Forum Members Official: Job Offer Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Well the job search and all the interviews finally paid off. Interviewed and got an offer from a smaller hospital and clinic about 45 minutes from most of my family. 275k base pay with RVU bonus, 30k loan repayment per year, residency stipend until I finish, sign on bonus and relocation, full benefits with 401k match. Full scope, however it is not a larger metro area so I doubt I will be as busy surgically as someone with a larger draw but there is no foot and ankle ortho outside an hour away. The only downside is I do have a nursing home obligation but only one day every quarter so I can live with that for the pay and being by family.
Awesome congrats

One thing to better understand and pay attention to is the 30k loan payback. Are they paying as bonus then taxing you on it? That's how mine was. So came out to 15k a year paid back to me when I paid 20k towards loans.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Bloxxeeey
You cant really study for ABFAS didactics. Its more concepts than fact memorize and dump. Anything you study leading up to it is not likely on the exam. What you can study for is the dumb computer simulator. That you have to be prepared for.

ABFAS tests broad application knowledge. Not facts. Its much different than Part 1/2/3 APMLE boards we take as students which is fact based

Reactions: 2 users
20's are nearly gone my friend, I can't go back and this market is already rough enough, without ABFAS it's even harder. If you're not putting in 110% there's almost no chance you're going to make a decent wage.

There are hundreds if not over a thousand of podiatrists without ABFAS that are doing great. Don’t fall for the trap. Post graduation hospitals just want to know you’re planning to eventually become board cert. Residency case logs will get you on staff at hospitals. You have years until you actually need to have it and even then it can be ABPM at many places.

I got on staff at multiple hospitals having failed ABFAS board qual at the time after residency. I eventually passed it. I was a good resident. Great case logs. I just simply didn’t take the test seriously enough. It’s not worth beating yourself up over. Most people get their post residency job before they even take the exam.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Bloxxeeey
You cant really study for ABFAS didactics. Its more concepts than fact memorize and dump. Anything you study leading up to it is not likely on the exam. What you can study for is the dumb computer simulator. That you have to be prepared for.

ABFAS tests broad application knowledge. Not facts. Its much different than Part 1/2/3 APMLE boards we take as students which is fact based
And there is nothing to study for. Learn how to think. Good training should prepare you. Board wizards is amazing. I don't know if that is for qualified testing too?

Well the job search and all the interviews finally paid off. Interviewed and got an offer from a smaller hospital and clinic about 45 minutes from most of my family. 275k base pay with RVU bonus, 30k loan repayment per year, residency stipend until I finish, sign on bonus and relocation, full benefits with 401k match. Full scope, however it is not a larger metro area so I doubt I will be as busy surgically as someone with a larger draw but there is no foot and ankle ortho outside an hour away. The only downside is I do have a nursing home obligation but only one day every quarter so I can live with that for the pay and being by family.
won the podiatry lottery. Congratulations

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
IMG_5375.jpeg

Podiatry…. where you can finally make decent money when you lose your job and open a TopGolf.

View attachment 376665

Podiatry…. where you can finally make decent money when you lose your job and open a TopGolf.
Good for him finding a path. I don't know how he actually feels about podiatry but a fellowship and 6 associate years before starting your own thing is not something I could do. Sometimes I insanely feel like I missed out on something by not moving around, but most of the time I'm glad to be putting down roots.

Reactions: 1 user
Good for him finding a path. I don't know how he actually feels about podiatry but a fellowship and 6 associate years before starting your own thing is not something I could do. Sometimes I insanely feel like I missed out on something by not moving around, but most of the time I'm glad to be putting down roots.
Moving around also sucks.

Podiatrist​

Wayne General Hospital
950 Matthew Drive, Waynesboro, MS 39367

$165,000 - $210,000 a year - Full-time
Responded to 75% or more applications in the past 30 days, typically within 1 day.

