Official, "I don't have a single Interview yet" Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

viciouz

WesternU 2013
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
This is a support thread for those who don't have a single interview yet while others have gotten multiple acceptances. I am literally about to freak out soon unless I know there are others out there who are in my exact same shoes.

Add you name to the list and then delete it when you get your first interview.

Viciouz

Members don't see this ad.

I'm totally in the same boat! I'm not at the point where I'm worried, but I'm VERY antsy. I've been complete for a little over a month at some places, recently complete at others. (I don't think I'm complete yet at UCSF.)

silverlining1
Viciouz

I feel your pain...hang in there I'm sure things will turn around :luck:

Members don't see this ad :)
I only have one interview, but I've been complete everywhere for about a month now, so I'm freaking out as well.

silverlining1
Viciouz
CGuy07

I only have one interview, but I've been complete everywhere for about a month now, so I'm freaking out as well.

silverlining1
Viciouz
CGuy07
.... I absolutely don't mean to be evil, but this is a support thread for people with no interviews. I think there's a pretty big difference between having no interviews (read: still missing a critical step to getting into med school) to having 1 interview (read: some small chance to get into med school). :p

not a single interview. I completed half early september, a fourth two-three weeks ago, and the rest... still waiting for LORs (and nothing from UCSF). I'm keeping positive by the fact of no rejections and late MCAT scores (9/19 release). Anyway, I'm having a glass of wine - a toast! to an invite for all on this thread, tomorrow.

peace

silverlining1
Viciouz

CGuy07
Candlestick Man

What if a person has only one interview, blows that interview, gets rejected. Can that person be on here? This didn't happen to me btw ... yet.

i will join this group after 10 more days...

silverlining1
Viciouz

CGuy07
Candlestick Man
killinsound
utahjazz

Although I did apply late, so I'm not complaining (yet. :) )

.... I absolutely don't mean to be evil, but this is a support thread for people with no interviews. I think there's a pretty big difference between having no interviews (read: still missing a critical step to getting into med school) to having 1 interview (read: some small chance to get into med school). :p

When it's all said and done, you'll have at least 1 California acceptance, but why don't you add harvard and penn? there are no essays to write for those schools.

OK, fine. Since you are making a list. I am only complete at one school and have no interviews. The ONLY reason is because one LOR writer has completely screwed me and I am waiting on my backup to pull through (hopefully this week!!!) This whole experience has me pretty :mad:! I never thought LORs would be the hardest part of this whole process. The only reason I am complete at one school (OSU) is because they don't require LORs to be in to be complete. This has been a very stressful and frustrating ordeal, and frankly I am appalled and completely dumbfounded that a professor would simply not take the time to write a 10 minute LOR and send them out. Asked her in February!! (she offered, actually). She keeps saying she's working on them. What the hell does that mean? I finally gave up on her and got someone else to do it. Seriously considering writing a letter of complaint to her and her dean after I am far enough along in this process that she can't flame me anymore. Totally unprofessional and inconsiderate, not to mention a potential waste of my year if my backup does not pull through and I have no letter.

That is a pretty horrible.. Is that prof. a humanities professor? My science profs seem to know the process and sent them out very quickly, but my history professor, necessary for some schools, inexplicably sent one in to a school with an early deadline, then said he couldn't send the rest until after a publishing date late October. wtf, is he writing a different letter to each school? I sent pre-stamped evelopes...

Anyway nothing as bad as your experience. I could only hope that prof. doesn't understand about rolling admissions or something. my sympathies.

Members don't see this ad :)
When it's all said and done, you'll have at least 1 California acceptance, but why don't you add harvard and penn? there are no essays to write for those schools.
Thanks for the input, but I described in my MDapps "blog" that I am staying in California for family and scholarship reasons. :)

silverlining1
Viciouz
CGuy07
Candlestick Man
killinsound
utahjazz
dally1025

That is a pretty horrible.. Is that prof. a humanities professor? My science profs seem to know the process and sent them out very quickly, but my history professor, necessary for some schools, inexplicably sent one in to a school with an early deadline, then said he couldn't send the rest until after a publishing date late October. wtf, is he writing a different letter to each school? I sent pre-stamped evelopes...

Anyway nothing as bad as your experience. I could only hope that prof. doesn't understand about rolling admissions or something. my sympathies.

Actually, she is what is supposed to be our pre-med committee at our school. I have put down on all my secondaries that we don't have a pre-med committee (which, in reality, we don't, because it's really just her, not a committee, and she is not reliable.)

