**Official Maryland Class of 2024 Interview/Acceptance Thread**

Any updates?

Members don't see this ad.

With everything going on right now, I don't expect us to hear anything anytime soon. Stay safe everyone!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Just got accepted !!! Good luck to everyone still waiting and can't wait to meet the class of 2024!!

So for those who didn't hear back at all does it mean it's a rejection?

Members don't see this ad :)
How can you say that when people are posting that they’ve been put on the waitlist??
This is my opinion so I can be wrong. But once they send out acceptances (at this point in the cycle), the class is now full. They have some backup spots just in case people decline their offer, called waitlists. Now, at this point in the cycle, most people have put down second deposits and are fairly certain as to where they will be going. By not hearing back, means that your more than likely being added to the rejections pile, as they didnt take an interest in putting you at least on the waitlist. Just my 2 cents. I'm sure that others will beg to differ, and that's why I prefaced with "this is my opinion".

Reactions: 1 user
This is my opinion so I can be wrong. But once they send out acceptances (at this point in the cycle), the class is now full. They have some backup spots just in case people decline their offer, called waitlists. Now, at this point in the cycle, most people have put down second deposits and are fairly certain as to where they will be going. By not hearing back, means that your more than likely being added to the rejections pile, as they didnt take an interest in putting you at least on the waitlist. Just my 2 cents. I'm sure that others will beg to differ, and that's why I prefaced with "this is my opinion".
I agree that at this point in the cycle the class is mostly likely close to full. However, the 2nd deposit is not yet due and there is a chance that people will accept offers elsewhere and more seats will open up. I just think after seeing 2 accepted and 2 waitlisted yesterday, you have no grounds to tell someone they are denied because they have not yet heard anything.

I agree that at this point in the cycle the class is mostly likely close to full. However, the 2nd deposit is not yet due and there is a chance that people will accept offers elsewhere and more seats will open up. I just think after seeing 2 accepted and 2 waitlisted yesterday, you have no grounds to tell someone they are denied because they have not yet heard anything.
Once the class is full, then they look at the waitlist. Seeing how he/she/it didn't hear back at all, I doubt they will prioritize non-waitlisted individuals over waitlisted ones.

Once the class is full, then they look at the waitlist. Seeing how he/she/it didn't hear back at all, I doubt they will prioritize non-waitlisted individuals over waitlisted ones.
I get that. But why would they continue to add people to a waitlist (2 added yesterday) if they are shaping up to pick from the waitlist to fill the remaining spots.

I know that on sdn it was only 2 waitlists and 2 acceptances, but there may be more since everyone does not use sdn. But this cycle is so messed up with everything that you never know. Let's just hope we all will hear something good.

Reactions: 3 users
I get that. But why would they continue to add people to a waitlist (2 added yesterday) if they are shaping up to pick from the waitlist to fill the remaining spots.
To my understanding, they where the first to report being added to the waitlist. Looks like they made the waitlist yesterday, and they where not just added to an already formed list. Just common sense.

To my understanding, they where the first to report being added to the waitlist. Looks like they made the waitlist yesterday, and they where not just added to an already formed list. Just common sense.

Wouldn’t that further support the idea that those that haven’t heard back could soon be placed on this newly formed waitlist and possibly accepted at some point?

Wouldn’t that further support the idea that those that haven’t heard back could soon be placed on this newly formed waitlist and possibly accepted at some point?
Doubt it, as I stated previously if they wanted to waitlist you, they would have done that yesterday. What I dont think your grasping is that the waitlist is a fallback. Not a first choice. They only need x amount of people on the waitlist as their main concern is to keep the class full. I'm certain their where more people who got accepted/waitlisted than those that reported here yesterday.

I don't think the waitlist is a work-in-progress though... I have a feeling they've formed it and sent out notifications to everyone at the same time.

I don't think the waitlist is a work-in-progress though... I have a feeling they've formed it and sent out notifications to everyone at the same time.

Right, could be. Esp with everything going on, I guess we will just have to wait and see.

any updates?
Have you not heard back either? I'm hoping that we will hear something this week. In Last years tread this week was when the school sent its last acceptance/waitlisted emails.

Sent from my SM-A205U using Tapatalk

I haven’t heard anything at all and my status still says invited for interview :(

Have you not heard back either? I'm hoping that we will hear something this week. In Last years tread this week was when the school sent its last acceptance/waitlisted emails.

I haven't heard anything.

Last edited:
I know this isn’t what we all want to hear (myself included), but according to the pattern of the last couple of years’ forums, once the waitlist emails have been sent (all from the same day), it seems like it’s over for everyone who hasn’t heard back.

Not trying to be negative, just realistic. Stalking this thread cannot be good for our mental health esp during this pandemic

Spoke with the VERY "friendly" woman at the admissions office today, and she said rejections are being sent out tomorrow.

• Haha
That could have just meant that they are sending out rejections to people that never interviewed as well. Many schools have been sending out non-interview rejections recently.

That could have just meant that they are sending out rejections to people that never interviewed as well. Many schools have been sending out non-interview rejections recently.
True, but at this point I just want to hear back. I haven’t heard anything since my interview two months ago.

True, but at this point I just want to hear back. I haven’t heard anything since my interview two months ago.
Same, I interviewed in early January. I'm trying to stay positive, that's pretty much all we can do at this point!

Reactions: 2 users
Were you waitlisted and then accepted?

I GOT ACCEPTED TODAY!! I was on the waitlist, and I interviewed on Feb 18th! Good luck to all of you waiting! Wishing you all the absolute best :)

Reactions: 2 users
I was accepted this morning. I was not waitlisted. I interviewed Early December and had not heard anything until today. Best of luck to everyone, regardless of where you attend!

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users
I was accepted this morning. I was not waitlisted. I interviewed Early December and had not heard anything until today. Best of luck to everyone, regardless of where you attend!
Will u attend?

I sent the office an email describing why I think would be a good candidate.

Did the office reply to your email? I sent a similar letter in December but I had no response.

Does anyone know how applying for Maryland residency works in terms of attaining the in-state tuition?
Hey, you may need to go back a few pages in this discussion, but there is a lengthy comment with links

Did the office reply to your email? I sent a similar letter in December but I had no response.
No response, but I heard my acceptance a week after this email. I think it was a coincidence that I received it after my email.

Does anyone know if the class is full, or if they are still sending out acceptances?
I still haven't heard anything back but its a good bet that the class is full based on last years posts.

I just got accepted today off of the waitlist. OOS interviewed in December