You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
**Official Interview/Acceptance/Rejection Thread 2013-2014**
Started by Glimmer1991
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
School:University of Minnesota
Notification date:8/12/13
Method of notification:Email
Residency:CA
AADSAS mail-out date:first batch (forgot date)
GPA (science, overall):3.78, 3.73
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17):22/21/18/20/none
second interview =]
Notification date:8/12/13
Method of notification:Email
Residency:CA
AADSAS mail-out date:first batch (forgot date)
GPA (science, overall):3.78, 3.73
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17):22/21/18/20/none
second interview =]
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
DenTony11235
School: LECOM
Notification date: 08/12
Method of notification: LECOM portal
Residency: NY
AADSAS mail-out date: 3rd batch
Application complete date: 07/12
GPA (science, overall): 3.27, 3.48
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/21/24 nope
First interview, feelsgood.jpg 🙂
Notification date: 08/12
Method of notification: LECOM portal
Residency: NY
AADSAS mail-out date: 3rd batch
Application complete date: 07/12
GPA (science, overall): 3.27, 3.48
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/21/24 nope
First interview, feelsgood.jpg 🙂
School: LECOM
Notification date: 08/12
Method of notification: LECOM portal
Residency: NY
AADSAS mail-out date: 3rd batch
Application complete date: 07/12
GPA (science, overall): 3.27, 3.48
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/21/24 nope
First interview, feelsgood.jpg 🙂
Congrats bro!
School: VCU
Notification date: 8/12/13
Method of notification: email
Residency: VA
AADSAS mail out date: 7/12
Application complete: 7/24
GPA (science, overall): 3.93, 3.94
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below 17): 21/21/20/21/no
So excited!!!! 🙂
Notification date: 8/12/13
Method of notification: email
Residency: VA
AADSAS mail out date: 7/12
Application complete: 7/24
GPA (science, overall): 3.93, 3.94
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below 17): 21/21/20/21/no
So excited!!!! 🙂
D
DenTony11235
Congrats bro!
Thank you my man
Did you already schedule your interview?
Should I be worried? No interviews yet.
Residency: California
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/5/13 (2nd batch)
Application complete date: 6/5/13
GPA (science, overall): 3.56 /3.66
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17):20/21/23/20/NA
Residency: California
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/5/13 (2nd batch)
Application complete date: 6/5/13
GPA (science, overall): 3.56 /3.66
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17):20/21/23/20/NA
Should I be worried? No interviews yet.
Residency: California
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/5/13 (2nd batch)
Application complete date: 6/5/13
GPA (science, overall): 3.56 /3.66
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17):20/21/23/20/NA
It's probably not time to worry... But, for you, it is about time to be anxious.
Did you already schedule your interview?
Not sure if you're asking me or not lol, but I called and scheduled my VCU interview for Sept. 10th- they only offered two dates, both Tuesdays.
Should I be worried? No interviews yet.
Residency: California
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/5/13 (2nd batch)
Application complete date: 6/5/13
GPA (science, overall): 3.56 /3.66
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17):20/21/23/20/NA
No, not yet, if you are in the same position in few months then you can start worrying.
Yes, I think anxious is the right word. It is just a long waiting game.Currently I am retaking one of the the prereqs. The class finishes on Friday. I hope for good news for everyone soon.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Should I be worried? No interviews yet.
Residency: California
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/5/13 (2nd batch)
Application complete date: 6/5/13
GPA (science, overall): 3.56 /3.66
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17):20/21/23/20/NA
I don't think so... it seems like the majority of schools haven't begun sending out invites, especially for applicants with average stats. Am I correct?
I don't think so... it seems like the majority of schools haven't begun sending out invites, especially for applicants with average stats. Am I correct?
So do they only invite the best and work their way down from there? I thought it was a rolling process.
I called today around 1 and got the voicemail and haven't gotten a call back. Thanks, good luck on your interview!
I wouldn't worry about it- when I called earlier Mrs. Tweedy sounded really surprised that I wanted to schedule an interview and put me on hold for a long time... I don't think anyone told her that interview invites went out LOL
I called today around 1 and got the voicemail and haven't gotten a call back. Thanks, good luck on your interview!
School:University of Minnesota
Notification date:8/12/13
Method of notification:Email
Residency:CA
AADSAS mail-out date:first batch (forgot date)
GPA (science, overall):3.78, 3.73
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17):22/21/18/20/none
second interview =]
yeshh congrats kt! hard work + fate pays off eh?

So do they only invite the best and work their way down from there? I thought it was a rolling process.
Rolling admission does not mean people with low(er) stats get interviews because they applied early. At least that's what I understand. Schools seem to choose ppl with better applications for early interview dates ( hopefully followed by ppl with average and lower stats).
Right after my SA interview finished lol
School: Houston
Notification Date: 8-12-13
Method of Notification: Email
Residency: Texas (IS)
TMDSAS Complete: 5/20
Application Mailout: 5/21
GPA (S/O): 3.88/3.93
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/RC): 26/25/22/23
School: Houston
Notification Date: 8-12-13
Method of Notification: Email
Residency: Texas (IS)
TMDSAS Complete: 5/20
Application Mailout: 5/21
GPA (S/O): 3.88/3.93
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/RC): 26/25/22/23
School: LECOM
Notification date: 8/12/13
Method of notification: Portal
Residency: CA
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/5
Application complete date: 7/30
My first (and hopefully not my last) one! Im super excited!
Notification date: 8/12/13
Method of notification: Portal
Residency: CA
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/5
Application complete date: 7/30
My first (and hopefully not my last) one! Im super excited!
Right after my SA interview finished lol
School: Houston
Notification Date: 8-12-13
Method of Notification: Email
Residency: Texas (IS)
TMDSAS Complete: 5/20
Application Mailout: 5/21
GPA (S/O): 3.88/3.93
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/RC): 26/25/22/23
Wow thats awesome! Congrats!!! Can you share how the SA interview went? Was it relaxed? What is your perception of the school?
Right after my SA interview finished lol
School: Houston
Notification Date: 8-12-13
Method of Notification: Email
Residency: Texas (IS)
TMDSAS Complete: 5/20
Application Mailout: 5/21
GPA (S/O): 3.88/3.93
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/RC): 26/25/22/23
Woahh congrats!
Wow thats awesome! Congrats!!! Can you share how the SA interview went? Was it relaxed? What is your perception of the school?
SA was totally not what I expected. Since it was my first interview I was expecting something more formal and scary; however SA was very chill and very friendly. Everywhere you walked everyone smiled at you. They truly just want to get to know you. To give you an example my interviewer made me sit in his boss seat while he sat in the student seat! Interviews are only as scary as you make it, but idk if the same can be said for Baylor or Houston. Hopefully the other two schools are as relaxed as SA!
D
DenTony11235
my interviewer made me sit in his boss seat while he sat in the student seat!
LOL. Total bro.
I don't know how much this applies but a girl I knew was telling me about her interview for a DO med school. She said she was surprised that the interview was a quick 5 minutes with very generic questions that very briefly summarized who she was. How long was your interview? What kind of questions did they ask?
She interviewed late, so maybe her case was different with interviewers being not so picky anymore.
LOL. Total bro.
I don't know how much this applies but a girl I knew was telling me about her interview for a DO med school. She said she was surprised that the interview was a quick 5 minutes with very generic questions that very briefly summarized who she was. How long was your interview? What kind of questions did they ask?
She interviewed late, so maybe her case was different with interviewers being not so picky anymore.
For SA it was two one-on-one interviews-one with a D3/4 student and another with a faculty member each lasting for about 15 minutes. The interview with the student was as casual as you can get. It was like speed dating or meeting with an old friend for coffee and asking how their life's been..minus the coffee and in a dental room. The one with the falculty was more formal and behind the desk style. They asked generic questions like why dentistry, why you, why our school and questions focusing more on your app and essay. I didn't really practiced much or prepared solid answers..I just winged it lol. I probably could've done better but all in all, make sure you can string together a conversation and speak like a normal human being and you should be fine. Remember if they invited you for an interview, they are confident that you are more than capable to become a dentist, but are you interesting and confident enough to speak like one?
Last edited:
Remember if they invited you for an interview, they are confident that you are more than capable of become a dentist, but are you interesting and confident enough to speak like one?
This 👍
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For SA it was two one-on-one interviews-one with a D3/4 student and another with a faculty member each lasting for about 15 minutes. The interview with the student was as casual as you can get. It was like speed dating or meeting with an old friend for coffee and asking how their life's been..minus the coffee and in a dental room. The one with the falculty was more formal and behind the desk style. They asked generic questions like why dentistry, why you, why our school and questions focusing more on your app and essay. I didn't really practiced much or prepared solid answers..I just winged it lol. I probably could've done better but all in all, make sure you can string together a conversation and speak like a normal human being and you should be fine. Remember if they invited you for an interview, they are confident that you are more than capable of become a dentist, but are you interesting and confident enough to speak like one?
