Official Interview Invites for the c/o 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

squirrelsrule

Ohio State CVM c/o 2016!
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ohio State: squirrelsrule (email 10/14)

Members don't see this ad.

I know, I was shocked when I got the email :). A few others have gotten invites too!

Members don't see this ad :)
Ohio State: squirrelsrule (email 10/14), CoatofManyColor (email 10/14)

So exciting! When are the interviews?

That's good they give you several weeks' notice. You'll have time to prepare and relax. Good luck!

Aww, I remember doing all this! Congrats and goodluck, everyone! Time will fly and you'll be on SDN instead of studying for your histology exam in NO TIME!

November 12th is the first interview date at Ohio State. There are also a bunch in December, but I am going to the early date :).

Ohio State: squirrelsrule (email 10/14, I 11/12, IS), CoatofManyColor (email 10/14, I 11/12, IS)

CoatofManyColor, I just guessed that you were IS, feel free to change it if you are not. Congrats to both of you and good luck at your interviews!

Ohio State: squirrelsrule (email 10/14, I 11/12, IS), CoatofManyColor (email 10/14, I 11/12, OOS)

Members don't see this ad :)
congrats!!! i've been waiting for this tread to start!! :D

whoa that's fast! congratulations!

Congrats to you both, squirrels and coat!! I remember this time from last app cycle where I kept watching everyone get invites/acceptances from the schools I chose...nervewracking!!

Ohio State: squirrelsrule (email 10/14, I 11/12, IS), CoatofManyColor (email 10/14, I 11/12, OOS), mulletsarelove (email 10/14, I 11/12 OOS)

Florida: mulletsarelove (phone call 10/20)

Really? The southern schools don't normally let you know about interviews until January/February...and Florida has like NEVER dont phone calls for interview notifications or acceptances. Unless Jonathan has changed this whole procedure greatly, this just doesn't seem right.

ETA: If it's for real, congrats! I'm jealous that you guys are going to hear earlier than we did in previous years.

Really? The southern schools don't normally let you know about interviews until January/February...and Florida has like NEVER dont phone calls for interview notifications or acceptances. Unless Jonathan has changed this whole procedure greatly, this just doesn't seem right.

ETA: If it's for real, congrats! I'm jealous that you guys are going to hear earlier than we did in previous years.

Haha i'm pretty sure it's for real-I got a call and then I got an email from Jonathan Orsini...although there are definitely days that I think that it's an elaborate prank that some of my friends in FL are pulling on me haha. They said they are doing a new early interview process this year for some applicants in Nov and that the rest would be completed as per usual.

Haha i'm pretty sure it's for real-I got a call and then I got an email from Jonathan Orsini...although there are definitely days that I think that it's an elaborate prank that some of my friends in FL are pulling on me haha. They said they are doing a new early interview process this year for some applicants in Nov and that the rest would be completed as per usual.

Wow I had the same reaction as Bearby. I'm so surprised that UF is doing that! I'm glad to hear they're getting the ball rolling early though. Jonathan has helped that office soooo much since he started working there. Congrats on the early interview invite and good luck!

When is your interview? I guess this means that we 2015ers will be volunteering for interview/tour help soon.

When is your interview? I guess this means that we 2015ers will be volunteering for interview/tour help soon.

I'm really surprised that nobody knew about this and nobody else has heard from them....Maybe it is all a joke! I haven't decided when I'm doing it yet but the dates they told us we could come were either a weekday option (which since I'm OOS is improbable that I'll be able to make, but sounds nicer since I'd get a good sense of campus life) on any day in the following groupings:
Monday, November 13 – Friday, November 18, 2011 · Monday, November 21 – Tuesday, November 22, 2011
· Monday, November 28 – Friday, December 2, 2011

or on Sat, Nov 19th.

Well if you got an official email from john orsini it cant be a joke.

Last edited:
Well if you got an official email from john orsini it cant be a joke.

That's what I figured!! It just feels a little too surreal for such simple rational arguments haha. I wasn't really convinced about Ohio either until a couple other people posted about it on here. It just feels like everything is happening so fast!

Congrats Mulletsarelove on the early interview invite! Things do seem to be happening so fast, but after that interview invite comes, time seems to slow way down. It feels like it's been weeks since I got my invite and the interview date will never come.

