***Official LSU Class of 2021 Interview/Acceptance Thread**

@FutureTiger , I hope so! I REALLY REALLY want to get into this school, definitely my first choice. I was interviewed in August, I think the second interview group. Everything was VERY relaxing. I'll probably never have another relaxing and fun interview like that ever!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
@itskchris Me too, hence my name haha. I have my interview this week. Hopefully it goes as smoothly as yours did

@FutureTiger , I wish you the best! The interview was very relaxed! Also very enjoyable and fun. You'll come out feeling great! If there's any question than you want to ask, go right on ahead :)

Members don't see this ad :)
The interview is a 2 on 1, and it'll be at most at hour depending how far you take it.But other than that, the staff is WONDERFUL. Very nice and they'll make you feel welcome. @FutureTiger

Last edited:
What do you think the chances are for an In State applicant to be accepted? They only interview 95 people at the most and they have at LEAST 56 spots for In-States with 5 for Ark and 4 for Out of state.

School: Xavier
Notification date: 7/12/2016
Method of notification: Email
Residency: LA
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/24/2016
Application complete date: Submitted 6/07\2016
Supplemental: 6/17\2016
GPA (science, overall) sGPA: ~3.8 GPA : ~ 3.6
DAT: 20 AA
how was your interview?

What do you think the chances are for an In State applicant to be accepted? They only interview 95 people at the most and they have at LEAST 56 spots for In-States with 5 for Ark and 4 for Out of state.

School: Xavier
Notification date: 7/12/2016
Method of notification: Email
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/24/2016
Application complete date: Submitted 6/07\2016
Supplemental: 6/17\2016
GPA (science, overall) sGPA: ~3.8 GPA : ~ 3.6
DAT: 20 AA

Your stats are very nice. I think you got a great shot!

The interview is a 2 on 1, and it'll be at most at hour depending how far you take it. ALL questions for me were situational based questions. It only took about 30 minutes. After that, I spent maybe the next 20 minutes or so asking them questions. NONE of the questions were strengths, weaknesses, why dentistry, about you, why here, kind of questions. Surprising, huh? But other than that, the staff is WONDERFUL. Very nice and they'll make you feel welcome. @FutureTiger

Ikr?! I've prepped myself for those questions so much that....I don't even, lol. But overall, interview was far from scary. Everyone is extremely friendly and they do indeed make you feel VERY calm, comfortable, and welcome.

I've noticed that the people who have been notified to interview have been notified on either Tuesday or Friday. Does anyone have any other days than these they got notified on?

I was notified on a Thursday

This waiting game is killing me ~_~

Does anyone know how many people get interviewed a year? Approximately ?

Does anyone know the exact date for the last interviews? Is it the end of October or mid October? And about how far in advance will you be notified?

Does anyone know how many people get interviewed a year? Approximately ?
I was told any where from 90-130 and OOS usually get interviewed first and rumor is they don't interview much in September and then kick things back off again in October. I was told by admissions they will at least interview till mid October. A year or two ago a buddy of mine interviewed at the end of October and didn't even get a notification till the first of October. He also said 11/12 of the people he interviewed with got accepted so interviewing early doesn't mean your chances are any better according to him.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Cool school

Last edited:
I got an Interview invitation this morning for October 21! Was so nervous about applying this year. Anyone else get late October Interviews?

Got an interview!!! For October 21st!

Congrats to both of you for the interviews !

So has anyone gotten an interview with anything below a 20?

So excited...got an email this morning on my way to work for an interview on October 28th.

Can some of you guys who got interviewed reply with your stats?

I am currently a Junior at Tulane University applying to LSU dental in June and wanted to know what your stats were.
Here are mine
School: Tulane University
Year: Junior
Major: Neuroscience with minor in Public Health
GPA (science, overall) sGPA: ~3.6 GPA : ~ 3.745
I have two W's, one in Gen Chem I and one in an intro English class
DAT: ___ have not taken but will take in January for first time
Clubs: President of the Pre-Dental Society at Tulane
Shadowing: over 200 hours at 3 different general dentists' clinics

This current semester is not looking too hot for me right now. I am taking Biochemistry, Physics I, Cellular Neuroscience, Intro to Drama, Acting. May be my lowest GPA semester. I was also wondering how important it is to have a consistent GPA during Junior year if I kept a 3.745 my first two years. I am specifically looking for what makes an LSU applicant stand out. Will my two W's come off as a red flag?

Thanks for all of your help!

Rejected. Good luck everyone!

