Official "I hate my job and wanna start school now" Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sctx

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I don't know about all of you, but my job is really getting on my nerves. :smuggrin: I know school will be super-stressful:mad:, but at least it's stuff I find interesting. And I can pick what I wear to school, which I can't do now. I find myself short-tempered and less able to suffer fools, and I got gallons of them here! Anyone else tired of their jobs/school/life and eager to start over and start school?:D

Join in the rant!:luck:

Members don't see this ad.

YES!

I'm SOOOOO sick of this place. I would quit today if I didn't need the health insurance for my wife and kid.

I liked the job I had BEFORE I started working here. But I hate it here, and knowing I'll be moving for school in a few months doesn't help me stay focused any.

**sigh** can I be the poster child for this rant campaign? If I have to tell one more family about the studies I consent for.... :scared: I can barely get myself out of bed in the morning to get here and I feel bad that it's starting to show. I spend most of my day on g-chat or SDN and get some work done in between if I can afford the time :laugh:

I am so ready to get out of here - 11 weeks as of tomorrow til my quit date :oops:

Members don't see this ad :)
It rains everyday in Oregon, it is not uncommon to not see the sun for 60-90 days straight

I am moving to Florida to go to school......need I say more

**sigh** can I be the poster child for this rant campaign? If I have to tell one more family about the studies I consent for.... :scared: I can barely get myself out of bed in the morning to get here and I feel bad that it's starting to show. I spend most of my day on g-chat or SDN and get some work done in between if I can afford the time :laugh:

I am so ready to get out of here - 11 weeks as of tomorrow til my quit date :oops:

ha, i feel ya. i do data management on clinical trials for cancer. and i am in charge of like...a gazillion studies. every once in awhile i actually learn something at least. but i just want to go back to school. unfortunately, i still need to get accepted somewhere.

I like my jobs, but not as much as school. In fact, I can't remember the last time I went to school without having to work too. This is going to be awesome.

I like my jobs, but not as much as school. In fact, I can't remember the last time I went to school without having to work too. This is going to be awesome.

Part of junior high (had a paper route but parents kept the money) and part of high school.

Yes. It will be awesome.

Well I actually enjoy having this time at home with my kids and there will be many tears, at least on my end, when it comes time to take them to daycare. However, I cannot freakin' wait to be done with my MPH degree!! I'm having such a hard time being motivated. :(

With all the time you've spent at home, and a childhood in the 80's, and you don't even know the significance of "1.21 Gigawatts"?

I work construction where they call me 'hey you' half the time. I touch up after they scratch the walls and fill nail holes with putty. I HATE MY JOB and can't wait to be back in school again!!!!

Yeah, I'm getting really sick of my job too! :(:thumbdown:sleep:

Countdown: 86 days!!!! :D

With all the time you've spent at home, and a childhood in the 80's, and you don't even know the significance of "1.21 Gigawatts"?

I don't get it. Somebody draw me a picture?

Members don't see this ad :)
I can't wait to quit my job. Only about 4 months left. Yay. It's OK EEL, I didn't get 1.21 gigawatts either. :D

I don't get it. Somebody draw me a picture?

DocBrown.jpg

Well now I do! I've seen that movie but I didn't remember the reference. Maybe because I'm in denial that my hair would remind anyone of that movie. :oops:

Just to get you riled up some more TT, I still haven't watched the original Die Hard. :smuggrin:

But I have watched Enchancted three times since we rented it a few days ago. ;)

is anyone else indifferent about starting school?

I don't know about you EEL, but this 80s child's brain has been rotted away with reality TV.

I cannot wait to be back in school and not having to answer to my government masters. Having a government client as a contractor can suck out your soul. They are paid twice what you are, they know half as much, and they can't even respond to their own emails. I would love to see the daily schedule for these guys. I picture it like this:

9:00 - Come into work and get coffee
10:00 - Make it to the desk
11:00 - Open email program and forward all unread messages to contractor so that the contractor can respond to them for the government worker
11:15 - Lodges pencil in ear
12:15 - Swears because pencil is still in ear and they can't use the phone
12:55 - Realizes they can't leave for lunch because they will look silly with pencil in ear so they just yank really hard until it comes out
1:00 - Lunch
2:30 - Come back from lunch and rest
3:30 - Complain to contractor that there is not enough time to get things done and forwards more email for the contractor to respond to
4:15 - Realizes the monthly reports are due at the close of business today and calls contractor to assign the reports to them
4:20 - Leaves office so that they won't hit the rush on the metro home

At the last conference we had to facilitate for our clients, not one government worker knew what the acronym of the conference stood for. That was after a six month process in which they all participated in 10 meetings. It really feels good to have to pay taxes to support these guys while doing their job for them. I am ready to go back to school.

Oh and they get every other friday off

I don't know about you EEL, but this 80s child's brain has been rotted away with reality TV.

Yes I definitely agree. Ahhh but the 80s was a great decade. :love:

Yes I definitely agree. Ahhh but the 80s was a great decade. :love:

I was soo mad when my radio station cancelled retro 80's at 8:00! That was a great decade!

