in Orange County in LA so I preferred the convenience. It wasn't as nice as my place in Newport but it was fine. Pomona isn't that dangerous and the only street smarts you need is not to walk around 3rd street or Mission after midnight. +pity+

killinsound
dally1025
scholarken
zdralej
funky
JAD2121
Chunkybruin
pharmy614
Kryptodoc
jae9970
Wurangblang AMCAS verified sep 11th, completed 9/13 - 10/10, 2 rejections, 1 hold, CA res, 7 on VR.

If you ever hear Candlestick Man moan and complain again - meet him with righteous indignation. Good luck all.

Candlestick Man
killinsound
dally1025
scholarken
zdralej
funky
JAD2121
Chunkybruin
pharmy614
Kryptodoc
jae9970

njmed AMCAS verified Oct 3rd. Only 7 schools complete (10/19 - 10/28)

killinsound
dally1025
scholarken
zdralej
funky
JAD2121
Chunkybruin
pharmy614
Kryptodoc
jae9970
Halloweenie-complete late sept-mid oct. 5 rejections. 1 pre-int hold. loud, obnoxious crickets. that's all i hear. :(

Well, I'm not on your list, but I'd like to say that it took about 6 weeks to get my first interview (that's six weeks after my applicaiton was complete), so don't loose heart! Also, remember that things get busier and busier about this time of year and most applicants are submitting and completing applications about this time. I am with many of you still waiting. I still haven't heard from the other six schools I applied to.

Well, I'm not on your list, but I'd like to say that it took about 6 weeks to get my first interview (that's six weeks after my applicaiton was complete), so don't loose heart! Also, remember that things get busier and busier about this time of year and most applicants are submitting and completing applications about this time. I am with many of you still waiting. I still haven't heard from the other six schools I applied to.
I appreciate the encouragement :) However, I've been complete for up to 8 weeks... Ah well, I'm not worried yet :cool:

i was complete at many schools as early as early september but i still dont have a single invite yet :(

Candlestick Man;5772014]wrongperson - complete early September, no interviews, 4 rejections :(
killinsound
dally1025
scholarken
zdralej
funky
JAD2121
Chunkybruin
pharmy614
Kryptodoc
jae9970
Halloweenie-complete late sept-mid oct. 5 rejections. 1 pre-int hold. loud, obnoxious crickets. that's all i hear.

Interview at USF!!!! Woohooo

I narrowly avoided adding my name to that list. But I only have one interview thus far... I better really impress them.

killinsound
dally1025
scholarken
zdralej
funky
JAD2121
Chunkybruin
pharmy614
Kryptodoc
jae9970
Halloweenie-complete late sept-mid oct. 5 rejections. 1 pre-int hold. loud, obnoxious crickets. that's all i hear.
aimsz88- complete at most schools since mid to late september. three rejections (GW, GT, UMD) and one pre-interview hold (PSU but yeah right that's a rejection) and waiting...