**Official Maryland Class of 2021 Interview/Acceptance Thread**

Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Is it okay if we pay the $90 before our gpa is verified? I e-submitted then paid the next day. I got an email confirmation for the payment but otherwise I haven't heard anything else back yet.

Yes, I'm sure you're fine. I have a hard time believing they would deny anyone before they received the $90. I feel like they see everyone's name and once everything gets verified you become next in line for review. Once your gpa gets verified you'll hold the next spot in line for review
 
Are those that received supplementals from MD or OOS? Got verified and mailed in the first batch, got confirmation of the app on the 27th, but still no supplemental.
Same, except my app was processed on the 10th... of June. I'm out of state but apparently that doesn't make a difference? No idea, honestly.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
It's early July so they probably are backlogged in the applications since so many are coming in at once. Just be patient guys. You'll get there!
 
Last edited:
Do you happened to know what questions they asked on the supplemental?

Yeah if someone could share the essay questions that would be awesome! Haven't got the supplemental but I'm *pretty* confident I'll be getting one, and I'd love to at least start planning my answers now
 
The supplemental questions were pretty basic I think. Just demographic info and the classic "why our school?" I think. If you haven't gotten one yet, chillax. You could get one any day.
 
The supplemental questions were pretty basic I think. Just demographic info and the classic "why our school?" I think. If you haven't gotten one yet, chillax. You could get one any day.
Not really unfortunately. There are 7 essay questions total. Two could be considered optional if you didn't do a gap year and/or had no academic difficulties. Two of them are 1000 character limited. Definitely my longest supplemental I've done yet.
 
Last edited:
Does "gap year" apply anyone who isn't coming straight from undergrad to dental? I'm a "career changer," I've been out of college for a few yeas so it's not what I think of as a gap year but obviously there's a gap, lol. Thanks for the help guys, Maryland is my top choice so I'm just tryna be extra prepared 🙂
 
Does "gap year" apply anyone who isn't coming straight from undergrad to dental? I'm a "career changer," I've been out of college for a few yeas so it's not what I think of as a gap year but obviously there's a gap, lol. Thanks for the help guys, Maryland is my top choice so I'm just tryna be extra prepared 🙂
Yes.
 
One more question! For the part on the supplemental where they ask you to explain any "academic difficulties" you have had, is it onto put N/A if I haven't really had any? Or should I think of a class that was challenging and talk about that even if it t a good grade?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
One more question! For the part on the supplemental where they ask you to explain any "academic difficulties" you have had, is it onto put N/A if I haven't really had any? Or should I think of a class that was challenging and talk about that even if it t a good grade?
I just got the supp. after getting "app received" email on June 27th.
I have the same question as this. Anybody?
 
One more question! For the part on the supplemental where they ask you to explain any "academic difficulties" you have had, is it onto put N/A if I haven't really had any? Or should I think of a class that was challenging and talk about that even if it t a good grade?
No just put N/A. I would take that question to mean something like a learning disability.
 
No just put N/A. I would take that question to mean something like a learning disability.
Minor point-why not just leave it blank (instead of writing N/A)?

Edit: sorry just noticed they say in small letters on the bottom to "use N/A for any question that does not apply to your situation" so that solves that.
 
How long is everyone making their answers to the essay questions? Two of them have limits of 1000 characters so does that imply that the others should be even longer? Or should I just go with what seems to make most sense-writing a paragraph or two for each one? I can't imagine the ADCOMs want to sit there reading a 2000 character answer to every question. Any thoughts on what's expected?
 
How long is everyone making their answers to the essay questions? Two of them have limits of 1000 characters so does that imply that the others should be even longer? Or should I just go with what seems to make most sense-writing a paragraph or two for each one? I can't imagine the ADCOMs want to sit there reading a 2000 character answer to every question. Any thoughts on what's expected?
Answers as short as possible. Especially for straightforward questions
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I paid the fee about 4 weeks ago and received the under review right away. No supplemental questions yet.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.