**Official Maryland Class of 2024 Interview/Acceptance Thread**

I want to know how many they sent out yesterday. Also anyone else that interviewed pre December still waiting to hear back?
Me! Interviewed in October haha

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Hi guys, I got accepted. OOS. Sooooo excited. Trying to narrow down my choices. I know they said we can get instate after the first years, but I wanna know how easy is that to get the in state status? Is there any current student here that can respond? Thanks in advance.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi guys, I got accepted. OOS. Sooooo excited. Trying to narrow down my choices. I know they said we can get instate after the first years, but I wanna know how easy is that to get the in state status? Is there any current student here that can respond? Thanks in advance.
Congrats! When did you interview and when did you get accepted?

I know several people (5+) who received in-state residency after their first year. The tour guide also mentioned that doing work-study helps to support your appeal. In the end, you need to prove that you are willing to contribute to Maryland in some ways (paying taxes, doing community services, etc.).

Reactions: 1 user
I know several people (5+) who received in-state residency after their first year. The tour guide also mentioned that doing work-study helps to support your appeal. In the end, you need to prove that you are willing to contribute to Maryland in some ways (paying taxes, doing community services, etc.).
Thank you, so it is possible.
Because I remember for VCU they said the OOS students need to prove that they want to stay in VA after their graduation which is almost impossible. I was wondering if Maryland is the same

For anyone who was accepted did you take biochemistry lab? Or did any of you take biochemistry online?

Guys, serious question to those considering maryland. Im trying to run the numbers for how much it would cost for 4 years not including living expenses; just purely finances related to college payment. Has anyone calculated that, assuming first year OOS?

Guys, serious question to those considering maryland. Im trying to run the numbers for how much it would cost for 4 years not including living expenses; just purely finances related to college payment. Has anyone calculated that, assuming first year OOS?
Some person a few pages back posted the PDFs you can get off the website, you should be able to calculate from that. Tuition to my understanding is like 30k-34k (in state) a semester (ish) but the fees you pay in different semesters differ... OOS your first year will be roughly double your other years. But to get a more accurate number use the resources that the schools website offers you.

Hi, practicing dentist. Maryland alum.

Mandatory expenses in an academic year (*will increase each year). This is just an estimate for first year
Tuition*: IS $40,077; OOS $74,508
Axillary Fees*: $1918
ASDA: $125
Breakage Deposit: $1250 (refunded after 4th year if you didn't break stuff)
CMS: $5631
Equipment: $3300
Uniform: $133
Tech fee: $608
Various Insurance to cover the school's butt: $2050

Please note I am going to make assumptions for this - that you are single and live with at least 1 roommate.
These amounts are estimates per person (school listed this in their ppt)
Rent: $550-800/month ($1500) - rowhouses are cheaper than fancy apartments
Utilities: $125/month ($250) - gas, electric, water
Parking: $30/year for Balrimore City street parking, garages are significantly more expensive $125ish/month ($150)
Food: $200-300/month ($500) - use coupons, pack snacks
Misc: $150/month ($250) - share netflix/disney+ with others, get student spotify WITH HULU for $5/month, budget and don't live outside your means
Transportation/Commuting: it will vary depending on your travel habits, traveling to visit family across country is expensive, take advance of going on ASDA and school org trips ($2000)
Health insurance: ACA, stay on your parents plan for as long as possible, there is a school plan available once you hit 26 for $300/month ($3600)
Books: hahaha PDF online if you want to read the book, most exams are based on lectures, invest in a decent laptop - see below ($3500)

Other expenses before and throughout your time in dental school
Laptop: $800-1300
External hard drive: $60 (GET ONE)
Board and Licensure exams: $4000-5000
Vacations: $1000 minimum for D1 spring break (Take the break!)

Here is another resource: https://www.umaryland.edu/media/umb/af/sa/dds.pdf

Note financial aid and student accounting did not update their site and put Fall 2019, so the above amounts are based on Fall 2018

Class of 2018 supposedly graduated with 235k of loan debt. Some of my classmates did not take out loans, thus skewing the average. National average is 280k. Take out the maximum amount offered and return what you can prior to the deadline the office tells you, especially if the rate is 7-8%. Most of your loans will have a ton of interest building from day 1.

Members don't see this ad :)
Did anyone know when the next round of acceptance will come out? I really want to get accepted at UMD. :xf:

interviewed pre December and was supposed to hear back Dec 16th. Haven’t heard anything back at all since. I know they’re rolling admissions now but has anyone else who interviewed pre December heard back? Weird that people who are just interviewing in Jan are getting acceptances

Reactions: 4 users
interviewed pre December and was supposed to hear back Dec 16th. Haven’t heard anything back at all since. I know they’re rolling admissions now but has anyone else who interviewed pre December heard back? Weird that people who are just interviewing in Jan are getting acceptances
I’m in the same boat, I interviewed in November. I feel like we have got two more shots left before the waitlist, because they have to give people a month to pay that 2000 dollars. Disbursement for loans would be July so they probably need time to do paperwork before that and honestly as you are aware of this cycle “closed” feb 3rd and the new one opens in May. So In my mind I get 1 shot a month until it’s time to re apply. :)

Reactions: 1 users
I interviewed december 8th and was also told december 16th Id hear back and havn't heard back anything..... Anyone know what we should do?

Reactions: 2 users
Has anyone thats interviewed after December 2nd hear back from Maryland yet?

Hi everyone, is there any facebook page for class of 2024?

Interviewed Dec 10th, haven’t heard anything. Not sure if anyone from that day at all has heard anything.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

looks like they have 101 members in the group, and one is a current student. at this rate, seems like they only have 20 seats left and a slim chance of getting in :(.

looks like they have 101 members in the group, and one is a current student. at this rate, seems like they only have 20 seats left and a slim chance of getting in :(.
How do you know only one is a current student in there? And there could be a decent amount of people in that group with multiple acceptances that will not pick to attend Maryland.

How do you know only one is a current student in there? And there could be a decent amount of people in that group with multiple acceptances that will not pick to attend Maryland.
I assume just one, because that's the only admin.

Nope, there are couple D3/D4s asking people to live them. Some people are just joined the page after getting interviewed there. Also the class size is around 130. My guess would be that 80-90 seats are taken as they interviewed more than 80 people after sending second round of acceptances. Again these are just assumptions based on things.

Reactions: 3 users
Did the university make student accounts for those of you who are waiting to hear back ?

The official class fb page isn’t being created until June. The people in the current one are a mixture of current D3/D4 students, people who interviewed or people have just been accepted and haven’t made a decision yet.

Reactions: 3 users
I interviewed Feb 4th and have not heard anything

Are they sending out acceptances tomorrow?

Last edited:
Why do we think they are sending out acceptances today??

Why do we think they are sending out acceptances today??

It's just a prediction. We're trying to follow the trend from last year's thread -- they sent acceptances around this time last year

Reactions: 1 users