Wow congrats to everyone already and good luck with the upcoming interview!

I can't wait to hear something!

I haven't even gotten a confirmation of completed application, let alone an interview offer lol. But I guess Oregon is typically super slow with getting the news out.

Congrats to all of you that have interviews and good luck!

PVB: Note for Oregon: you've got quite a bit of time to wait. For OOSers they sent out notifications of acceptance in January-ish. And for ISers, interviews were during Jan. I think and acceptances were sent ou in February-March. Seems pretty standard.

Kick back and relax, peeps. You completed VMCAS - that's enough for now!
I haven't even gotten a confirmation of completed application, let alone an interview offer lol. But I guess Oregon is typically super slow with getting the news out.

Congrats to all of you that have interviews and good luck!

Ohio State: squirrelsrule (email 10/14, I 11/12, IS), CoatofManyColor (email 10/14, I 11/12, OOS), mulletsarelove (email 10/14, I 11/12 OOS)

Glasgow: marshmallow12

Glasgow: marshmallow12, kegra (email 10/26)

Glasgow: marshmallow12 (email 10/26), kegra (email 10/26)

oops forgot to include the email and date.. there it is

Glasgow: marshmallow12 (email 10/26), kegra (email 10/26), jos05 (email 10/27)

Glasgow: marshmallow12 (email 10/26), kegra (email 10/26), jos05 (email 10/27), yann (email 10/27)

We're almost in November, meaning some of these interviews are coming up soon! How exciting!!! Good luck to everyone interviewing, and hopefully the rest of the invites start rolling in for everyone else :luck:.

Glasgow: marshmallow12 (email 10/26), kegra (email 10/26), jos05 (email 10/27), yann (email 10/27)

KSU: DrKsomeday (email 10/31, I 12/17, IS)

Gah, Kansas has started with invites!:scared:

Congrats DrKsomeday!!

What Kansas already!! Dear goodness! There email said not untill Nov. or Dec. :scared:

Thanks! :love:
I know I was pretty surprised this morning when I checked my e-mail. It seemed a bit wrong to send out on Halloween but not as bad as an invite on April Fools day. Whatever, I'll take it!

I think it may have something to-do with the fact that I'm in-state.

I just checked last year they sent out invites Nov 8th so they are almost a week early this year. The year prior it was Nov. 4th. I've been at this awhile...:rolleyes:

Thanks! :love:
I know I was pretty surprised this morning when I checked my e-mail. It seemed a bit wrong to send out on Halloween but not as bad as an invite on April Fools day. Whatever, I'll take it!

I think it may have something to-do with the fact that I'm in-state.

Oh true, that is pretty neat. Do you know when you interview is? Good luck and keep us posted!

Oh true, that is pretty neat. Do you know when you interview is? Good luck and keep us posted!

Thanks :) Mine is in the morning on 12/17. What I've seen in the past is they interview for a number of weekends both IS and OS mixed together. Typically OS gets a pizza party the night before interviews. Also, I think they told us 330 made interviews last year and around 1300 applicants. Don't quote me though.

Iowa State: emetty90 (email 10/31, IS)

Last edited:

Florida: mulletsarelove (phone call 10/20), FancyRock (phone call 10/28, OOS)

Florida: mulletsarelove (phone call 10/20), FancyRock (phone call 10/28, OOS)

YAY someone else with a FL interview! Did they tell you what the possible interview dates were?

Congrats to everyone with interviews this seems to be happening way faster than I expected haha. :)

YAY someone else with a FL interview! Did they tell you what the possible interview dates were?

Congrats to everyone with interviews this seems to be happening way faster than I expected haha. :)

I definitely was not expecting a call this early, but I'm really excited! It definitely made my day!

Possible dates are the week before Thanksgiving week, the Monday and Tuesday of Thanksgiving week and the week following. Those are the weekday interview times. November 19 is the weekend day (8am-4pm). I don't know the weekday time slots, though.

I definitely was not expecting a call this early, but I'm really excited! It definitely made my day!

Possible dates are the week before Thanksgiving week, the Monday and Tuesday of Thanksgiving week and the week following. Those are the weekday interview times. November 19 is the weekend day (8am-4pm). I don't know the weekday time slots, though.

Oh ok so it's the same 'early interview' time slots? So exciting!!!! When do you think you'll go?