OK, fine. Since you are making a list. I am only complete at one school and have no interviews. The ONLY reason is because one LOR writer has completely screwed me and I am waiting on my backup to pull through (hopefully this week!!!) This whole experience has me pretty :mad:! I never thought LORs would be the hardest part of this whole process. The only reason I am complete at one school (OSU) is because they don't require LORs to be in to be complete. This has been a very stressful and frustrating ordeal, and frankly I am appalled and completely dumbfounded that a professor would simply not take the time to write a 10 minute LOR and send them out. Asked her in February!! (she offered, actually). She keeps saying she's working on them. What the hell does that mean? I finally gave up on her and got someone else to do it. Seriously considering writing a letter of complaint to her and her dean after I am far enough along in this process that she can't flame me anymore. Totally unprofessional and inconsiderate, not to mention a potential waste of my year if my backup does not pull through and I have no letter.

Your point that the professor is an inconsiderate prick stands, however, I would hope that those who write letters of recommendations would take a little more than 10 minutes to write.

Your point that the professor is an inconsiderate prick stands, however, I would hope that those who write letters of recommendations would take a little more than 10 minutes to write.

Ok, I'll revise it to, "an insignificant portion of her life between February and today, which could have been done this summer and forgotten about."

Everyone here is from Cali ...:(

We get screwed!!

ok guys, if i've been complete since 10/01, when should i expect an interview? look at the list of places i applied

so i don't have to excessively check my mail/email everyday

Honestly?!?! I have been complete everywhere on my list (save for RFU and Drexel because of complications) since Aug 13-29...and I have JUST NOW (ie yesterday for the most part) started to hear back from anyone! Due to the relative 'lateness' of your apps getting in, please realize that it will likely be a few months at least before you hear back from the majority. You have amazing stats, so you may start to get offers rolling in toward the end of the month, but a lot of schools do look at applications in the order they receive them, so everyone that turned it in before you will have to be reviewed first.

I know it is hard to accept, but as a person that has been waiting for two months already, know that it wont happen in a week or two! All offices are completely overwhelmed and at their busiest right now. Try to stay sane, sit back and dont stress, and good luck!

ok guys, if i've been complete since 10/01, when should i expect an interview? look at the list of places i applied

so i don't have to excessively check my mail/email everyday

First week of November? I really wouldn't sweat it though... you'll do well.

Hang in there guys. Last year I didn't recieve a single interview until January. I was complete in all schools three months prior. If you have the stats the interview invites will come. Half the classes of most Medical schools fill up b/t oct-Jan. the other half is from Jan.-first day of classes.

Hang in there guys. Last year I didn't recieve a single interview until January. I was complete in all schools three months prior. If you have the stats the interview invites will come.

Ditto, I got one invite in January (after being complete months earlier), one acceptance, and here I am. Don't freak out yet guys....I'd say March/April is late to be interviewless, but October definately does not qualify....keep the faith!

:luck:

Ditto, I got one invite in January (after being complete months earlier), one acceptance, and here I am. Don't freak out yet guys....I'd say March/April is late to be interviewless, but October definately does not qualify....keep the faith!

:luck:

Thanks for sharing. It's always comforting to hear reassuring stories form people who have succeeded. You too Kappy.

silverlining1
Viciouz
CGuy07
Candlestick Man
killinsound
utahjazz
dally1025
scholarken

Ok, guys let's all get off this list!
Our goal is to get rid of this list. :thumbup:

This is a support thread for those who don't have a single interview yet while others have gotten multiple acceptances. I am literally about to freak out soon unless I know there are others out there who are in my exact same shoes.

Add you name to the list and then delete it when you get your first interview.

Viciouz

did u apply to osteopathic schools as well? that could be an option. I'm definitely thinking about it :)

thank you for starting a thread like this!!!

good to know I'm not alone

The Vanderbilt interview is not an auto-invite. They review your entire AMCAS before they invite you. UM/Pitt invite you the second you submit your AMCAS because of stats. That's what an auto-invite is, or state schools that invite all in-state applicants.

viciouz, you've got to share your stats. Even if the rest don't have interviews, at least they've got some secondaries from the UCs. Where are ours? <sobs>

silverlining1
Viciouz
CGuy07
Candlestick Man
killinsound
utahjazz
dally1025
scholarken
nehcmij86
zeus22