Job details​

Here’s how the job details align with your job preferences.Manage job preferences anytime in your profile.
Pay
$165,000 - $210,000 a year
Job Type
Full-time
Shift and Schedule
8 hour shift
Monday to Friday

Benefits
Pulled from the full job description​

• 401(k)
  • 401(k) matching
  • Dental insurance
  • Flexible schedule
  • Flexible spending account
  • Health insurance
  • Life insurance
  • Paid time off
  • Relocation assistance
  • Retirement plan
  • Tuition reimbursement
  • Vision insurance

Responsibilities:
- Diagnose and treat foot and ankle conditions, including injuries, diseases, and deformities
- Perform surgical procedures on the foot and ankle
- Prescribe medications and other treatment modalities
- Provide education and counseling to patients on foot care and prevention measures
- Collaborate with other healthcare professionals to develop comprehensive treatment plans
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date medical records
Experience:
- Proficiency in administering injections
- Strong knowledge of podiatric medicine and surgical techniques
- Excellent diagnostic skills and ability to interpret medical tests and imaging results
- Effective communication skills to interact with patients and other healthcare professionals
Note: This job description is a general outline of duties performed by a Podiatrist. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required for the position.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $165,000.00 - $210,000.00 per year
Benefits:
  • 401(k)
  • 401(k) matching
  • Dental insurance
  • Flexible schedule
  • Flexible spending account
  • Health insurance
  • Life insurance
  • Paid time off
  • Relocation assistance
  • Retirement plan
  • Tuition reimbursement
  • Vision insurance
Schedule:
  • 8 hour shift
  • Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
  • Waynesboro, MS 39367: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)

Doubt the above job gets many quality applicants. If you are willing to live anywhere for podiatry and an organizational that might be your chance above.

This FQHC below might be less competitive than most jobs also..

Podiatrist- job post​

SWLA Center for Health Services

31 reviews
2000 Opelousas St, Lake Charles, LA 70601

Full-time

Job details​

Here’s how the job details align with your job preferences.Manage job preferences anytime in your profile.
Job Type
Full-time

SUMMARY: Individual shall function as a physician member of the health care team rendering quality medical services to all patients in accordance with appropriate standards of medical care specific for the specialty. Individual shall also function as physician of the health care team at the facility.

QUALIFICATIONS: The staff physician must be fully licensed to practice in the State of Louisiana with valid DEA license. Board eligible/Board certified in a primary care specialty. CPR certification strongly encouraged.

EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:

• Medical degree from an accredited medical school or DO degree from an approved osteopathy school.
  • Completed a residency for board eligibility; board certification preferred.
  • Current valid Louisiana medical license and DEA license.
  • Demonstrated knowledge of medical practice principles of specialty.
  • Sensitive to the needs of people of diverse cultural and economic backgrounds.
  • Must give the same level of importance to health maintenance and disease prevention as cure and restoration.
  • Must participate in Center’s provider staff meetings, general staff meetings/activities and Quality Assurance.
  • Must continue to meet appropriate standards as required by the SWLA Center for Health Services and Health Provider By-Laws.
  • Must be proficient in the use of the Centricity/ EMR and capable of creating accurate, complete medical records in a timely manner.
  • Must fulfill all NCQA, JCAHO, and SWLA Center for Health Services EMR requirements accurately and within the allowed time frames.

JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
  • Maintain patient confidentiality and patient rights
  • Display punctuality and good attendance at work
  • Work and communicate with patients to satisfy the patient expectations
  • Examine patients to determine presence of disease and to establish preventive health practices.
  • Maintain clinical tracking data for continuity of care
  • Assist the Medical Director with the planning, management and evaluation of health care delivery at the SWLA Center for Health Services
  • Provide continuous care by obtaining hospital privileges and emergency room coverage
  • Actively participate in local, state and national medical associations/societies.
  • Participate in quality assurance patient review committee
  • Records on medical record using POMR system
  • Collect appropriate data for clinical decision-making
  • Maintain current medical records
  • Develop and implement individual work plans
  • May conduct periodic formal assessments and reviews of subordinates performance
  • Promote health by advising patients concerning diet, hygiene and methods for prevention of disease
  • Participates in community education, staff in-service and committee meetings
  • Exhibit judgment to prevent delays in service provision and avoid serious adverse impact on health status of individuals
  • Participate in SWLA Center for Health Services infection control program
  • Assist in other departments/centers affiliated with SWLA Center for Health Services as needed and/or assigned
  • Serve as laboratory supervisor of the on-site clinic laboratory
  • Perform other related duties as assigned within the realm of clinical training/experience
  • Collaborate with Nurse Practitioners in the same department.

