You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
**Official interview invite/ rejection/ acceptance thread: 2010-2011 cycle**
Started by dunkind
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Is anyone in the same boat as me regarding Case?
Mailing date 7/16
still "under review" (neither rejected nor invited yet)
got the admission packet in the mail
below 3.5 o&sGPAs
21AA/20TS
I've been waiting for my mailman to bring me the good mail from Case everyday..
This is painful.
Mailing date 7/16
still "under review" (neither rejected nor invited yet)
got the admission packet in the mail
below 3.5 o&sGPAs
21AA/20TS
I've been waiting for my mailman to bring me the good mail from Case everyday..
This is painful.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Is anyone in the same boat as me regarding Case?
Mailing date 7/16
still "under review" (neither rejected nor invited yet)
got the admission packet in the mail
below 3.5 o&sGPAs
21AA/20TS
I've been waiting for my mailman to bring me the good mail from Case everyday..
This is painful.
I'm in the same mailing date and I'm in the same situation as you, but my stats are different.
shyboy, how long did it take to show up as "under review" after your mailing date?
Is anyone in the same boat as me regarding Case?
Mailing date 7/16
still "under review" (neither rejected nor invited yet)
got the admission packet in the mail
below 3.5 o&sGPAs
21AA/20TS
I've been waiting for my mailman to bring me the good mail from Case everyday..
This is painful.
For those of you who have applied to Midwestern AZ/IL and have received invites to interview or rejections how long ago did you submit your secondary application? I submitted mine 7/23 and haven't heard anything yet other than their: Why Midwestern? emails.
shyboy, how long did it take to show up as "under review" after your mailing date?
Mine changed on July 23rd...
and no good news from them since then.
I haven't heard of any interview invites from Midwestern (IL). I spoke with admissions at IL and they explained that the IL and AZ schools are on completely different schedules regarding interviews. When I spoke to her, which was July 28, she confirmed that no interview invites had been sent out for IL. Anyone else hear anything, specifically regarding MWU-IL?
Mine changed on July 23rd...
and no good news from them since then.
Thanks shyboy!
I guess mine will be updated later this week or next week 😀
I haven't heard of any interview invites from Midwestern (IL). I spoke with admissions at IL and they explained that the IL and AZ schools are on completely different schedules regarding interviews. When I spoke to her, which was July 28, she confirmed that no interview invites had been sent out for IL. Anyone else hear anything, specifically regarding MWU-IL?
Well the only thing I received from MWU IL is the small snail mail that stating I meet their minimum requirement and ask to fill their supplemental application. After that... Nothing 😳
I just got an interview invite to Midwestern AZ. I'm scheduled for the Sept. 20th spot. If anyone else has the same let me know!
Mailing date: 7-30-2010
Mailing date: 7-30-2010
I just got an interview invite to Midwestern AZ. I'm scheduled for the Sept. 20th spot. If anyone else has the same let me know!
Mailing date: 7-30-2010
After reading this i went to Midwesterns supplemental and clicked interview scheduling and saw that i was invited for one also!!!! How did they inform you? To all of you who are waiting to hear from Midwestern be sure to check the supplemental app often!

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
hey thanks for the tip. i just got an interview from midwestern AZ too
to the above poster...they state that confirmation will be sent through email
has anyone heard from midwestern IL on the other hand?
MrHappyTooth and Denticles11
Are you guys from AZ ? Can I ask you what was your GPA and DAT score approximately?
Denticles- thanks for the heads up just got an interview invite via their website, have not heard anything through e-mail.
i got conformation of the interview i scheduled for sept 14th but nothing saying "congrats you received an interview", maybe in the mail? yes i'm from az. DAT 20/21/20 aa/ts/pat with a 24 rc/16 qr, 3.5 gpa.
After reading this i went to Midwesterns supplemental and clicked interview scheduling and saw that i was invited for one also!!!! How did they inform you? To all of you who are waiting to hear from Midwestern be sure to check the supplemental app often!![]()
OMG!!! I received the invite too!!! lol they didn't even received my second DAT 😀
I scheduled mine for Monday 27th Morning! See you guys there!
Congrats to people who were invited!
BTW it's MWU AZ not IL 😀
OMG!!! I received the invite too!!! lol they didn't even received my second DAT 😀
I scheduled mine for Monday 27th Morning! See you guys there!
Congrats to people who were invited!
october or september? if its october i think i'll end up joining u
october or september? if its october i think i'll end up joining u
Haha I was too excited that I forgot to mention it is September! 😛
I just want MWU AZ to be my first interview because it is the closest d-school from my home 😀
schen you haven't scheduled your interview yet?
Where are each of you from that heard back? Are you all Arizona residents?
hmm 27th would work for me, like i said, im pretty free, but id like an answer to your earlier question, would it behoove us to interview earlier? Also, what percentage of interviewers get accepted at midwester az? predents doesnt seem the most accurate.
although its somewhat inconvenient for me I chose the earliest interview date they had just because I feel like the earlier the better, but thats just me I have no idea whether it makes a difference or not. I would also like to know the percentage of acceptances, does anyone have the ADEA book on hand?
