You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
**Official Maryland Class of 2021 Interview/Acceptance Thread**
Started by hellofuturedentists
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
if you want in state tuition than yes...Sorry to post again. If I am from Maryland do I need to fill out the in-state petition form? It seems to me that it is unclear.
.
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Received a supplemental 07/14 - still no invite - is this normal?
They haven't started sending out invites yet. Probably not for another several weeks, around mid/late-August.Received a supplemental 07/14 - still no invite - is this normal?
Hey all... i'm a Canadian student and received a supplemental and I don't have SSN # and i'm not able to proceed with my application without one. Its asking me to contact the office by phone if i don't have SSN #. Since i'm an international student i'm wondering if I can find the answer here before paying long distance charges for a phone call.
Any advice? Thank you!
Edit: Use all 9's
Any advice? Thank you!
Edit: Use all 9's
Last edited:
No advice. But I siriusly like your username.
hahahah..I siriusly like your location.
initials are HP .. its either harry potter or hewlett packard
Haha I think you made the right choicehahahah..I siriusly like your location.
initials are HP .. its either harry potter or hewlett packard
Got the supplemental but didn't realize you need a letter of recommendation from specifically biology and chemistry (I have 2 biology teachers)....Does anyone know how big of a deal this is, or if I could have the chemistry letter sent directly to the school?
Anyone else running into problems with the Maryland supplemental website right now? While trying to save certain parts of my application, I'm running into an "error while processing your request"
Anyone else running into problems with the Maryland supplemental website right now? While trying to save certain parts of my application, I'm running into an "error while processing your request"
Does it provide a box with a bunch of code? You can look into the code and debug it but if you're having issues saving on the essay portions, the most likely reason is that you are above the character limit.
Does it provide a box with a bunch of code? You can look into the code and debug it but if you're having issues saving on the essay portions, the most likely reason is that you are above the character limit.
Thanks, you're right. Turns out there's a 2000 character limit for the ones that don't have a 1000 character limit. Screw you Maryland. Now I have to rewrite.
I have the same problem. One of my teachers is biochem so I don't know if that would workGot the supplemental but didn't realize you need a letter of recommendation from specifically biology and chemistry (I have 2 biology teachers)....Does anyone know how big of a deal this is, or if I could have the chemistry letter sent directly to the school?
I have the same problem. One of my teachers is biochem so I don't know if that would work
I have orgo lab and microbiology lab supervisors as my letters of rec lol. I like how my dentists spectacular letter of rec won't matter at all 🙁 I'm too scared to call to make sure it's okay, but i got a supplement so I'm thinking I should be fine. I have a feeling they'd bend the requirement if your letters of rec are really good (like biochem counting as chem)
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have the same problem. One of my teachers is biochem so I don't know if that would work
I have orgo lab and microbiology lab supervisors as my letters of rec lol. I like how my dentists spectacular letter of rec won't matter at all 🙁 I'm too scared to call to make sure it's okay, but i got a supplement so I'm thinking I should be fine. I have a feeling they'd bend the requirement if your letters of rec are really good (like biochem counting as chem)
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
I used biochem for my Chem one. On my transcript it's listed as Chem 430 so it's definitely a class offered by the chem department. I don't see any reason why this wouldn't work.
GPA was finally verified this morning and supplemental app was received this afternoon as well. Do we have to send in two more letters of rec or just provide contact info for a bio and chem prof?
Canadian applicant here, so I'm really hoping this supplement=interview thing holds true for me. Maryland looks like an amazing school
Canadian applicant here, so I'm really hoping this supplement=interview thing holds true for me. Maryland looks like an amazing school
still haven't received a supplemental 🙁
For the supplemental, anyone having an issue with not being able to type on the text box for degree, major, date of degree expected/earned?? Since I have 2 majors, I don't have enough space to write the second major stuff... any ideas?
B.Sc, Major 1, Major 2, DateFor the supplemental, anyone having an issue with not being able to type on the text box for degree, major, date of degree expected/earned?? Since I have 2 majors, I don't have enough space to write the second major stuff... any ideas?
that should fit
Is the 1000 character limit on some of the questions, with space or without space?
anyone received supplemental with a mail-out date of 7/29?
Can someone hook me up with the supplemental? I just took my DAT so I won't get it for a while, just wanted to get a head start in case I do get it since it's apparently long!
Got the supplemental but didn't realize you need a letter of recommendation from specifically biology and chemistry (I have 2 biology teachers)....Does anyone know how big of a deal this is, or if I could have the chemistry letter sent directly to the school?
They don't look at your rec. letters until the day of the interview (or so the lady on the phone told me twice), and when I asked if I could send her my committee letter outside of AADSAS she said that was fine!
With spaces. Be aware that the ones without a limit actually do have a 2000 character limit.Is the 1000 character limit on some of the questions, with space or without space?
Molecular, Cellular and Developmental Biology, totally out of space LOL.B.Sc, Major 1, Major 2, Date
that should fit
I have a weird problem, I already answered those supplemental questions in my PS, now it's like I have to say it again in a larger extent.
Btw, I called the office about the SSN as well (they said so somewhere), they told me to put all 9.
Last edited:
Molecular, Cellular and Developmental Biology, totally out of space LOL.
I have a weird problem, I already answered those supplemental questions in my PS, now it's like I have to say it again in a larger extent.
Btw, I called the office about the SSN as well (they said so somewhere), they told me to put all 9.
Maybe shorten the form?
Molec., Cell. and Develop. Bio
My mail-out date was 7/22 but received supplemental 7/20. Weird;anyone received supplemental with a mail-out date of 7/29?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hopefully not 🙁 I submitted mine 3 weeks after...just wondering.. is it really bad to submit the supplemental a month after received date? 🙁
Hey fellow pre-dents,
I was wondering if anyone applying this cycle would be kind enough to share what the supplemental questions were on the application? I recently took the DAT and waiting for it to be verified. It would be awesome to work on the questions in the meantime, in case I do receive the supplemental. I would really appreciate it and best of luck in the dental school! PM would be preferred!
Thanks!
I was wondering if anyone applying this cycle would be kind enough to share what the supplemental questions were on the application? I recently took the DAT and waiting for it to be verified. It would be awesome to work on the questions in the meantime, in case I do receive the supplemental. I would really appreciate it and best of luck in the dental school! PM would be preferred!
Thanks!
Hey fellow pre-dents,
I was wondering if anyone applying this cycle would be kind enough to share what the supplemental questions were on the application? I recently took the DAT and waiting for it to be verified. It would be awesome to work on the questions in the meantime, in case I do receive the supplemental. I would really appreciate it and best of luck in the dental school! PM would be preferred!
Thanks!
That would be such a graceful, generous offering for those of us still waiting to hear back! [emoji1][emoji106]
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
delete
Last edited:
I got an interview today!!!!! XD
DAT 23
GPA3.94
congratulations! may I ask you what day your application was completed?
Thank you!
When did you send your supplemental app in? Did they email or call you?I got an interview today!!!!! XD
DAT 23
GPA3.94
Last edited:
I used biochem for my Chem one. On my transcript it's listed as Chem 430 so it's definitely a class offered by the chem department. I don't see any reason why this wouldn't work.
my institution had biochem offered from both bio and chem departments... they were totally different classes
Interview 3!!!
School: Maryland
Notification date: 8/16
Method of notification: Email
Residency: VA
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/24
GPA (science, overall) sGPA: 3.81 oGPA:3.80
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading): AA 23 TS 22 PAT 20 RC 24
School: Maryland
Notification date: 8/16
Method of notification: Email
Residency: VA
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/24
GPA (science, overall) sGPA: 3.81 oGPA:3.80
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading): AA 23 TS 22 PAT 20 RC 24
When did you submit your supplemental app?Interview 3!!!
School: Maryland
Notification date: 8/16
Method of notification: Email
Residency: VA
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/24
GPA (science, overall) sGPA: 3.81 oGPA:3.80
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading): AA 23 TS 22 PAT 20 RC 24
Just got an interview. I'm from out of state.
Just got an interview. I'm from out of state.
Just got an invitation for an interview!!
When did you submit your supplemental app?
When did you submit your supplemental app?
7/15
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
is it a bad sign that I still did not receive my supplemental application? I submitted 7/19 and mailed-out 7/29
If people who got interviews could share when they got the app complete email from Maryland that would be awesome
I submitted my app on 6/21 but didn't send my letters until 7/15.When did you submit your supplemental app?
7/16If people who got interviews could share when they got the app co plate email from Maryland that would be awesome
Sent my supplemental on 6/30...sigh
Last edited:
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 27
- Views
- 10K
- Replies
- 65
- Views
- 20K