Sorry, to disappoint. Make phone calls, make your own positions.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Hmm
Sorry, to disappoint. Made a phone call yesterday, have an interview tomorrow with a hospital. This is my 3rd hospital interview, have offers from 2 already... Will discuss my offers after i accept one. All over $150K. I had a really good convo with the guy, relatively small hospital, but I feel like I vibed with the docs, looking forward to meeting them, wish me luck. I'm not a superstar, come from an ok program, my numbers are done 4-5 months into pgy2.
King Clavus for the win! Congrats.

Members don't see this ad :)
in general how do you guys feel about orthopedic groups that hire a couple podiatrists for mainly routine/wound care and elective forefoot surgeries? Do they usually pay well or is their contempt that you’re a podiatrist? This one group I spoke with told me absolutely no rearfoot/ankle which I’m ok with but it just seemed aggressive.
I would not take it personal. As a non partner it is basically the same as working for another podiatrist as an associate..... but likely better benefits and a higher base salary. Obviously if you want rearfoot don't take the job.

Also as a non partner never be shocked if you are let go regardless of how long you work there if they feel a PA could do what you do cheaper or they hire a FA Orthopod that wants forefoot also etc. Lots of decisions are made with a focus on maximizing profits for the partners. If they don't want forefoot surgery though a PA obviously could not do that.

in general how do you guys feel about orthopedic groups that hire a couple podiatrists for mainly routine/wound care and elective forefoot surgeries? Do they usually pay well or is their contempt that you’re a podiatrist? This one group I spoke with told me absolutely no rearfoot/ankle which I’m ok with but it just seemed aggressive.
RRA is over rated. Big cases big problems. Nothing wrong with pus/wounds/bunions/HTs and midfoot stuff.

The older I get the less I want anything complex. Straight out of residency I did all the hard cases. Got the RRA cert quickly but now im not overly interested in doing it (For job interviews it pays to have it - that would be a downside of this job not being able to get RRA cert).

I just wanna go home at night and not worry.

Pretty hard to worry about a bunion.

Obviously this isnt for everyone. There are people who feed off this/married to their jobs. But myself? Im already slowing down and im not that old. I would rather do 2-4 small stress free quick cases and make more wRVUs than one bigger case.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
RRA is over rated. Big cases big problems. Nothing wrong with pus/wounds/bunions/HTs and midfoot stuff.

The older I get the less I want anything complex. ...
I do everything, but it's mainly just to keep refer sources happy (earlier, it was more for my ego or to get RRA boards numbers).

I find the wounds and infect to be the seriously problematic stuff... even toe amps, basic forefoot ulcers. That leads to ER calls, inpatients, early/late cases. The patients just have bad health and generally low intelligence/compliance. In PP, wounds also leads to low or no-pay quite often.

The low/medium energy trauma and recon elective RRA (not stupid Charcot or nonsense) are actually not very problematic. I have done 4 calc fx after next week and 3 Achilles rupture now this year. Numerous bimall and de/reattach and flat foot and ankle scope/stab and etc. That is a fair bit for solo PP... I don't ask for it, but I'm fine doing those. I would much prefer that stuff to C&C snooze-fest. I didn't have to go to ER for any of them or admit any or disrupt my office very much. Sure, they pull a bit less $/hr than bunions or ingrowns or wart pts, but the RRA still pay well, esp with the associated DME. Mainly, I have pretty low level of problems with them if the timing of trauma surg and pt communication are good.

The wound/amp crap is easy AF, but it always seems to be the killer, both in time/sleep and in financial terms. I avoid it pretty well, but I wish it was an even lower % of my mix. 😇

The older I get the less I want anything complex. Straight out of residency I did all the hard cases. Got the RRA cert quickly but now im not overly interested in doing it (For job interviews it pays to have it - that would be a downside of this job not being able to get RRA cert).

I just wanna go home at night and not worry.

Pretty hard to worry about a bunion.

Obviously this isnt for everyone. There are people who feed off this/married to their jobs. But myself? Im already slowing down and im not that old. I would rather do 2-4 small stress free quick cases and make more wRVUs than one bigger case.
this is the way

King Clavus for the win! Congrats.
Yeah, I just don't get why people complain. I made 5-10 phone calls and sent about 12 emails... People don't want to do the work, to create opportunities.

Doubt the above job gets many quality applicants. If you are willing to live anywhere for podiatry and an organizational that might be your chance above.

This FQHC below might be less competitive than most jobs also..

Podiatrist- job post​

SWLA Center for Health Services

31 reviews
2000 Opelousas St, Lake Charles, LA 70601

Full-time

Job details​

Job Type
Full-time

SUMMARY: Individual shall function as a physician member of the health care team rendering quality medical services to all patients in accordance with appropriate standards of medical care specific for the specialty. Individual shall also function as physician of the health care team at the facility.

QUALIFICATIONS: The staff physician must be fully licensed to practice in the State of Louisiana with valid DEA license. Board eligible/Board certified in a primary care specialty. CPR certification strongly encouraged.

EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:

• Medical degree from an accredited medical school or DO degree from an approved osteopathy school.
  • Completed a residency for board eligibility; board certification preferred.
  • Current valid Louisiana medical license and DEA license.
  • Demonstrated knowledge of medical practice principles of specialty.
  • Sensitive to the needs of people of diverse cultural and economic backgrounds.
  • Must give the same level of importance to health maintenance and disease prevention as cure and restoration.
  • Must participate in Center’s provider staff meetings, general staff meetings/activities and Quality Assurance.
  • Must continue to meet appropriate standards as required by the SWLA Center for Health Services and Health Provider By-Laws.
  • Must be proficient in the use of the Centricity/ EMR and capable of creating accurate, complete medical records in a timely manner.
  • Must fulfill all NCQA, JCAHO, and SWLA Center for Health Services EMR requirements accurately and within the allowed time frames.

JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
  • Maintain patient confidentiality and patient rights
  • Display punctuality and good attendance at work
  • Work and communicate with patients to satisfy the patient expectations
  • Examine patients to determine presence of disease and to establish preventive health practices.
  • Maintain clinical tracking data for continuity of care
  • Assist the Medical Director with the planning, management and evaluation of health care delivery at the SWLA Center for Health Services
  • Provide continuous care by obtaining hospital privileges and emergency room coverage
  • Actively participate in local, state and national medical associations/societies.
  • Participate in quality assurance patient review committee
  • Records on medical record using POMR system
  • Collect appropriate data for clinical decision-making
  • Maintain current medical records
  • Develop and implement individual work plans
  • May conduct periodic formal assessments and reviews of subordinates performance
  • Promote health by advising patients concerning diet, hygiene and methods for prevention of disease
  • Participates in community education, staff in-service and committee meetings
  • Exhibit judgment to prevent delays in service provision and avoid serious adverse impact on health status of individuals
  • Participate in SWLA Center for Health Services infection control program
  • Assist in other departments/centers affiliated with SWLA Center for Health Services as needed and/or assigned
  • Serve as laboratory supervisor of the on-site clinic laboratory
  • Perform other related duties as assigned within the realm of clinical training/experience
  • Collaborate with Nurse Practitioners in the same department.
Have you ever been to Lake Charles, LA? I wouldn’t wish that place or Biloxi, MS on my worst enemy.

Have you ever been to Lake Charles, LA? I wouldn’t wish that place or Biloxi, MS on my worst enemy.
Why did you have to go and do it and reveal the main reason I knew there would be less applicants for these jobs? If these organizational jobs go unfilled that means unmet demand and none of that is allowed with podiatry…..we just can’t have that. Now even more schools will be opened and that is on you.

• Haha
I do everything, but it's mainly just to keep refer sources happy (earlier, it was more for my ego or to get RRA boards numbers).

I find the wounds and infect to be the seriously problematic stuff... even toe amps, basic forefoot ulcers. That leads to ER calls, inpatients, early/late cases. The patients just have bad health and generally low intelligence/compliance. In PP, wounds also leads to low or no-pay quite often.

The low/medium energy trauma and recon elective RRA (not stupid Charcot or nonsense) are actually not very problematic. I have done 4 calc fx after next week and 3 Achilles rupture now this year. Numerous bimall and de/reattach and flat foot and ankle scope/stab and etc. That is a fair bit for solo PP... I don't ask for it, but I'm fine doing those. I would much prefer that stuff to C&C snooze-fest. I didn't have to go to ER for any of them or admit any or disrupt my office very much. Sure, they pull a bit less $/hr than bunions or ingrowns or wart pts, but the RRA still pay well, esp with the associated DME. Mainly, I have pretty low level of problems with them if the timing of trauma surg and pt communication are good.

The wound/amp crap is easy AF, but it always seems to be the killer, both in time/sleep and in financial terms. I avoid it pretty well, but I wish it was an even lower % of my mix. 😇
I dont really turn anything away. I have some RRA stuff on the books. I just dont seek it out.

But I see myself in 5-10 years only doing easy cases.

I dont really turn anything away. I have some RRA stuff on the books. I just dont seek it out.

But I see myself in 5-10 years only doing easy cases.
Sounds like you need to go into private practice then get some associates. That is passive income.

Why did you have to go and do it and reveal the main reason I knew there would be less applicants for these jobs? If these organizational jobs go unfilled that means unmet demand and none of that is allowed with podiatry…..we just can’t have that. Now even more schools will be opened and that is on you.
Oh no don’t sic podiatry higher ups on me… I can’t handle the inevitable backlash heading my way now. My inbox is about to be flooded with meanie grams.

My action of revealing the true nature of Lake Charles have real consequences… what a mess I have caused disgracing such an amazing opportunity to whomever is so kind to be chosen for that job. 🙏

• Haha
What's wrong with Biloxi. Was thinking of a vacation there.
Job was not in Biloxi.

Nothing inherently wrong with Biloxi to vacation at, but it is more of a weekend/Casino destination that also happens to have mediocre/good beaches. The beaches/water are much nicer in Florida (Destin, Pensacola etc) or even Alabama.

Last edited:
There is a PP job posting in Mississippi that goes around via email....just absolutely garbage and it's like come on recruiter just give it up.

Oh no don’t sic podiatry higher ups on me… I can’t handle the inevitable backlash heading my way now. My inbox is about to be flooded with meanie grams.

My action of revealing the true nature of Lake Charles have real consequences… what a mess I have caused disgracing such an amazing opportunity to whomever is so kind to be chosen for that job.

Nothing. It’s just your opinion.

You don’t like the geography … fine. Don’t apply.

But the patients need the care.

Two interviews.
One at a hospital no call back.
Another with a big podiatry group, 150k with bonus at 600k collections. Didn’t call me back either, although they told me the offer up front.

Two interviews.
One at a hospital no call back.
Another with a big podiatry group, 150k with bonus at 600k collections. Didn’t call me back either, although they told me the offer up front.
That part is really bad. The bonus should start 2-3x base.
$600k is pretty hard to hit in first year associate unless doing shady stuff (grafts, creative DME, etc) or very good payers or very high volume.
That would be a fine enough base, but you should be at 35-45% or more and bonus starting at 300k-450k with a $150k base (usually calc'd monthly or quarterly).

Worst of all, they likely cut the base after 6 or 12 months and will just give you 25 or 30 or 35% servitude indefinitely. Not good.
As mediocre as that offer is, there are tons of grads tripping over one another to sign ones just like that (mainly just due to most PP offering same/lower base).

Those are fine places to learn, particularly if it's a state you like and where non-competes aren't enforceable.

Less remote than many similar type jobs. Another organizational job that will have less applicants than most organizational jobs.

Podiatrist (Surgical or Non-Surgical)​

Cherokee Nation

128 reviews
Muskogee, OK 74401

Job details​

Location​

Muskogee, OK 74401

Benefits

• Tuition reimbursement

Job Summary:
Performs medical duties according to credentials and privileges. Participates on committees, participates in educational and community activities, and assures Cherokee Nation Health Services objectives are met. Fulfills a variety of administrative and patient care responsibilities related to podiatric medicine.
Job Duties:
Routine duties shall include providing health care services to individuals eligible for services in accordance with the self-governance compact and funding agreement between the Cherokee Nation and the United States executed under the authority of the Indian Self-Determination and Education Assistance Act. Elicits and records information about patient medical history and services as patient advocate in the clinical setting. Examines patient to determine general physical condition. Orders or executes various tests, analyzes diagnostic images to provide information on patient's condition. Analyzes reports and findings of tests and of examination, and diagnoses condition. Administers or prescribes treatments or drugs. Refers patients to medical specialist or other practitioner for specialized treatment. Performs medical job duties within the chosen specialty according to credentials held by employee and privileges granted by Cherokee Nation. Advises patients concerning diet, hygiene, and methods for prevention of disease. Participates or chairs assigned committee meetings. Participates in community health fairs. Provides education to schools and/or community organizations. Maintains educational requirements. Assures Cherokee Nation Health Services objectives are met. Adheres to professional ethical standards. Supervises assigned staff according to Cherokee Nation Human Resources Policies and Procedures and any other applicable rules, regulations and guidelines. Other duties may be assigned.

SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES

Manages 1 to 2 subordinate supervisors who supervise a total of 1 to 4 employees in the Health. Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of these units. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.

Qualifications:
EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENT
Doctoral degree as a Doctor of Podiatric Medicine (DPM); no substitutions.

EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENT

No additional experience.

COMPUTER SKILLS

An individual should have knowledge of Contact Management systems and Database software.

CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS

Must be licensed to practice podiatry in the State of Oklahoma and maintain cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) and advanced cardiac life support (ACLS) certifications and/or pediatric advanced life support (PALS). Must be registered with the Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) and Oklahoma Board of Narcotics and Dangerous Drugs (OBNDD). Must possess a valid driver's license with a driving history verified through a motor vehicle report that meets requirements for Cherokee Nation underwriting rating.

OTHER QUALIFICATIONS

Employee must not and will not be under sanction by the United States Department of Health and Human Services Office of the Inspector General (OIG) or by the General Services Administration (GSA) or listed on the OIG’s Cumulative Sanction Report, or the GSA’s List of Excluded Providers, or listed on the OIG’s List of Excluded Individuals/Entities (LEIE).

PHYSICAL DEMANDS

While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk and sit. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear and taste or smell. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.

WORK ENVIRONMENT

While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; outside weather conditions; risk of radiation and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.

Less remote than many similar type jobs. Another organizational job that will have less applicants than most organizational jobs.

Podiatrist (Surgical or Non-Surgical)​

Cherokee Nation

128 reviews
Muskogee, OK 74401

Job details​

Location​

Muskogee, OK 74401

Benefits​

• Tuition reimbursement

Job Summary:
Performs medical duties according to credentials and privileges. Participates on committees, participates in educational and community activities, and assures Cherokee Nation Health Services objectives are met. Fulfills a variety of administrative and patient care responsibilities related to podiatric medicine.
Job Duties:
Routine duties shall include providing health care services to individuals eligible for services in accordance with the self-governance compact and funding agreement between the Cherokee Nation and the United States executed under the authority of the Indian Self-Determination and Education Assistance Act. Elicits and records information about patient medical history and services as patient advocate in the clinical setting. Examines patient to determine general physical condition. Orders or executes various tests, analyzes diagnostic images to provide information on patient's condition. Analyzes reports and findings of tests and of examination, and diagnoses condition. Administers or prescribes treatments or drugs. Refers patients to medical specialist or other practitioner for specialized treatment. Performs medical job duties within the chosen specialty according to credentials held by employee and privileges granted by Cherokee Nation. Advises patients concerning diet, hygiene, and methods for prevention of disease. Participates or chairs assigned committee meetings. Participates in community health fairs. Provides education to schools and/or community organizations. Maintains educational requirements. Assures Cherokee Nation Health Services objectives are met. Adheres to professional ethical standards. Supervises assigned staff according to Cherokee Nation Human Resources Policies and Procedures and any other applicable rules, regulations and guidelines. Other duties may be assigned.

SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES
Manages 1 to 2 subordinate supervisors who supervise a total of 1 to 4 employees in the Health. Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of these units. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.

Qualifications:
EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENT
Doctoral degree as a Doctor of Podiatric Medicine (DPM); no substitutions.

EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENT
No additional experience.

COMPUTER SKILLS
An individual should have knowledge of Contact Management systems and Database software.

CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Must be licensed to practice podiatry in the State of Oklahoma and maintain cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) and advanced cardiac life support (ACLS) certifications and/or pediatric advanced life support (PALS). Must be registered with the Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) and Oklahoma Board of Narcotics and Dangerous Drugs (OBNDD). Must possess a valid driver's license with a driving history verified through a motor vehicle report that meets requirements for Cherokee Nation underwriting rating.

OTHER QUALIFICATIONS
Employee must not and will not be under sanction by the United States Department of Health and Human Services Office of the Inspector General (OIG) or by the General Services Administration (GSA) or listed on the OIG’s Cumulative Sanction Report, or the GSA’s List of Excluded Providers, or listed on the OIG’s List of Excluded Individuals/Entities (LEIE).

PHYSICAL DEMANDS
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk and sit. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear and taste or smell. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.

WORK ENVIRONMENT
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; outside weather conditions; risk of radiation and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This job continues to get posted and taken down and then reposted. Seems like there is a high turnover or it is just a contract position for 3-4 months at a time.

This job continues to get posted and taken down and then reposted. Seems like there is a high turnover or it is just a contract position for 3-4 months at a time.
Not sure. There was a Cherokee job listing awhile back in Tahlequah and this one is in Muskogee.

Not sure. There was a Cherokee job listing awhile back in Tahlequah and this one is in Muskogee.

That’s right. I’m getting my Cherokee nation jobs mixed up. Sucks you gotta live there though. I honestly would take a private practice job over living there.

The one in tahlequah looked like it paid a ton. East Oklahoma was like 1-1.5 he to outskirts of Bentonville

IMG_2503.jpg

Got this in my inbox today, looks like they are hiring podiatrists

That salary though compared to the others

To be fair, all of these salaries seem pretty low to me. Maybe except the nursing jobs (surprise surprise)

Surgical Podiatrist​

Seattle, Washington

Clinic
Full Time
Residency
BE or BC
Job Details

Description

About Us

Washington Permanente Medical Group (WPMG) is a clinician-led, self-governed and independent multi-specialty group practice, providing care to the more than 700,000 Kaiser Permanente patients in Washington state. We work unencumbered by traditional health care obstacles and without silos; prioritizing people over profits, collaboration over ego, and driven by a singular goal: our patients' health. At WPMG, we take care of the whole person, with a team to address the fundamental, social, and emotional needs that contribute to total health. We are clinicians motivated by the desire to make a purposeful difference in the communities we serve, and in how health care is delivered.

Summary

Kaiser Permanente-Washington Permanente Medical Group- is seeking a full-time (1.0 FTE) Surgical Podiatrist to join our Capitol Hill Campus team in Seattle, Washington.

Core Components of this position include:

• Outpatient evaluation, management, and surgical treatment of all aspects of the foot and ankle including but not limited to foot/ankle trauma, diabetic complications, arthrodesis, amputation, wound care, and foot/ankle reconstruction

• Collaborating with the Kaiser Permanente orthopedic surgery team to treat complex foot/ankle patients in our partner hospital in Seattle.

