**Official Maryland Class of 2021 Interview/Acceptance Thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
is the supplemental different from the secondary application fee?

Members don't see this ad.

is it a bad sign that I still did not receive my supplemental application? I submitted 7/19 and mailed-out 7/29

Right there with you (submitted 6/5). :/

And though OOS now, I lived in Baltimore 3 of the 4 past years! #fingerscrossed - don't give up hope! Such a great school, it just gets tons of qualified applicants.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad :)
Got a supplemental from UMD on 8/9, submitted it a week later. Fingers crossed!

Anyone else going to the interview on September 14th?

I submitted my supplement on late June.... And still have not received my invitation. I am an in-state applicant. Is this a bad sign.....? sigh..........

I submitted my supplement on late June.... And still have not received my invitation. I am an in-state applicant. Is this a bad sign.....? sigh..........
same position, but OOS, ....sigh

Do other people have "under review" for their AADSAS status? I submitted my supplemental and waiting to hear about an interview, most of my other schools have "application complete" so I just wanted to make sure I'm good.....really hoping for an interview soon over here!!

Do other people have "under review" for their AADSAS status? I submitted my supplemental and waiting to hear about an interview, most of my other schools have "application complete" so I just wanted to make sure I'm good.....really hoping for an interview soon over here!!
I have only had "under review" for like my schools and havd gotten interviews already (including some Maryland). Is "complete" supposed to be a step after "under review" or before?

I have only had "under review" for like my schools and havd gotten interviews already (including some Maryland). Is "complete" supposed to be a step after "under review" or before?
No, I think schools use it differently and some schools don't really make a distinction, I just wanted to make sure I was on the same page as others because I'm paranoid :confused:

No, I think schools use it differently and some schools don't really make a distinction, I just wanted to make sure I was on the same page as others because I'm paranoid :confused:
Ya same here because I see people talking about having status of "complete" and I don't have any of those.

Members don't see this ad :)
Who or what event was your first contact with UMSOD? <---- for this question, what do I put if I don't really have a contact with anyone??

Just received an interview!! IS applicant

DAT AA 21
oGPA 3.78 sGPA 3.94

July 25th

Are you in state? Sorry for all the questions, I just am bummed I haven't been invited...app was complete mid July, I have really high stats, and Maryland is my first choice :shrug:. Thanks and congrats!!

Just got the interview invite! 9/27/16

DAT: 19AA 18TS 20PAT 22RC
GPA: 3.88 sGPA 3.77 oGPA

Reactions: 1 user
I just got the interview invite on 9/20/16.
My DAT: 21 AA, 23 TS, 21 PAT
GPA: 3.6 oGPA, 3.5sGPA
In-state applicant..

I was just wondering... do any of you guys know how many people get interviewed per day? Thanks

Same, MD is in my top three. I'm hoping since I got a supplemental a bit later than some people even when I submitted my app early it just means I'll still get an interview, just a bit later than others as well.
Same, submitted my supplement first week of August.

Submitted supplemental June 30, nothing yet. It's totally possible supplemental =/= interview.

You do realize they've only sent out one round of interview invitations right? You think if you aren't in the first round of invitations it's a rejection? It's a long process. Just hang in there and stop stressing over things like this. All that's gonna do is affect you negatively. Check your email max once a day. Go do something to distract yourself because if the first thought when you see somebody else on this site get an invite when you didn't is that you aren't good enough then you probably shouldn't check this constantly either. Still plenty of time for good things to happen!

TLDR; Be patient. Just because one person actually has an invite does not mean you won't.

Don't call the school frequently and annoy them. Don't be a squeaky wheel. Squeky wheels are not oiled ala the Flag bearer from Tonga, instead they are replaced by a better wheel ;)

What hotel are people staying at for the interview?

Hampton Inn Baltimore
  • This is probably the cheapest, and its next to a bar... Pickles Pub, which is where most dental students go and my go to happy hour location after classes (only on non-game days! It is a packed house when the birds are in town)
Hilton Baltimore
  • Across the street from the baseball stadium, good views of the stadium. Maybe you will watch a game for free
Baltimore Marriott Inner Harbor
  • Closer to the school than the others by maybe a block to the school. Parking garage attached
If you look at Camden Yards, you should see all 3 nearby

I'm flying in for an interview on the 28th and I am hoping to see what the city has to offer afterwards. Any residents out there with some suggestions?

Just got the supplemental!! Is it odd that they sent me the supplemental only 2 days after they told me my app was complete?

edit: 1 day actually..?

Last edited:
I'm flying in for an interview on the 28th and I am hoping to see what the city has to offer afterwards. Any residents out there with some suggestions?
we've got some awesome hiking areas if that's your kind of thing!

Just got the supplemental!! Is it odd that they sent me the supplemental only 2 days after they told me my app was complete?

edit: 1 day actually..?
They sent mine literally minutes after my last LOR was uploaded. I don't know if it was a coincidence or for real, lol.

They sent mine literally minutes after my last LOR was uploaded. I don't know if it was a coincidence or for real, lol.
Interesting...there's a possibility they auto-send it to people who meet certain cut-offs. Either way it worked out nicely :)

I'm sorry but can you tell me your AADSAS mail-out as well? Mine was 7/29 and I still did not get my supplemental... I might have been skipped over :(
Ah sorry, I forgot to include that! My DAT was processed and everything was sent 8/19. Your stats are pretty good so I wouldn't fret quite yet... I'm hypothesizing that they auto-send supps to people above certain score cutoffs, and then they comb through the rest manually.

For those who have completed the supp:

For the question that asks about prerequisites, are we expected to just fill one course per subject? Biology is 8 semester hours, but I'm not sure what that means... If it translates to credits, wouldn't we have to put 2 or 3 courses per section to meet that amount? Thanks!

For those who have completed the supp:

For the question that asks about prerequisites, are we expected to just fill one course per subject? Biology is 8 semester hours, but I'm not sure what that means... If it translates to credits, wouldn't we have to put 2 or 3 courses per section to meet that amount? Thanks!

An example of what I did is for Physics I put "PHSCS 105/107 and PHSCS 106/108" under the courses section (Physics 105 is the lecture, 107 is the lab) and then for date completed I put "Spring 2014 and Winter 2015"

Last edited:
How do people that had interviews get around? rent a car or uber or something else?

Status
Not open for further replies.