**Correction: I think they made a GPA error on my page. All my required courses for them are well over their requirement. Will be calling tomorrow ASAP!**

Last edited:
Im pretty sure the last interview is this coming friday so you better hurry if you have something to tell them Heather. David, honestly all of those extracurriculars are good, but aren't that important. As long as you have a good gpa and a high dat score you won't have any problems. Biggest mistake I made was focusing too much on other things besides grades. Numbers are more important than anything

Im pretty sure the last interview is this coming friday so you better hurry if you have something to tell them Heather. David, honestly all of those extracurriculars are good, but aren't that important. As long as you have a good gpa and a high dat score you won't have any problems. Biggest mistake I made was focusing too much on other things besides grades. Numbers are more important than anything

They replied! They were soooo sorry about the mix up!!!

Rejected :(! Didn't make the 150 cut. Good luck everyone!!

This is it everyone! Longest month of the year. Wishing everyone the best!

I love the wait..by that I mean I don't

What makes LSU d-school competitive versus other dental schools? @THS
You mean what makes LSU a school that you should want to go to? Or do you mean competitive in terms of getting in?

As far as what makes LSU a great school:
-If you're in state, its a no-brainer. The cost, the proximity to home, it just can't be beat.
-Our second year students start drillin' and fillin' on patients in October. D2s doing fillings and Sc/RP on real patients. That's unique.
-TMD training. Our dean, Dr. Gremillion is an expert in oro-facial pain (he lectures about it all over the country) and has assembled a team of people at the top of this field. We get some training in TMD and oro-facial pain that other schools do not offer.
-Our students graduate very confident in their surgical abilities. I'm not sure how other schools compare when it comes to surgery, but one of our OMFS professors went back into private practice last year and had to move because according to him "Dentists here in Louisiana are just too good at extractions, I don't get as many referrals as I did in [whatever state he was from]". Again, I don't know how other schools compare, but as a third year student I've done alveoloplasty's, full-mouth extractions, surgical extractions, and mandibular tori removal, papilla "W-plasty" (google these procedures if you aren't familiar), and I feel very confident doing these. On our OMFS rotations, we can scrub in on OR surgeries, I got to assist a mandible fracture surgery just a few weeks ago.
-Our prosth department does some amazing esthetic work. We had pioneers in esthetics work here, such as Dr. Gerard Chiche, and oral/maxillofacial prosthodontist Dr. Jay Jayanetti. We learn about digital smile design, which allows us to digitally treatment plan and mock-up esthetic cases.
-According to our endo residents, we get a lot of endo training compared to other schools.

Overall, it's just a really great clinically-oriented school. You'll be comfortable with your work when you graduate. You can't really say that about all dental schools, believe it or not.

You mean what makes LSU a school that you should want to go to? Or do you mean competitive in terms of getting in?

As far as what makes LSU a great school:
-If you're in state, its a no-brainer. The cost, the proximity to home, it just can't be beat.
-Our second year students start drillin' and fillin' on patients in October. D2s doing fillings and Sc/RP on real patients. That's unique.
-TMD training. Our dean, Dr. Gremillion is an expert in oro-facial pain (he lectures about it all over the country) and has assembled a team of people at the top of this field. We get some training in TMD and oro-facial pain that other schools do not offer.
-Our students graduate very confident in their surgical abilities. I'm not sure how other schools compare when it comes to surgery, but one of our OMFS professors went back into private practice last year and had to move because according to him "Dentists here in Louisiana are just too good at extractions, I don't get as many referrals as I did in [whatever state he was from]". Again, I don't know how other schools compare, but as a third year student I've done alveoloplasty's, full-mouth extractions, surgical extractions, and mandibular tori removal, papilla "W-plasty" (google these procedures if you aren't familiar), and I feel very confident doing these. On our OMFS rotations, we can scrub in on OR surgeries, I got to assist a mandible fracture surgery just a few weeks ago.
-Our prosth department does some amazing esthetic work. We had pioneers in esthetics work here, such as Dr. Gerard Chiche, and oral/maxillofacial prosthodontist Dr. Jay Jayanetti. We learn about digital smile design, which allows us to digitally treatment plan and mock-up esthetic cases.
-According to our endo residents, we get a lot of endo training compared to other schools.

Overall, it's just a really great clinically-oriented school. You'll be comfortable with your work when you graduate. You can't really say that about all dental schools, believe it or not.

Thank you. I needed more in-depth information about why LSU dental is so great. I had an interview there, but I didn't know what it was like other than the family environment. Sounds like a phenomonal school!

Does anyone one when we get our letters/emails tomorrow?

I remember them saying we should have an email by 930ish at the interview.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using SDN mobile

Congrats on your acceptance!! I'm OOS and got an email early this morning saying I'm on the alternate list...now more waiting lol

Got my acceptance email this morning! Congratulations to everyone else who was accepted too!

Anybody know if there is a FB group made? :laugh:

Last edited: