Long time lurker that got a lot of useful information from this site - figured I'd finally give back!
MCAT#1: 26 (PS 7, V 11, B 8)
MCAT #2 : 499 (C/P 124, CARS 126, B 122, P/S 127)
New MCAT #3: 516 (C/P 128, CARS 129, B 130, P/S 129), Yay!
Practice test scores in the order I did them:
TPR1 504 (C/P 124, CARS 126, B 127 , P/S 127)
TPR3 505 (C/P 125, CARS 128, B 127, P/S 125)
TPR4 505 (C/P 125, CARS 126, B 127, P/S 127)
AAMC Sample Test (C/P 71%, CARS 89%, B 83%, P/S 80%) - 1 week before test
AAMC Scored 516 (C/P 127, CARS 31, B 129, P/S 129) - 3 days before test
Thoughts on what worked for me:
Content review AFTER taking practice tests based on what I got wrong (For C/P and B sections).
All AAMC materials are the best practice. I felt like I hit a wall until I did enough practice questions and started seeing patterns/got some intuition.
Also, I practiced pacing - any question I felt was confusing or would take a while to calculate - I guessed, marked it, and went back at the end of the section.
Thoughts on actual MCAT:
I would say reading comprehension on just the passage info/tables/graphs of the psych section was a large chunk of the questions. My undergrad biostats class really helped here. All I did for content was read the TPR review book carefully once, and memorize a couple lists for the Psych theories and components.
In order of how I felt leaving the test in terms of difficulty: B > C/P > P/S & CARS equal