**Official interview invite/ rejection/ acceptance thread: 2010-2011 cycle**

Started by dunkind
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

For those of you who have received interview invites to Marquette and have scheduled them, have you received a confirmation email yet? I called a few days ago and confirmed my interview for October 20th but haven't received a confirmation yet. 😕
 
Has anyone who received a Univ of Michigan invite for Oct 15th received a confirmation back from the school? I confirmed it the day I received it and have heard back nothing as of yet.

Nevermind! Just received it! Maybe posting on here helped things along...

Has anyone received an invite from Harvard, Tufts, etc....hurries to check inbox...
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Did anyone else confirm their BU interview date through email, and not receive a response? I'm wondering if I should call...
 
Just received my first response from a school and it was a .... rejection. Indiana hates me 🙁

Hey the first two responses I received were both rejections (and to top it off I got both of them while on vacation lol). Then I waited for over a month to hear anything. I finally got an interview and I am certain you will as well. Don't fret!

Also, thanks to all you lovely SDNers for the congrats. I really appreciate it!
 
For those of you who have received interview invites to Marquette and have scheduled them, have you received a confirmation email yet? I called a few days ago and confirmed my interview for October 20th but haven't received a confirmation yet. 😕


I received an interview invite on wed of this week and scheduled that day and I still haven't received the confirmation email. I'm going to call this afternoon to see what the deal is.
 
Hey the first two responses I received were both rejections (and to top it off I got both of them while on vacation lol). Then I waited for over a month to hear anything. I finally got an interview and I am certain you will as well. Don't fret!

Also, thanks to all you lovely SDNers for the congrats. I really appreciate it!

Thanks for the boost! I was actually pretty bummed out today but I decided to apply to Tennessee and replace Indiana! I applied to 17 more schools as well (really trying to get in).

I recently retook my DAT and got a AA20/TS19/PA20. My GPA however is on the low side at 3.4o/3.0sc.

If you guys could message me your advice / suggestions / comments on my chance of acceptance it would be great (don't want to lead this thread of topic)
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
:O congrats!
whats your mailing date? and did u ever recieve an app complete email? are u instate?
and congrats to you tooo jsizzle!!

Hello dentaly,

My mailing date was 7/16 and my application was complete on 7/30. I'm not an in-state applicant and I received this invitation through e-mail. Please feel free to ask me if there's any other information you need.
 
For those of you who have received interview invites to Marquette and have scheduled them, have you received a confirmation email yet? I called a few days ago and confirmed my interview for October 20th but haven't received a confirmation yet. 😕

Hmm.. I called on the 15th and got a confirmation e-mail later that day... I would probably try calling if I were you!
 
Interview Invites:

Indiana: on wait list for fall date (received one week ago)
USC: Oct 6 (received today)
Loma Linda: Oct 7 (received one week ago)
Case: March 31 (received one week ago)
Midwestern AZ: Jan 12 (received monday)

Mailing Date: 7/30

Washington State Resident

Does anyone know when Tufts starts giving out invites?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Got an interview invite from Case in the mail. When I called to schedule it, their earliest available date wasn't until April of next year 😱
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just got a snail mail from USC, wanted some feedback what it means:

"This is to bring you up to date on the status of the processing of your applications to the USC school of dentistry. Your application has completed the preliminary review and will remain under consideration until the class is finalized in early august."

Does this mean I didn't qualify for an interview and that my application is held for continuing review? Anyone else get the snail from USC? Just wondering because people with lower stats than I have received interviews. Any thoughts?
 
Just got a snail mail from USC, wanted some feedback what it means:

"This is to bring you up to date on the status of the processing of your applications to the USC school of dentistry. Your application has completed the preliminary review and will remain under consideration until the class is finalized in early august."

Does this mean I didn't qualify for an interview and that my application is held for continuing review? Anyone else get the snail from USC? Just wondering because people with lower stats than I have received interviews. Any thoughts?

I got that last year. It was because I applied with a really bad DAT score. I think they were waiting for me to retake but I couldn't for some reasons so I decided to apply again this cycle with an improved score. I got the rejection in may.
 
I got this email from Univ of Maryland today. Kind of interesting.

Thank you for applying to the University of Maryland Dental School. An initial review of your AADSAS application indicates that you are re-applying to our dental program. The Committee on Dental Recruitment and Admissions has requested that you summarize any additional steps you have taken to prepare yourself for dental school in deciding to re-apply for the 2011 admissions cycle.
Please email your reply to [email protected]. We will look forward to receiving your response.
Thank you for your application to the University of Maryland Dental School.


They have my updated scores and everything that I have done over the past year is all included in the AADSAS application that I submitted. Has anyone else seen this email? I tried calling the school to ask if they needed any specific information from me and the lady pretty much stated what was in the email. I guess I will just type up a summary of my improved dat scores, improved coursework, and all of the dental related activities I have been involved with over the past year.



Any advice?
 
hey,

quick questions:

I got an interview invite to Midwestern AZ for the month of JAN. Does that mean I am interviewing for a wait list position?

also,

Are there any SDNers that have received a UOP interview invite from instate (CA)? or are most out of state?

Thanks
 
Last edited:
I got that last year. It was because I applied with a really bad DAT score. I think they were waiting for me to retake but I couldn't for some reasons so I decided to apply again this cycle with an improved score. I got the rejection in may.

Same here. My DAT was not the best and they gave me the same letter and a final rejection in April.

I think it means that passed on your for now unless you change something in your application.

Doesn't the letter say to keep them updated with new course grades and new DAT scores and...

I am looking at your stats and it looks good to me. Why don't you call them next Monday ?

I hate getting a snail mail in Canada because you know it is a bad news and you have to wait for it almost 3 weeks. I have a feeling there is one coming from USC for me this Month.