According to the ADEA book, last year there were 3,199 applicants, 436 were interviewed and 68 were enrolled at MWU-AZ.
i would guess the rate of being offered acceptance is between 1/4th and 1/5th of all interviewees. that 68 is the number enrolled, but its probably double that who actually recieved offers
thanks toothbrite. also to answer ur question, im from CA. but my aadsas mailing was 7/16, so its possible u havent heard back yet if u were in a later mailing date
thanks toothbrite. also to answer ur question, im from CA. but my aadsas mailing was 7/16, so its possible u havent heard back yet if u were in a later mailing date
According to the ADEA book, last year there were 3,199 applicants, 436 were interviewed and 68 were enrolled at MWU-AZ.
The numbers interviewed sound correct, but I believe their are around 110 seats at the school...
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Not a problem schen140. Thanks for answering my question. I didn't send out my supplemental application until July 22nd and I'm from Michigan so I may have to wait a few more days to hear anything. The 68 enrolled does sound a little bit off to me too, I even had to look over the page twice when I read it. Hmm...
Sept 14th interview for midwestern, AZ
anybody else?
September 14th as well!
My mailing date was july 2nd, submitted secondary for MWU by July 17.... but LORs were complete Aug 1st, didn't get interview invite today... am i rejected? 🙁
My mailing date was july 2nd, submitted secondary for MWU by July 17.... but LORs were complete Aug 1st, didn't get interview invite today... am i rejected? 🙁
Your guess is as good as any of ours.
Stay positive! There's still hope!




I haven't heard anything yet either, from any school 🙁
I am in the same boat 🙁My mailing date was july 2nd, submitted secondary for MWU by July 17.... but LORs were complete Aug 1st, didn't get interview invite today... am i rejected? 🙁
to vcudental/mrbeans/toothbrite, keep ur heads up, no response doesnt necesarily mean rejection
sometimes schools will give out the first round of interviews to people who have stats at a certain cutoff...after priority is given to them, they will start giving interviews to ppl with lesser stats
i know this from talking to admissions ppl at uop...they give out the first batch of interviews to ppl who's dat scores are at least above 20 in each section, and after that they will look at ppl with sub 20 scores. theres probably some exceptions involved, but that is what they told me
im guessing that if u guys have scores more on the low end of competitiveness, u will eventually get those interviews but u will get them a bit later on. so its a waiting game, have patience
sometimes schools will give out the first round of interviews to people who have stats at a certain cutoff...after priority is given to them, they will start giving interviews to ppl with lesser stats
i know this from talking to admissions ppl at uop...they give out the first batch of interviews to ppl who's dat scores are at least above 20 in each section, and after that they will look at ppl with sub 20 scores. theres probably some exceptions involved, but that is what they told me
im guessing that if u guys have scores more on the low end of competitiveness, u will eventually get those interviews but u will get them a bit later on. so its a waiting game, have patience
to vcudental/mrbeans/toothbrite, keep ur heads up, no response doesnt necesarily mean rejection
sometimes schools will give out the first round of interviews to people who have stats at a certain cutoff...after priority is given to them, they will start giving interviews to ppl with lesser stats
i know this from talking to admissions ppl at uop...they give out the first batch of interviews to ppl who's dat scores are at least above 20 in each section, and after that they will look at ppl with sub 20 scores. theres probably some exceptions involved, but that is what they told me
im guessing that if u guys have subpar scores, u will eventually get those interviews but u will get them a bit later on. so its a waiting game, have patience
thanks bro, i just really want to go to TW with you guys T_T
Nice! I saw the glut of posts about MWU-AZ and just checked. For those of you signed up for Sept 14 - I'll see you there!
Thanks 🙂 That definitely makes sense. I was notified of my Indiana and Case Interview Invites a few days after everyone else on SDN it seems. Thanks for the input!to vcudental/mrbeans/toothbrite, keep ur heads up, no response doesnt necesarily mean rejection
sometimes schools will give out the first round of interviews to people who have stats at a certain cutoff...after priority is given to them, they will start giving interviews to ppl with lesser stats
i know this from talking to admissions ppl at uop...they give out the first batch of interviews to ppl who's dat scores are at least above 20 in each section, and after that they will look at ppl with sub 20 scores. theres probably some exceptions involved, but that is what they told me
im guessing that if u guys have scores more on the low end of competitiveness, u will eventually get those interviews but u will get them a bit later on. so its a waiting game, have patience
ahh i still havent submitted my supplementals for midwestern yet!! 🙁
i'll hopefully submit them by tomorrow
for the people who submitted them for midwestern IL and AZ..
the questions are almost the exact same with the exception of why do you wish to attend MWU IL / AZ... did you all use the same answers for both? what about for the question about why you wish to attend their specific school?
the first question i used the same answer because it asks about yourself so youre the same person at either school but i made different answers for the "why you wish to attend this school" question because although they are both a part of midwestern everything seems different just by looking at their websites
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
thanks bro, i just really want to go to TW with you guys T_T
np, and yeah we are looking to expand our tourist group haha
thanks bro, i just really want to go to TW with you guys T_T
VCU it is still early so don't lose your hope! I submitted my secondary last week... so they are pretty quick.
Congratulation
What is a Snail Mail ?
haha, kidding right? us postal service!
OMG!!! I received the invite too!!! lol they didn't even received my second DAT 😀
I scheduled mine for Monday 27th Morning! See you guys there!
Congrats to people who were invited!
You said they didn't recieve your second DAT? What was the DAT score that they offered you an interview with?
Congrats🙂
Similar threads
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 78K