• Shared Call responsibilities.

Capitol Hill Campus is a multispecialty medical center. Lab, Radiology and Pharmacy on site. Office hours are 8am - 5pm Monday through Friday, with Urgent Care open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

As a condition of employment, all clinicians and employees are required to verify COVID-19 vaccination status. As part of the pre-boarding process and before starting work, you will be required to verify your vaccination status, and will be provided an opportunity to apply for an accommodation based on a religious or medical reason, if needed.

Compensation and Benefits

The entire salary range for this position is $273,727.00 to $322,032.00 and will be prorated based on FTE. Placement of new hires will be in the range of $273,727.00 to $305,931.00 based on factors such as education, training or experience.

Employees (and their families) are covered by medical, dental, vision, basic life, and disability insurance. Employees are able to enroll in our company's 401k plan, receive employer contributions to the 401(k) plan, and enroll in our cash balance pension plan. Employees will also receive four weeks of paid vacation leave every year and eight paid holidays throughout the calendar year, and will receive continuing medical education leave and funding.

Surgical Podiatrist​

Seattle, Washington

Clinic
Full Time
Residency
BE or BC
Job Details

Description

About Us

Washington Permanente Medical Group (WPMG) is a clinician-led, self-governed and independent multi-specialty group practice, providing care to the more than 700,000 Kaiser Permanente patients in Washington state. We work unencumbered by traditional health care obstacles and without silos; prioritizing people over profits, collaboration over ego, and driven by a singular goal: our patients' health. At WPMG, we take care of the whole person, with a team to address the fundamental, social, and emotional needs that contribute to total health. We are clinicians motivated by the desire to make a purposeful difference in the communities we serve, and in how health care is delivered.

Summary

Kaiser Permanente-Washington Permanente Medical Group- is seeking a full-time (1.0 FTE) Surgical Podiatrist to join our Capitol Hill Campus team in Seattle, Washington.

Core Components of this position include:

• Outpatient evaluation, management, and surgical treatment of all aspects of the foot and ankle including but not limited to foot/ankle trauma, diabetic complications, arthrodesis, amputation, wound care, and foot/ankle reconstruction

• Collaborating with the Kaiser Permanente orthopedic surgery team to treat complex foot/ankle patients in our partner hospital in Seattle.

• Shared Call responsibilities.

Capitol Hill Campus is a multispecialty medical center. Lab, Radiology and Pharmacy on site. Office hours are 8am - 5pm Monday through Friday, with Urgent Care open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

As a condition of employment, all clinicians and employees are required to verify COVID-19 vaccination status. As part of the pre-boarding process and before starting work, you will be required to verify your vaccination status, and will be provided an opportunity to apply for an accommodation based on a religious or medical reason, if needed.

Compensation and Benefits

The entire salary range for this position is $273,727.00 to $322,032.00 and will be prorated based on FTE. Placement of new hires will be in the range of $273,727.00 to $305,931.00 based on factors such as education, training or experience.

Employees (and their families) are covered by medical, dental, vision, basic life, and disability insurance. Employees are able to enroll in our company's 401k plan, receive employer contributions to the 401(k) plan, and enroll in our cash balance pension plan. Employees will also receive four weeks of paid vacation leave every year and eight paid holidays throughout the calendar year, and will receive continuing medical education leave and funding.
Pretty sweet. I bet the Call Responsibilities are fairly brutal, but pay seems to reflect that. Wonder how many applications they will get?

Pretty sweet. I bet the Call Responsibilities are fairly brutal, but pay seems to reflect that. Wonder how many applications they will get?
Pay is very low for seattle. Very low.
No way I would ever practice in Seattle. The ortho/DPM disrespect is strong there.
May be the most malignant city in the country to be a DPM.
Love the town/life/culture there. Love the olympics. Love coffee. Love the temperate foggy weather.
But no thanks.
Also lots of serial killers.

• Haha