Sounds fairly relaxing! What time were the interviews at, and what time did you get done with the entire day?
Sounds fairly relaxing! What time were the interviews at, and what time did you get done with the entire day?
Quite the opposite if you let your stress get to you! Usually 8-9AM to 3-4PM depending on the school. Does the interview time really matter? You're gunna get interviewed that day no matter what 😛 haha Keep a positive attitude, smile and be courteous to everyone and the day should go by quickly.
Just got an invite for Midwestern Arizona about 20 minutes ago. I'm sure others will see there's when they wake up!
For people who got the MWUAZ invites, when did you guys get the application complete emails from them? I got mine last wednesday and still no news from them.
August 7th
School: Ohio State
Notification Date: 8-13-13
Method of Notification: Call
Residency: (OOS)
AADSAS Complete: 06/04
Application Mailout: First Batch
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/RC): 20/20/20/21
Notification Date: 8-13-13
Method of Notification: Call
Residency: (OOS)
AADSAS Complete: 06/04
Application Mailout: First Batch
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/RC): 20/20/20/21
Last edited:
August 7th
August 7 for me too
Yeah I received mine August 7th also. I hope I'll be hearing from them soon🙂
School: NYU
Notification Date: 8-2-13
Method of Notification: Email
Residency: Michigan
Application Mailout: 6/28
GPA (S/O): 4.0/4.0
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/RC): 21/20/23/24
Notification Date: 8-2-13
Method of Notification: Email
Residency: Michigan
Application Mailout: 6/28
GPA (S/O): 4.0/4.0
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/RC): 21/20/23/24
second invite!
School: U Mich
Notification date: 08-12-13
Method of notification: Email
Residency: NY
AADSAS mail-out date: 2nd Batch
School: U Mich
Notification date: 08-12-13
Method of notification: Email
Residency: NY
AADSAS mail-out date: 2nd Batch
School: U Mich
Notification date: 8/13
Method of notification: Email
Residency: Utah
AADSAS mail-out date: July 5th
GPA (science, overall): 3.58/3.71
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 24/25/23/24/na
Stoked.🙂
Notification date: 8/13
Method of notification: Email
Residency: Utah
AADSAS mail-out date: July 5th
GPA (science, overall): 3.58/3.71
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 24/25/23/24/na
Stoked.🙂
3rd interview woohooooo!!! so excited
School: Michigan
Notification date: August 13
Method of notification: email
Residency: AR
AADSAS mail-out date: July 26
Application complete date: August 2
GPA (science, overall): (3.80, 3.84)
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/21/18/20/16QR
School: Michigan
Notification date: August 13
Method of notification: email
Residency: AR
AADSAS mail-out date: July 26
Application complete date: August 2
GPA (science, overall): (3.80, 3.84)
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/21/18/20/16QR
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
School: Univ of Michigan
Notification date: August 13
Method of notification: Email
Residency: OOS midwest!
AADSAS mail-out date: everything mailed by July 26
Application complete date: July 26
GPA (science, overall): 3.4, 3.58, grad 4.0
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/19/24/25/none
Notification date: August 13
Method of notification: Email
Residency: OOS midwest!
AADSAS mail-out date: everything mailed by July 26
Application complete date: July 26
GPA (science, overall): 3.4, 3.58, grad 4.0
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/19/24/25/none
Last edited:
3rd interview woohooooo!!! so excited
School: Michigan
Notification date: August 13
Method of notification: email
Residency: AR
AADSAS mail-out date: July 26
Application complete date: August 2
GPA (science, overall): (3.80, 3.84)
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/21/18/20/16QR
congrats
congrats
thanks man. appreciate it. db got it too
3rd interview woohooooo!!! so excited
School: Michigan
Notification date: August 13
Method of notification: email
Residency: AR
AADSAS mail-out date: July 26
Application complete date: August 2
GPA (science, overall): (3.80, 3.84)
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/21/18/20/16QR
Running up the score!
Similar threads
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 78K
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 1K
Interviewing
Touro Class of 2031 Interview/Acceptance Thread
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 2K