Amen...just.....Amen

I definitely miss the 80s. I don't know it just seemed so fun and innocent and patriotic. That probably made no sense but I'm proud to be an 80s child for sure.

I don't so much HATE my job...in fact there are still times when I truly LOVE it! Unfortunately, they're getting fewer and further between!
I'm SO past ready to goto school! I got accepted back in October and its been such a long trudge of getting things done so...I'm ready to start!

Nate.

Oh...and I hate the 80s...glad that I've blocked out most of my memories of that period of life!

If you hate the 80's, you just don't remember this:

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGuhZvO1DKg[/YOUTUBE]

I cannot freakin' wait to be done with my MPH degree!! I'm having such a hard time being motivated. :(

Me TOO!!! I have been so unproductive this semester. Thesis? What thesis??? :laugh:

the 80's. Oh my. I was home for Easter and looked through my jr. high yearbooks. LMFAO at my hair. Mall hair to the extreme.

Anyway, yeah, I'm ready to quit the job. July 31 will be my last day, and it couldn't come soon enough. The problem is there are no other SLPs in the area so my referral sources are going to whine when I quit. I could do without that.

Me TOO!!! I have been so unproductive this semester. Thesis? What thesis??? :laugh:

Oh I'm so glad I didn't go the thesis route! I would have been really unmotivated for that. Epi students have the choice between the thesis or comp exam and I went with the exam. Took and passed it in October so now all I have to do is not get below a C in any of my three classes and I'm graduating baby!! Did I mention you are all invited? :D

Oh I'm so glad I didn't go the thesis route! I would have been really unmotivated for that. Epi students have the choice between the thesis or comp exam and I went with the exam. Took and passed it in October so now all I have to do is not get below a C in any of my three classes and I'm graduating baby!! Did I mention you are all invited? :D

Nice, I wish we could just take an exam!! They didn't give us an option, maybe that's why I'm just pretending the thesis doesn't exist :D Congrats on passing your exam though, and I'm sure you'll have no problem passing the rest of your classes....now you just have to count down til graduation day!

Print this thread and turn it in as your thesis.

Haha nice. They'd be like, um, I don't see any data analysis in here....then they'd toss my degree out the window into the Hudson.

Nice, I wish we could just take an exam!! They didn't give us an option, maybe that's why I'm just pretending the thesis doesn't exist :D Congrats on passing your exam though, and I'm sure you'll have no problem passing the rest of your classes....now you just have to count down til graduation day!

I really loved that option! It's hard because my classes just aren't that interesting, with the exception of one, but I still can't wait until graduation day!! I have two papers and a presentation I will need to work on at some point but I have no desire currently. :thumbdown:

Sheesh-- I have a ~40 page report due for work... and I haven't made all of my home visits. Here I come Dunkin to get this done already... And I need to time my cases just right so I turn in my last one a few weeks before school starts... hmmm

and btw, the 80's rock :horns:

Someone obviously didn't watch Reading Rainbow....

Reading Rainbow was ruined for me when Levar(?) showed up on Star Trek with the weird headband over his eyes.

Haha! Okay, seriously, did you steal my identity or something? ;) You have just described my entire job situation, down to the fact that I too have 11 weeks left! Yayyy

How about the Great Spacecoaster???

Someone obviously didn't watch Reading Rainbow....

I guess you're right! I can, and do in order to annoy others, still sing the Reading Rainbow song, along with Mr Rogers, Picture Pages, Pinwheel, 3-2-1 Contact, and others. My brain was rotten a long time ago. :laugh::laugh:

I guess you're right! I can, and do in order to annoy others, still sing the Reading Rainbow song, along with Mr Rogers, Picture Pages, Pinwheel, 3-2-1 Contact, and others. My brain was rotten a long time ago. :laugh::laugh:

hehehe.... my husband always complains that he gets the Monchichi jingle stuck in his head. I just youtubed it for him to refresh his memory a bit.

For me, I was just reminiscing about Today's Special, Thundercats, Foofur, Johnny Quest (anything Hanna Barbara), KI, Small Wonder, etc! We didn't get cable in the early 80's but when we did, I sure made the most of it and watched the premium shows too!

hehehe.... my husband always complains that he gets the Monchichi jingle stuck in his head. I just youtubed it for him to refresh his memory a bit.

For me, I was just reminiscing about Today's Special, Thundercats, Foofur, Johnny Quest (anything Hanna Barbara), KI, Small Wonder, etc! We didn't get cable in the early 80's but when we did, I sure made the most of it and watched the premium shows too!

:laugh: Earlier when I was reading this thread I looked at my daughter and said "Thunder thunder thunder thunder cats!!" She probably thought I was a little on the loopy side. I did love Small Wonder. :love:

I found out yesterday that they are making a live-action GI Joe movie. This will be hard to **** up.

The guy who played the ninja with the double light saber in phantom menace is snake eyes.

As a full-time EMT and full-time student, I just can't wait until the day when I'm only doing one of them at a time, preferably med school. I better get in first time around to DO, because those damn Carib match lists looked fairly tempting (no DO vs. Carib discussion here, please).