**Official Interview/Acceptance/Rejection Thread 2011-2012**

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I got an invite to Midwestern today, probably going to schedule for 9/27. Do you hear from Case through email? I applied there too and my last LOR was just submitted last Friday so that is why I think my app was a little delayed. Thanks and good luck everyone!

Members don't see this ad.

:eek: How many people does Case interview? Case is one of my top choices but my app won't be there until tomorrow. I should have applied earlier...

well seems like everyone on sdn got an interview but me...oh well but according to adea they interview 286 last year and almost all got accepted...

Members don't see this ad :)
If those who are receiving interviews wouldn't mind sharing their stats I'm sure everyone would appreciate it!! Thank youu

well seems like everyone on sdn got an interview but me...oh well but according to adea they interview 286 last year and almost all got accepted...

You're not the only one out there! I applied to Case and Midwestern and haven't gotten an invite from either school. I'm starting to worry a little bit.

I mailed on 6/27 and also did not get an invite to interview.

Ive got the case interview on aug 15 and i was wondering if anyone knew how the train from the airport to downtown works its a little bit confusing. thanks for any help

wow CASE filled up fast...my interview is on Sept 21. ahhhhhhhhhh so excited! and so scared for my bank account

Yeah it did...I was pretty excited to get an interview in before schools starts...but so much for that. By the time I called they were already filled up till late September.

herrooo
for those with case interview, congrats and question. Any of u with 7/4 mailing date? kthnxbai

What exactly is filled up at Case?

I think they are referring to Interview date slots. Mine is 08/18 so I am pretty excited for that.

Anybody interviewing at Case on Aug 18th?

I think they are referring to Interview date slots. Mine is 08/18 so I am pretty excited for that.

Anybody interviewing at Case on Aug 18th?

Interview date slots for.... August & September? pre-December?

herrooo
for those with case interview, congrats and question. Any of u with 7/4 mailing date? kthnxbai

I think I saw someone with a 7/4 mailing date got invited for case interview on SDN, but most are 6/27 mailing date.

I am wondering if case send out application completed e-mail or you just kind of sit and wait for an interview e-mail?

Members don't see this ad :)
For all the people getting interviews, has anyone's "school decisions" on AADSAS changed yet?

For all the people getting interviews, has anyone's "school decisions" on AADSAS changed yet?

nope. it still says "there is no decision information available"

I am wondering if case send out application completed e-mail or you just kind of sit and wait for an interview e-mail?

I didn't get an application completed email.

I was in the 7/4 batch and offered an interview.

Im so confused.I was in the first batch of app's and I received confirmation from Case that they had received my application both via email/regular mail. But, I haven't heard back from them either way (by the looks of it, it might be a rejection...but still shouldn't they let me know?!) Such a tease:rolleyes:...lol
Anyone in the same boat?

I am applying to 13 schools and only University of Florida is actually on "school decisions" section of aadsas.

I'm in the same situation. It's making me sweat! XP

So for all of you Case interviewees can you post your DAT scores. I am on DAT hold but am confused since I have a 20 AA and 3.82 science GPA

I just go invited for an interview at Houston this morning

So for all of you Case interviewees can you post your DAT scores. I am on DAT hold but am confused since I have a 20 AA and 3.82 science GPA

same here...do you have a low RC? that did it for me :mad:

When did you get your application in? I only took my DATs a little over a week ago, so I think I'm a little behind, but just curious what the timelines for the Texas schools are like.

Got a rejection from Indiana today :(

3.85 overall, 3.75 science, 19/19/19

not sure why the rejection was really quick, should I call to ask them why I did not get interviewed?

Are you an Indiana resident?

Would you mind posting your complete DAT scores?

not sure why the rejection was really quick, should I call to ask them why I did not get interviewed?

Well my book tells me that Indiana has a min of 17 AA/TS cut off... and also a 16 in all other areas.

Did you fall within that category?

But yeah... call and let us know.

Congrats! That's the only Texas school I haven't heard anything from yet.. Have you heard from San Antonio or Baylor yet?

Are you an Indiana resident?

Would you mind posting your complete DAT scores?

No I am an Illinois resident
21OC
19GC
19BIO
20RC
19PAT
18QR

Well my book tells me that Indiana has a min of 17 AA/TS cut off... and also a 16 in all other areas.

Did you fall within that category?

But yeah... call and let us know.

I didn't fall within that category, and I'll call Monday

How do you know whether to got rejected??? I thought that if schools dont want you, they won't email you about interview or anything..... ... forever

How do you know whether to got rejected??? I thought that if schools dont want you, they won't email you about interview or anything..... ... forever

That depends. I got UCSF's rejection letter within a month of sending in secondaries (so that's like...they get the letter out in Sept?)

Most dental schools are nice enough to give you rejection letters starting Feb of next year till end of June. (Aren't like medical schools <--- you don't hear anything from most medical schools)

Apparently it is true that penn sends snail mail for everything :(

Did you receive a rejection or are you sad that you have to wait longer to hear back? Why the sad face?

Last edited:
That depends. I got UCSF's rejection letter within a month of sending in secondaries (so that's like...they get the letter out in Sept?)

Most dental schools are nice enough to give you rejection letters starting Feb of next year till end of June. (Aren't like medical schools <--- you don't hear anything from most medical schools)
That's nice I guess. I would rather get a rejection letter than wonder what happens!

On a side note,
on AADSAS DAT score section, I wonder schools read it and wait till new DAT score is arrived.

I retook DAT this summer, one of my sections skyrocketed from 5 percentile to 80 percentile.

I have called schools to make sure that they don't determine my admission based on that, but still. It worries me.... :( :( :(

Is anyone applying to Tufts or UAB and has heard back from them?

Also got rejected from Indiana...

23AA/24TS 3.82 OGPA, 3.77 SGPA

no individual section under 20

Congrats! That's the only Texas school I haven't heard anything from yet.. Have you heard from San Antonio or Baylor yet?

No i havent heard from either one yet, i hope to hear from them soon though

Last edited:
When did you get your application in? I only took my DATs a little over a week ago, so I think I'm a little behind, but just curious what the timelines for the Texas schools are like.

I submitted my application may 20th but i didnt take my dat until june 28th, it took like 2 and a half weeks for tmdsas to get my scores