Guess I will add my name to this list, I have been complete at several schools once I received my new MCAT scores on 9/12 and have not heard anything yet. I have a few schools where I am not complete yet and I am still waiting on a secondary from a few schools that screen. I check my e-mail constantly hoping something will come during the day, but unfortunately nothing yet. Talk about a slow painful torture.

silverlining1
Viciouz
CGuy07
Candlestick Man
killinsound
utahjazz
dally1025
scholarken
nehcmij86
da me ka don

silverlining1
Viciouz

CGuy07
Candlestick Man
killinsound
utahjazz
dally1025
scholarken
nehcmij86
da me ka don

zdralej

I really have no hopes cause of my ridiculously low mcat

all the best to u all,
:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

silverlining1
Viciouz
CGuy07
Candlestick Man
killinsound
utahjazz
dally1025
scholarken
nehcmij86
da me ka don

zdralej
funky

Didnt want to be part of this list
Good Luck all :luck:

silverlining1
Viciouz
CGuy07
Candlestick Man
killinsound
utahjazz
dally1025
scholarken
nehcmij86
da me ka don

zdralej
funky
SoFlaKnight

Word is UMiami and USF will let me know sometime this week...
Good luck to all, I'm anxious to check back and see who gets an interview(s):luck:

did u apply to osteopathic schools as well? that could be an option. I'm definitely thinking about it :)

NO I did not... I am beginning to think I should have. O well If I don't get in this cycle... then I will apply again next cycle for both MD and DO schools.

Complete a month this Friday at most schools, complete recently at others...still waiting for a few. Haven't heard a word :cool:

silverlining1
Viciouz
CGuy07 :confused:
Candlestick Man
killinsound
utahjazz
dally1025
scholarken
nehcmij86
da me ka don

zdralej
funky
SoFlaKnight
fuzzball

I'm going on vacation from SDN until this situation improves. Good luck to everyone. :luck:

silverlining1
Viciouz
Candlestick Man
killinsound
utahjazz
dally1025
scholarken
nehcmij86
da me ka don

zdralej
funky
SoFlaKnight
fuzzball
JAD2121

I die inside a little bit every day

I liked SDN when we were all in the same boat ( no acceptance time), but now I am trying to avoid it...yet so addictive....

:(

silverlining1
Viciouz
Candlestick Man
killinsound
utahjazz
dally1025
scholarken
nehcmij86
da me ka don
zdralej
funky
SoFlaKnight
fuzzball
JAD2121
xeulee

Hopefully we will all get off soon.

It's a new day... maybe there will be good news today.

I've got this feeling that my first invite is coming this week... boy, I hope it's true.

Count me in, wow

silverlining1
Viciouz

Candlestick Man
killinsound
utahjazz
dally1025
scholarken
nehcmij86
da me ka don
zdralej
funky
SoFlaKnight
fuzzball
JAD2121
xeulee
Chunkybruin

silverlining1
Viciouz
CGuy07
Candlestick Man
killinsound
utahjazz
dally1025
scholarken
nehcmij86
da me ka don
zdralej
funky
SoFlaKnight
fuzzball
JAD2121
xeulee
Chunkybruin
Psychotropic

I was just recently complete at the schools I applied to due to one last desperation attempt to achieve a competitive MCAT score. Yay for being late.

silverlining1
Viciouz
CGuy07
Candlestick Man
killinsound
utahjazz
dally1025
scholarken
nehcmij86
da me ka don
zdralej
funky
SoFlaKnight
fuzzball
JAD2121
xeulee
Chunkybruin
Psychotropic

keys (and i was complete end of july!)

silverlining1
Viciouz
CGuy07
Candlestick Man
killinsound
utahjazz
dally1025
scholarken
nehcmij86
da me ka don
zdralej
funky
SoFlaKnight
fuzzball
JAD2121
xeulee
Chunkybruin
Psychotropic
keys
monkily_stealth
but to cheer people up a bit, I got 4 interviews last year, and my first invite came in late october

silverlining1
Viciouz
CGuy07
Candlestick Man
killinsound
utahjazz
dally1025
scholarken
nehcmij86
da me ka don
zdralej
funky
SoFlaKnight
fuzzball
JAD2121
xeulee
Chunkybruin
Psychotropic
keys
monkily_stealth
but to cheer people up a bit, I got 4 interviews last year, and my first invite came in late october

Were all 4 interviews turned into waitlists for you?

I was also complete at the end of July for all schools.